Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,785 members, 7,956,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) (50440 Views)

Nigeria's Facial Scars: The Last Generation (viewers discretion!) / Iru Kingdom: The End Of A Dominating Dynasty / Yoruba Facial Features Is Similar To Asians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by GODPUNISHALABI: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
Na so I knack one afonja gal wey get tribal mark, she just dey shout wo wo wo wo , na so I stand up wear boxers , make e no be na spiritual incantations she dey do
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by 1cyrus(m): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
Hi, there!! enjoy free banking on Kuda. Download Kuda here: https://kuda.onelink.me/abUI/lvzr2bpl and join with this code: RuU4fF1e.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Oxtertee(m): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
I also have markings on my face and some part of my body. Mine is short single line on both cheeks which is referred to as (1-1) ko bomojẹ. It actually stopped on me as my immediate sister didn't have any neither those after her.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by EbukaHades10(m): 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
I remember when my Popsy be wan give me and my siblings by force. E do am like 4 times but e dey always fade off.

Maybe he no sabi do am or something else but I am so glad I don't have it on my face.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Tk4all(m): 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
I have two facial marks on each of my cheeks. In my early days, I felt so terrible with them but now, I have grown to appreciate them.
The story behind the marks is that I had convulsions when I was little and grandma had to mark me to save my life.
Are you from kogi state? a friend of mine has this type of facial mark for the same reason you stated. he is igala
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Yankiss(m): 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
I have two facial marks on each of my cheeks. In my early days, I felt so terrible with them but now, I have grown to appreciate them.
The story behind the marks is that I had convulsions when I was little and grandma had to mark me to save my life.
Hmmm. Did it really save your life? grin They look cute though.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by AbokiWithAttitu: 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lion Scars grin
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Akabuking: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
you are beautiful
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by rejoice4eva(m): 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ibrahim Makkuwana's ancestors, pastoralists from Gubur in present-day Sokoto, did not have facial marks. But, he said, as they moved around looking for farming land, "they fought many battles and conquered many places".

No wonder, it is inborn
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Bigpapi1: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
If say my papa give me tribal mark i for don kill am by now
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Banbanna(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Well, it's a great thing that this ancient body scarring practice is going into extinction.

I personally don't like the vertical tribal marks that was given 2 me on both sides of my cheeks, where one is more pronounced than the other. More so, as the person who marked me was my late step mother. Maybe that's why I never really liked her or got drawn to her till she passed away.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Mrtaye: 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
Wow yours is similar to mine,but mine is called kokumo
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by DoggoneDogg: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
The Most Wicked Tribe in the World are known for this. They are so backward yet they always claim sophistication.

Tell me what is sophisticated about tearing up an innocent baby's face in a heartless manner?

Your own baby o.
Devils.

4 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Chuzoetoh(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
Zebrajeezy
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Sleekfingers: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lionnation:
Notherners and south western Nigeria,

The ones wey people from the southeast dey put for the side of their eyes Nko?

4 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Mrtaye: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ndibuna:

You don't have choice than to like your deformity. There is nothing else you can do about it
Which one be deformity abi bomb dey your head ni
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Ykc2(m): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Every tribe dey claim say thier culture na the best in the world, I hope they will not let the culture of tribal marks die,they should continue giving their children tribal marks

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Elidrisy20: 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
To some is beautiful, but others na tiger claw
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by shegoon: 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
Same here sister
beylinko02:
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Sleekfingers: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
saintkeppy:
It's very common in Oyo Town &Ogbomosho Town. Very wicked Facial Marks

grin grin grin

Oyo people no dey joke oooo....dem go butcher person face,. Like say the person go fight tiger...mm
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by bonnyhope: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:

You fine o

Are you single?
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Mrtaye: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

Forget those guys telling you you're busy like this. You're not beautiful at all, especially with those marks that looks like what vulture fingered. It obvious you're a Yoruba. Na Yorubas dey always use bottle, scissors, knives, cutlass etc to mark their children body. No let those guys dey whine you. They're bloody Simps and will never tell you the truth. I'm telling you the truth now, those marks look awkward and ugly. It's not fine.

I know you have no choice. But I'll recommend you sue your grandma for disfiguring your face (that's if she's still alive)
Bomb dey your head

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by saintkeppy(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
Sleekfingers:

grin grin grin

Oyo people no dey joke oooo....dem go butcher person face,. Like say the person go fight tiger...mm

grin
Very scary, small pikin them go see them begin fear&cry, thinking they have finally met vampires.

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Zizicomm: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
MrCover:
No Be Small Thing ooooo

Please Nairalander, If You Are Selling Bulk Airtel Airtime, Get In Touch With

Urgent Airtel Bulk Airtime Needed Please.

We Are Ready To Buy Up To 5Million Naira Airtel Bulk Airtime From Your Hand.

Hell Mr Cover, can we do bizness. How do I . Contact you?

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Bobbiee: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
The Igbos rid them selves of this barbaric practice as early as the 19th century. But the yorubas continued till present day

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by saintkeppy(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
The Most Wicked Tribe in the World are known for this. They are so backward yet they always claim sophistication.

Tell me what is sophisticated about tearing up an innocent baby's face in a heartless manner?

Your own baby o.
Devils.

Chai! I pity the little innocent child crying for help. Graphic pix embarassed
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Banbanna(m): 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
SosoKaranuli:
I actually like facial scars and hope the tradition continues. It's not much different from tattoos and other types of body modifications.

What's wrong is that it's done to children. It should be consensual and for adults only. Similar to the Maui in New Zealand.

Do you have any tribal marks on your face currently? Or would you seriously consider having some if you haven't already?

Well, am not quite comfortable with your wish that it should continue because I have 2 vertical marks on my cheeks where one is more noticeable.
All I see it's just unnecessary scarring and nothing more. It does little to me being identified with my tribe as those vertical marks are a bit common among a number of tribes in Nigeria.

I think our tribal marks are just more of a blemish and you drawing parallels with the Maori facial tattoos doesn't quite fit as theirs is more artistic and the cuts or piercings aren't as deep.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by MrCover: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
Zizicomm:

Hell Mr Cover, can we do bizness. How do I . Contact you?

Meet MR COVER On WhatsApp Chat Now Via 0810-373-9506
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Nenzeey479: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
I would like to marry you cuz u too fine but no money. Who no like better stuff
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Banbanna(m): 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
OgogoroFreak:
I used to think they fought with lion.

Your mouth ehn grin cheesy. I never see who reason am like this before. But seriously, those Yoruba pple own is just too excessive. It seems like the parents were angry with their own baby for coming to the world by piercing their tender skin like that.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Ifakiland(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
ThreeEyedRaven:
Omo. Thank God my parent didn’t do this to me cause I for sue them
Would have actually cut the brakes out their cars if they had given me the mark

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Legendoo: 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
But tattoos are cool bah .

Well I don't like tribal marks , neither do I like tattoos , but Una hypocrisy too dey smell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Weds Wuraola Otiti In Benin (Photos) / Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead / What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.