Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 (63590 Views)

I Will Support Tinubu Without Apologies – PDP Chieftain, Bwala / Melaye: You Cannot Promote, Defend Or Campaign For Tinubu Without Looking Stupid / But For My 2,000 Rented Crowd, Buhari Would Have Met Empty Stadium – Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by John4B: 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

No shock anywhere.

What we want is a fair primaries, if they win us, we will go back home to Lagos.

—When Buhari lost multiple times and failed, who did he look up to for help? Jagaban

Jagaban need him to reciprocate the effort now, we are not saying Buhari must support Jagaban but at least allow fair primaries and let the party delegates decide their man.

If Buhari cannot do that simple thing, then he is a big BETRAYER!

Asiwaju should rise up, he is a lion, he is Jagaban and a fighter, he fought OBJ and won, he fought the machinery of the PDP through the court and election ground; He should rise up and live up to the hype; We need his leadership and we need him to roar like the LION OF BOURDILLON!

Dead lion! He's yet to see something. Premium tears loading. U ppl must surely regret ur alignment with the Fulani.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by boyfrank: 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

No shock anywhere.

What we want is a fair primaries, if they win us, we will go back home to Lagos.

—When Buhari lost multiple times and failed, who did he look up to for help? Jagaban

Jagaban need him to reciprocate the effort now, we are not saying Buhari must support Jagaban but at least allow fair primaries and let the party delegates decide their man.

Asiwaju should rise up, he is a lion, he is Jagaban and a fighter, he fought OBJ and won, he fought the machinery of the PDP through the court and election ground; He should rise up and live up to the hype; We need his leadership and we need him to roar like the LION OF BOURDILLON!

Premium tears, the wailing is too loud.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Owopariola1: 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
Prinnce1:
he shouldn't have said this, desperation is written all over his words. Tinubu is a smart politician no doubt but the north won't want him because he is perceived to be powerful and won't do their bidding I will advice him to be careful of those northerners that following him around .

He needs to say it.
Imagine you helping some people to rise through the ladder, and at some point, you need their favor, and suddenly, they just decide not to help you, how will you feel? Did he offend any of them personally?

They should come out and tell us what Tinubu did to them personally.

The Ambode issue doesn't fly, he contested the primary and lost.
Sanwo-Olu won the primary election with 970, 851 votes against Akinwunmi Ambode's 72,901.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Franking: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
So?
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Beremx(f): 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2022
Maobichek:

God help us! My attention was caught the 3rd time he said: "God and me," let him not equit himself with God. God is God and not a man.

He supported PMB and others also did but the impression is that it was him alone; he just confirmed what some people do say here that BAT made PMB the president which in all ramifications is a lie because BAT has one vote and the vote PMB got from Kano and Kaduna alone is higher than what he got from 6 South West states.
I trust Buhari to debunk such lies that Tinubu made him president. Tinubu forgot he has only one vote. I dunno how one vote equates to 14 million votes

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Owopariola1: 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
Abujason:

So if a person with questionable character and background helped you in the past somehow, it’s ok for you to pay him back by giving him access to your most priced and valuable assets?

I hope you will say yes to this.

I guess you're referring to Tinubu as someone with questionable character, but who among them is a saint? At least neither Dapo, nor Buhari himself.

As for your question, Yoruba will say "omo buruku lojo ti e." Meaning "A bad child has his heroic day."

This is the time we need a radical that can fight cabal, and brings technocrats to handle our nations.

Check well, even all his options of VP in 2015 all sound minds (Yemi Osibanjo, Yemi Cardoso, Wale Edun).

Tinubu has never been the one to promote mediocrity if given the opportunity.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Prinnce1: 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
Owopariola1:

He needs to say it.
Imagine you helping some people to rise through the ladder, and at some point, you need their favor, and suddenly, they just decide not to help you, how will you feel? Did he offend any of them personally?

They should come out and tell us what Tinubu did to them personally.

The Ambode issue doesn't fly, he contested the primary and lost.
Sanwo-Olu won the primary election with 970, 851 votes against Akinwunmi Ambode's 72,901.
in politics,you have to play not too smart to your opponent and this include guiding your tongue, we all know the truth about tinubu influence over APC emerging 2015. Buhari made up his mind long time a go.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by southking92(m): 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
oya na, let d dirty fight begin. NEXT
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by GreyLaw(m): 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
abbey621:
ABOUT DAMN TIME! Enough kissing of Buhari's ball, it is clear he is not Buhari's and the Cabal's preferred candidate so no more disguise. This is the Jagaban of the old that we all know, the one that took on Obasanjo head on and won. Better to scatter everything than to continue smiling with wolves!

