Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (83372 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
coogar:

he's a young player. . . .from the 3rd division in portugal to the biggest club in the world and back in turkey within 12 months must be tough on him.
then he copped a debilitating injury that will keep his arse firmly seated on the couch for six months. . . . .this is so unfortunate.

bebe is a slave that became king but even for kings. . . . .the challenge might be too steep for him to cope with.

Have some courage my man. . . .this is nothing compared to slumming it in Lisbon or fighting for life. King Bebe will rise again!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2011
debosky:

Have some courage my man. . . .this is nothing compared to slumming it in Lisbon or fighting for life. King Bebe will rise again!!

sharrap. . . . .bebe was signed by a top division club before united came for him(it's just that he hadn't actually played for the new club). his life was on the mend before queiroz saw him in the pre-season of last year. . . .

i have no doubt bebe will rule europe one day.
he's destined to shine. i hope he gets back by march to help his club claim the europa cup. who knows - they might be facing arsenal then. grin
come on udinese!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^ You mean Arsenal Kiev? cheesy

I do agree though - King Bebe will rule Europe one day without a doubt!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
Seems we're no longer signing Wesley Sneijder. Im happy and sad at the same time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 5:44am On Aug 12, 2011
Mr_TA:

Seems we're no longer signing Wesley Sneijder. Im happy and sad at the same time.

This Sneijder thing is beginning to get as annoying as the Cesc-FCB romance!

angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 8:55am On Aug 12, 2011
Manchester United have said they do not expect Wesley Sneijder to join the club from Internazionale before the end of the transfer window. Although the Premier League champions did not want to go on the record, the official stance from Old Trafford is that the deal is not going to happen. The information comes from boardroom level, with the chief executive, David Gill, giving his approval for it to be known that United are not actively trying to sign the Dutchman.

i couldn't be any happier.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by DoubleN(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2011
mbulela:

Manchester United have said they do not expect Wesley Sneijder to join the club from Internazionale before the end of the transfer window. Although the Premier League champions did not want to go on the record, the official stance from Old Trafford is that the deal is not going to happen. The information comes from boardroom level, with the chief executive, David Gill, giving his approval for it to be known that United are not actively trying to sign the Dutchman.

I pray the deal doesn't go through! He is not what we need right now especially with his liabilities. SAF should focus on improving the fitness level of Anderson and give Cleverly more chances to shine.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2011
mbulela:

Tomorrow. we'll hear a different tune ~ thats the exasperating thing!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2011
The season should just start abeg. All these transfer saga is getting boring and annoying now.
Can't wait for tomorrow.
Let the games begin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2011
Premier League - West Brom offer Hargreaves contract
Fri, 12 Aug 10:09:00 2011

Hargreaves, released by Manchester United, is eager to play again at the highest club level and went as far as to demonstrate his fitness by releasing videos of himself in training at the start of the summer.

He has held talks with West Brom, and has convinced the club he is fit and able to play again to the extent where they have made him an offer.

But Baggies manager Hodgson does not know whether joining his squad appeals to the former England player, who may have other options to consider.

Hodgson said: "When I left at 6pm on Tuesday, Owen was just about to leave at the same time. And we made it clear: 'Look, we've done the test, we agree with you, and your man Alex, that the knee's okay and you can play football. And of course if you'd like to come and play for us that would be lovely.'

"But whether or not our offer is going to be interesting to him, that's what I don't know. He was looked at by our doctor, Mark Gillett, who was at Chelsea, who's quite an eminent person in his field

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12082011/58/premier-league-west-brom-offer-hargreaves-contract.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2011
chamotex:

The season should just start abeg. All these transfer saga is getting boring and annoying now.
Can't wait for tomorrow.
Let the games begin

the league must not start until sneijder decides to play for us.
i keep hearing inter have agreed to sell but personal terms are yet to be agreed by sneijder and man utd. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
To be honest for 38 million pounds and a reported 220k a week, I am a little skeptical about d value of signing sneijder. But d honest truth is that we need at least one midfield signing. If we go into d season with only Ando, Carrick & Fletch/Giggs as d main guys, we are taking a big gamble considering their performances and fitness from last season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2011
J.S Park just committed till 2013 ~ courtesy Eurosport!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
montelik:

