Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders (47526 Views)

New Naira: Buhari’s Meeting With Governors, Others Cancelled / Photos From President Buhari's Meeting With Governors Today / Photos From Buhari’s Meeting With PDP Governors In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by etokhana: 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2022
APC SET FOR 3RD STRAIGHT VICTORY SINCE 2015, SAYS PRESIDENT BUHARI

At a meeting held Sunday night at State House, Abuja, with members of the National Advisory Council of the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari appraised the series of consultations held so far towards getting a widely acceptable presidential standard bearer, and concluded: we are on the way towards winning our third straight victory since 2015.

Saying the meeting was convened to provide leadership and direction during the transition period, the President added that the motive was “to strengthen our unity and to focus on building upon our electoral fortunes.”

He added: “I am optimistic that the outcome of this consultation with the National Advisory Council will in addition to sharpening our focus, help to fortify the positive democratic principles, practices and culture that already exists within the party system.

“In the course of these consultative processes, I have already met separately with the Progressive Governors and with all our eminent members who are aspiring to become the Presidential flag bearer for our party during the 2023 elections.

“I am pleased to inform you that those meetings have been fruitful and indicative of a party that is prepared and marching towards a third straight victory since 2015, at the presidential polls.”

President Buhari recalled that at the meeting with the Governors and the aspirants, “I underscored the important roles consensus building and consultation have played in the survival of successful political parties around the world, adding that our party should not be an exception.

“Recognizing the foregoing, therefore, I also emphasized the need to strengthen our unity, stabilize our internal cohesion and system as well as present a formidable Presidential candidate who has the ability to build a unified nation and the capacity to deal with our challenges.

“The party machinery has also screened all our aspirants to the office of the President and found that they consist of eminent personalities, rich in experience, capacity, commitment to service and accomplishment in life. This gives us a lot of confidence but it also comes with its challenges.”

He said that in the circumstances, in order to prevent any post-convention acrimonies and also reduce noticeable anxiety among members on the possible outcome of the process, the party leadership has recommended the intensification of consultation and consensus building to reduce the number of aspirants as it approaches the convention, which commences Monday , June 6, 2022.

The President said in order to further support the efforts of the party, he has admonished the aspirants to consult among themselves and with the party, so that the objective of the recommendation by the leadership would be actualized.

And as members of the National Advisory Council of the APC, the President says he recognizes the fact that they all have diverse interests, spheres of influence and expectations. “You similarly possess the collective ability to ensure our victory at the 2023 polls by strengthening the stability and unity of the party.

“My charge and appeal to all of you, therefore, is to reach out to your various spheres of influence to actively promote the spirit of consultation and consensus building so that a formidable candidate for the 2023 Presidential elections would emerge from the convention. Our citizens do not expect less from us.”

President Buhari assured, as he did to the Governors and the aspirants, that in the interest of the nation and the party, he would lead the transition processes and on-going consultations, “till we successfully choose our candidate for the 2023 presidential elections and record our third straight victory, thereafter, by God’s grace.”

Responding on behalf of the National Advisory Council (hitherto known as Board of Trustees) members, former Internal Affairs Minister and Senator, Major General Mohammed Magodo (retd), former Osun State Governor and first Interim National Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande, and former Senate President, Chief Ken Nnamani, thanked the President for the consultative meetings, and commended him for the great service he had rendered to the country, particularly in the areas of agriculture and infrastructure.

They were unanimous that with hard work and a united front, the APC would win the presidential election billed for February next year, as well National Assembly, governorship, and State Assembly polls.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
June 5, 2022

https://www.facebook.com/100044326904709/posts/pfbid02MXnREnHBXD8JiEwjcPemf8tQufPVvLtvLWMpodJuV9WvRXs7FQ3eqbwEAE47XkFpl/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Nonpartisan1: 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
IPOB Cannibals wont like this, as a Northerner was not endorsed by Buhari. grin grin

Ndi Ara!

236 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by sogodihno: 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
Tinubu or Osibanjo is clinching the ticket, anyone doubting this is living in a fools paradise

Where are those carrying fake news that Buhari has endorse Amaechi, you shall cry last last.

This is the score card

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Crixxx: 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2022
Pleas summarize because who will read this thing from a gworo chewer

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by forgiveness: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
What did he say?

13 Likes

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by seunmsg(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2022
When will Buhari announce his anointed candidate? Na after convention or wetin?

233 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Spandau: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2022
seunmsg:

Aye o! Una don mourn finish be dat? Back to your fruitless political predictions so fast? Eni tó kú ni ti re gbé o!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by inoki247: 3:58am On Jun 06, 2022
So las las dem dey go for primary no more Anointing oil and consensus be that....

