Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate (39047 Views)

Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate / 2023: PDP Governors Kick As Atiku Plans To Retain Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by ChoCho54(f): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
starz100:
Lawan that is slow, pro north, anti restructuring, not a good senate president wants to be president of Nigeria. If this should happen, then this will be, the burial of the country.
Lawan in my opinion is even out of the 23 presidential aspirants the worst. This is definitely one of the worst news of the century.
True mahn! But he will not win the general elections.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Charly68: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
Bye bye to APC ...Buhari came ,saw but did not conquer because if Lawan is to be their candidate,I shall be one of those who will begin to pray for the disolution of Nigeria. I know when I pray ,my God answers.. Let's wait till Wednesday
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by JosephXavier: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
Razgas:
helinues this message is brought to you by common sense association of nairaland

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by ChoCho54(f): 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
casualobserver:
I think the one thing we've learnt today is that the idea of an Osinbajo presidency is dead in the water
Can't you keep a secret? Did you see anyone talking about it? You sef..

1 Like

Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by helinues: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
Razgas:
helinues this message is brought to you by common sense association of nairaland

You people like to count your eggs before una chicken hatched
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by JosephXavier: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
Clinton14:

Igbo supported Abiola?Where do you guys get your history from?

From consensus arrangement grin grin grin
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by MartinsD12(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
ryloy:

https://guardian.ng/breakingnews/northern-governors-kick-against-choice-of-lawan-as-consensus-candidate/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1654530333
I said it here , you think the north are not smart, tinubu can never get it with Atiku on north tinubu is a no Body he can't match atiku had it been PDP gave it to wike then apc will use Jonathan against wike , in all my political calculation and permutation, tinubu is not in the picture and will never rule this country, listen apc is going home with buhari soon , APC can't rule this country again.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by JosephXavier: 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
OkoroBufo:

For your mind, your Aba-made history is genuine?. Ibos supported Abiola yet he lost in southeast while another ibo man secured a kangaroo judgement to nullify his victory, Lol.

-Okoro bufo

Mumu bufo

It is called Igbo not ibo

Igbos didn't support him because he hates Igbos

He is a tribal bigot just like Asiwaju and Awolowo
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by VaginaMiners: 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2022
JosephXavier:
When we told them, they didn't agree

They thought the problem is Igbo

Igbos have lived in Lagos and SW peacefully for years and you'll never hear that they slaughtered or raped their host communities, yet Igbos are the problem

Awolowo was killed and yet they believe that Igbos are the problem

Igbos supported Abiola and he won the most free and fair election which was later annuled, yet they believe Igbos are their problem

Igboho didn't come about as a reason of Igbos causing violence, yet they think and believe that Igbos are their problem

Lagos State during endsars havoc was later aimed and labeled against igbos, meanwhile their sons where murdered by military acting on a command, yet Igbos are their problem

Someone once said that if Igbos don't vote for APC,they should be thrown into the lagoon, yet Igbos were quiet, yet Igbos are the problem

Nigeria hasn't gone forward since Independence and they believe Igbos are the problem

Tinubu is now disgraced and they will still believe that the Igbos are the problem

It is catastrophic when you don't know who your real enemies are
Shut the Bleep up

Nah your papa kill Awolowo abi

You never supported Abiola. Stop lying

You betrayals led by Nzeribe , Ojukwu and Daniel Kanu were the pillars behind the demonic Abacha.
You cowards were running to your land at the height of the struggle to restore Abiola's mandate .

Stop revising history!!

That said , Azikwe's alliance with the North in the first Republic has ensured that the Ibo and Yoruba will never be friends politically.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Ebubu: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
inoki247:

Lol for the 8 years na all na go still wail pass...

Go and sleep

You and your Yoruba masters don lose
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by stasius: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2022
Initial gra gra.

Una go still accept Am.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:

You people like to count your eggs before una chicken hatched
Tell tinubu to call me bro grin
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by JosephXavier: 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2022
VaginaMiners:

Shut the Bleep up

Nah your papa kill Awolowo abi

You never supported Abiola. Stop lying

You betrayals led by Nzeribe , Ojukwu and Daniel Kanu were the pillars behind the demonic Abacha.
You cowards were running to your land at the height of the struggle to restore Abiola's mandate .

Stop revising history!!