To be honest for 38 million pounds and a reported 220k a week, I am a little skeptical about d value of signing sneijder. But d honest truth is that we need at least one midfield signing. If we go into d season with only Ando, Carrick & Fletch/Giggs as d main guys, we are taking a big gamble considering their performances and fitness from last season.

you pay world class fees for world class players.
if cesc is worth £35m, sneijder should be worth £50m.

and since when did man utd start haggling over prices? this is a club that generates revenue in the same band as real madrid/barcelona.
£100m revenue at the gates and yet they cannot afford sneijder or what? if we could pay £30m for berbatov in 2009 then we should pay up for wes.

sneijder should not undervalue himself cos ferguson thinks he can always manipulate players trying to join us by saying we are a big club with history and tradition - so a player must be willing to play for us.

which of us here will move into a foreign country with wages below the current wages you earn?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2011
Its ok, Sneijder can stay there in Inter we dont want.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ coogar.
Have you forgotten how d Glazers have leverage d club with debts upon debts. D gargantuan interest payments consume most of d increased revenues being generated, not to mention d prospect of uefa new financial rules. United can't just shell out dough any how without thinking long-term, especially with FFP coming into effect soon. D Glazer's aren't like d sheiks at City who will find back channels to pump in investments, neither is British governement going to provide "assistance", like d Spanish sides (Madrid) often get. 38 million pounds transfer fee and a contract worth at least 10 million pound a year, not to factor bonuses, signing on fees, agent fees, and d knock-on effect in future contract negotiations. Nani will probably be looking to double his reported 70k a week amongst others. Also Sneijder if signed will most likely have no sell on value. What ever is paid for a transfer and over duration of his contract is most likely a sunk cost. With d debt situation all these things have be considered before signing someone like Sneijder. Lets not forget d club just wrote of d financial waste that was Hargreaves.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2011
montelik:

@ coogar.
Have you forgotten how d Glazers have leverage d club with debts upon debts. D gargantuan interest payments consume most of d increased revenues being generated, not to mention d prospect of uefa new financial rules. United can't just shell out dough any how without thinking long-term, especially with FFP coming into effect soon.

ohhh, please spare me the sermon.
the glazers have paid the pik loans and the total debt as it stands today is less than £500m. . . . .with a club worth around £1.5billion, united are very healthy. if you take the wage/turnover ratio into account, united and arsenal are the healthiest in the league so uefa's financial rules are just loud barks and no bites. the big clubs won't respect it even if they default. uefa need the big clubs in their competition, not the other way round.
if man city, barcelona, real madrid and man utd opt out of champions league - it will be the death of that competition.

D Glazer's aren't like d sheiks at City who will find back channels to pump in investments, neither is British governement going to provide "assistance", like d Spanish sides (Madrid) often get. 38 million pounds transfer fee and a contract worth at least 10 million pound a year, not to factor bonuses, signing on fees, agent fees, and d knock-on effect in future contract negotiations.

this has nothing to do with the glazers. united generate their funds organically. . . . .we made more than £100m last season to finance the sneijder transfer. moreover, the wages of wes brown, hargreaves, john o'shea, scholes, neville, giggs, obertan, nick ajose and all the other players we sold should compensate for sneijder's transfer.

Nani will probably be looking to double his reported 70k a week amongst others.

when nani wins a treble, he can think of increasing his wages in the same echelon as sneijder. . . .what has rooney done for man utd to be commanding £250k a week? if we agree rooney is worth that in wages, how much should sneijder be worth per week?

it will be criminal for a player like nani to compare himself with wesley sneijder. sneijder is a world class player. apart from xavi/iniesta, i cannot think of a better midfielder that has done it at the highest level. . . . .putting his team on his shoulders and performing wonders with an average team. you really need to watch 2010 world cup game again or the champions league battle against barcelona. . . .it was sneijder all the way punishing teams like chelsea, bayern, etc to win the treble.

