Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America (4034 Views)

Girls: Can You Stay In Your Boyfriend's House Like This / Ladies: Can You Stay In Your Boyfriend's House Like This? / Ladies: Can You Stay In Your Boyfriend's House Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Ilamina(f): 1:37am On Jun 07, 2022
Aka also barn houses

Don't we have enough space for it

Just finished watching dallas series. .i like that they have big land for their horses pet

Most mansions in Nigeria in general, don't have space

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Romanoff(f): 1:41am On Jun 07, 2022
Ilamina:

Just finished watching dallas series. .i like that they have big land for their horses pet

My husband and I always discuss this.

The town house mansions are good but what happened to ranch houses with animal and play farms on the ranch?

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by otipoju(m): 1:59am On Jun 07, 2022
There are no good roads to lead to such if built. Labd plenty
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by ZaddyJ: 3:00am On Jun 07, 2022
Romanoff:

The town house mansions are good but what happened to ranch houses with animal and play farms on the ranch?

Oshiomole has something close to that . His land is twice the size of a football stadium ,he has animal such ostrich and crocodile etc grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Ilamina(f): 4:13am On Jun 07, 2022
otipoju:
There are no good roads to lead to such if built. Labd plenty
Nigerians that have started driving Lamborghini in Lagos on our bad roads

Then ranch is possible

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by SocialJustice: 5:24am On Jun 07, 2022
Ilamina:

Make money and build yours. Maybe others will follow.

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Authoreety: 6:36am On Jun 07, 2022
Uv not heard that Nigeria ranks 6th in terrorism abi?

8 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Freezby2020: 7:12am On Jun 07, 2022
Ilamina:

One of the main reasons is security. Infact if you ask me to give you ten reasons Nigeria billionaires have nothing to do with having and living in a ranch I will say they are:-
SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY

THE FOLLOWING ARE WHAT'S PREVENTING THEM FROM HAVING RANCHES

FEAR OF KIDNAPPERS,
FEAR OF BANDITS
FEAR OF KNOW GUNMEN
FEAR OF UNKNOWN GUNMEN
FEAR OF ARMED ROBBERS
FEAR OF CULTS
FEAR OF OCCULTISTS
FEAR OF RITUAL KILLERS
FEAR OF HOUSEHOLD ENEMIES

15 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by BigDawsNet: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2022
i think some Northern Billionaire like the Dangote has a ranch...

It's not common thing in Nigeria.

For you to own a ranch, you must be a lovely of animals and livestock
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by phemmyfour: 8:28am On Jun 07, 2022
Ilamina:

The fear of herdsmen
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by blinking001(m): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2022
Romanoff:

Is Fulani herdsmen a joke to you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:46am On Jun 07, 2022
It’s majorly a societal thing I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by SEGLIZ: 8:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Ilamina:

we are Africans, we are communal in nature, homogeneous. we are don't do without neighbours it is in us and that is who we are.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Romanoff(f): 8:55am On Jun 07, 2022
blinking001:

Is Fulani herdsmen a joke to you?

Lol. Billionaire no go fit afford state of the art security?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by blinking001(m): 9:00am On Jun 07, 2022
Romanoff:

Lol. Billionaire no go fit afford state of the art security?
Abiii, personally, I'll rather build my ranch in other african countries than Nigeria. The insecurity is a major concern.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Romanoff(f): 9:01am On Jun 07, 2022
blinking001:

Abiii, personally, I'll rather build my ranch in other african countries than Nigeria. The insecurity is a major concern.

