Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. - Jobs/Vacancies (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. (518203 Views)

Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Recruitment 2022/2023 / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test / NERC Recruitment: Please Who Is Setting These Unrealistic Minimum Requirements? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
oscar4lyf:
People are here waiting while someone in my department just resigned cos he got this NERC appointment, though Na Hausa guy
What department is that and type of work did he resigned from for the NERC job?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
Raheeqilmaktoom:

It's like it's anxiety but they have to rope in others to at least feel better themselves. grin

Even Mr. NCDMB don find permanent place here. grin

Allahul musta'an.
You quoted me the other time and said I have experience with NCDMB which I am hearing for the first time from you and I asked you which one is NCDMB but you did not reply so you either quote where I write my experience with NCDMB , Apologies for saying what is not true or keep quite for the whole nairaland to tag you a liar.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2022
Sark1:
grin why are you still here?
Maybe because he does not get the connection the Hausa guy got, and he is hoping like most people here maybe a miracle can happen.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by kishimi8(m): 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
akanbiaa:
https://nyscinfo.com/nerc-salaries-structure-nigerian-electricity-regulatory-commission/

Omo na joke de that page be that , cuz i no come understand the hype? 105k as manager salary , i wonder what it will be with all the allowances , if it can be upto 400k to 500k it may well be worth the hype sha, else na to maintain person lane
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
kishimi8:

Omo na joke de that page be that , cuz i no come understand the hype? 105k as manager salary , i wonder what it will be with all the allowances , if it can be upto 400k to 500k it may well be worth the hype sha, else na to maintain person lane
All the searches you do online will just have slight differences but be within same range, even https://www.mysalaryscale.com/company/nigerian-electricity-regulatory-commission/salary which is seen as most genuine still gave within same range , and seems the vacant positions are in the Abuja office and even for the connected that might use slot those that live in Abuja and don't pay rent, have ride or free ride in the mornings, or living not too far from the office might be the ones that might be interested to take the offers.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
akanbiaa:
All the searches you do online will just have slight differences but be within same range, even https://www.mysalaryscale.com/company/nigerian-electricity-regulatory-commission/salary which is seen as most genuine still gave within same range , and seems the vacant positions are in the Abuja office and even for the connected that might use slot those that live in Abuja and don't pay rent, have ride or free ride in the mornings, or living not too far from the office might be the ones that might be interested to take the offers.
This can't be the offer for just 150 vacancies and four years experience haba. Even Graduate trainees with 0 experience in most banks take home no less than 200k+. If that's the range many of us won't accept it.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
Idrismusty97:
This can't be the offer for just 150 vacancies and four years experience haba. Even Graduate trainees with 0 experience in most banks take home no less than 200k+. If that's the range many of us won't accept it.
There are roles of over 840k monthly like the assistant general manager stated in the website , which particular role is yours ?
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by kishimi8(m): 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
hmmmm , make i find insider that has good info on this thing
akanbiaa:
All the searches you do online will just
have slight differences but be within same range, even https://www.mysalaryscale.com/company/nigerian-electricity-regulatory-commission/salary which is seen as most genuine still gave within same range , and seems the vacant positions are in the Abuja office and even for the connected that might use slot those that live in Abuja and don't pay rent, have ride or free ride in the mornings, or living not too far from the office might be the ones that might be interested to take the offers.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by balosunky(m): 5:34am On Dec 30, 2022
kishimi8:

So you think NERC staff depends solely on their salary, I know a director who bought a 45 million car. Abeg how many years of him salary go buy that car. Just dey play dey play
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2022
kishimi8:
hmmmm , make i find insider that has good info on this thing
Okay update the house with your findings from your insider and indicate the job roles for the pay you got info about. Thanks.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2022
balosunky:
So you think NERC staff depends solely on their salary, I know a director who bought a 45 million car. Abeg how many years of him salary go buy that car. Just dey play dey play
I understand what you mean but is it every staff that will have that privilege of getting money out of official pay , is it morally right and is it when NEPA harm Nigerians and Nigerians complain to NERC and such staff in charge of diciplinary actions refuse to do it that makes them such money ?

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Useyacoconut: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2022
balosunky:

All these things we are guessing here is nonsense when u get d job u won't be able to tell anybody not even your twin what you are being paid. I have never seen any government worker (ministry or other) tell the complete truth about how much they recieve...I didn't even know what my father's salary was till her retired even till now all I know is that I got what I needed. So when the job comes those that are fortunate to have it here won't come back here to give you details. So we all should keep quiet.

I am also sure that even in the departments ppl don't know what their colleagues make in a month na only HR know. And I don't think they will want to reveal how much they make in a month to their colleagues cos of inside and outside jobs that don't need 3rd parties.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Anonz: 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
Useyacoconut:

All these things we are guessing here is nonsense when u get d job u won't be able to tell anybody not even your twin what you are being paid. I have never seen any government worker (ministry or other) tell the complete truth about how much they recieve...I didn't even know what my father's salary was till her retired even till now all I know is that I got what I needed. So when the job comes those that are fortunate to have it here won't come back here to give you details. So we all should keep quiet.

I am also sure that even in the departments ppl don't know what their colleagues make in a month na only HR know. And I don't think they will want to reveal how much they make in a month to their colleagues cos of inside and outside jobs that don't need 3rd parties.
I find this hiding salary thing weird. Personally my parents and my siblings know my exact salary. I know my dad’s salary till he retired (maybe that’s why I see no big deal in talking about salary with my family). I also discuss it openly with my friends when we’re comparing our various organizations (we show each other our payslips).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Useyacoconut: 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
Anonz:

I find this hiding salary thing weird. Personally my parents and my siblings know my exact salary. I know my dad’s salary till he retired (maybe that’s why I see no big deal in talking about salary with my family). I also discuss it openly with my friends when we’re comparing our various organizations (we show each other our payslips).