That said , Azikwe's alliance with the North in the first Republic has ensured that the Ibo and Yoruba will never be friends politically.

Agbaya go rest

On Tinubu's mandate we laugh
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by VaginaMiners: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2022
JosephXavier:

Agbaya go rest

On Tinubu's mandate we laugh
Osu liar!
This is not onitsha headbridge where you tell lies to your fellow tout
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by VIKTO83(m): 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2022
What's in d South is also in the North.
All these jostling around Tinubu is because they know him to be rewarded of them that diligently served him. They trust he will eventually hand over to one of them at d end of his tenure. Some of them are even of the opinion that if he picks them as d running mate that he may even die on sit considering his age. Some also know that he will relegate all the power brokers in Nigeria like the retired military and others.
But d real fear is that he will manage the party like OBJ and people like the present national chairman will collect serious probing and be removed.
They ar3 scared that Tinubu can fund his elections alone and so won't give room for people to dictate to him. They are scared that he is rich already and has only this option to present himself as a worthy son of Nigeria because he will bring in reforms that will shake the North.
Tinubu is the only candidate capable of handling Nigeria. It's not enough to have good intentions but d will power to implement it.
I'm well convinced that Nigeria will take a breathe of relief when BAT is elected.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Oracleforce: 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2022
It is quite unfortunate that Buhari is the president when the country is needing a better person to succeed him....
He is so religious and ethnocentric for my liking. ..
Why would you choose someone from your tribe again to succeed you after you have spent 8 years in power?

Are other majority tribes slaves?

And to even say the truth, the Buahri government is one of the worst governments I have experienced in my life...
Then, you so blindfolded with your religion and ethnicity to pick someone from the north again to rule us..and inflict another half-baked graduate Fulani federal minister on us.

Our mumu don do. .Obasanjo wants to leave office, and he looked for someone in the region that hasn't benefited from the presidency before and supported him, you wanted to leave the office, you are thinking of Lawan...after he has spent good 20 years in the National assembly...
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by JosephXavier: 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2022
VaginaMiners:

Osu liar!
This is not onitsha headbridge where you tell lies to your fellow tout

Afonja respect yourself

I be son of Nri go and verify before Amadioha will strike your scrotum

Do you think you can beat my academic record

Na your generation be tout
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by alfarouq(m): 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
The APC presidential aspirant will be from the South. I can not say who it is going to be but I know the flag bearer will be a Southerner.

Among all the comments here, only few are genuinely concerned about a northerner emerging, but majority of the commenters desperately want it to be Northerner so that they can mock their fellow southerners and probably give their candidate a chance in the general election but insha Allah it will not happen.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by realmindz: 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
Another 8 years of northern Islamization agenda

And the south is watching
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Segzy19: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
Don't be silly. Na you kill Awolowo abi...
Oponu!
JosephXavier:

Igbos have lived in Lagos and SW peacefully for years and you'll never hear that they slaughtered or raped their host communities, yet Igbos are the problem

Igbos supported Abiola and he won the most free and fair election which was later annuled, yet they believe Igbos are their problem

Igboho didn't come about as a reason of Igbos causing violence, yet they think and believe that Igbos are their problem

Lagos State during endsars havoc was later aimed and labeled against igbos, meanwhile their sons where murdered by military acting on a command, yet Igbos are their problem

Someone once said that if Igbos don't vote for APC,they should be thrown into the lagoon, yet Igbos were quiet, yet Igbos are the problem

Nigeria hasn't gone forward since Independence and they believe Igbos are the problem

Tinubu is now disgraced and they will still believe that the Igbos are the problem

Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by JosephXavier: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2022
Segzy19:
Don't be silly. Na you kill Awolowo abi...
Oponu!

Yoruba and Fulanis have been living together for 300 years

Afonja if English dey hard you to understand, it isn't late to get a good education
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by jaxxy(m): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kriely:
It’s all stunt. Lol

Lawan will be the consensus but will withdraw for Tinubu since the governors zoned it to the South.

Just another way to do Yemi dirty.

A consensus can't withdraw and choose another.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by emperor863(m): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2022
JosephXavier:

Reason why you are politically backward. You're too emotional, allow common sense to take control of your mind. Ahmed Lawan is not getting the ticket, be sure of this. For your kinsman, Orji Uzor Kalu, tell him not to rejoice too early.

