Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Will Bad People Burn In Hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Bad People Burn In Hell? (12139 Views)

Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Electrochemistry(m): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2022
Please open this link for information on hell fire.

https://www2.gvsu.edu/pontiusd/hell.html
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by duro4chang(m): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2022
SenatePresdo:

Can sulphur, a physical element burn a soul?
Yes. The bible says it. Do you have contrary opinion? Then feel free to share it.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by searchlight: 9:57am On Jun 12, 2022
There is no hell or heaven no God or devil all of those are human imaginations. The world is just as natural as we can feel it. Nothing spiritual
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by gideonjeta(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Can you boldly say it clearly that this position of yours is absolutely the truth? And can you put your head on the table that if we probe it further and it is untrue, we should chop it off? Can you?

Yes it is true! Bible verses are cited/quoted in the write-up to support this.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Richy4(m): 10:02am On Jun 12, 2022
seunaj:

For educational purpose. Sir. I agree that they will burn in hell but my question is I need a Bible verse that says that they will burn for ever and ever as to wether they will burn and be destroyed (cease to exist)

Revelation 14: 9-11 smiley
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Franking: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2022
Nope. No such thing as heaven or hell.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by tonysunkan: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2022
Hell means grave. There is no fire in the grave.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Lavish4real(m): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2022
No they will enjoy in hell question�
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by gideonjeta(m): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2022
redcliff:

The soul never dies! Humans have a soul, spirit and body, just as scientist call it, mind, body and soul. That soul is what will burn in hell. The bible refers to that process as death because there is nothing about it that shows you are alive. Stop trying to translate the bible literally otherwise, you will be lost

This is not science discussion but a religious discussion! You need to support your stance with Bible verses that clearly says human souls never die.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Krismas(m): 10:09am On Jun 12, 2022
gideonjeta:

Well, as someone said,look at other translations of that verse. It's the Grave.
grin The person LIED
There is nowhere in the Bible were Sheol and Hades is rendered as Grave! The Bible has its own words for grave so don’t get it twisted. Its Christian cults like JW that peddle such fake doctrines
Put hell for grave and see if it makes sense in Exodus 14:11-12
11 And they said unto Moses, Because there were no GRAVES in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
12 Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
Jesus was buried in a Sepulcher not in a hell grin

1 Like

Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 12, 2022
I believe hell is eternal torment on preying on the weak or those who appeared meek to you. The blood of the innocent fans the flames of hell like they literally consume you for your deeds that don’t move economies forward or foster love in your environment regardless of religion the principles are the same.

Think about it education suffers, business suffers clearly we know who sold slaves

In one book 1 is 1
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Offpoint1: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2022
NNTR:
Great stuff!

Matthew 10:28
'And do not be afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul,
but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.
'

What was Adam before God filled him with ruach, the breath of God also known as the air or wind of God, alternatively called life-force, that was breathed in to Adam's nostril.

I tell you, for free, what Adam was. Adam was a dead soul before the life-force was breathed into him. Here's the point, souls are not immortal, meaning, souls being combustible, as soon after they get destroyed by fire, they cease to exist.

Death and hell, end up in the Lake of Fire to be destroyed, as for souls, that are in same lake of Fire, they dont burn in it for eternity, past already being destroyed

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
grin The breath of life is simply the electricity running in you as an advanced AI.

Your computer comes to life when it's connected a power source' electricity'. The electricity has no consciousness... But the computer does, the computer can't simply operate without the electricity.
Once power is interrupted, the electricity returns to the main power source... Every activities was conducted by the computer, it's illogical to think the electricity will face punishment instead of the computer.

The electricity is conscious-less but gives consciousness...

I hope you get the point.... grin
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Pathfinder2090: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2022
The Hebrew word for Hell in the Bible means “Sheol”
Sheol is a state of rest, unconsciousness, sleep, not some burning place of torture.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by NNTR: 10:30am On Jun 12, 2022
Offpoint1:
grin The breath of life is simply the electricity running in you as an advanced AI.
Ruach, aka wind or breath of God is the life force, breathed into Adam's nostril that spurred Adam, a non living soul into life, thus turn into and become a living soul.

