Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,406 members, 7,864,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (84888 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
montelik:

After a storming start to d season, Young seems to struggling to make an impact.

i disagree. . . .

young is playing extremely well. . . . .his defensive abilities are top drawer
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2011
Quote me anywhere Ferdinand is a useless defender
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2011
dayokanu:

just like you have said torres, nani, ronaldo, rooney, etc are useless!

we have been royally robbed in this match
i cannot believe what i have been seeing in this game at all!

how that isn't a penalty decision i would never understand!
then the line assistant ruled offside? offside??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2011
Evra and Jones are being seriously troubled on d left and Fletcher has lost several yards of pace.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2011
dayokanu:

You need to be flogged publicly!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2011
Jones isn't dealing with Crouch at corners, should be Rio with his experience.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2011
See ordinary Crouch turning Ferdinand inside out.

I repeat Rio is a very useless player
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by lalaboi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2011
Not so invisible after all. . . cool Asiri yin ti tu!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2011
lalaboi:

Not so invisible after all. . . cool Asiri yin ti tu!

it's spelt invincible!

dayokanu:

See ordinary Crouch turning Ferdinand inside out.

I repeat Rio is a very useless player

rio is better than any defender in the bundesliga since 2002

montelik:

Jones isn't dealing with Crouch at corners, should be Rio with his experience.

rio cannot leave his position and follow crouch.
obviously, crouch was targeting jones deliberately!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2011
^^^
Coogar & dk!!! Lol
Sorry ooo just dey waka pass!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2011
nikkykay:

^^^
Coogar & dk!!! Lol
Sorry ooo just dey waka pass!!

sorry about what?
united are on top of the league - arsenal are not even in the top 10!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by lalaboi(m): 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2011
coogar:

it's spelt invincible!

Why u so madt? Its just 2 points . . . grin

All tis vexing! sef!. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
lalaboi:

Why u so madt? Its just 2 points . . . grin
All tis vexing! sef!. .

just correcting you - i am not vexing!
you are too old to be typing that kinda nonsense! grin

RuuDie:

shocked shocked shocked
How was that not a PK and sending off!!?

foreigner vs english player - what do you expect?
if the referee blows for penalty then he must send off jonathan woodgate(english player). . . .it's not going to happen.
if that was wayne rooney, there's no doubt - the referee would have given a pen!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2011
^^ Disagree, it was cos it was in d opening minutes. Had that happened 30 mins in, he would have pointed to d spot even it was d much detested Nani that went down.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2011
D injuries are starting to pile up. Rooney, Evans and now Hernandez.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2011
montelik:

^^ Disagree, it was cos it was in d opening minutes. Had that happened 30 mins in, he would have pointed to d spot even it was d much detested Nani that went down.

nothing to do with opening minutes.
if that was rooney being fouled behind by whoever - it would be a penalty and a red card for woodgate! no question about it!!!

we played well considering the circumstances, injuries and the dodgy decisions.
what irked me the most was fergie leaving owen on and taking berbatov off!

owen did nothing throughout!

montelik:

D injuries are starting to pile up. Rooney, Evans and now Hernandez.

hernandez has a dead leg - he can play next weekend
rooney was defly preserved for the midweek game
cleverley is fit again
evans is well, evans!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2011
Rio is absolutely useless. No Vidic to cover up for him today, Was he expecting Jones to cover up for his brain farts also?

Ordinary peter Crouch?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2011
coogar:

nothing to do with opening minutes.
if that was rooney being fouled behind by whoever - it would be a penalty and a red card for woodgate! no question about it!!!

we played well considering the circumstances, injuries and the dodgy decisions.
what irked me the most was fergie leaving owen on and taking berbatov off!

owen did nothing throughout!

hernandez has a dead leg - he can play next weekend
rooney was defly preserved for the midweek game
cleverley is fit again
evans is well, evans!

Tom C fit already, where did you here that?

Anyway, i.m.h.o Owen is not suited to these type of games. For me both him and Berba were poor, but Berba was poorer to be honest. He may have bags of ability but he was a waste today.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2011
montelik:

Tom C fit already, where did you here that?

from fredthered!

Anyway, i.m.h.o Owen is not suited to these type of games. For me both him and Berba were poor, but Berba was poorer to be honest. He may have bags of ability but he was a waste today.

berbatov was very good throughout the game. he held possession in the final third but as soon as the ball gets to owen, possession is lost.
i cannot wait for the chalk board to show their pass completion - i am sure it would be shocking.

how many times did the wingers flash the ball across the box with owen getting nowhere to score from the crosses?
welbeck should have been brought in when hernandez left, owen in an away match against a physical stoke side is a massive error!

that said, that was the worst refereeing performance i have seen in 100 yrs of football.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2011
Berba was not a threat which is the main issue. Even if Owen is useless you know he can be a threat and make intelligent forward runs like the one that opened space for Nani's opener.

