Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (84809 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by StarRise: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2011
@coogar,
At the end of the day,they lost.Playing well never shows up in the stats,and was never of any coonsequence.3points matter.I still wont write them off;but i think City are the side we should be worried about.
By the way,I think i did give them some credit.Or you missed it?First thing I did.Read it all over.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2011
StarRise:

@coogar,
At the end of the day,they lost.Playing well never shows up in the stats,and was never of any coonsequence.3points matter.I still wont write them off;but i think City are the side we should be worried about.
By the way,I think i did give them some credit.Or you missed it?First thing I did.Read it all over.

city drew 2-2 at fulham. . . .i am not worried about city.

if villas-boas maintain this same team and they gel quickly, chelsea might finish ahead of man city - mark my words!
i saw a different chelsea side today. . . . .they were creating chances after chances. . . although game was like basket ball, end to end but you still have to admire mata tonight at times. he was really good value for money!

can't wait for the corresponding fixture at stamford bridge.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2011
Maximum 15 points from 5 games. 24 goals scored against 4 conceded, even with our "leaking basket no.1 goalie" (according to d pundits and united fans of little faith) and 3 of our first choice defenders out injured. Top of d table by 2 points and a decent goal difference.

I won't be criticizing or nitpicking any of d players or performances yet (even though there is still plenty of room for improvement). Just a huge well done to them for a flying start to d season, every last one of them.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2011
montelik:

Maximum 15 points from 5 games. 24 goals scored against 4 conceded, even with our "leaking basket no.1 goalie" (according to d pundits and united fans of little faith) and 3 of our first choice defenders out injured. Top of d table by 2 points and a decent goal difference.

I won't be criticizing or nitpicking any of d players or performances yet (even though there is still plenty of room for improvement). Just a huge well done to them for a flying start to d season, every last one of them.

phil jones, ashley young and de gea have been magnificent this season - i cannot ask for more. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by tkb417(m): 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2011
Chelsea played very well but Man U deserved the 3 points

i hope Hernandez isnt gonna be out for long

Cole should have been sent off and a penalty should have been given - silly refereeing

United still the team to catch in England

De Gea was excellent

Jones is a beast

Nani  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Monster!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2011
i've never doubted bMata's quality,but i think he needed sharp instinctive strikers.Torres' confidence will be shot to oieces after tonight.That leaves Sturridge but Villas-Boas prefers him out wide.
Fellows like Malouda,Lampard dont seem to have anything more to give.
Yeah they played well,but so did we.Nani,Rooney,Young and Hernandez prized them apart with their running.
The game was open and free-flowing,something you don't associate with Chelsea normally,up until Ashley Young reminded us about how dirty he is.
For that,I give Chelsea tonnes of credit.Can they adapt and play like that all season?Remains to be seen.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2011
Also, thank God Chicarito's leg wasn't broken. I missed d initial tackle but when I saw d replay I was totally sure he did break it  shocked. Thank you God, it would have been too sad for him to be out of action at this great moment in his career.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by tkb417(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2011
montelik:

Also, thank God Chicarito's leg wasn't broken. I missed d initial tackle but when I saw d replay I was totally sure he did broken it  shocked. Thank you God, it would have been too sad for him to be out of action at this great moment in his career.
Cole is a mrafcking Arrow
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2011
Good game. We were abit fortunate but,you make your own luck in this world.I thought Chelsea played better but by sheer force of will,scored the important goals. Our defenders are good players but we didn't defend well at all today.
Still need Ferdinand and Vidic. What upset me the most was Cole nearly breaking Hernandez's leg. angry

I really wanted Berba to score that goal but Rooney's pass was poor.

Can't stop laughing about Torres's miss. grin grin

Onwards and upwards,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by kaypumpin2(m): 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2011
StarBoard:

i've never doubted bMata's quality,but i think he needed sharp instinctive strikers.Torres' confidence will be shot to oieces after tonight.That leaves Sturridge but Villas-Boas prefers him out wide.
Fellows like Malouda,Lampard dont seem to have anything more to give.
Yeah they played well,but so did we.Nani,Rooney,Young and Hernandez prized them apart with their running.
The game was open and free-flowing,something you don't associate with Chelsea normally,up until Ashley Young reminded us about how dirty he is.
For that,I give Chelsea tonnes of credit.Can they adapt and play like that all season?Remains to be seen.