Offpoint1:
Your computer comes to life when it's connected a power source' electricity'. The electricity has no consciousness... But the computer does, the computer can't simply operate without the electricity.
Once power is interrupted, the electricity returns to the main power source... Every activities was conducted by the computer, it's illogical to think the electricity will face punishment instead of the computer.

The electricity is conscious-less but gives consciousness...

I hope you get the point.... grin
You're still far way, way, behind in not understanding clearly, that electricity neither was and isnt created in the image of the Godhead, or according to the likeness of the Godhead.

The soul, which really and essentially is you, is what you are, and you will continue to remain conscious, whether in the land of the living or when in the realm of the dead.

How far you will remain conscious till, depends on where your final destination is going to be. One destination is eternal damnation and destruction while the other is eternal life and blissfulness. I hope you get the point.... grin

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Krismas(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2022
Pathfinder2090:
The Hebrew word for Hell in the Bible means “Sheol”
Sheol is a state of rest, unconsciousness, sleep, not some burning place of torture.

grin Sheol is a PLACE OF ACTIVITY
Never an unconscious place.
Gen 37:35 “And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him, but he refused to be comforted, and said, For I will go down to my son into Sheol mourning. Thus his father wept for him.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭37:35‬ ‭DARBY‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/478/gen.37.35.DARBY

1 Like

Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by seunmsg(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2022
Mumu shepples still believe there is hell and heaven. Get it into your thick skulls dude, there is no hell or heaven anywhere. Once you die, that’s the end of your life. Nobody is burning anywhere after death or flexing forever in heaven. It all fvcking ends here on earth.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Ibomrep(m): 10:38am On Jun 12, 2022
The death knows nothing at all. They are unconscious, can't feel pains.

Ecclessiates 9:5,9,10
Psalms 88:10
Psalms 115:17
Psalms 146:4
Isaiah 38:18
John 11:11

Is there any hope for our love ones that died?
Will we ever see them again?
Where will billions of resurrected people live - in Heavens or on Earth?
Will sufferings, death,pains, war, corruption, hatred ever end?

You can read more about this and many more on www.jw.org
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Krismas(m): 10:40am On Jun 12, 2022
anonymuz:
common grave of mankind. HADES or SHEOL
grin Mankind has NO COMMON GRAVE grin
That phrase is a meaningless one invented by spiritual conmen
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2022
gideonjeta:

Yes it is true! Bible verses are cited/quoted in the write-up to support this.
That's not what I asked you. Here is it again...

Can you put your head in the table that this truth you are saying is the absolute truth....and that we should chop it off your body should we find a slight error in your analysis?

If you are sure, we can arrange it. You will sign a document that if your analysis is wrong...or if you cannot proof it that your position is the truth after being checked...your head should be chopped off.

If you are sure this analysis of your is absolutely right, I dear you to put your head on the table. Guy, I will be the one to chop it off with an axe. Can you?
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by ciro11(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2022
redcliff:

The soul never dies! Humans have a soul, spirit and body, just as scientist call it, mind, body and soul. That soul is what will burn in hell. The bible refers to that process as death because there is nothing about it that shows you are alive. Stop trying to translate the bible literally otherwise, you will be lost

what is the soul?
is the soul physical that it could feel pain and torture from the heat of a fire?

If the soul is actually spiritual why does the bible say in Ezekiel 18:4 that the soul that is sinning will die?
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by absoluteSuccess: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2022
enilove:

Your flesh will decay but the soul will burn in hell for eternity :

Psalm 9:17 KJV
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Why spares the flesh and torment the soul? Is the soul the worst criminal?
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by redcliff: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2022
ciro11:

what is the soul?
is the soul physical that it could feel pain and torture from the heat of a fire?

What makes people die? its that the soul has left the body. the soul is the essence of your being, its what makes you you. so when you die you are still you but no longer in the physical form. You are in that form that will make you feel the heat of a fire that is also not in a physical form.

1 Like

Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by absoluteSuccess: 10:45am On Jun 12, 2022
ciro11:

what is the soul?

