Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari (16213 Views)

Hushpuppi: My Dream Was To Own 2 Motorcycles And 1 Commercial Bus, He Lamented / I Hadn’t Made Enough Money Before My Arrest – Robbery Suspect / Offa Bank Robbery: Abba Kyari Arrives Offa Town With His Team. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by iwaeda: 8:21am On Jun 03, 2022
Detained Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, has asked the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja not to okay his extradition to the United States of America, USA, to face trial over alleged involvement with a notorious Internet fraudster, Ramon Abbas, popularly known as Hushpuppi.

Kyari, who is currently in prison custody for drug related charges, in fresh processes he filed before the court, alleged that the plan to send him to the US for prosecution was for the purpose of punishing him.

Insisting that his arrest and subsequent detention had “political undertone,” the embattled DCP told the court that the request to extradite him to the USA was “directed to undermine the crackdown on various crime gangs by the respondent in Nigeria and internationally.”

Kyari, in a counter-affidavit deposed to by his younger brother, Mohammed, maintained that all the allegations pending against him are not extraditable offences.

“I know as a fact that the specified offences are of a political character and were, in fact, made for the purpose of prosecuting and punishing the respondent on account of his race, nationality and was not made in good faith nor in the interest of justice,” the deponent averred.
Kyari told the court that he is a highly decorated senior police officer that was already carrying out a “sting investigation” on Ramon Olorunwa Abbas or Abdulraman Imraan Juma, otherwise known as Hushpuppi, before he was framed up and arrested.

“A copy of the letter written by the respondent to the Interpol on January 28, 2020 and to the Inspector General of Police on March 3, 2020 in respect of the sting investigation being carried out by the respondent are herewith attached as Exhibit 1a and 1b respectively. This was five months before the arrest of Ramon Abbas and others by the FBI.

The request for the extradition is not supported by any document or verifiable evidence. The request is directed to undermine the crackdown on various crime gangs by the respondent in Nigeria and internationally and has political undertone.

“The request is for purposes of persecuting or punishing the respondent on account of his defence for the country.

“The respondent is confronted with series of charges to break him down because of his achievements and various national honours. A copy of the charge framed against the Respondent by the NDLEA is herewith attached as Exhibit 2.

The offences are trumped up and the Respondent is seriously committed to defending himself.”

However, the Federal Government, through the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, SAN, in its own affidavit deposed to by one Bello Abubakar Sholadoye, said it had sufficient evidence to warrant Kyari’s extradition to the US for trial.

It told the court that the office of the AGF “was in receipt of extradition request vide a diplomatic channel for the extradition of the Respondent fugitive wanted to stand trial in the USA.

“That the AGF is satisfied that there is no bar to the extradition application,” it said.

Meanwhile, Justice Inyang Ekwo has adjourned the matter till today to enable FG’s lawyer, Mr. Pius Akutah, respond to Kyari’s preliminary objection against his planned extradition.

The court said it would take both the objection and the substantive suit together.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/hushpuppi-my-arrest-detentionve-political-undertone-abba-kyari/

1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by datola: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Are you Buhari's anointed candidate?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by alfredthegreat(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by AutoReportNG: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Lol... When you are receiving bribes and arresting innocent you didn't cry politics then. You suddenly become a drug dealer all cos of greed and wickness... God is really patient

Checkout An Update On The Making Of The Second Niger Bridge

https://autoreportng.com/2020/12/see-the-transformation-of-second-niger-bridge-in-onitsha-photos.html

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Officialgarri: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Kyari, you can tell us you getting exposed have political undertone despite your influence, but you can't tell us you are not guilty of whatever you are accused of.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by humberjade: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Abegi, make we hear word!

So the evil and corruption you perpetuated as a cop were all politically motivated too? Or while you were negotiating on behalf of a drug cartel, nah still politicians dey pull the strings? My friend, your cup is full, drink the water and drop the cup.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by heydays: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2022
I wish I can just puke on this idiot sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by ednut1(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Fake jack bauer abeg shut up

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by DamnNiggar: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Foolish man
Tinubu's boy

10 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by sogodihno: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
This guy is supposed to be in prison, who is giving him mic in the prison?

12 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by awoniyi1236(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Klington: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Yes, just as your arresting and killing of innocent people was politically motivated.

Only you,
police thief.
Drug cartel.
Yahoo Yahoo
More are still coming.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Hangulsaram: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Why is he afraid of going US if he is innocent?

10 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Mykelslim: 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
This one still get mouth to talk

3 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Crieff(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Criminal drug-dealing cop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Latty88(f): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
They will soon release and promote him just like Magu. There is no justice in Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by biggz82: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
You never see anything

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Kingcalls: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
This guy is deluded ooo...

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by dante0147: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Lol
Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Maxymilliano(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
If he's not comfortable with his arrest and detention due to alleged political undertone, he should submit himself for extradition to the US and allow American court to take over his case

11 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
See as I open myouth in disbelief

5 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by youngeagle(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Yeah... I just jumped potholes, I think it has political undertone too

5 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by ATEAMS: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
LoL
Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by trifted404: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Abba kyari you are begining to sound like an IPOB member. Which one is political undertone

4 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Perfecttouchade: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Political tone and that applies with the US too? Haaa Abba grin So this is another reason for your arrest again

4 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by phygo89(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Abba Kyari is the most notorious name to bear. COVID dealt with one and USA is dealing with one

5 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Rahkman: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2022
grin
Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:35am On Jun 03, 2022
Abba is a goner......
What a shame!

The indictment/revelation of the involvement of Abba Kyari, the head of Nigeria's Intelligence Response Unit as a receiver of proceeds of international fraud popularly known as Yahoo Yahoo is worrisome and highly dents the image of our police and entire security architecture.
We do feel he has a case to answer,
He should come out to quickly clear his name if he is not guilty.
Cos what kinda play is a dog playing with a Lion?(Yoruba Proverbs by Sisi Yewande of @.)

And surely this won't be the first or the last names to be mentioned in this fraudulent case,
More case will definitely emerge in coming days.
And for the ones that are saying it was HushBingo that mentioned/rat Abba out, nope, he wasn't the one, the FBI just did their job and got the alleged information.

As we always make known on this forum on a weekly basis,
That all fraudsters stealing hardworking and innocent citizen's money through dubious means will never end well in life.
As we always point out that legit hustle is the way to a good life that will make you have peace of mind.
We always preach it that Fraud will bring reproach to your family.

Abba Kyari we love you as a good cop.
We love you for bringing to an end the reign of all the bad guys in this nation, from the baddest kidnapper in the history of Nigeria, to terrorists, to high end armed robbers and criminals,
Yes, we love and thank you all for all these good works,
But for this indictment and juxtaposition with fraud and drugs,
You will answer and pay for your crimes.
No hidden place for you supercop (sic) undecided

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by Orestino(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2022
If to say them don extradite you give the US government, you no go get mouth dey talk this rubbish

Eleribu werey grin

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi: My Arrest, Detention’ve Political Undertone –  Abba Kyari by franchasofficia: 8:35am On Jun 03, 2022
hahahahaha.

So these lunatics up North truly know that IPOB is that powerful?

No wonder they cringe at the hearing of IPOB of Nnamdi Kanu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Landlord’s Son Stabs Tenant To Death Over Electricity Bill / How I Escaped From Kidnappers - Felix Ndukwe / Robbers Raid Catholic Church In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.