With Boash's introduction of the high line defence,and with players like Terry in the fray,Chelsea will be diced and cut open easily this season by any decent team.To make it worse,he'd play Lampard and deployed Miereles wrongfully in the middle.The match could have ended 10-5 had Torress not extended his luck(or lack of it) to the players in red.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by nateevs(m): 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2011
How good were United today? Gosh breath taking football.

Like I said on our thread, I was not expecting anything better than a draw.
Chelsea, like United in Jose's time here, are rebuilding.
It's a bit too early in the season to meet United.

I knew we would be punished with the high line.
The good thing though is that we are at least working towards improving.
This is the first time I have seen Chelsea in maybe about 10years playing open football at OT.

We will improve. I just hope our owner doesn't get excited in the balls again and truncates the process.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2011
nateevs:

The good thing though is that we are at least working towards improving.
This is the first time I have seen Chelsea in maybe about 10years playing open football at OT.

And that is what proves AVB learned nothing from the defeats Utd has been handing out thus far this season. I trust Mancini - he'd have locked up shop and played negative for as long as possible. It is utter folly to firstly acknowledge Utd's massive superiority (at this point) and still go gung-ho at them.

Luckily for you Rooney was thinking about how many grannies he can shag in Leeds during the CC game that he didn't focus on scoring goals. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2011
Yeah,I was ver surprised how open Chelsea were. Playing mereiles as the DM was a joke.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by nateevs(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
debosky:

And that is what proves AVB learned nothing from the defeats Utd has been handing out thus far this season. I trust Mancini - he'd have locked up shop and played negative for as long as possible. It is utter folly to firstly acknowledge Utd's massive superiority (at this point) and still go gung-ho at them.

Luckily for you Rooney was thinking about how many grannies he can sleep with in Leeds during the CC game that he didn't focus on scoring goals. grin grin

One could think you guys lost 2-1 to United. Your punditry is of immense value bro.
What do you think Wenger learnt about United in donkey years of perennial weeping?

Go fix ya problems. You guys are 17th on the table, playing Bolton and Spurs next.
I for one will be happy seeing you guys battling for points with the likes of Wolves.
It will tell us what seasoned mangers like Wenger has learnt from United.  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2011
debosky:

locking shop or not, united would score.
mancini had that opportunity @ wembley. he led 2-0 at half time, tried to lock shop and he ended up conceding 3 goals.

Luckily for you Rooney was thinking about how many grannies he can sleep with in Leeds during the CC game that he didn't focus on scoring goals. grin grin

chelsea had a go!!! they lost!!!
better than locking up shop and still losing. tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 9:19pm On Sep 18, 2011
nateevs:

One could think you guys lost 2-1 to United. Your punditry is of immense value bro.
What do you think Wenger learnt about United in donkey years of perennial weeping?

At least we have won the title at OT - something Chelski can never achieve. cheesy

Besides, after Arsenal got beaten that well, an intelligent coach would take precautions to avoid being turned over. Tt shows how dim AVB is that he couldn't see that his bunch of geriatrics sprinkled with a few neophytes would be unable to match United. Only after going down 3 zip did he realise that changes were needed.

As for punditry, we have seen a high quality example of yours tonight - claiming Cashley made Nani look good. We might as well say that Spurs, Arsenal, Bolton and West Brom all came together to make Rooney look good too. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2011
coogar:

locking shop or not, united would score.
mancini had that opportunity @ wembley. he led 2-0 at half time, tried to lock shop and he ended up conceding 3 goals.