Na the election kuku dey more important to dem pass wetin dey happen for the country now..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by GboyegaD(m): 3:58am On Jun 06, 2022
The meetings are becoming too many. We need revisit the numbers of delegates. Less than 3000 delegates to pick the flagbearer is highly unacceptable.
Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Umedia: 3:58am On Jun 06, 2022
Tinubu is a criminal that will never rule Nigeria. God forbid to that Brown toothed pig

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by socialmediaman: 3:59am On Jun 06, 2022
If Tinubu emerges, my vote is for Atiku, that is, if Obi fails to get nationwide support. I can’t waste my vote when Tinubu is on the ballot.

If Amaechi or Osinbajo emerges, my vote is for Obi. I will gladly waste it on Obi even if he doesn’t get close. I’m fine with whoever wins the election, the country is f*****ed either way.

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by MrCGPA(m): 4:00am On Jun 06, 2022
If You think Buhari will Dare to allow Tinubu to be APC flag Bearer you are in False Paradise. Buhari will not allow election but Consensus. If you are not okay with that you hug the nearest 500kva transformer.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by berbs: 4:00am On Jun 06, 2022
Shey na this one remain now?

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Jestin: 4:00am On Jun 06, 2022
Osibanjo is our incoming President.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Mko123(m): 4:00am On Jun 06, 2022
today should be marked as a day in history where some people will shed hypocritical tears not only for the recent happenings in Ondo but for the purposeful eviction from the national seat

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Megabig: 4:01am On Jun 06, 2022
I did a little project which is to actually see how people will vote in the south, I realized that these politicians have sowed fear into the heart of the masses, 80 percent of the people I spoke with are not interested in election. Let’s say the campaigns heats up and at least 20 more percent are convinced, how will 60 percent low turnout help with the added less registered votes from the entire south?

It seems the north will determine who the President is because they street beggars and the poorest of the poor will be used as usual to rig massively….

APC will likely retain power, Buhari will not conduct a free and fair election so whoever they choose on Tuesday is on his way to be the President of Nigeria if the country.

There is a very big problem ohhhhh

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by chukwuibuipob: 4:02am On Jun 06, 2022
sad give up Pa Tee and support Pa Osin

84 Likes

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Frank150: 4:03am On Jun 06, 2022
Nigeria select .. they dont elect...

4 Likes

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by b3llo(m): 4:03am On Jun 06, 2022
Let us all collectively reject Fulani Presidency. We are dying in silence and our power is our PVC

3 Likes

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Jamiubond009(m): 4:04am On Jun 06, 2022
grin North playing the south like a fiddle once again.Give a southerner the ticket,So we have two (Peter Obi and Tinubu or Osinbajo) against Atiku .Have the two slug it out in the south,while Atiku takes the chunk of votes up North.If any one thinks Obi or tinubu can lay a glove on Atiku in his domain,they must be clearly deluded.For una mind,northerners go carry their vote give southerner for election.All Atiku needs is win and decamp to APC if he so desires. undecided undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by chukwuibuipob: 4:05am On Jun 06, 2022
sad one will run riot tomorrow. Lagos state military should brace up /shoot any troublemaker

86 Likes

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by mannobi(m): 4:07am On Jun 06, 2022
Consensus is fraud and imposition. Let everyone go to the field and test their popularity. That's democracy.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by dmostcheerful(f): 4:07am On Jun 06, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
IPOB Cannibals wont like this, as a Northerner was not endorsed by Buhari. grin grin

Ndi Ara!
These thing above didn't even read what was written but resorted to name calling.
Ewu Gambia

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by kerry57: 4:07am On Jun 06, 2022
I am waiting to hear Tinubu address the press on the massacre in Owo as a Yoruba elder that he is. Why do some of these guys place politics above the lives of their subject. He probably doesn't want to loose the votes of his northern delegates.
I hate cowards and hippocrates. Akeredolu was singled out because he is not a hippocrate and has always spoken out against these murderers.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by triple996(m): 4:11am On Jun 06, 2022
Nigeria cannot continue like this
Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by Creamypie(m): 4:13am On Jun 06, 2022
Face of an old and entitled thief, who wants d lives of over 200m persons entrusted to him as compensation for foisting the worst president in d history of Nigeria. Famn

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outcome Of Buhari's Meeting With APC Stakeholders by OBALOLA55(m): 4:14am On Jun 06, 2022
seunmsg:
SHAME NOR DEY CATCH YOU I SWEARsad

SHOW US A SINGLE THREAD WHERE YOU CONDEMN WHAT HAPPENED IN OWO YESTERDAY.

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun And His Wife Rejoice Ahead Of Victory In Ogun (Photos) / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works / Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet Tinubu In London (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.