Also Sneijder if signed will most likely have no sell on value. What ever is paid for a transfer and over duration of his contract is most likely a sunk cost. With d debt situation all these things have be considered before signing someone like Sneijder. Lets not forget d club just wrote of d financial waste that was Hargreaves.

no sell-on value? except we didn't consider that when we bought berbatov in 2009 at the same age for £30 million. rio(£30m) as at 2002 and you are talking about no sell on value. what if sneijder decides to retire with man utd? why should sell-on value be an issue here? when did man utd turn to arsenal or sunderland - clubs who take pride in making profits in the transfer window?

see it this way, barcelona(a club with 99.9999% perfection) have just added alexi sanchez and cesc fabregas to their squad. man utd - a team aspiring to close the gap on barcelona want to persist with giggs, carrick, anderson and fletcher in the midfield? is this even feasible. getting sneijder will not even take us beyond barca, it can only reduce the gap. . . . .not getting sneijder at all would put us under in europe. of course, i agree the present team is good enough to win the premier league - but they are light years below real madrid(sahin, coentrao, altintop, varane) and barcelona.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2011
@montelik,
Relax.
This debt thing,if real,shoukda grounded and crippled us by now.
Coogar mentions United's worth.that should say it all. . .
If United are serious about closing the gap on Barcelona,Sneijder might be the way to go. . .
He is one of the best right now out there.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2011
coogar:

what has rooney done for man utd to be commanding £250k a week? if we agree rooney is worth that in wages, how much should sneijder be worth per week?

i cannot think of a better midfielder that has done it at the highest level. . . . .putting his team on his shoulders and performing wonders with an average team. you really need to watch 2010 world cup game again or the champions league battle against barcelona. . . .it was sneijder all the way punishing teams like chelsea, bayern, etc to win the treble.

no sell-on value? except we didn't consider that when we bought berbatov in 2009 at the same age for £30 million. rio(£30m) as at 2002

their is a fundamental problem with your argument.There is a school of thought that believes that Rooney mugged the club for that raise (btw,i doubt it is up to 250k) and a perception that Gill and even fergie belong to that school of thought.

secondly,Gill said it then and repeated it again recently that Berba was the last of such players (over 26) that will be signed for such huge fee.

thirdly,maybe SAF does not rate him that highly to be worth that salary including transfer fee.With our current set up,i am one of those who is not convinced that is not worth moving heaven and earth for as it does not address our current problem within the confines of our best tactical set up.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2011
StarBoard:

@montelik,
Relax.
This debt thing,if real,shoukda grounded and crippled us by now.
Coogar mentions United's worth.that should say it all. . .
If United are serious about closing the gap on Barcelona,Sneijder might be the way to go. . .
He is one of the best right now out there.

thank you. . . . .
the way the media have painted this debt issue, united should be down to their bones by now.
debt this, debt that and the club keeps ticking and paying these huge salaries even to mediocre players.

mbulela:

their is a fundamental problem with your argument.There is a school of thought that believes that Rooney mugged the club for that raise (btw,i doubt it is up to 250k) and a perception that Gill and even fergie belong to that school of thought.

whether school of thought or market of thought, united are paying rooney £250k per week. rooney is not as good as sneijder either for club achievements or country achievements. so if rooney is worth that amount, how much do you think sneijder is worth?

secondly,Gill said it then and repeated it again recently that Berba was the last of such players (over 26) that will be signed for such huge fee.

then they should forget about trying to close the gap on barcelona in europe. nobody put a shovel in fergie's mouth when he mentioned his next mission is to close the huge gap between united and barcelona. how's he expected to achieve it without replacing scholes, hargreaves, o'shea, etc in the squad? even with them, we were outclassed - is it without them we would close the gap? gill was foolish enough to let sneijder slip through his fingers 2 yrs ago, he shouldn't mind the price now. that sneijder is now asking for £500k per week is gill's fault, not mine.

david gill must be foolish if he thinks united will not sign 26+ players. . . . . .he was the dude behind ronaldo deal, why didn't he factor sneijder and robben in the ronaldo deal in 2009? real madrid would have given david gill anything he wanted when they were lusting after ronaldo. £60 million + sneijder + robben would have sealed the ronaldo deal back then.

thirdly,maybe SAF does not rate him that highly to be worth that salary including transfer fee.With our current set up,i am one of those who is not convinced that is not worth moving heaven and earth for as it does not address our current problem within the confines of our best tactical set up.

