Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,422 members, 7,836,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (84039 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by DoubleN(m): 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2011
This Kevin Davis is just a Useless Tout! shocked See as the maga just wan break Cleverly foot for nothing. sad. My heart really goes out to the young lad and i pray he is back on his feet sooner than later. With Carrick in the Midfield, we are definitely playing short one!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 6:09am On Sep 11, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2011
Good news, Cleverley is only out for a month. Bad news, Carrick is back to slow us down to pedestrian pace.  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by thuao(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2011
I guess am happy with our start to this, with our noisy @ our heels. Cleverly, welbeck & vidic I wish u all quik recovery.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 7:04am On Sep 12, 2011
Wow. . . . our gem out for 4 weeks ~ so far, so good I guess; team is confidently playing well. The defence is standing firm, which is key and De Gea is finally looking like a GK between the sticks.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2011
Hmm, happy about the dynamic younger players but the more experienced players need games too for when injuries inevitably start to cripple the team. Would like a little bit of rotation for the Benfica match not much though as this will be a tough game but Im very weary about Chelsea at the weekend.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^ we go treat dia 4k ups joor
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
RuuDie:

Wow. . . . our gem out for 4 weeks ~ so far, so good I guess; team is confidently playing well. The defence is standing firm, which is key and De Gea is finally looking like a GK between the sticks.

so de gea is starting to look like a goalkeeper?
what was he before? a defender? he conceded the same kind of goals edwin van der sar conceded while here. . . .but let's blame de gea for the hurricanes and the earth quakes, . . .

Double N:

This Kevin Davis is just a Useless Tout! shocked See as the maga just wan break Cleverly foot for nothing. sad. My heart really goes out to the young lad and i pray he is back on his feet sooner than later. With Carrick in the Midfield, we are definitely playing short one!!

football is a physical game. . . . . no complaints from me.
johnny evans crippled their player last season too. . . . .tit for tat.

Mr_TA:

Hmm, happy about the dynamic younger players but the more experienced players need games too for when injuries inevitably start to cripple the team. Would like a little bit of rotation for the Benfica match not much though as this will be a tough game but Im very weary about Chelsea at the weekend.

happy now?
i thought you said jones, young and smalling aren't the kind of players united should be buying.
like i keep saying, the squad is good enough to walk the league. . . . .my fear is in the advanced stages of the european games.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mojounited(m): 3:04am On Sep 14, 2011
"Having taken on all comers for a quarter of a century, and most often prevailed, Ferguson seems to have set his unbreakable will against aging and mortality. You wouldn’t necessarily bet against him. He has already defied the laws of physics by creating what’s known as Fergie Time, a phrase now common in England that describes the elastic interval that ensues after a match or event is supposed to have ended, but which, in fact, continues. Ferguson created “Fergie Time” out of sheer force of will. His mere presence on the sideline, staring obsessively at his watch, has often caused officials to create nonexistent seconds and minutes to allow Manchester United further time in which to prevail."

Guys, I would like ya'll to go through this article; quite an insightful piece. . . http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/man-united/?hp
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2011
Yes Mr. Coogar. . . . .

@ least against Bolton he looked like a GK not a clown grin

Hope when Chelsea start peppering our goal next week, he doesn't revert back to 'Jay-Jay's shaky=shaky daddy'!

For a change, I'd love to see Berbatov get a run of games - with Rooney, Young and Nani running ahead of him at much faster pace; I doubt if his lack of pace will 'kill' our attacks, rather I feel his vision and passing ability will help create more chances for the faster forward runners!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2011
mojounited:

"Having taken on all comers for a quarter of a century, and most often prevailed, Ferguson seems to have set his unbreakable will against aging and mortality. You wouldn’t necessarily bet against him. He has already defied the laws of physics by creating what’s known as Fergie Time, a phrase now common in England that describes the elastic interval that ensues after a match or event is supposed to have ended, but which, in fact, continues. Ferguson created “Fergie Time” out of sheer force of will. His mere presence on the sideline, staring obsessively at his watch, has often caused officials to create nonexistent seconds and minutes to allow Manchester United further time in which to prevail."

