Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

No More Preaching In The Bus! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No More Preaching In The Bus! (2172 Views)

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Preaching In The Bus! by mrofficial(m): 8:29am On Aug 10, 2007
Governor Fashola, your own don dey too much hooo.
Is it a good thing?  angry angry
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Ndipe(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2007
Not good! If this is indeed true, the governor's priorities are completely misplaced.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Veracious(f): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2007
can you pls tell me where you got this information from?

i still find it hard to believe. but if its true, then Gov Fash should be ready to face God's wrath.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by mnwankwo(m): 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2007
Veracious,

You appear to invoke the wrath of God on the governor simply because he was reported to have banned preaching in buses. There are several locations for believers to spread their belief. They can preach in churches, their houses, workplaces etc and not preaching in buses may not make any difference. In addition, no matter how convinced we are about our beliefs, we should request the consent of others before we start to talk to them about our faith. If they give their consent, then one can go on and preach to them, if however they decline, then they should be left alone. It is their choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by pilgrim1(f): 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2007
m_nwankwo:

In addition, no matter how convinced we are about our beliefs, we should request the consent of others before we start to talk to them about our faith.

I don't know what root this sprang from. However, such issues are not a matter of 'consent'. Whose consent do others seek before trying to sell their wares both in buses and outside them? The noise from the PAS and other loud-speakers mounted on Church buildings and Mosques - whose consent did they seek in the first place?

Someone just wants to get noticed for his reputation of distractions while appearing to be working. Just call it that.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Veracious(f): 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2007
@ m_nwankwo

are you one of those pple who don't want to be preached to in buses?
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Kuns: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2007
I remember when I was in Nigeria, this is something I used too do.

I found it very challenging going out preaching on the buses. I used to preach from Satellite Town (Fin Niger) to Marina via Mile 2. That was then.

Funny enough, Governor Fasola is one of our old boys, where went to the same secondary school, however, he was a senior by four years.

Many of our people are now realizing the truth of how we have been lied too with the Cauasians religion.

The lies have really done a lot of damage mentally, imaging Africans waiting for a man to come out of the sky to save them, it's even more crazy waiting for a white man (pale albino) to come out of the clouds to save africans.

This religion as made most nigerian christians mentally dead (ignorant = to ignore facts).

It is no surprise that the Governor has banned preaching on the buses. The religion of christianity as we know it should be banned all together. People should be taught the truth of this religion.

I know it is a feel good story we have been told, but the fact remains there is no truth in the story of salvation of christianity. This religion empowers the cauasian race spiritually, mentally and emotionally over those nations of the world that follow their doctrine especially the nubian, Nuwaubian or African they have been deceived and lied too the most because it is their cultural precept that has been watered down to create the myths of Christianity as we know it today.

Africa needs to get back it's power mentally physically and spiritually speaking, and we cannot do this if we are worshipping the images of the Cauasians (pale albinoes), believing in their tales and myths called belief.

Yes, the governor is right to ban preaching on the buses. He should now move to ban preaching on the streets.
After all, you do not see the cauasians preaching on the buses and streets in their countries, and it is their religion.

Why are we still carrying their religion on our heads? These people really think we are a joke, even their don't believe their own religion.

Why must africans believe the white man's religion more than the white people themselves?

Yes the governor
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by IDINRETE: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2007
kuns kuns kuns
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
men! na wa for you o,

the usage of loudspeakers megaphones outside the places of worship should be banned as well

what a nuisance the noise constitute
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by TCUBE(m): 7:28am On Aug 11, 2007
A bus is a public environment, meaning that u have people of various religions and race,
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Dios(f): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2007
@Veracious, what is with you and this religion, the man did the sensible and right thing by banning that bs on PUBLIC buses and you're invoking the wrath of god, wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. You need to get out of Nigeria and see the world, because you are so close minded and this religion has given you tunnel vision. If I'm on a commercial bus, I definitely don't wanna hear about no jesus or any other biblical kike. The next step should be fines. All those loudspeakers gotta go, i wouldn't wanna wake up to no church or mosque sh#t.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by simplyme3(f): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2007
Nigeria is a country with the most "resemblance" of people with trust in God - but it doesnt show up in our attitude to our neighbour, to government, to friends and to everyone - what is the good of having a resemblance of godliness when indeed inside is as devilish as devil him/herself?

Preaching can be done so many places - I have lived abroad, i have seen so many people preach and distribute tracks and spread the gospel - they do it with so much peace and dexterity that u will be compelled to listen to them - but in Nigeria - oh men - it is different - well, God is d only judge - not humans like us. God's word will continue o spread at His own will, so banning preaching in the buses may be welcome.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by BlkRaven(f): 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2007
As long as Fashola's doing it for the right reason, it's a good thing. If people want to hear the 'word', they can go to places of worship - there are many to choose from
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Synthase(m): 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2007
Fortunately, it is not a confirmed report better still, a misconception and kuns dont tell me yot are a product of ICY.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by BlkRaven(f): 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2007
simply_me:

Preaching can be done so many places - I have lived abroad, i have seen so many people preach and distribute tracks and spread the gospel - they do it with so much peace and dexterity that u will be compelled to listen to them