WOW, people really reasons alike a thousand times without meeting each other.

1 Like

Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by gideonjeta(m): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

That's not what I asked you. Here is it again...

Can you put your head in the table that this truth you are saying is the absolute truth....and that we should chop it off your body should we find a slight error in your analysis?

If you are sure, we can arrange it. You will sign a document that if your analysis is wrong...or if you cannot proof it that your position is the truth after being checked...your head should be chopped off.

If you are sure this analysis of your is absolutely right, I dear you to put your head on the table. Guy, I will be the one to chop it off with an axe. Can you?

I have cited/quoted Bible verses supporting the view that Bad people do not literally burn in hell but are destroyed, if totally unrepentant of their wrongdoings. If you have a contrary view, you can quote or cite Bible verses. It's a discussion.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Jones4190(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2022
every souls will test hell, even Jesus goes to hell before he resurrect, When Jesus Christ died on the cross, He descended into hell. In Acts 2, Peter is speaking, verse 31, " . . . seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in HELL"
When Jesus Christ died His soul went into hell.
And in Matthew 12:40, Jesus Christ says: "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "
The Bible is clear — Hell is inside the earth!
Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus: "Now that He ascended, what is it but that He also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Hell simply means "GRAVE" and after the destruction of Satan, demons and all evildoers DEATH and HELL (GRAVE) will no longer exist! Revelations 20:14; 21:3-4 smiley
WE WILL NOT SAY MUCH BUT GO READ matthew 25:41, mark 9:44-49. THEN U REGAIN YOUR SENCE.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by absoluteSuccess: 10:52am On Jun 12, 2022
redcliff:

What makes people die? its that the soul has left the body. the soul is the essence of your being, its what makes you you. so when you die you are still you but no longer in the physical form. You are in that form that will make you feel the heat of a fire that is also not in a physical form.

In the beginning, God breath upon the man and he became a living soul. In the end, the man breathe the last and becomes a dead soul.

You are in one piece, not in different places at the same time, you are sane that's why your brain is working.

Conscious=being=soul.

Unconscious=Dead=resurrection: judgement/second dead/eternity.

Hell/rapture: indoctrination.

Resurrection is the repeat of God's breath on the earth. Rapture is the adoption of platonic philosophy into Christianity by the early church fathers to make Christianity "philosophy compliant".

Do your own research.

2 Likes

Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by thundafire: 10:53am On Jun 12, 2022
Not all who call me Lord will enter heaven many will say,I did miracles in your name and I will reply I don't know you flee from me all you iniquities.

Understand this and know peace
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Image123(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2022
CAPSLOCKED:
YEAH BAD PEOPLE WILL SURELY BURN IN HELL.
BUT GOOD PEOPLE (WHATEVER THAT MEANS) WILL NOT BE SPARED.

IF YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN YOU'RE GOING TO THE BUDDHIST HELL, AND A MUSLIM IS GOING TO THE SCIENTOLOGY HELL.

OVER 5000 VERSIONS OF HELL AND THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN ESCAPE ONE OF THEM IS BY PRACTISING THOSE 5000 RELIGIONS, WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE. SO WE'RE ALL GOING TO HELL! BRACE YOURSELVES!

Delusions of grandeur. The fact is not many religions talk about a hell or after life punishment for people who are not their religion or anyone. Stop blowing your ignorance like a balloon.
Re: Will Bad People Burn In Hell? by Krismas(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2022
Ibomrep:
The death knows nothing at all. They are unconscious, can't feel pains.

Ecclessiates 9:5,9,10
Psalms 88:10
Psalms 115:17
Psalms 146:4
Isaiah 38:18
John 11:11

Is there any hope for our love ones that died?
Will we ever see them again?
Where will billions of resurrected people live - in Heavens or on Earth?
Will sufferings, death,pains, war, corruption, hatred ever end?

You can read more about this and many more on www.jw.org

grin Lies
Matt 17:1-3
1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him
grin Moses and Elijah though dead yet speak
Abel though dead still speak. The dead can therefore speak and feel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Divorce Or Separation? / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.