Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. - Jobs/Vacancies (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. (518188 Views)

Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Recruitment 2022/2023 / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test / NERC Recruitment: Please Who Is Setting These Unrealistic Minimum Requirements? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Makavelli001: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
moonberry:

Most of those people like BakT and Slikrio claiming insiders and interview participants are scammers u people should not listen to them.

They are looking for whom to scam.

If NERC has invited people for interview, it can not be a secret every body will definitely be aware.

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
Makavelli001:

Most of these people claiming insiders and interview participants are scammers u people should not listen to them.

They are looking for whom to scam.

If NERC has invited people for interview, it can not be a secret every body will definitely be aware.
100 people must have sent him DM by now.

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by maajimk(m): 3:11am On Jan 12, 2023
backT:

I am one of those that went for the oral interview. We did it at NERC Headquarters at Central Business District, Abuja.

But how comes I didn’t see you? Were you directed straight ahead, to the left or to the right when you got to the reception of the said NERC HQ

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by maajimk(m): 3:16am On Jan 12, 2023
This is truth at it’s best…
Make who gree, gree. Who no gree a kara gaba!

iPrinz20:
Yesterday, I was opportune to speak with a grade-A Rep member about this recruitment. The summary of our long talk is that, appointment will be based largely on Merit.

According to him, NERC is a quasi-government agency and the recruitment process is being handled by a contractor, politicians will have minimal influence.

Even if anyone will influence it for you, you must at least pass the exam satisfactorily then the person can put in positive words for you.

Merit leads here.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Obasho77: 5:33am On Jan 12, 2023
Share the evidence of your invitation for the interview here let us see.

backT:

I am one of those that went for the oral interview. We did it at NERC Headquarters at Central Business District, Abuja.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Raheeqilmaktoom: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2023
Obasho77:

We've passed that level pls, the guy is a scam.

Move on.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Bonjovi13: 7:31am On Jan 12, 2023
maajimk:

But how comes I didn’t see you? Were you directed straight ahead, to the left or to the right when you got to the reception of the said NERC HQ

Silly boy. This shows you haven't been to NERC HQ.
You can only be directed to the lift on the left of the reception. No straight ahead, no right.
Be serious here little boy

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by nikola(m): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2023
Bonjovi13:

You can only be directed to the lift on the left of the reception. No straight ahead, no right.
He was being sarcastic though.
Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by backT(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
Obasho77:

I don't need to prove to you that I attended the interview.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by backT(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
maajimk:

Asking me a silly question on how I entered NERC HQ is absurd. I work with an organization that is supervising NERC and attended so many meetings at the HQ before this invite. So entering the place will not be a problem to me.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Oghenekelvin: 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
backT:

Asking me a silly question on how I entered NERC HQ is absurd. I work with an organization that is supervising NERC and attended so many meetings at the HQ before this invite. So entering the place will not be a problem to me.

Enough with the lies man. Just shut it.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Freka(m): 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
No organization supervises NERC. That’s why they are the REGULATORY commission
backT:

8 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by nikola(m): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Freka:
grin
E be things...

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by freddybonz(m): 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
Freka:
NERC is actually supervised by the federal ministry of power, works and housing...emphasis on power anyways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Freka(m): 1:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
I bet you, he didn’t mean the MOP.
freddybonz:

NERC is actually supervised by the federal ministry of power, works and housing...emphasis on power anyways

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Celewater: 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
freddybonz:

Min of works & housing has since been separated from Power.

Also, apart from NERC being the regulator, it is an independent body with quasi-judicial powers too. It’s not supervised by Min of Power as such. Ofcourse the Ministry does have a role to play as an industry participant but NERC doesn’t answer or pander to them as NERC needs to truly be independent in order to carry out its mandate

12 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Salemed002: 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
1. He may have been an aide to one of the members of the governing board. The governing board actually meets periodically with the management of NERC....

Apart from some statutory approvals by the governing board, NERC is a stand alone body and no one interferes with their day to day activities including recruitments

2. However the presidency (i.e. Mr President or through ministry of Power) could give some express instructions from time to time over anything...maybe the guy is from Mr President

3. The National Assembly members have oversight responsibilities and they have such power to check the activities of NERC and may legislate to interfere at any point through the law creating NERC itself....maybe the guy is an aide to a ranking senator who heads a standing committee overseeing NERC

So one may not admit or dismiss his claims

Celewater:

Min of works & housing has since been separated from Power.