of course, saf rates him highly. enough ex-players have all commented on the sneijder deal that he will be a perfect tool for man utd. ferguson is just using the bargaining power that no one wants sneijder to haggle the lowest price possible. if someone had told you united would spend £50 million in the transfer window without improving their central midfield, would you believe it?

yet, we added jones(panic buy), ashley young(we have giggs, nani, js park, fabio who can play in that role) and de gea(kitkat, lindegaard) but surprisingly, we left the midfield weaker than it was last season and fergie expects united to blow barcelona out of the water. fergie must be a pipe dreamer. i will wait till the 31st before i renew any of my subscription. fergie and gill can kiss my arse.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2011
coogar:

ohhh, please spare me the sermon.
the glazers have paid the pik loans and the total debt as it stands today is less than £500m. . . . .with a club worth around £1.5billion, united are very healthy. if you take the wage/turnover ratio into account, united and arsenal are the healthiest in the league so uefa's financial rules are just loud barks and no bites. the big clubs won't respect it even if they default. uefa need the big clubs in their competition, not the other way round.
if man city, barcelona, real madrid and man utd opt out of champions league - it will be the death of that competition.

Yes, but do you know how they paid off d PIK loans. They put even more even more debt on d books (granted at a lower interest rate). D debts are still there and will need to be addressed eventually. United go thru a lean spell like btwn '03 - '06 and it could require another CR7 type sale and cash injection to keep things smooth. Also United are not like other clubs, d rules will be followed. David Gill will not bank on d power of G15 to flout regulations.

this has nothing to do with the glazers. united generate their funds organically. . . . .we made more than £100m last season to finance the sneijder transfer. moreover, the wages of wes brown, hargreaves, john o'shea, scholes, neville, giggs, obertan, nick ajose and all the other players we sold should compensate for sneijder's transfer.

Giggs still dey here and we are still paying his wages. D 100m you speak off is just revenue not actual profit. Also d revenue has been used to help d signings we already made. Not to mention also balance d wage bill due to Rooney's huge package. Not to mention d improved contracts for Vidic, Evra, Park, Valencia, Smalling, and soon Hernandez. Sneidjer's 220k a week will put United significantly higher than 50% of turnover wage ratio d club pursues.

when nani wins a treble, he can think of increasing his wages in the same echelon as sneijder. . . .what has rooney done for man utd to be commanding £250k a week? if we agree rooney is worth that in wages, how much should sneijder be worth per week?

it will be criminal for a player like nani to compare himself with wesley sneijder. sneijder is a world class player. apart from xavi/iniesta, i cannot think of a better midfielder that has done it at the highest level. . . . .putting his team on his shoulders and performing wonders with an average team. you really need to watch 2010 world cup game again or the champions league battle against barcelona. . . .it was sneijder all the way punishing teams like chelsea, bayern, etc to win the treble.

Personally I agree with you. Sneijder has earned d right to call his price, and yes Rooney's wages are totally ridiculous. But my point is that by d time players like Nani sees d disparity, and with  Young also on a reported 100k. You can be sure he will want a significant pay rise about say 120k. We have moved out most off dead wood, so unless we let go off one of d slightly bigger squad players (e.g Berba, Park, Carrick) d wage bill is not going to be seeing a substantial reduction any time soon. These are part of d financial consideration that is causing d persistent "price haggling" and also why SAF slyly invited PSG to bid for Berba.

no sell-on value? except we didn't consider that when we bought berbatov in 2009 at the same age for £30 million. rio(£30m) as at 2002 and you are talking about no sell on value. what if sneijder decides to retire with man utd? why should sell-on value be an issue here? when did man utd turn to arsenal or sunderland - clubs who take pride in making profits in the transfer window?

see it this way, barcelona(a club with 99.9999% perfection) have just added alexi sanchez and cesc fabregas to their squad. man utd - a team aspiring to close the gap on barcelona want to persist with giggs, carrick, anderson and fletcher in the midfield? is this even feasible. getting sneijder will not even take us beyond barca, it can only reduce the gap. . . . .not getting sneijder at all would put us under in europe. of course, i agree the present team is good enough to win the premier league - but they are light years below real madrid(sahin, coentrao, altintop, varane) and barcelona.