Mancini kept playing - he didn't lock up shop at Wembley. If he had brought on his usual 2 DMs and set up the defences, they would've neutralised Utd's midfield, or at least severely diminished their potency.

chelsea had a go!!! they lost!!!
better than locking up shop and still losing. tongue tongue

Facetious deception at its best. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2011
debosky:

Mancini kept playing - he didn't lock up shop at Wembley. If he had brought on his usual 2 DMs and set up the defences, they would've neutralised Utd's midfield, or at least severely diminished their potency.

see contradictions!
you said if it was mancini, he woulda closed shop - now you are saying mancini kept playing at wembley
which is really which?

truth is, you can park a bus all day long but this united team with ashley young and nani stretch the play.
it's like being pulled in 2 different directions. one cross-field pass and you are constantly under attack. united would score no matter what. not too many teams can defend for 90 mins at old trafford and get away with it. man city will not do that again after the stacks of £££ spent and villas-boas wouldn't do that as well.

Facetious deception at its best. cheesy

every media site has lauded chelsea's performance.
on another day, it could have been any scoreline. 6-6 or 12-10.

by the way, where are arsenal currently on the table?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2011

Hernandez should have thanksgiving service that his season isn't over.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2011
coogar:

see contradictions!
you said if it was mancini, he woulda closed shop - now you are saying mancini kept playing at wembley
which is really which?

Read posts in context - if Mancini felt his team was not ready to match Utd, he'd go ultra conservative and lock up shop. At Wembley he believed he could match United. AVB knew his team couldn't match Utd, yet went ahead like lambs to the slaughter. grin

truth is, you can park a bus all day long but this united team with ashley young and nani stretch the play.
it's like being pulled in 2 different directions. one cross-field pass and you are constantly under attack. united would score no matter what. not too many teams can defend for 90 mins at old trafford and get away with it. man city will not do that again after the stacks of £££ spent and villas-boas wouldn't do that as well.

AVB is 5 games into his Chelski career - no one would fault him if he parked the bus. The issue here is not stopping Utd from scoring, but damage limitation. By the time Boavista realised that is what he should do, it was already 3-0. Even Spurs did not go down 3-0 at half time against United.

every media site has lauded chelsea's performance.
on another day, it could have been any scoreline. 6-6 or 12-10.

Tell AVB to take media praise and stick it on the points board. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2011
Also very happy with Evra's performance today. Long time I've been able to say that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2011
Also that nani pass with the outside of the rightfoot that was miscontrolled by Hernandez. shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by bxg(m): 2:11am On Sep 19, 2011
Hernandez was piss poor ysdai is all round game is terrible, Nani my Motm smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 5:31am On Sep 19, 2011
i aint a chelsea fan buh i tink dat RAMIRES guy had a gud game . . . .He disturbed man u wella. . . eida way de better team WON . . . . .nani 4 ma man of de match{ashley cole wont 4get him in a hurry} . . . . .valencia tried at RB too . . . Jones great performance , de gea too , evans was on point {nyc assist 4 2nd goal} . . . . . chelsea had more possession buh dats de difference between a GOOD team and a GREAT team . . . .a great team takes its chances . . . . . GGMU
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 6:04am On Sep 19, 2011
we thank GOD 4 torres oo . . . . .LOL

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by nateevs(m): 8:33am On Sep 19, 2011
debosky:

Tell AVB to take media praise and stick it on the points board. grin

How you make statements about points boards at this point in time beats my imagination. Have you got no shame at all?

I even saw you make suggestions about intelligent coaching. Do you think Wenger was excused of applying intelligence when he went to OT without being conservative knowing fully well his team could not match United and conceded 8 goals?

You are complaining about a manager who is very early in his career - almost half the age of Wenger by the way - and in his first game against United in the PL. BS at best. Even Fergie with all his years of experience came to SB with an inferior team and decided not to go conservative and got spanked 3-0. . . Is that to say Fergie is not intelligent?