Also, apart from NERC being the regulator, it is an independent body with quasi-judicial powers too. It’s not supervised by Min of Power as such. Ofcourse the Ministry does have a role to play as an industry participant but NERC doesn’t answer or pander to them as NERC needs to truly be independent in order to carry out its mandate

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by iPrinz20(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Do not allow anybody to scam you. No invitation was forwarded to anybody. No interview whether secret or open took place in NERC headquarters. NERC is not supervised by any ministry. Your appointment can only be influence when you perform satisfactorily well in the different recruitment stages but needed extra push.

It is worth repeating that the recruitment process is based largely on Merit. This is not arguable.

DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO SCAM YOU.

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by freddybonz(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
iPrinz20:
Do not allow anybody to scam you. No invitation was forwarded to anybody. No interview whether secret or open took place in NERC headquarters. NERC is not supervised by any ministry. Your appointment can only be influence when you perform satisfactorily well in the different recruitment stages but needed extra push.

It is worth repeating that the recruitment process is based largely on Merit. This is not arguable.

DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO SCAM YOU.
You seem so sure, is your relative among the board of directors? I'm not countering your info anyways but always remember anything is possible
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Idrismusty97(m): 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2023
Salemed002:
1. He may have been an aide to one of the members of the governing board. The governing board actually meets periodically with the management of NERC....

Apart from some statutory approvals by the governing board, NERC is a stand alone body and no one interferes with their day to day activities including recruitments

2. However the presidency (i.e. Mr President or through ministry of Power) could give some express instructions from time to time over anything...maybe the guy is from Mr President

3. The National Assembly members have oversight responsibilities and they have such power to check the activities of NERC and may legislate to interfere at any point through the law creating NERC itself....maybe the guy is an aide to a ranking senator who heads a standing committee overseeing NERC

So one may not admit or dismiss his claims

You are giving him ideas.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Makavelli001: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2023
backT:

If truly u work with the ministry that supervise NERC, why shud u degrade yourself from the ministry and be looking for employment in NERC?

10 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by freddybonz(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Makavelli001:

If truly u work with the ministry that supervise NERC, why shud u degrade yourself from the ministry and be looking for employment in NERC?
All these arguments are actually unnecessary...plus it's no secret that commissions, agencies and parastatals pay way more than ministries unless of course he is the Perm sec or top director....but is like una put mind for this job well well

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Useyacoconut: 8:58am On Jan 13, 2023
So wetin una de talk fa

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by eddie7: 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
Useyacoconut:
So wetin una de talk fa

One aspect caught my attention,.... The political elites candidates and the.....will ALL be contacted

Meaning transparency and merit isn't 100%

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by kkkp: 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
DENIAL STAGE...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by kishimi8(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
lol why una like de press people neck for this thread,
make una no forget say some people no pass first stage , but them still de alive
kkkp:
DENIAL STAGE...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by maajimk(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2023
Na sharp people like you i go like work with. This over serious types na dem dey pursue me from where i dey now. God will do the best for us! ��
nikola:

He was being sarcastic though.
Good morning.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by maajimk(m): 8:05am On Jan 14, 2023
With this your answer, i am very sure you didn’t pass the first test. Your accessing the building was not the point of my question, rather your navigating the building. You go right, left or straight ahead?
backT:

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by maajimk(m): 8:09am On Jan 14, 2023
Oga sir, there is a right; which is NBET. The building is actually shared between the duo. NERC is left wing while NBET is right wing. I was just cruising with the guy who i think has also been cruising with us all along.
Bonjovi13:

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Celewater: 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
freddybonz:

All these arguments are actually unnecessary...plus it's no secret that commissions, agencies and parastatals pay way more than ministries unless of course he is the Perm sec or top director....but is like una put mind for this job well well

You, you no put mind for the job so wetin you con de find for here always na? I’m not ashamed to say I put mind for the job because NERC na better soup and I go lick am! LMAOOO

9 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by freddybonz(m): 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
Celewater:

You, you no put mind for the job so wetin you con de find for here always na? I’m not ashamed to say I put mind for the job because NERC na better soup and I go lick am! LMAOOO
Very funny
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Useyacoconut: 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
The thread Don de sweet I Don laugh tire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (143) (Reply)

Nimc 2012/2013 Interview / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.