You are deceiving the man. He cannot do anything. He has no immunity and can be dealt with if he makes noise.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by CoolAmbience(m): 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2022
M1Garand:

But why didn't Buhari get 25% of votes in two third states in 03,07,11

Good question.

25% in two third the states was what Tinubu, Amaechi, Onu, Okorocha, Wammako and co, helped to achieve.

Yes...25%.

Now is getting 25% in two third the states more important than getting the majority of the votes in the election?
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by dejol88: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sheuns:
Some people made it possible for you to be governor in 1999 too. You didn’t do it alone. Baba leave story.

You played a role no doubt but do not take credits of members of the nPDP that collapsed PDP structure then. The total votes from the south west for APC was less than 2.7M, Kaduna and Kano had more than the entire votes of the South west for the APC.

I just hope we the younger generations are learning from our elders mistakes. The closest neighbors to Yorubas are the Igbos, most of us born here have known Igbos all our lives because we’ve lived in harmony, but when it comes to political alignments Yorubas and Igbos suddenly hate each other. Our elders planted these seeds of enmity in us for I don’t know why. If you ask them, they’ll say “Igbo o da” without giving any concrete reason why they said so. The same thing goes to Igbos they don’t like Yorubas for reasons I still do not understand.

The Hausa/Fulani that we keep aligning with keep playing us and we still continue running back to them. A United South will send shivers down the spines of the entire North; they know that and pray it never happens. I just hope the new generations abolish all these bullshit hate and come together as one. Maybe we should be called Yoruba/Igbo
It is the spirit that reveals this to you not a man.

You have spoken well.
if everyone in the south had cued at the back of Igbos in the name of southern unity that we would not be getting the president .After-all the other components that made up the south were supported with votes to make them president.

My Yoruba brother support igbo presidency we Live together in the south we are not going anywhere.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Owopariola1: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
Prinnce1:
in politics,you have to play not too smart to your opponent and this include guiding your tongue, we all know the truth about tinubu influence over APC emerging 2015. Buhari made up his mind long time a go.

And that's what Tinubu has been avoiding all this while, by keeping mute, yet it appears Buhari is hellbent to make sure he never gets it.
Or you think Tinubu would have run Nigeria the way Buhari is doing? I strongly doubt it.

But at this late hour, if Buhari can't support Tinubu, he should let the whole world see those that betrayed him for who they are. And if possible, sow the seed of distrust among them.

If any of them is offended by Tinubu personally, they should all come out and tell how Tinubu first betray them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Without u or without God, it was by the grace of God

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by KomonSense: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mooh247:

If all your favours as a person also never gets reciprocated is that a good thing?!

Like if your children leaves you at old age because of some filmsy reason is that "cool" ?!

Tinubu has every right to ask for a free and fair primaries as he laboured for it under APC

Anyone who thinks Tinubu should be sidelined is evil and we shall fight such evil people

You're just wailing for nothing sake...

Go and rest
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by pfadom: 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2022
Will you keep quiet. Buhari has gone beyond gone beyond his boundaries.

FERNANDEZISBACK:
Man's proud of himself..he a waah achiever..hate him or nuh him knows wah him fi sure doing a him sounds smart too..
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Sheuns(m): 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2022
dejol88:

It is the spirit that reveals this to you not a man.

You have spoken well.

I see no reason if everyone in the south had cued at the back of Igbos in the name of southern unity that we would not be getting the president .After-all the other components that made up the south were supported with votes to make them president.

My Yoruba brother support igbo presidency we Live together in the south we are not going anywhere.

It pains me so much that our so called elders keep making the same mistakes. I honestly want to see a United south. I have several Igbo friends and business partners, a friend of mine who is Yoruba is getting married to an Igbo lady. We share so much similarities but we still choose to follow the Hausas on political matters, still they use and dump our so called political gladiators. It’s really sad.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by dejol88: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

No shock anywhere.

Buhari did not betray anyone . He has compensated Yorubas efforts by making one of their son Vice President. What else do you want?

The betrayal is the coalition of other components of the south who igbos have supported with votes not social media but can throw in the support now.

