Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,365 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (84029 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2011
This game has become a little open since we took off Fletcher and Valencia. We actually look worse. Benfica could well snatch a winner.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2011
montelik:

This game has become a little open since we took off Fletcher and Valencia. We actually look worse. Benfica could well snatch a winner.

abeg, valencia should never play for man utd again until he learns how to cross early.

carrick was so disappointing today. . . .i don't think he completed a forward pass all night.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2011
Valencia is great, but he is too one-dimensional. No dynamism in him at all, but what he does, he does it very well and consistently. Carrick is off d pace, but he hasn't played at all and had a few niggling injuries, so I will be a little easier on him. But he has clearly forgotten has to pass forward effectively.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by DoubleN(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
coogar:

abeg, valencia should never play for man utd again until he learns how to cross early.

carrick was so disappointing today. . . .i don't think he completed a forward pass all night.
Carrick has been disappointing for a very long time now. I really wonder what SAF sees in Johnny Evans, Dude has caused more goals than i care to remember against UTD. If Bebe can be sold, i see no reason for holding unto to Evans.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
montelik:

Valencia is great, but he is too one-dimensional. No dynamism in him at all, but what he does, he does it very well and consistently. Carrick is off d pace, but he hasn't played at all and had a few niggling injuries, so I will be a little easier on him. But he has clearly forgotten has to pass forward effectively.

valencia is not great. . . .he can only beat defenders without pace. . .
any full-back with pace already knows the tricks valencia has up his sleeves! after 2 seasons at man utd, he should be doing better.

carrick had a poor game throughout. . .
but he was excellent last season towards the end of the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2011
That is a little untrue, as I recall Valencia really troubling Ashely Cole last season, and he has bags of pace. But I agree, you always can predict what he will do. Take d ball to his right foot and try to get to d byline and deliver. Funny enough when he does break d habit he can be deadly and surprises fullbacks.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2011
montelik:

That is a little untrue, as I recall Valencia really troubling Ashely Cole last season, and he has bags of pace. But I agree, you always can predict what he will do. Take d ball to his right foot and try to get to d byline and deliver. Funny enough when he does break d habit he can be deadly and surprises fullbacks.

ashley cole is off-the-pace these days. . . . .many wingers have destroyed him lately!
in their game against west brom, ashley cole was utterly destroyed. . . .the cole of 2004-2008 is the vintage cashley.
what you have now is a waste of flesh.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2011
Sir Alex Ferguson is not happy when asked if Anders Lindegaard has put himself in the frame to start against Chelsea: "David de Gea will play on Sunday. That was the understanding we had before the game. I don't know why you ask these questions. You are just looking for silly, little things."

Baba is clearly running out of patience with d media.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2011
montelik:

Baba is clearly running out of patience with d media.

well. . . . .if he had won, i doubt those kind of questions would come up in the little time allowed for the media to ask idiotic questions.
the only reason we did not win tonight was because alex ferguson decided to field an obtuse team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
We had to rotate d squad as d games start to come faster now with a tighter schedule. It was imperative to give Fletcher, Giggs, Valencia, Carrick, Fabio, Park minutes and shake of d rust. We were either going to make plenty of changes today or Sunday.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
montelik:

We had to rotate d squad as d games start to come faster now with a tighter schedule. It was imperative to give Fletcher, Giggs, Valencia, Carrick, Fabio, Park minutes and shake of d rust. We were either going to make plenty of changes today or Sunday.

how many changes did we make?

lindegaard, fabio, smalling, carrick, fletcher, giggs, valencia, park,
that's 8 changes. . . .as you can see the crisp passing of the last few games were lacking tonight.

how i miss those one-touch passes anderson executed against bolton.
barcelona-esque. . . .

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/passoktb.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/pass2ukq1.gif[/img]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ Coogar,

If it was De Gea in goal, he'd have found a spectacular way to catch the ball and throw into UTD's net.  grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 11:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
We best start teaching the reserves the "FCB-esque" tip-tap game too or else the outcome won't be funny oh!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2011
RuuDie:

@ Coogar,

If it was De Gea in goal, he'd have found a spectacular way to catch the ball and throw into UTD's net.  grin grin grin

de gea is statistically the safest goalie in the premier league.

RuuDie:

We best start teaching the reserves the "FCB-esque" tip-tap game too or else the outcome won't be funny oh!

anderson is the key to that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 12:12am On Sep 15, 2011
montelik:

^^ Macheda, Diouf. SAF tends to drop players completely when they are messing up.

Macheda and Diouf? grin grin Are we playing Carling Cup? cheesy
Not messing up at such, he hasn't done anything wrong . . . it's about hunger and drive.
If you are not in the starting XI, you should be working extra hard to get into the side - it's as simple as that.
Berba is miles above those 2 you mentioned.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 8:35am On Sep 15, 2011
"It is hard because of the number of strikers we have," Ferguson said. "Michael Owen is there, Federico Macheda, Mame Biram Diouf. Danny Welbeck won't be back next week but probably the week after. It is not easy."Dimitar has been training terrific. His attitude is spot on. He will get his game time as the season wears on. There is no question about that."