Rio was 24 then not 27, also United were a debt free plc that didn't have to consider debt or interest payments. Also it is exactly cos of Berba transfer and situation that I am sure United are being skeptical of just dropping d dough for Sneidjer. It is a significant expenditure, one that has to be right and cover d clubs a** if doesn't work out. Even Inter want to remove d burden of Sneidjer's huge wages to help build their squad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2011
At the time when Madrid wanted to buy CRonaldo from us, They offered Sneijder as part of a player +cash deal but he wasnt interested in being a part of a swap deal for Ronaldo. This was reported at the time by his agent. Although SAF wasnt too keen at the time as he wanted all the money but Sneijder's agent came out to say no chance of him being a part of any player+cash deal for Ronaldo which meant there must have been something in it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2011
montelik:

Yes, but do you know how they paid off d PIK loans. They put even more even more debt on d books (granted at a lower interest rate). D debts are still there and will need to be addressed eventually. United go thru a lean spell like btwn '03 - '06 and it could require another CR7 type sale and cash injection to keep things smooth. Also United are not like other clubs, d rules will be followed. David Gill will not bank on d power of G15 to flout regulations.

the debt remaining now is the senior debt and it's red football's debt, not man utd's. the pik loans have disappeared. united made enough money last season by playing in wembley in the champions league and they won the premier league title. there's money to bankroll the sneijder deal.

Giggs still dey here and we are still paying his wages. D 100m you speak off is just revenue not actual profit. Also d revenue has been used to help d signings we already made. Not to mention also balance d wage bill due to Rooney's huge package. Not to mention d improved contracts for Vidic, Evra, Park, Valencia, Smalling, and soon Hernandez. Sneidjer's 220k a week will put United significantly higher than 50% of turnover wage ratio d club pursues.

giggs is on his last legs. he has approximately 12 months left in his career. the 100m i speak of is the revenue at the gates alone. you still have an improved tv deal, merchandise, winning bonus, etc attached to it. sneijder's 220k a week will not pinch united's wage/turnover ratio by any means. we have moved out enough dead woods to accommodate at least 3 players in the 220k/week wage bracket.

Personally I agree with you. Sneijder has earned d right to call his price, and yes Rooney's wages are totally ridiculous. But my point is that by d time players like Nani sees d disparity, and with  Young also on a reported 100k. You can be sure he will want a significant pay rise about say 120k. We have moved out most off dead wood, so unless we let go off one of d slightly bigger squad players (e.g Berba, Park, Carrick) d wage bill is not going to be seeing a substantial reduction any time soon. These are part of d financial consideration that is causing d persistent "price haggling" and also why SAF slyly invited PSG to bid for Berba.

we don't need to sell any of the bigger squad player to afford sneijder. i was reading an article last month and i found out that the wages of the deadwoods per week. wes brown(£50k), oshea(£50k), hargreaves(£75k), van der sar(£90k), neville(75k), scholes(75k) + obertan's wages which could be £5k per week and other young players we sold. . . . .in a nutshell, united saved around £420k a week selling the deadwoods.

now then, united signed phil jones(£45k), ashley young(£85k), de gea(£80k). . . . .thus paying £210k on new signings.
my math tells me united have saved £210+k in wages - the same amount of money the media have speculated united would have to pay sneijder.
the funds for sneijder's transfer is definitely available. last year's financial accounts will show £180m. of this amount only around £47m has been spent. united have around £130 million available as we speak and yet they are haggling over sneijder's fees. shame!

Rio was 24 then not 27, also United were a debt free plc that didn't have to consider debt or interest payments. Also it is exactly cos of Berba transfer and situation that I am sure United are being skeptical of just dropping d dough for Sneidjer. It is a significant expenditure, one that has to be right and cover d clubs a** if doesn't work out. Even Inter want to remove d burden of Sneidjer's huge wages to help build their squad.

this is hilarious. so you think splashing £30m on rio ferdiand wasn't a risk as at 2002? does it matter if he's 24 or 15 then? anyways, that is an aside.
what's the essence of being the most commercially successful club in europe with £100+m still in the bank and a record breaking fanbase of 330 million if we can't afford a world class midfielder known as wesley sneijder? we might as well pack up and donate old trafford to somali refugees

