Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,037 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation (33205 Views)

Bola Tinubu, Abdulahi Adamu, Lalong Visit President Buhari / Buhari Reacts To Failed Coup In Ghana / 1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” - Olusegun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by sokera: 11:42am On Jun 07, 2022
Biodun556:

Those people don't know what they doing. How will a Northerner spent 8 years in power and will wants to hand over to another Northerner? I still don't get the logic
they need another 8 years to finish the evil northern agenda … this is why they are all against Jagaban, they know Jagaban knows something
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by maasoap(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2022
kingyakos:

Does it also makes sense to you that the SW has done 8yrs president and 8yrs VP but still pushing for another in 2023
SS 6yrs president and still pushing for more in 2023.
What about the SE. We will retain the presidency for another 8yrs until the South settles them tribal wahala.
Firstly, we're talking about APC.
Secondly, SE don't like APC and your people voted Atiku in PDP instead of Wike. So, don't derail
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by maasoap(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2022
ChoCho54:
Tell that to the voice wailing from Abeokuta cheesy

He's getting the ticket which will mean more wailing to wailers
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by maasoap(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Baba cool down the process just dey start , by 5PM your breakfast would be served hot hot cheesy grin

You are still showing face, you guys just don't know when to quit.
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by kingyakos: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2022
maasoap:

Firstly, we're talking about APC.
Secondly, SE don't like APC and your people voted Atiku in PDP instead of Wike. So, don't derail

North 2023
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by DeleTaller: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Chief John Oyegun confirmed after screening that each aspirant, except Tinubu, conceded that the party's decision on consensus is supreme and they would support it. If party decides to use consensus other aspirants may end up in a conclave to vote a winning choice.

except Tinubu... he will go to court and win.... because he never signed that column.
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by Cantonese: 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2022
Biodun556:
Section 84(9) (10) and (11) of the Electoral Act 2022 are the relevant provisions and they state as follows:

“(9) A political party that adopts a consensus candidate shall secure the written consent of all cleared aspirant for the position, indicating their voluntary withdrawal from the race and their endorsement of the consensus candidate”.

Where a political party is unable to secure a written consent of all cleared aspirants for the purpose of a consensus candidate, it shall revert to the choice of direct or indirect primaries for the nomination of candidates for the aforesaid elective
(11) A special convention or nomination congress shall be held to ratify the choice of consensus candidates at designated centers at the National, State, Senatorial, Federal and State Constituencies, as the case may be”.

APC denies endorsing Lawan as consensus candidate for 2023

Instructively, none of the above conditions have occurred in respect of producing the presidential candidate of the APC. Therefore, any declaration of a consensus candidate would be premature and a violation of extant provisions of the law.

We are confident that as a law-abiding entity, the APC will not be part of such.

We are further persuaded to urge our supporters to disregard this report considering that the overwhelming majority of the APC Northern Governors who, after meeting with the President, re-affirmed their preference for a president from the Southern part of Nigeria. This patriotic decision is widely accepted by all Nigerians as a demonstration of deep understanding of the nuanced fault lines of our nation.

In the circumstance, a unilateral declaration by the National Chairman of a consensus presidential candidate for the party will not only violate the law, but set the party on collision course with its Governors who are critical stakeholders in the party.

Thank you.

BABATUNDE OGALA; SAN.
Director; Legal Directorate Tinubu Campaign Organization.

Go and sit down Mr. SAN.
When the candidates purchased the form, did you not see that they all signed the other document agreeing to step down on the matter of a consensus candidate?
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by Slynation(m): 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
LordGuru1:
cry There is no way a Region can ever survive Federal might, except they unite with another Region in the Country. APC Southeast need to support APC Southwest before it becomes too late!!!

When I and everyone believed that Peter Obi is PDP Choice, my Hope was high and I vowed to Vote him. Now that Oshinbanjo or Tinubu is the Hope for Southern Nigeria stop our People from being slaughtered, our fathers killed, women and sisters from being brutally raped, why are Igbos not supporting the Yoruba Candidate; this is Ultimate Wisdom when it is most needed in the History of Nigeria.

Like if you agree with what this guy said below.
Is Peter Obi not in another party??

Must everything revolve around APC or PDP??

Or is it that you don't know most APC members were formal aggrieved PDP members and they will likely decamp to the winning Party...??

Or don't you know a win for APC will likely present the same corrupt politicians to held various agencies??

Or will heaven fall down if SW help S.E to become President?? After all you guy have ruled for 8years + 8years as VP

It's time to Put an end to APC=PDP and if the SW are not willing to help, then they shouldn't expect the 5percent/dotted States to continue slaving for Nigeria, You guys should enjoy Nigeria however it is and we the S.E will take it however it is as well.

Anybody wey die, we condemn, para as usual and move on...!!
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by Cantonese: 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2022
DeleTaller:

except Tinubu... he will go to court and win.... because he never signed that column.

Did you see his form when it was purchased and after it was filled?
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by Slynation(m): 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
Biodun556:

Those people don't know what they doing. How will a Northerner spent 8 years in power and will wants to hand over to another Northerner? I still don't get the logic
Oh...now you know they spent 8years abi, but S.W spent 8years while Osibanjo spent another 8years but yet, S.E will never get the presidential slot...This agenda is why a Northerner will rule this country until we all get sense...
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by MetaPhysical: 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
DeleTaller:

The court already agreed with INEC that parties must adopt a "democratic" process in electing candidates into office. The keyword here is DEMOCRATIC.

