Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

No More Preaching In The Bus! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No More Preaching In The Bus! (2183 Views)

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by cgift(m): 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2007
I sincerely hop it is not true because i used to do it while i was much younger. ven if it is tru, i know it only sparks of on thing, th gospel is going to b xperienced in another level ntirely. You cant box God's Words, i.e., Christ, the grave could not box him so who is Fashola?
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by bindex(m): 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2007
yeah i support the ban.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by mazaje(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2007
There has NEVER in the history of mankind been a race, a nation or a civilization of people that have over any extended period prospered, thrived or survived with their hands out waiting for someone else to provide for them we the black people have listened to the lies of the pastors and imams way too much for anything positive to happen to us while the white people are out there using their brians and simple logic to get things done we arre there hoping on god to do everything for us.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by cgift(m): 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2007
mazaje:

There has NEVER in the history of mankind been a race, a nation or a civilization of people that have over any extended period prospered, thrived or survived with their hands out waiting for someone else to provide for them we the black people have listened to the lies of the pastors and imams way too much for anything positive to happen to us while the white people are out there using their brians and simple logic to get things done we arre there hoping on god to do everything for us.

I do not understand this post very wll pardon me. I do not see the relationship btw being religious and backwardness. Th nation is not backward because of religion. i think that is obvious enough. It is backward because of several other reasons such as not being true to ourselves espcially the leadership. Anybody that has refused to add value to his life and his community has done so not because his pastor or Imam told him not to but because he has refused to take up that responsibility either due to constraints by the society or even his own background and xposure.

the Pastors tha i know these days help you to situate your dream as a world changer and even encourage you to achieve against all odds. What we are only hoping on God for are the things that are beyond our control.
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by BlkRaven(f): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2007
mazaje:

Mazaje,
Well said!
Re: No More Preaching In The Bus! by jaybee3(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2007
I have experienced the preaching on a london double decker bus before (offcourse by a naija man). Guess what, a white person complained and the driver had to get the guy off the bus.
Peeps should spread the word/message through normal channel alas Church, mosque or own living room.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday / Christians, Please Interpret, Exposit, Explain, And/or Exegete This Passages / I Want To Become An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.