If they don't do it with peace and dexterity, someone will knock seven bells out of them. I've seen people preach on the streets but it's rarely Oyibo people preaching (except for Jehovah's Witnesses). It's often black people with their glossy leaflets wanting to share the word. . .
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Purist(m): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2007
If this is true, then I think the question we should all be asking is:

How will the ban be effected? Will Fashola place a policeman in every public bus to watch out for those that preach in buses? Or are the passengers to push out anyone preaching in the bus? How exactly will this ban be effected? I'm so curious to know.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Purist(m): 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2007
@pilgrim.1

You and I know that this issue of religion is far more sensitive than you make it seem. We're just very fortunate to have cool-headed Muslims in Lagos.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Kuns: 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2007
@ALL,

We never see the europeans preaching on their buses. If you preach on a buses in London you will be arrested for a public disorder offence.

Why are our people always trying to be better christians than the people who gave us christianity in the first place?

It's only in the market areas that you see people preaching in London. People will be arrested preaching on the streets also? This constitutes a public disorder offence.

The europeans know Jesus is not coming back. They are just keeping us preoccupied with stupidity, something they know can never happen.

It's about time the government of Nigeria do other things that will make people wake up and realize what day and time it is.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by nossycheek(f): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2007
Purist:

@pilgrim.1

You and I know that this issue of religion is far more sensitive than you make it seem. We're just very fortunate to have cool-headed Muslims in Lagos.

Exactly the reason for the ban. He is a muslim. Just watch out, sharia may soon follow
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2007
@Kuns,

Kuns:

The europeans know Jesus is not coming back. They are just keeping us preoccupied with stupidity, something they know can never happen.

I will like you to read the following predictions that was made two millenia ago to see where you and your crew fit in:

1BELOVED, I am now writing you this second letter. In [both of] them I have stirred up your unsullied (sincere) mind by way of remembrance,
    2That you should recall the predictions of the holy (consecrated, dedicated) prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior [given] through your apostles (His special messengers).

3To begin with, you must know and understand this, that scoffers (mockers) will come in the last days with scoffing, [people who] walk after their own fleshly desires

4And say, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the forefathers fell asleep, all things have continued exactly as they did from the beginning of creation.

5For they willfully overlook and forget this [fact], that the heavens [came into] existence long ago by the word of God, and the earth also which was formed out of water and by means of water,

6Through which the world that then [existed] was deluged with water and perished.

7But by the same word the present heavens and earth have been stored up (reserved) for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly people.

8Nevertheless, do not let this one fact escape you, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

9The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people's conception of slowness, but He is long-suffering (extraordinarily patient) toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will vanish (pass away) with a thunderous crash, and the [material] elements [of the universe] will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.

11Since all these things are thus [b]in the process of being dissolved, what kind of person ought [each of] you to be [in the meanwhile] in consecrated and holy behavior and devout and godly qualities,

12While you wait and earnestly long for (expect and hasten) the coming of the day of God by reason of which the flaming heavens will be dissolved, and the [material] elements [of the universe] will flare and melt with fire?

13But we look for new heavens and a new earth according to His promise, in which righteousness (uprightness, freedom from sin, and right standing with God) is to abide.

14So, beloved, since you are expecting these things, be eager to be found by Him [at His coming] without spot or blemish and at peace [in serene confidence, free from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts].

15And consider that the long-suffering of our Lord [His slowness in avenging wrongs and judging the world] is salvation (that which is conducive to the soul's safety), even as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the spiritual insight given him,

16Speaking of this as he does in all of his letters. There are some things in those [epistles of Paul] that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as [they distort and misinterpret] the rest of the Scriptures.

17Let me warn you therefore, beloved, that knowing these things beforehand, you should be on your guard, lest you be carried away by the error of lawless and wicked [persons and] fall from your own [present] firm condition [your own steadfastness of mind].[/b]

18But grow in grace (undeserved favor, spiritual strength) and recognition and knowledge and understanding of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (the Messiah). To Him [be] glory (honor, majesty, and splendor) both now and to the day of eternity. Amen (so be it)!

2 Peter 3:1-18

These are truely the last days, so believers in Christ must watch and pray.

http://www.timesofnoah.com/index.html
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by timmy7(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2007
You have surely hit on the head and it also reminds me of that passage says it is better not to believe at all than to believe and latter tarry.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by swing4real(m): 7:06am On Aug 18, 2007
In as much as i believe in God most high and also in His promises i still do not like the idea the way we Nigerians carry religion.In every street you go in 9ja you either find a church or mosque yet Nigerians are not their brothers keeper.Somtimes i ponder what they teach in the church and mosque? I have not seen any where in the Bible where God ask us to force people to hear his words or believe in Him that´s why he gave us free will.Hence, preaching in the bus is is wrong.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by redsun(m): 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2007
Enough of the preaching in nigeria,What the people need is common sense and technological innovation.Preaching can only help when you've achived your goals in life and you want something to calm your insatiable drive in form of psychotherapy,that is if you can't handle,it still take common sense to handle success.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by ebos(m): 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2007
redsun:

Enough of the preaching in nigeria,What the people need is common sense and technological innovation.Preaching can only help when you've achived your goals in life and you want something to calm your insatiable drive in form of psychotherapy,that is if you can't handle,it still take common sense to handle success.