The Party owns the primary process, INEC has no business in primary but they act as consultant, and Courts are arbitrators.

APC for instance has adopted three electoral process for nominating flag bearer.

1. Direct primary
2. Indirect primary
3. Consensus

In the case where 23 candidates were asked if they will cede their rights to the party if a single candidate emerged, and 22 of them said YES but 1 said NO, and it ended up in court, the DEMOCRATIC majority will rule.

1 Like

Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by darediamond(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
grin olee!!
NwaIdeato:

Ok ooo, Abeg give us the free money, on Tinubu's mandate we stand gidigba grin
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by homody(m): 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
Dollars have been paid ur state men the result will shock u, igbó with pride sha, he talk as hin be one of the delegate.

author=NwaIdeato post=113544829]

Ok ooo, Abeg give us the free money, on Tinubu's mandate we stand gidigba grin[/quote]
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by searchlight: 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2022
shinealight:

Answer…..because they did their networking with other zones in the country early in the game….while some people were busy telling others to “sit at home” and ruin the economy to bring the country down. That’s why my friend….Learn your lesson NOW! undecided undecided
power will remain in the north because north have been doing their networking very well and we will bulid bridges and help them retain power.
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
BenzEne1:

I'll just say this. The candidate Buhari supports will win most of the northern states.
I'll remind you of this next year when Tinubu is sworn in I promise. I would love a bet, but knowing Nigerians well you won't pay up when you lose.
Neither a Biafran agitator nor an Oduduwa son.
And there's no difference between Israel and USA, two terrorist nations.

I like your courage

Don't change monicker
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by shinealight(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2022
searchlight:
power will remain in the north because north have been doing their networking very well and we will bulid bridges and help them retain power.

One can readily understand the case of those who were sold into slavery and shipped across the oceans for manual labour and all manner of self-demeaning chores……but for some people to voluntarily choose to remain slaves in their own fatherland is beyond me o. Truly, it takes all sorts to make the world! undecided undecided
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by searchlight: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
shinealight:

One can readily understand the case of those who were sold into slavery and shipped across the oceans for manual labour and all manner of self-demeaning chores……but for some people to voluntarily choose to remain slaves in their own fatherland is beyond me o. Truly, it takes all sorts to make the world! undecided undecided
You fit show me more say you Sabi write English, that won't change the fact that we will build bridges and the people who have the best political network should always win after all we are in democracy which is a game of number. Ahmed Lawan for president. He's educated, experienced, sound and healthy. We are one Nigeria, it doesn't matter where the president comes from as long as he's competent, has integrity, and currupt free like our darling daddy Buhari.
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by jaxxy(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

Kaduna
Niger states

Mko/kingibe

They all disagree

sorry Christians won't. they are on their own.
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by DeleTaller: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2022
MetaPhysical:

The court already agreed with INEC that parties must adopt a "democratic" process in electing candidates into office. The keyword here is DEMOCRATIC.

The Party owns the primary process, INEC has no business in primary but they act as consultant, and Courts are arbitrators.

APC for instance has adopted three electoral process for nominating flag bearer.

1. Direct primary
2. Indirect primary
3. Consensus

In the case where 23 candidates were asked if they will cede their rights to the party if a single candidate emerged, and 22 of them said YES but 1 said NO, and it ended up in court, the DEMOCRATIC majority will rule.

Word concensus only exist where there is mutual agreement by others to drop their ambition and sign..

Secondly, Tinubu has no business with the INEC... it the party and I am sure the recent court processes of participation party members taking themselves to court for a redress is what I am saying. Lets wait and see
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by DeleTaller: 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
Cantonese:

Did you see his form when it was purchased and after it was filled?

Oga... the world knows Tinubu did not sign the column
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by raybaba97(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
BenzEne1:

I'll just say this. The candidate Buhari supports will win most of the northern states.
I'll remind you of this next year when Tinubu is sworn in I promise. I would love a bet, but knowing Nigerians well you won't pay up when you lose.
Neither a Biafran agitator nor an Oduduwa son.
And there's no difference between Israel and USA, two terrorist nations.

Lol on the two terrorist nation thing grin
Not sure I agree with the rest though
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by Swissgoldenpro(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2022
This will be interesting to watch
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by armadeo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
9jatriot:
From GEJ consensus, to Amaechi anointing oil to PO anointed now to Adamu, make APC do her primaries make we for focus abeg

Truth be told apc is scared shitles. The internal wrangling would lead to an implosion.
Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by Freemanalee(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2022
Biodun556:

The mumu logic being that the South spent 12 or 14 years I.e Obasanjo ( spent 8yrs) + Gej (4yrs + 2 years)

1 Like

Re: Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation by Biodun556(m): 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2022
Freemanalee:

The mumu logic being that the South spent 12 or 14 years I.e Obasanjo ( spent 8yrs) + Gej (4yrs + 2 years)

So they want to spend their own 14 years at a goal grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi APC Guber Candidate Ododo Visits Attah Igala For Blessings (Pictures) / Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison / Throwback Photo Of General Tukur Buratai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.