Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (38508 Views)

I Have Finally Bought My First Car / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by urose93(f): 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lies. First car owners that won't sleep well and be praying for day to break quick so that they go out and rev their engines. You will even be anxious for the work to close quick so that you go to your sweet car. The above happened to me.

3 Likes

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
maybe he bought on instalment basis even though I dont trust all this fabricated jargons but immediate memory lose syndrome is real but not on this man story
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
obembet:
A Nigerian man bought his first car and drove it work in style. But when he closed, he forgot the car at his work place and jumped on public transport like before and went home and slept off.

He woke up in the night and started looking for the car, thinking it has been stolen.

Here is what he wrote

A few weeks after I bought my first car around 2012, I went home forgetting that already had a car. I woke up around 11pm and cried that the car had been stolen. I went to work next day and found the silly car siting there.

Source: https://twitter.com/ObinnaUkwueze/status/1532262373305856000?t=zUzK2_J_BWz5ZGAqVZbJMg&s=19

The height of stupidity. So you can't recollect how you came back home? Had it been you claimed to have gotten drunk, that would have been another case. You are silly big man

1 Like

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ciscogod:
I actually drove to a Supermarket close to my Office in Lekki Phase1. I legit trek back to the office forgetting I drove down to the Supermarket . My colleagues saw me because it was at breaktime and asked after my car. It was then I remembered I drove to buy food ooo.

I trek back to the supermarket to get the car. Its normal since the experience that I own a car was still new

Atleast this is possible. That guy lied or just plain stupid. Atleast you will recollect how you came back unless he is a fool

1 Like

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Streetdreamx(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
2009 at home during evening period, I held my Nokia torch and was making use of the torch. Later I started looking for the phone with same torch.
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Barims(m): 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
kokkubabboni421:
It’s a fact; once you’ve been poor for too long, it takes grace to adapt to a new pattern of life. Cuz your mind would be like Omo nah okada I jump come work ooh , forgetting that you now walk with four legs
May God bless everyone struggling in the trench
It’s really not easy at all

Your comments made my day grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by AdemolaA2: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
buygala:
Lies

Big one for that matter oo .. car that would be sharking you for like a whole 6 months o
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by FriendsAndFans(m): 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
stories like this gives a feeling compared to happy-ending
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by DAwest7: 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ogbodavies:
e go soon start
vawulence
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by poweredcom(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
I drove my car one day to a meeting after the meeting ended suddenly I decided to have a piss somewhere and when I looked out I could not see my car , I ran to meet my friends and screamed my car have been stole , not knowing I forgot that I parked it in the campus car park�☺️

3 Likes

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by dogwen: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
obembet:
A Nigerian man bought his first car and drove it work in style. But when he closed, he forgot the car at his work place and jumped on public transport like before and went home and slept off.

He woke up in the night and started looking for the car, thinking it has been stolen.

Here is what he wrote
He was high on kwale weed and Calidon.

A few weeks after I bought my first car around 2012, I went home forgetting that already had a car. I woke up around 11pm and cried that the car had been stolen. I went to work next day and found the silly car siting there.

Source: https://twitter.com/ObinnaUkwueze/status/1532262373305856000?t=zUzK2_J_BWz5ZGAqVZbJMg&s=19
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by OChimex: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
thesicilian:
It happens to everyone

It only happens when you buy cheap cars/ things.

Buy car wey expensive bai, make i hear say you no sleep inside the car

1 Like

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Burgerlomo: 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2022
It can never happen to me because nah there my mind go dey, he go just be make I finish work on time and hop in my new whip and cruise around grin
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Munzy14(m): 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2022
nony43:
When I bought my first car, I didn’t sleep at night. I wake up every two hours to check if it’s still there. grin
Hahahahahahahahaha...Reminds me of my Neighbour when he got his New car way back...

If fly land on top his car, he will come down, fetch water and begin wash.

Any small noise outside he will swing his curtain to check...gringrin

2 Likes

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Akharmony: 7:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
Only people who heart are meet and jcan forgice easily or over look things do such thing happen to...
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Emeka71(m): 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
Many congratulations.
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by nony43(m): 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
[quote author=Munzy14 post=113443743]
Hahahahahahahahaha...Reminds me of my Neighbour when he got his New car way back...

If fly land on top his car, he will come down, fetch water and begin wash.

Any small noise outside he will swing his curtain to check...gringrin

[/quot

Hahaha
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by ceejayluv(m): 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2022
Happened to me... Got a cheap car but still used the staff bus to work sometimes.... Once or twice I boarded the staff bus after closing from work but looked outside the window And saw My car parked at the lot. I stylishly came down, pretending like I went to pee. When the bus Left, I drove My car home.

1 Like

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Munzy14(m): 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
[quote author=nony43 post=113445163][/quote]
Lol...People and their first car experience...

1 Like

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Bbbw: 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
grin
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by philipobiz: 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
Mine is a bit different. I went to work parked my car. End of day I came out forget where I parked my car. I went to the wrong place and thought it was stolen. I needed to go round the parking lot before I found it
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by kokkubabboni421(m): 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
Barims:

Your comments made my day grin grin grin
I’m glad it did
Please stay safe Comrade

1 Like

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by kokkubabboni421(m): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
cayorday89:

Mine was not car, I was teaching for two years and earned peanuts so my spending was basically for food and other essential needs, got another job that was paying a bit higher and I get home at night, sometimes I buy suya or fruits as man no fit kill himself but sometimes I forget that I bought those things only to find them in my bag the next day or remember it at midnight. Poverty na serious bastard.

I swear Chief
Make God continue to bless us

1 Like

Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by kokkubabboni421(m): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
placeofallure:

I like your contribution but that's not why I'm mentioning you. It's your moniker. It reminded me of me in elementary school. I read anything readable. Good ol' days!
Kokku(I will not die ) babboni (God has answered my prayer)
I was a lover of Literature and still a lover of literature
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by marsup: 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ha ha.
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by placeofallure(f): 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
kokkubabboni421:

Kokku(I will not die ) babboni (God has answered my prayer)
I was a lover of Literature and still a lover of literature

Yeah! I love literature too, up till tomorrow. Just that hustling and bustling has kinda reduced the urge to read stuff. Other things are choking my love for reading.
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Originalsly: 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nothing new.... it's called habit. 30 minutes walk to school... my mom allowed me to use her bike.... rode to school... walked home. When she was sending me out... no bike. Had to trek back to school to get the bike... all by itself in the bike rack. Used to driving left hand drive car... traveled... cars are right hand drive... right hand insist on crashing into the door to reach for the gear shift.... to signal is a study.... can't even drive and lean ... lean left??
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by lagosrd: 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
Poverty is a sin
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Dozie32(m): 4:07am On Jun 04, 2022
Same thing happened to me ooo grin
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Nobody: 4:44am On Jun 04, 2022
channelstravel:
All these social media stories sha o grin
It happens. I know someone it has happened to.
Re: A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car by Carparts888(m): 7:04am On Jun 04, 2022
I tell you bro, someone that bought his first car should have been over excited to drive it at any given opportunity. When I got mine I was always thinking about it for up to 2 months before I got used to the fact Its a norms.
Righthussle:
Make una dey take am easy dey lie na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official / Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / With This Toyota Camatte Petta, Little Kids Can Now Learn To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.