So much for d rumors.

Wonder which players will start Sunday.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2011
As expected it was a difficult game, probabaly the toughest group stage game and considering we needed to give minutes to some of the other players who have hardly played it was also a disjointed performance. I dont there there was much cause for alarm.

I did think Berbatov should also have got some minutes as I really dont think he's played much football this season, probably about 20mins against W.Brom in the opening match.

Anders Lindegaard impressed but I still think and agree with SAF that De Gea should still be the number one. Fletcher has lost alot of match time and he's getting the fitness back but not sharpness yet. Apart from the shaky West Brom game he's been pretty good, and i have no issues with him playing.

Carrick also needs more matches as he tends to only perform when the whole team is playing well and after playing in the team for a while. We need him now as Cleverley is out for a bit and might not have the same sharpness he had before. Only issue with Carrick is that he's a different type of midfielder to Cleverley and I think at the moment Cleverley's game suits the new look of th team more than Carrick.

The game on sunday is huge right now as Chelsea are alot more dynamic in attack when the play a trio of Mata,Torres and Sturridge.While their midfield is not as dynamic ( although Mereiles improves that aspect) midfield is still our weakest position so Im expecting alot from the strikers (Rooney, Hernandez)and the wingers (Nani,young). Chelsea are taking shape in how the want to play so we must be ready. Thankfully its at home.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ice234: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2011
united

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2011
montelik:

So much for d rumors.

Wonder which players will start Sunday.

I can't see how Berbatov can start on Sunday.
He has barely played this season so for him to start a game of that magnitude, I cant see that happening.

It will certainly be Rooney+Chicharito
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^ I am guessing you see 4-4-2. What about midfield and d back four positions.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
montelik:

---------------de gea--------------

jones----rio---smalling----evra

nani-----carrick----anderson---young

-------chicharito-----rooney--------
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dyabman(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2011
coogar:

with that you guys will be decimated! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
montelik:

4-4-2 with Carrick replacing Cleverley.
Or baba could surprise us and put Giggs in instead  grin grin

As for defence - as long as Evans doesn't start angry
With the process of elimination - it picks itself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
dyabman:

with that you guys will be decimated!  cool

if carrick and giggs could destroy chelsea last season, anderson would murder mata, meireles and mikel.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dyabman(m): 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
coogar:

if carrick and giggs could destroy chelsea last season, anderson would murder mata, meireles and mikel.

Mikel will treat Anderson and make him bite the trafford grass , Meireles will oppress frightful carrick , and in a MaTA of time you will decimated believe me , we just need to hold the ball better than you guys , gbam! game over!

0 - 2 Anelka and Mata cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
dyabman:

Mikel will treat Anderson and make him bite the trafford grass , Meireles will oppress frightful carrick , and in a MaTA of time you will decimated believe me , we just need to hold the ball better than you guys , gbam! game over!

0 - 2 Anelka and Mata cool

if we don't beat chelsea on sunday, i will give you my season ticket.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dyabman(m): 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
coogar:

if we don't beat chelsea on sunday, i will give you my season ticket.

i don't need your season ticket , i need you scrotum and i will gift it to BlueDiva to rear grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2011
dyabman:

i don't need your season ticket , i need you scrotum and i will gift it to BlueDiva to rear grin

you obnoxious swine!!!

how can chelsea even think of beating man utd at old trafford? na winch?
the pace at which united would play on sunday would blow chelsea away. . . .i hope you play those geriatric chumps. . . the only chelsea team capable of causing an upset was the chelsea team of wednesday and they will be tired. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
coogar:

Not a bad line-up, but would rather see Smalling or Fabio at rb. Jones can get a little complacent. He often allowed Petrov to put in crosses too easily at d Reebok, that could be very costly against Chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2011
montelik:

Not a bad line-up, but would rather see Smalling or Fabio at rb. Jones can get a little complacent. He often allowed Petrov to put in crosses too easily at d Reebok, that could be very costly against Chelsea.

fabio won't start on sunday. . . . . .he was very knackered last night and united would need tall big players at the back.
evra is short one already.

any of jones and smalling can do the right back position.
the main issue is who replaces cleverley. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
de gea
jones smalling rio evra

nani fletcher anderson young

rooney
hernandez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2011
jones ahead of fabio cos of jone's physicality and height for set pieces n aerial balls,plus fabio was rily worked on wednesday.
rio n smalling wit evans on d bench plus evra on d left side of defence.
anderson plus fletcher in d midfield cos fletcher is quicker than carrick,moves d ball along quicker and he is a more similar player to cleverly
to keep d anderson-cleverly combo going.
d front 4 of nani,young,rooney n chicharito picks itself

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.