Guys, I would like ya'll to go through this article; quite an insightful piece. . . http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/man-united/?hp

Pheeeeew. . . . .wish i could write like that ~ its absolutely sublime!
#Thumbs Up# to the writer
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by DoubleN(m): 11:02am On Sep 14, 2011
RuuDie:

Pheeeeew. . . . .wish i could write like that ~ its absolutely sublime!
#Thumbs Up# to the writer
My best lines in the article, “If I lose control of these multimillionaires in the Manchester United dressing room, then I’m dead,” he said. “So I never lose control. If anyone steps out of my control, they’re dead.” -SAF
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 11:07am On Sep 14, 2011
This De Gea stuff is complete and utter B.S. D boy has d most saves of any goalie in d PL this season, 2 clean sheets and has contributed to some of United's attacking opportunities and goals. Make no mistake, at this stage he is d best performing goalie in d league (at least amongst d top six). Yet some pple are insistent on labeling him "dodgy" or buying into crap about him not playing well enough. All gk make errors, even greats like Ollie Kahn and Schmeichel conceded d occasional soft goal or didn't look 100% all d time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by lalaboi(m): 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2011
C'mon Benfica!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by DoubleN(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
lalaboi:

C'mon Benfica!! grin
E be like say you want make that your 'thing' bend abi? angry.
Commot for this thread Jare! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2011
RuuDie:

Yes Mr. Coogar. . . . .

@ least against Bolton he looked like a GK not a clown  grin

he has always looked like a goalkeeper. . . .
van der sar conceded the same kind of goals de gea has conceded wearing a man utd shirt.

dzeko's goal @ community shield is the same as messi's goal in wembley.
theo walcott's goal at old trafford is the same as the drogba's goal against van der sar in last season's champions league at old trafford!

de gea will become a legend here. . . . .his distribution is first class.
look at this kick - not even van der sar was that accurate.

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/de_geabqru.gif[/img]

but, fans will also make comparisons and blame the newbie.
if we had a new manager last season that won us only 5 away league games in 19, we would be criticizing him that sir alex ferguson would never perform that woefully. . . . . .isn't it?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
Starting for Man Utd: Lindegaard, Fabio Da Silva, Evans, Smalling, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney, Park.

What does Berba have to do to get some playing time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2011
montelik:

Starting for Man Utd: Lindegaard, Fabio Da Silva, Evans, Smalling, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney, Park.

What does Berba have to do to get some playing time.

I read somewhere he's been slacking in training . . . lack of commitment shiznit.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
^^ I don't buy it. If he was, he wouldn't even be on d bench.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2011
Notably. . . . .no De Gea ~ maybe we the naysayers do have a point afterall!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2011
montelik:

^^ I don't buy it. If he was, he wouldn't even be on d bench.

That is why he's on the bench and barely had a sniff yet until he buckles up and fix up.
Who else can we rely on fom the bench? Owen?
He has to be on the bench.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2011
^^ Macheda, Diouf. SAF tends to drop players completely when they are messing up.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2011
Well. . . . . . we should thinking of sticking a second striker in there; this game is going nowhere in our favor!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
Carrick and Fletcher look badly off d pace.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2011
giggsy goal. . .

never in doubt. . . . .we looked shyte though!
sir alex gambling with the selection would cost him one day!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2011
Thank God for Giggsy

But this is not looking good sincerely. . . . .we need some support to free Rooney ~ playing him like a standing-9 is like shackling his ability!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2011
RuuDie:

Thank God for Giggsy

But this is not looking good sincerely. . . . .we need some support to free Rooney ~ playing him like a standing-9 is like shackling his ability!

don't you think lindegaard should have done better with that goal? cheesy grin

tactically, united are unbalanced.
rooney needs another striker upfront. . . .letting giggs support rooney is a tactical faux pas.

the two of them don't like to stay in the box. . . .benfica's defenders are not stretched at all so the ball kept coming back each time we attack.
giggsy's goal was nice but that's probably the only decent thing he's done all night.

giggsy's time is up.
carrick is on his way out too!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
Rooney can do it, but he needs for mobility and support from d middle. Unfortunately Valencia is useless away from d byline and Carrick and Fletcher aren't fully up to speed. If not then maybe Hernandez or Berba on and sacrifice some one.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2011
Why does Valencia never want to enter d box? undecided Just see d clean thru ball he should have tried to finish himself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by DoubleN(m): 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2011
Carrick is just a sorry excuse for a midfielder! The dude is completely useless as always.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2011
^^He is doing okay for me. Time bring on Chica, someone who can make use of Valencia's deliveries.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
montelik:

Why does Valencia never want to enter d box? undecided Just see d clean thru ball he should have tried to finish himself.

a bumbling idiotic winger if you ask me.
until he runs the ball to the bye-line, he can never cross.

he doesn't understand the importance of an early cross
valencia is so limited!

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.