The insecurity go reach everybody.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by blinking001(m): 9:08am On Jun 07, 2022
Romanoff:

The insecurity go reach everybody.
God abeg

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:34am On Jun 07, 2022
Romanoff:

Different cultures, different mentality. I don't think that Bezos or Musk have such ranches, the same with lots of billionaires both in the Western and Eastern world.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by trifted404: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Different cultures, different mentality. I don't think that Bezos or Musk have such ranches, the same with lots of billionaires both in the Western and Eastern world.
they do actually check it out google
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Ilamina(f): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2022
Wouldn't it be difficult for the armed robbers to run over that field
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Nosayer: 10:47am On Jun 07, 2022
Ilamina:
Wouldn't it be difficult for the armed robbers to run over that field

Reason why it'd be a little difficult to rid America of guns. The bigger the house, the larger the store for ammunition.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 07, 2022
Cos most nigerians are suffering from lack of exposure, follow follow and extreme poverty of the mind

I'll employ a foreign architect when I I'm well settled and ready to build my house, nigerian buildings are eyesores

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Any modern building is better than the brick and mortars littered all over nigeria
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Ilamina(f): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2022
Nosayer:

Reason why it'd be a little difficult to rid America of guns. The bigger the house, the larger the store for ammunition.
Nigerians don't like guns

Just because we copy things from America. .does not mean we copy everything

Uk has big fields too. .but don't have gun problems like America
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2022
SEGLIZ:
we are Africans, we are communal in nature, homogeneous. we are don't do without neighbours it is in us and that is who we are.

I as a person can do without neighbours (I actually rather do without neighbours). What I see is that Nigeria is not developed enough for such (security wise, and other stuff). In the US if one suffers a heart attack on the ranch, dial 911 and in minutes a rescue helicopter or ambulance comes around to whisk you to the hospital for treatment. In Nigeria in the same scenario, the response team will not come until 3 weeks after the funeral service of the victim (that's if they respond at all).

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Ilamina(f): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2022
Kaiair:
Cos most nigerians are suffering from lack of exposure, follow follow and extreme poverty of the mind

I'll employ a foreign architect when I I'm well settled and ready to build my house, nigerian buildings are eyesores
our houses are not that bad

Even my Cameroon friend said Nigeria is known for luxurious, big houses on the continent

Especially when I told him I want to marry a Cameroon man

He said i want to leave all those big, big houses in Nigeria and come and marry Cameroon man grin

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 07, 2022
Fear of enemies hiding in those ranches grin

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Ilamina(f): 11:11am On Jun 07, 2022
But I agree, those armed robbers are not scared of anything

Big field ain't stopping them
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by Nosayer: 11:15am On Jun 07, 2022
Ilamina:
Nigerians don't like guns

Just because we copy things from America. .does not mean we copy everything

Uk has big fields too. .but don't have gun problems like America

I think it's more of cultural differences. The UK has had a stable system for such a long time and in the US, individual ownership of guns was one of the ways they achieved stability.

Nigeria on the other hand has a long way to go in that area of social evolution.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by LogicBomb8: 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

think again
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by LogicBomb8: 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2022
ZaddyJ:

Oshiomole has something close to that . His land is twice the size of a football stadium ,he has animal such ostrich and crocodile etc grin
Football stadium?
Checkout

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Billionaires Have Big Ranch House Like America by SEGLIZ: 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

I as a person can do without neighbours (I actually rather do without neighbours). What I see is that Nigeria is not developed enough for such (security wise, and other stuff). In the US if one suffers a heart attack on the ranch, dial 911 and in minutes a rescue helicopter or ambulance comes around to whisk you to the hospital for treatment. In Nigeria in the same scenario, the response team will not come until 3 weeks after the funeral service of the victim (that's if they respond at all).
you like it don't mean everyone does, check our way of life, we can't do without clustering. check the black community in the US they cluster even that they've long lost touch of home.

I as individual also love the ranch life of a thing still I see the need for communal life and the urban life. talking of insecurity, it isn't the reason for us not embracing the secluded life, even before Nigeria got deteriorated and degenerated people didn't embrace secluded life.

thought for the modern few like you that like it and I that partially appreciate it insecurity would discourage one from doing it.

another thing is most Nigerians get their wealth to oppress others, as result living a secluded life won't meet their heart desire (of oppressing others with their wealth). another is their wealth is ill gotten so they feel insecure, even out of insecurity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Masturbation Will Reveal Your True Feelings Towards Women / See What Happen When You Can Satisfy Her In Bed: A Must Read! / The Most Beautiful African Girl Ive Ever Seen And She Comes From Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.