Well almost everyone I know don't actually speak d truth when it comes to salary and i understand. You should be careful the info u let ppl have of you.

Not that I hate my family or friends but there are things I don't let them know. Maybe it's cos of what I have used my own eyes to see but I am one of those people who won't share such info especially with family.

It's good you have such relationships.

Facts be told a friend of mine got a job with NDIC only thing I heard about salary from him was that asst manager get paid 700k but in 2 months of being paid he bought this worth more than 2m+ thoooooooo and he saves money and buys stuff for his family. I am not a nosy person if he wants to talk he will talk.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Obasho77: 5:42am On Dec 31, 2022
Lies!!!, How come no one from this room testify of getting a role.it is not possible no one from our midst here won't get the Job. First and Second Test we have people from here and definitely,we will have people that will get employed from here, I am one of those that will give testimony of getting this Job In Sha Allah
oscar4lyf:
People are here waiting while someone in my department just resigned cos he got this NERC appointment, though Na Hausa guy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
Obasho77:
Lies!!!, How come no one from this room testify of getting a role.it is not possible no one from our midst here won't get the Job. First and Second Test we have people from here and definitely,we will have people that will get employed from here, I am one of those that will give testimony of getting this Job In Sha Allah
Insha Allah
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by cojack: 12:15am On Jan 01, 2023
Happy new year to you all.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by 19Bayonets: 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
Wishing everybody a very prosperous yea ahead. I wish us all luck.

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ozuzukizito: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
Our people never return from Christmas. No be small. Everywhere dry like monday for southeast

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 8:18am On Jan 04, 2023
Idrismusty97:
Bank jobs is usually directly or indirectly based on targets and staff can be sacked anytime with no compensations but Federal jobs have job security even if pay is lower that's why getting federal job is like a camel passing thru the eye of the needle for the powers that be that already have more than enough also want more be it money allocations, project contracts or job slots.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by bosunolu(m): 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
DD
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Celewater: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
ozuzukizito:
Our people never return from Christmas. No be small. Everywhere dry like monday for southeast

We never left. There are other things on ground to attend to. Life goes on with or without NERC. When they are ready they will call us abi

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ozuzukizito: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
Yes o
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by iPrinz20(m): 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
Yesterday, I was opportune to speak with a grade-A Rep member about this recruitment. The summary of our long talk is that, appointment will be based largely on Merit.

According to him, NERC is a quasi-government agency and the recruitment process is being handled by a contractor, politicians will have minimal influence.

Even if anyone will influence it for you, you must at least pass the exam satisfactorily then the person can put in positive words for you.

Merit leads here.

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ozuzukizito: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
iPrinz20:
Yesterday, I was opportune to speak with a grade-A Rep member about this recruitment. The summary of our long talk is that, appointment will be based largely on Merit.

According to him, NERC is a quasi-government agency and the recruitment process is being handled by a contractor, politicians will have minimal influence.

Even if anyone will influence it for you, you must at least pass the exam satisfactorily then the person can put in positive words for you.

Merit leads here.

You’re partially right.
Let’s leave it that way.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Salemed002: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
The fact that scores can not be seen live after tests vitiate this claim....it takes more than scoring high alone....many considerations for any FG job

iPrinz20:

Merit leads here.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by kishimi8(m): 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
well there is NLNG also for people to apply, people should not loose hope and keep trying
Salemed002:
The fact that scores can not be seen live after tests vitiate this claim....it takes more than scoring high alone....many considerations for any FG job

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Shukusheka(m): 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
Salemed002:

How often do recruiters provide test scores to applicants even in the Private sector, let alone Public service where the process is largely shrouded in confidentiality. People get FG job with merit alone as much as you lot choose not to believe it.

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Salemed002: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
The difference is that in private sector, the time frame from application to APL is short, determined and communication lines are engaged

No one is saying you don't get job on merit at FG agencies.....but then for other obvious considerations...Mr A with 70% in the midst of other 80-90% from his zone may not get it while Mr B with 50% in the midst of other 45-60% from his zone may get it.....this is just one of those considerations

Shukusheka:
How often do recruiters provide test scores to applicants even in the Private sector, let alone Public service where the process is largely shrouded in confidentiality. People get FG job with merit alone as much as you lot choose not to believe it.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Celewater: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2023
Shukusheka:
What is the ratio of people who get FG jobs on merit to those who do not get based on merit?
MOST people who get FG jobs got it based on man-know-man. This doesn’t mean they’re under qualified. However, na person put their name for list. I work in a FG agency and everyone from the Chief Executive to the janitor was hired based on recommendation. No stray bullet hit anybody lol. This is Nigeria
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Celewater: 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Celewater:

What is the ratio of people who get FG jobs on merit to those who do not get based on merit?
MOST people who get FG jobs got it based on man-know-man. This doesn’t mean they’re under qualified. However, na person put their name for list. I work in a FG agency and everyone from the Chief Executive to the janitor was hired based on recommendation. No stray bullet hit anybody lol. This is Nigeria

This isn’t to discourage us in any way though. I’m also hopeful even though I’m not naive to think a percentage of the numbers will not be given to ‘big men’. If na merit we go ace am, if na connection too we go bring am hehe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (143) (Reply)

Nimc 2012/2013 Interview / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.