It was always going to be a tough match. So the point isnt the worse in the world all things considered.

Injuries are definitely piling up now though.

Rafael
Vidic
Smalling
Evans
Cleverley
Rooney
Hernandez.

Just really annoying.

We march on, cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2011
seems the Owen lovefest is over?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2011
the truth lies between michael owen being a useless striker and michael owen not suited to such a physical game.

let's be honest - what was ferguson expecting? owen versus shawcross/woodgate? it's a no brainer!
in my opinion, welbeck or macheda or mame would have given the stoke centre-backs more problems.
owen did not hold the ball, and when he held it, he was easily dispossessed.

i love stoke fc - i cannot really blame the way they play - they must survive in the premier league.
it's the match officials that one should blame for allowing some of their gamesmanship.
anyways, 2 points dropped - no problems.

on to the next one. . . .

p.s. i will never forgive ryan giggs!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2011
coogar ----> BuffoBill
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2011
Looking like possibly a couple of weeks out for Rooney. angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2011
mbulela:

coogar ----> BuffoBill

Mr_TA:

Looking like possibly a couple of weeks out for Rooney. angry

that's not bad!
we should be fine. hernandez has a dead leg! i dunno how long that would take.
the young mexican has been battered in the last few games - our rivals won't let him settle!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2011
Dropping points at Brittanica is really a non issue for me.
I think we should be move appreciative of how Stoke 'gagged' us than how poor our players where.
There were just no spaces to hit the passes thru and they closed us down fast enough and their physical play.

Who's next? The roll must continue. There's no stopping us.
The losses and the draws will eventually come. When is what we can't say
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
Emperoh:

Dropping points at Brittanica is really a non issue for me.
I think we should be move appreciative of how Stoke 'gagged' us than how poor our players where.
There were just no spaces to hit the passes thru and they closed us down fast enough and their physical play.
Who's next? The roll must continue. There's no stopping us.
The losses and the draws will eventually come. When is what we can't say

i have to say - that is our best performance at the britannia since stoke got promoted!

we played really well. the decisions were dodgy and we missed some chances too.
nani missed an open net in the first half - giggs missed a sitter at the death.
we had 3 good penalty shouts - none was given!

not too many teams would have joy at the britannia
this is why messi won't do it there on a wet tuesday night. grin
we keep marching on! who's next?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 2:09am On Sep 25, 2011
Why would Fergie play Owen against a team like Stoke especially away from home. WTF?
Owen should only be a playing at OT against teams like Wigan and Norwich.

What was Fergie thinking? Just because he scored a brace against Leeds in midweek?
We played with 10 men for most of the game cos Owen was non existent.

Nevertheless that was a good draw. . . could have gone either way.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 4:48am On Sep 25, 2011
Rooney is out for a couple of weeks. . . .!? Good, at least that guarantees Berbatov some playing time ~ can't wait for him to hit the goalscoring streak again grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by IYANGBALI: 10:37am On Sep 25, 2011
just because we dropped two points some bad belle people are already celebrating as if they have won the EPL for the season,i pity you guys,you ain,t seen nothing,MAN U is winning the EPL for this season and seasons to come, if you are not down with that GO FOK YOURSELF tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

U N I T E D T I L L I D I E tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2011
Reina flapped at more than a few crosses against Wolves yesterday, after also conceding 3 against Spurs last week. Yet no question marks being raised on him. Other goalies around d PL are flapping at crosses, failing to grasp shots, letting shots through their legs or failing to produce d stellar reaction saves De Gea is making every weekend. Yet d De Gea doubters keep going out of their way to dismiss or diminish his stellar performances and over-exaggerate any real or imagined flaws. D guy had a better debut than most goalies ever manage at d Britannia and yet they still persist with d nitpicking. "He didn't convincingly deal with crosses", imagine some even trying to find fault with his save from Walters low shot. Even d Big Dane in his prime wouldn't have it all his own way at Stoke.

This wouldn't be so pathetic if not for d fact that at this stage, he is easily d best performing goalie in PL by some distance. Considering this is his first time playing in England, and at 20 he is significantly younger than his older more experience colleagues, it gets even more ridiculous.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2011
^^^^
This is all about the media trying to find fault with the Man u thing.
Joe Hart makes mistake every other day same as David James when he was at Pompey and Spurs.
They can say all they want but it still remains; De Gea is a class act!!!

See as them dey hype Phil Jones. . . . .i am watching to see their comments when he flops
at some point!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.