Mind you, no entity in the south can confront the north without zoning arrangements. We are simply asking what every other past president from the south benefitted too.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by dejol88: 10:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sheuns:

It pains me so much that our so called elders keep making the same mistakes. I honestly want to see a United south. I have several Igbo friends and business partners, a friend of mine who is Yoruba is getting married to an Igbo lady. We share so much similarities but we still choose to follow the Hausas on political matters, still they use and dump our so called political gladiators. It’s really sad.

I was born and bred in Lagos .
I am in obodo oyibo today because of my yoruba friend.
I am married to a yoruba
Igbos and yoruba live side by side.

Igbos and yoruba marry one another.

I see no reason why we can’t support ourselves.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Prinnce1: 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
Owopariola1:

And that's what Tinubu has been avoiding all this while, by keeping mute, yet it appears Buhari is hellbent to make sure he never gets it.
Or you think Tinubu would have run Nigeria the way Buhari is doing? I strongly doubt it.

But at this late hour, if Buhari can't support Tinubu, he should let the whole world see those that betrayed him for who they are. And if possible, sow the seed of distrust among them.

If any of them is offended by Tinubu personally, they should all come out and tell how Tinubu first betray them.
Bruh tinubu is too intelligent that's the only problem of the northerners,they are scared of what will become of him of he clinches the ticket. For now I don't support anyone, elections in Nigeria is for the best riggers and who holds the INEC commissioners first wins. A winner will definitely emerge Sha
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by ideylaff: 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
IjawRep:
On that one Tinubu is very correct.

Tinubu ACN

Buhari CPC

And the ANPP

Merged to form APC so as to defeat Goodluck

Buhari already lost three times before then and as they merged, Tinubu helped him.

A belong to ACN

P belong to ANPP

And C belong to CPC

It becomes APC.

Wrong narrative .... the nPDP boys who left PDP to join APC were the swingers of the election.....Not ACN who had just 4 Governors...
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by emmykk(m): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
Antivirus92:
who favoured atiku now?

The North and circumstances of betrayal of south west on Jonathan favoured him now.
2023 is supposed to be the turn of the south,but because infighting over who in the south should be supported is making them loose foresight of their turn, that has favoured Atiku
Apart from the fact that he has resources to persecute the election the north is united and the south is divided.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by richie3384: 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:
City Boy, the Jagaban!

He worked hard for other people in the past 15 years, fighting hard to place them at the top. He already picked his form for senatorial ticket in 2007 but had to step down for someone else because he said they might take Lagos and that spells doom for the AC in retaining the SouthWest.

He is not selfish, he helped Vice President, Senators, governors, Speakers, and etc to get to the top, WHY can't they just reciprocate just this ONE TIME?

Let's even agree they won't reciprocate, why then go about lying about who helped you like the VP have been doing? That is treachery!

We are not saying Buhari should support Asiwaju, BUT at least allow for a fair primaries where the delegates will vote their conscience; That request is not too much from someone that helped you achieve your dream after failing 3 times.

Does Tinubu allow for fair primaries in Lagos state?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by emmykk(m): 11:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

So you think it's cool for another Northern Muslim to rule again making it a gruesome 16years ??
Atifku is not favored anything,Hd should just pray the Apc tickets doesn't go to the hands of a Southern Christian.

Do Christianity or Islam prevent these guys not to loot?they use that for election and when they are there they loot.

Atiku time has come and there is no Christain or Moslem that can defeat him.
Osinbajo, Ameachi or Tinubu cannot defeat him because the southern part of the country is not unify.
A replay of 2015 when buhari defeat Jonathan is about to happen. If Osinbajo or Tinubu gets it they can't win the 11 states of SS and SE even if Atiku fail to win all he will get 70% of those state plus if he can't the 19states of the north he will get atleast 79% percent
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by haffaze777(m): 11:17pm On Jun 02, 2022
Tinubu also said without God and him, Governor Dapo Abiodun would not have emerged in 2019 election.

“Dapo that’s sitting down here, could he have become Governor without me? We were at the stadium, they tore all his posters. Even the party flag, they didn’t want to hand over it to him, I was the one who brought it.

So Tinubu is proud of calamity he brought on Ogun state people?wallah I shame for this nonsense he spew here,with this statement I just hope and pray that I will still continue supporting him.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by offiahvictor(m): 11:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

No shock anywhere.