Mr_TA:

At the time when Madrid wanted to buy CRonaldo from us, They offered Sneijder as part of a player +cash deal but he wasnt interested in being a part of a swap deal for Ronaldo. This was reported at the time by his agent. Although SAF wasnt too keen at the time as he wanted all the money but Sneijder's agent came out to say no chance of him being a part of any player+cash deal for Ronaldo which meant there must have been something in it. 

sneijder's agent had no say then. when madrid is doing their bonanza, anything goes. the lust in their eyes for ronaldo was peerless. only last season, van der vaart went to spurs for just £8m. inter bought sneijder for just 15m euros(£10m as at 2009). sneijder and robben were pursued from real madrid. if david gill knew what value meant, he would have factored sneijder into the ronaldo deal as at 2009 and sneijer was only 25 then.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^ Red football's debts are United debt's don't think otherwise, despite d accounting presentations.

You are also forgetting that we have given greatly improved contracts to Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Smalling, Park, Valencia and soon Hernadez during this same period. Most of these guys particularly Vidic (captain), Evra and Valencia got significant pay rises as d new establishment of squad. Factor in also d likes of Welbeck and Cleverley. D wages that were cleared by sales have already been made use of in improving contracts for d existing squad, not to mention new signings.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
montelik:

^^ Red football's debt is United debts don't think otherwise, despite d accounting presentations.

red football's debt is not united's debt. they are two separate entities. red football was the vehicle used to purchase united during the take-over. but it's big news when the 2 debts are lumped together to create the much needed media sensationalism. how would the media houses sell if they don't say united owe £300 billion and the club will die next week?

You are also forgetting that we have given greatly improved contracts to Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Smalling, Park, Valencia and soon Hernadez during this same period. Most of these guys particularly Vidic (captain), Evra and Valencia got significant pay rises as d new establishment of squad. Factor in also d likes of Welbeck and Cleverley. D wages that were cleared by sales have already been made use of in improving contracts for d existing squad, not to mention new signings.

i have factored all that. united had £180 million(part of ronaldo money and other revenue generated) sitting in the bank. united have only spent less than £50 million of this. where is the remaining £130 million? what is it doing in the bank? welbeck and cleverley are home-grown players. they are not going to force wage demands. . . .until their performances on the pitch sky-rocket! the long/short story is. . . . .united are buoyant enough to afford whatever sneijder demands. . . . . .you won't convince a 5 yr old otherwise.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
D Glazer's can move d debts from Red football unto United's books any moment they want, don't let accounting procedures fool you. After all immediately after d Glazer's purchased United, they promptly moved debts from Red football straight unto United's books. Red football and United are one and d same. As for d CR cash. I honestly believe that Gill is deceiving us with d claim that d money is available simply sitting in d bank. I think best case scenario it will made available if absolutely crucial but it has been earmarked for something else if not used elsewhere. e.g paying off some of PIK that were present at d time.

Also I am not saying United can't find d money to finance d deal, I simply pointing out why d club is being cautious in regards to d financial aspects of signing Sneijder.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
montelik:

D Glazer's can move d debts from Red football unto United's books any moment they want, don't let accounting procedures fool you.

how would they explain that if they do? that's against accounting procedures, my dear friend.

After all immediately after d Glazer's purchased United, they promptly moved debts from Red football straight unto United's books. Red football and United are one and d same.

they are not the same. the glazers moved the pik loans secured against buying united into the united account and it's just £220 million then. the senior debt of £500 million is red football's debt and shall remain so. the glazers would do everything possible to keep united's sheet clean because of uefa. . . .

As for d CR cash. I honestly believe that Gill is deceiving us with d claim that d money is available simply sitting in d bank. I think best case scenario it will made available if absolutely crucial but it has been earmarked for something else if not used elsewhere. e.g paying off some of PIK that were present at d time.

well. . . . if gill deceived us then, what is to say he's not deceiving us now? either way, gill/fergie deceived us then when they told us ronaldo's cash was in the bank or[/b]they are deceiving us now we cannot afford sneijder's fees and wages. we didn't need to sign phil jones(we could have kept o'shea for another year). we didn't need to sign ashley young(we have nani and park and obertan). that's [b]£32 million squandered on what we
didn't desperately need.