At this point, if anybody is to be disgraced, it is Muhammadu Buhari. Just wait and see what happens in the next 48 hours. At this point, the governors have taken control of the party and they don't want Lawan. Shikena
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Arielle: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2022
Believe these people at your peril.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by OkoroBufo: 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2022
JosephXavier:

Mumu bufo

It is called Igbo not ibo

Igbos didn't support him because he hates Igbos

He is a tribal bigot just like Asiwaju and Awolowo
Why is Okpara and others regretting in their graves?
And why are you groaning under the domination of the north?..
Asiwaju is a bigot, yet gives ibos identity in Lagos and some were elected under his platform into legislative house. His nominee, Ben Akabueze is currently the DG Budget office. The hate your parents buried inside you under the mango tree in Abakaliki will sink you further beneath the SW.

-Okoro bufo
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2022
Tannhauser:
grin
1,2,3...Taqqiyah.

If true then APC has shot themselves in the foot.

It is becoming clearer and clearer that there will be no elections in 2023.

go and hang yourself.. its time to play the Judas, since west can't support the east , east will turn their back on them... get ready to be the next 5% maybe it will fuel Oduduwa nation grin
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by JosephXavier: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
emperor863:

Reason why you are politically backward. You're too emotional, allow common sense to take control of your mind. Ahmed Lawan is not getting the ticket, be sure of this. For your kinsman, Orji Uzor Kalu, tell him not to rejoice too early.

At this point, if anybody is to be disgraced, it is Muhammadu Buhari. Just wait and see what happens in the next 48 hours. At this point, the governors have taken control of the party and they don't want Lawan. Shikena

On Tinubu's common sense we stand
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by shimolv: 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2022
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by cornelman: 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2022
Why must you vote a thief? Why would you choose between two thieves when there's another better than them both?

Let's leave the ideology of the masses and vote like a citizen.
Masses vote for a person because someone told them to or because of tribal and religious sentiment or because they want to support the winning party.
Citizens vote the right man for the job with all sentiments and deceptions aside.

Are you a citizen or a crowd follower (masses)?
Fuckyoumod:
We once had a Southern President 2015, the Yorubas, the self acclaimed most educated, sophisticated and learned people. In their sophistry and wisdom decided that Jonathan was not fit to be President. Spare headed by the Yorubas.

They did not align with their fellow southern brothers. They decided to align with the Fulani's.

Lol...... This is just the beginning! They have started killing them in their churches.

I am from the south-south and I can't give a Yoruba man my vote.
Let power remain in the North..... I will vote Atiku.
Obi miscalculated and left the PDP, Obi can not win under LP.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by IamYorubanza: 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ok as Atiku has won the delegated election of the PDP, SP. Lawan wins the ticket of the APC and Kwankwaso is NNPP's candidate, that means the Northern votes will be divided amongst these 3 Northerners....I hope the south will realise that the North only remembers its own and be ready to support its only viable Southern candidate which might be Peter Obi during the election and I'm sure the North central states will support the South if they sense an amber of unity in the South....well, everything might be working together for the unity of the south....

awọn ti o li etí ki wọn gbọ́!
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by bdchange(m): 6:26pm On Jun 06, 2022
I wish this could be true that Lawan is the consensus candidate so that the south here we go all out for Peter Obi. Tinubu or Osinbanjo as the candidate will divide our vote here in the south.
Re: Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by bdchange(m): 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
IamYorubanza:
Ok as Atiku has won the delegated election of the PDP, SP. Lawan wins the ticket of the APC and Kwankwaso is NNPP's candidate, that means the Northern votes will be divided amongst these 3 Northerners....I hope the south will realise that the North only remembers its own and be ready to support its only viable Southern candidate which might be Peter Obi during the election and I'm sure the North central states will support the South if they sense an amber of unity in the South....well, everything might be working together for the unity of the south....

awọn ti o li etí ki wọn gbọ́!
Hoping for same thing, so that the south will be cleared for Obi. Every right thinking Southerner should rather vote stone than a northerner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fake Photo Alert: Tinubu In Abuja Not In The United States - Bayo Onanuga / A Buharist And A Jonathanian Hug Each Other (pic) / Why There Are Doubts That A REAL Chibok Girl Was Found - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.