This guy, redsun, I can't understand you for a minute when it comes to religion discussion. How could you believe that Nigeria's backwardness in technology is as a result of her much concentration on evangelization or religion? Now, do you want me to believe that Nigeria can only improve technologically when she pushes religion behind, then religion follows after improvement in technology? Redsun na wah o!. With religion today, we are like this, then figure out what Nigeria will be without it. Though, some of these Pastors' preaching are provocative - extortion in nature. I’m not straight?
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by feelgood(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2007
Dear Kuns, that gov Fashola was 4 years your senior at the secondary school shows you are an Igbobian. Up IC. No doubt you'd agree that 'wherever there is an Igbobian, there always is a noble Nigerian'.
Only problem is, your harsh putdowner of another person's religion appears to be a departure from the nobility Igbobians are noted for, dont you think?
Ce ce ce ceee,
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by redsun(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2007
Holy grail is part white supremacist conspiracy to continue to keep mugus in everlasting suspense.The only big deal about christ is his rebellious nature for change,that is what he died for,he needed people to to understand their human infinite abilities and significance,both in life and death.Fear is the key to ignorance and abject misery and poverty,especially fear of the unknown.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by redsun(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
Wrong place,but all the same.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by redsun(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2007
Ebos,if you care to listen,religion of any kind is delusional,it's an opium for  the peasant masses,it has no place in the real world.What it causes right now is confusion,some sadistic ruler like bush and bin laden are using it to manipulate the people while they are still making more money.Till present day,bush and bin laden family are still business partners,while the  so-called war on terror and religion is still going.Have you ever wonder why africa is still backward?because we are not intunned yet with laws of physics and nature and how it works,rather we are just believing that angels from heaven will pave our way for us according to white man's fairy tales.The vatican that you blindlly believe in today have an observatory where they study the galaxies and stars to decipher the mysteries of nature,while they keep telling you the cork and bull story of hail mary.How many people know or have use telescope in africa,meanwhile,that is where the stars are more visible.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by ebos(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2007
@redsun

Not all that glitters are gold. I so much believe in my God. If only George Busy can set his eyes on Bin Laden – 6ft will be Bin Laden’s next accommodation. Do not believe Bush and Osama are business partners. You better not deceive or discouraging people from worshipping the Living God. I’m so depressed that I wonder why you should be making such statements against religion. Redsun, you better have a rethink before you incur God’s wrath. That’s my humble advise for you.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by mazaje(m): 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2007
white people don't believe in god yet the are more blessed they live longer,have more disposable income,have less diseases and are happier people black people believe sooo much in god and yet there is nothing to show that god is with them, i personally believe there is a god but he is not what we are made to believe he is by the lying pastors and imams he is what he is and the white people have really discovered him. we black people are yet to do that. all i know is that there is no way god will fail to give or pour out his blessing to the people that worship him in earnest(africans) and pour pour or give it out to those that don't(white people). some thing is definately wrong some where.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by redsun(m): 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2007
Ebos,here we go again,fear.Bush family fronts businesses for the bin ladens in america.The first oil company of bush jr(obustos)was heavily financed by the ladens and saudi royals and elites.It is a known fact,on the morning sep 11 bush sr was in a business meeting with the bin ladens in a hotel in washington.This world is ruled by the illuminaties,the more you look the less you see and religion and class a drugs are good ways of keeping people morons.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by Aproko(f): 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2007
well if this is true, then i am mighty glad.

now my problem is not the preaching really, but rather the lenght of the preaching!!! imagine being in a crowded bus in lagos, its bad enough that the traffic is terrible and the sun is scorching, then you can imagine the person next to you shouting at the top of his/her vioce and then refusing to stop!! so much so you can't hear the condutor calling the bus stops!!

the funny thing is that i consider these preachers inconsiderate! you are shouting so loud, i cant hear my bus stop, i have to stop at the next bus stop and start trekking back just because while i was busy screaming 'owa o', you were busy screaming about how every girl that puts on trouser is heading for hell fire!!!

preach if you want to, but please let it be mederate!!! and if it cannot be in moderation as we see most of the time in lagos busses, then please let it stop! public peace is important also.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by pilgrim1(f): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2007
mazaje:

white people don't believe in god yet the are more blessed they live longer,have more disposable income,have less diseases and are happier people black people believe sooo much in god and yet there is nothing to show that god is with them, i personally believe there is a god but he is not what we are made to believe he is by the lying pastors and imams he is what he is and the white people have really discovered him.

Oh well. >>sigh!<<

Which one is it between the two opposite statements you posted up there? Is it that:

"white people don't believe in god"?

OR

"the white people have really discovered him"?

In other words, they don't believe in God, even though they've discovered Him? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

2012 - What Will Happen? / God's Writtens Found In Mars / Christian Tithing - Separating Fact From Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.