Also I am not saying United can't find d money to finance d deal, I simply pointing out why d club is being cautious in regards to d financial aspects of signing Sneijder.

so why did gill tell us united have ronaldo's money sitting pretty in zenith bank?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
coogar:

whether school of thought or market of thought, united are paying rooney £250k per week. rooney is not as good as sneijder either for club achievements or country achievements. so if rooney is worth that amount, how much do you think sneijder is worth?

then they should forget about trying to close the gap on barcelona in europe. nobody put a shovel in fergie's mouth when he mentioned his next mission is to close the huge gap between united and barcelona. how's he expected to achieve it without replacing scholes, hargreaves, o'shea, etc in the squad? even with them, we were outclassed - is it without them we would close the gap? gill was foolish enough to let sneijder slip through his fingers 2 yrs ago, he shouldn't mind the price now. that sneijder is now asking for £500k per week is gill's fault, not mine.

david gill must be foolish if he thinks united will not sign 26+ players. . . . . .he was the dude behind ronaldo deal, why didn't he factor sneijder and robben in the ronaldo deal in 2009? real madrid would have given david gill anything he wanted when they were lusting after ronaldo. £60 million + sneijder + robben would have sealed the ronaldo deal back then.

of course, saf rates him highly. enough ex-players have all commented on the sneijder deal that he will be a perfect tool for man utd. ferguson is just using the bargaining power that no one wants sneijder to haggle the lowest price possible. if someone had told you united would spend £50 million in the transfer window without improving their central midfield, would you believe it?

yet, we added jones(panic buy), ashley young(we have giggs, nani, js park, fabio who can play in that role) and de gea(kitkat, lindegaard) but surprisingly, we left the midfield weaker than it was last season and fergie expects united to blow barcelona out of the water. fergie must be a pipe dreamer. i will wait till the 31st before i renew any of my subscription. fergie and gill can kiss my arse.
i agree with you that we need to strengthen the midfield but i am not convinced it must be Sneidjer or none.If Sneidjer does not work out we can look for another option either before the end of the window or next summer.being 2nd best in Europe is not a crime.
SAF rates him highly but maybe not highly enough to break the wage ceiling.

Gill did not say they will not sign 26+ players.he said they will not sign such for massive fees as they often do not have resale value and it does not fit their business model.
Rooney is not worth 250k a week.the fact that you are mugged once dos not mean you should look for muggers the next time you walk on the high street.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 12:16am On Aug 13, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by bxg(m): 2:06am On Aug 13, 2011
U all shld chek out dis video grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDBLSUKJiDY
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by tkb417(m): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2011
analysts grin

it makes footie sense to buy wesley. A marquee player, big game player etc (might hinder developments of some players tho)

Business sense? nah

even if the big clubs wanna pull outta Europe (cos they dont need UEFA), UTD wont be at the vanguard of such moves just because they failed to tidy up their books

it wont happen.

FPP is all about Buying with a healthy financial outlook. you dont post Rev of 200m and show a net loss of 6m and you say ure doing good. Even a fantasy footie Manager take into consideration his book/bank balance before rushing into the market

UTD wont fold up or be in danger to buy Wesley but definitely those running the machine at OT aint stupid and they know their job VERY WELL

and really we dont need to run like a headless chicken into the market cos we wanna replace Scholes

we shd take a cue from Dortmund. Even with the loss of Sahin, Goetze will shine

lets believe in Ando and Cleverly to step up if Fergie says no to Wesley

enuff of footie accounting abeg

Wes Brom grin

3-1 for us cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2011
Sir Alex Ferguson has said Manchester United will not go back into the transfer market before the end of the month, declaring "you can forget" the idea of Wesley Sneijder signing and masking any sense of disappointment by placing his trust in the emerging crop of young players at Old Trafford.Ferguson was asked whether United's official briefing about Sneijder, originating from the Old Trafford boardroom, meant the club should forget about the possibility of signing the Holland international. "You can forget anyone you like," he replied. "I'm happy with the young players I've got."
He noted "there was no criticism" of Joe Hart after Chris Smalling had scored United's first, despite it being "exactly the same type of goal – and he's your bloody [England] national goalkeeper".

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.