You are a disgrace. Bolton, Tottenham, Sunderland, Stoke and Chelsea next up. Let's see how much intelligent coaching you have in the next five games.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2011
Not confident about Johnny Evans.
I read on a response to a blog that he is apparently United's weakest link defensively.
I agree.
Passes kept catching him out yesterday.
Dude needs to improve,seriously.
I'm not sure he can keep up,but I guess with Smalling out injured he'll find a way to keep his place in the side.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2011
StarBoard:

Not confident about Johnny Evans.
I read on a response to a blog that he is apparently United's weakest link defensively.
I agree.
Passes kept catching him out yesterday.
Dude needs to improve,seriously.
I'm not sure he can keep up,but I guess with Smalling out injured he'll find a way to keep his place in the side.

he was the culprit last night. . . .he should have tracked torres' run for chelsea's goal. . . .he just stood like a statue.
the chance torres missed was also his fault.

fergie's selection is baffling, smalling and phil jones should be the centre-backs with fabio on the right and chief evra on the left.
evra was also guilty of some abysmal positioning last night. he kept drifting inwards instead of staying with sturridge. he was caught out like 5 times - making the same mistakes of leaving his position.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 11:52am On Sep 19, 2011
nateevs:

How you make statements about points boards at this point in time beats my imagination. Have you got no shame at all?

Because of a mere 5 point gap with Chelski? No shame at all if that's the case - it was a larger gap at this point last season.

I even saw you make suggestions about intelligent coaching. Do you think Wenger was excused of applying intelligence when he went to OT without being conservative knowing fully well his team could not match United and conceded 8 goals?

It is inestimably foolish to go to OT in the manner AVB did, AFTER seeing what happened to Arsenal and knowing that Utd is in clearly better form. Get it now?

You are complaining about a manager who is very early in his career - almost half the age of Wenger by the way - and in his first game against United in the PL. BS at best. Even Fergie with all his years of experience came to SB with an inferior team and decided not to go conservative and got spanked 3-0. . . Is that to say Fergie is not intelligent?

I thunk AVB was the best thing to hit footie management since the chalkboard was invented, so why compare him to a lowly Wenger who is just a Frenchie with an economics degree? cheesy

Stop comparing apples and oranges - if Chelski had flogged Arsenal 8-2 a few weeks before Fergie headed to SB with such a team, then he would have exhibited foolishness on that occasion. Clearly Chelski hadn't done that in the weeks preceding Utd's visit so there is no comparison.

You are a disgrace. Bolton, Tottenham, Sunderland, Stoke and Chelsea next up. Let's see how much intelligent coaching you have in the next five games.

Unlike you I have not staked my personal integrity on a coach's intelligence. You on the other hand have your head so far up AVB's arse that you know when he's ready to defecate even before he does. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 11:53am On Sep 19, 2011
coogar:

fergie's selection is baffling, smalling and phil jones should be the centre-backs with fabio on the right and chief evra on the left.
evra was also guilty of some abysmal positioning last night. he kept drifting inwards instead of staying with sturridge. he was caught out like 5 times - making the same mistakes of leaving his position.

Agree completely - if it was a striker with some sense not a show off wannabe striker like Sturridge, Utd would have conceded at least one goal from that position.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2011
Evra had a pretty solid game going forward and combining with Ashley Young.
Defensively he was ok.
Just getting worried  about the injuries we're copping.Especially at the back.
Fergie's saviour is that the dudes accross the back minus Evra can adapt across the back four.That's why he can get away with his selection at the back.Also,I wonder what Carrick is still doing as a United player.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2011
StarBoard:

Evra had a pretty solid game going forward and combining with Ashley Young.
Defensively he was ok.
Just getting worried  about the injuries we're copping.Especially at the back.
Fergie's saviour is that the dudes accross the back minus Evra can adapt across the back four.That's why he can get away with his selection at the back.Also,I wonder what Carrick is still doing as a United player.

carrick did very well. . .

he did what fergie wanted(hug possession) although he offered nothing going forward as he kept on with his safety passes. berbatov did well too maintaining possession in the final third. if only rooney was brilliant with his pass, berbatov would have scored that last chance but rooney's pass was very very poor.

i don't even know who would start @ leeds. i guess we might see mickey owen, giggs, berbatov and diouf.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.