Stop the noise. Don't take it personal there's no guaranteed agreement in politics. know that and know peace.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Proudlyomonna: 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
emmykk:

Do Christianity or Islam prevent these guys not to loot?they use that for election and when they are there they loot.

Atiku time has come and there is no Christain or Moslem that can defeat him.
Osinbajo, Ameachi or Tinubu cannot defeat him because the southern part of the country is not unify.
A replay of 2015 when buhari defeat Jonathan is about to happen. If Osinbajo or Tinubu gets it they can't win the 11 states of SS and SE even if Atiku fail to win all he will get 70% of those state plus if he can't the 19states of the north he will get atleast 79% percent

You will be very very shocked to see that atiku will get less than 15% vote in the SE.
For the average Igboman,it's not just about voting who is going to win,it's about doing the right thing grin
I stand with Peter Obi.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by kayjay69(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
You are absolutely right.

And if we are talking money, Tinubu did not spend as much as Amaechi did to enable Buhari's emergence.

In the eyes of Buhari and his cronies, they have compensated him enough. Let us pretend for once the tables were reversed with Tinubu as President and Buhari as vice or having the VP slot. We know Tinubu from his antecedents would never allow Buhari to dictate to him.

The same Tinubu making this statement that he told Buhari not to joke with Yorubas still the same Tinubu that told Yorubas to surrender their land for Fulani herdsmen. Now he is tryiny to package himself as a saviour and ambassador for the Yoruba, he must think Yorubas are slow people.

Tinubu is just playing to the gallery but he knows his best chance of becoming President is to utilize the machinery of the ruling party to rig votes in his favour. And Buhari knows this as well and I know now for sure seeing Tinubu in desperation mode, Buhari will never give him that ticket. For this alone, I love Buhari.
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Poor Tinubu. The handwriting is clearly written on the wall, that he's going to loose woefully, reason he starts lamenting.

Truth be said, Tinubu played no significant role in Buhari emergence as the president. If there's anyone that can say this again and again and I believe without a doubt it's Rab'u Musa Kwankwaso and other PDP bigwigs who decamped from PDP to APC as at that time.

It's only foolish Idiotic nonentities that will believe this baseless propaganda by Tinubu. Even Lagos state that Tinubu owned as his property, he couldn't influence the election there much. Tinubu was so inconsequentîal in 2015 presidential election.

Okay let's agree with you that you made him president. So your intention was for him to pay you back too? Lol....wake up , you have been played big time.

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by deleson: 11:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sign of a sinking ship.

Tinubu has been speaking from a place of hurt, self-deceit, pride and social unconsciousness.

He’s going nowhere. For the fact that he thinks he’ll or should be compensated with the office of the president because of his political sagacity.

Welcome to the end of your political career, dear Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Poor Tinubu. The handwriting is clearly written on the wall, that he's going to loose woefully, reason he starts lamenting.

Truth be said, Tinubu played no significant role in Buhari emergence as the president. If there's anyone that can say this again and again and I believe without a doubt it's Rab'u Musa Kwankwaso and other PDP bigwigs who decamped from PDP to APC as at that time.

It's only foolish Idiotic nonentities that will believe this baseless propaganda by Tinubu. Even Lagos state that Tinubu owned as his property, he couldn't influence the election there much. Tinubu was so inconsequentîal in 2015 presidential election.

Okay let's agree with you that you made him president. So your intention was for him to pay you back too? Lol....wake up , you have been played big time.

Lol
I can't stop laughing after reading your comment.
No be small thing
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Flo36: 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thank you for your efforts but we need a young fast thinker like Peter Obi, Amaechi, Umahi and yomi Osinbajo
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by thinkmoney(m): 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I am not in anyway a Tinubu's fan, but I hate lies. You are a shameless liar.
Don't revisit history. Say things the way they are. Don't use lies to pursue your course.
Tinubu more than any factor helped Buhari become president.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by nedekid: 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
ChoCho54:
He's not smart. He's not a strategist anything.
We from outside knew he was sidelined at a point. He should have started fighting then. He should have known buhari would never allow a stronger man succeed him, moreso a non Fulani.
It's for self preservation.
Seems he is about to be served dinner ice cold.
The possible reality is becoming dicernible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Johannes Tobi 'Invites' Davido To Perform At APC Oyetola's Thanksgiving Party / Yahaya Bello, His Wife And Supporters Celebrate After He Was Declared Winner / Photos Of Ambode And Sanwo- Olu Arriving Together For The APC Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.