Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " (2108 Views)

Peter Obi Cannot Win Without Massive Votes From North. So He Has Losed Already / Video Of Fulanis Caught And Killed In Igangan Today During Counter Attack / The Way Igbos Settle In The North, So Shall RUGA Allowed In South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2022
izombie:
We are doomed in the south because of south west. They will always sell us out. Now it's tinubu, tomorrow the north will find somebody else from there. And it's usually yoruba moslem.

Nobody should quote me o cus i am just waiting for tinubu to be jettisoned.
Even the aboki that made this post hinted you igbos are the problem. You're a problem to the south and Nigeria as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by angelfallz(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2022
@bolded, if the northerners are very accommodating why do they start rioting and burning down churches? Why did they kill Deborah, let's not even talk of the other Christians that we might not even know about.

IgbuduMonkey:
as a Southerner living in the North, I agree with most of what you have said. I am however of the opinion that the Fulani Jihad that occured just before Western colonization is mostly responsible for the political unity of the North. Politically, colonization came at the right time for the North.

[b]On tribalism, you are spot on. The Northerners are by far more accommodating than the other major tribes and do not mind people of other tribes being their next door neighbour. [/b]The Igbos are the most tribalistic Nigerians, but they don't know it. I used to think it was the Yorubas, but Yorubas are just scared of other people(maybe timid or distrustful) but the Igbos have a derogatory view of people that are not like them. It shows in the fact that Igboland is the least diverse part of the entire country.

@op, good job!
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by angelfallz(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
Asin eh. The person that is behind that arrewa moniker made me laugh with his write up. He painted a rosy picture of the North, which is far from reality.
WesternOligarch:
Seun likes to pander to public opinion to seem woke. But what you wrote up there is utter BS. There's a level of distrust between kanuris and hausa/fulanis, kaduna state is literally divided along religious lines, I also have first hand experience to what northern Muslims(mostly hausa/fulani) did during the 1999/2000 Sharia crisis in places like jos and other parts of the country. I all my years of experience, hausa/fulani are actually the most tribalistic in nigeria but are just happy singing one nigeria because it favors them.
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by angelfallz(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
God bless you
Aflix:
Lol, is it in the same north that Deborah, a northern Christain was brutally murdered and burnt for “blasphemy”?Is it that same north? Something as horrendous as that happened and the so called united Northerners defended the barbaric act.

I’m a Muslim, a very devout one, but I would be scared to give contrary notions on matters of religion and politics in the midst of northern Muslim. I know any wrong word/sentence can lead to my instant death.

You talk like it’s not the same north that there are divisions even within Muslims. They’ve been countless conflicts amongst these divisions that has lead to senseless loss of life and property.

True, the south is not all united. But don’t come here to paint a false picture of northern unity. The only unity y’all have is the unity to hold on to power no matter the cost. If the north is as united as you say, why haven’t you been able to stop Boko haram and other terrorist group. They are only a small number compared to the population of the northerners.

A vigilante was even killed some days ago for same “blasphemy” in your so called united north.

The problem you people have is that you don’t like telling yourselves the truth.
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by angelfallz(m): 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2022
How many northerners are educated up to the level of holding such positions in universities?
alasane:
Only Northerners believe Nigeria is one. Visit Northern Universities and see Yoruba’s, Igbos and other tribes as HODs, DVCs & Exam officers. But try and visit Universities in the South, East or West is hardly for you to see a staff or student there occupying such position.
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by angelfallz(m): 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
@bolded,
I'm interested in reading what you have to say
MetaPhysical:

Arewa, stop lying. Mundane reality in North is intolerance for diversity. Yes, there are different tribes and practices but your muslim majority shut them down and they are forced to adopt, even if in pretense, a public image that does not conflict with Islam. This is why many of your christians adopt Islamic names. To outsider, it becomes difficult to distinguish their religion. Names like Ibrahim, Yusuf, Suleiman, Adamu, Hauwa, Maryam, and so on. Even so, you have no remorse in massacring them when you feel offended by their ways.
NW is worse than NE in maltreatment and persecution of christians. In NE, christians attain high public office and hold political positions. The only time such has ever happened in NW was Kaduna, and you muslims ended up humiliating him out of office before finally plotting his murder.

Your response is completely a distraction and missed the point on what Seun is alluding to.

I don't have time currently to tackle you deeper on this, monitoring APC primary at moment. If this thread is still active after primary[b] I wont mind breaking down your geopolitical region historically, culturally and politically and correct the myths and misunderstanding about North[/b].
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by aribisala0(m): 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2022
Arrewa:
Dear seun osewa!!

The north is not all about Islam!! That's where Many of u southerners are getting it wrong in first place!!

The north is not all about HausaFulani!!

We are united not just because of religious... average Fulani Christian,Hausa Christian and other northern Christian feel more carried along in the north than in the south!!

We have large number of Christians in Borno,yobe,Gombe,kebbi, and other northern States. Northern Christians speak Hausa, dress in kaftans, eat northern food, we share same culture and values!!

The only difference is that they are Christans who go to Church! Most of them even answer indigenous northern names!

Kanuri see a Hausa man as his brother...

Hausas sees Fulanis as Brothers...

Zuru see see a Bura as a brother, kanakuris see Nupe sas brother!! And so on and on!

A bura from Borno can be a governor in Kano (In the case of shekarau)

Fulani, Hausa, kanuri,nupe,bura,zuru can rule in any part of the north as long as he has the public appeal by playing his politics right!!

That cannot be said in that south even thou u are predominantly Christans!!

Tribalism is killing the south!!

Just because majority of bokoharam are kanuris we don't go about killing kanuris because of bokoharam attack in Kano!

Because majority of bandit are fulanis other northern tribes don't go about killing innocent Fulanis around them!! Calling it "reprisal"

An average northerner is not a tribalistic bigot!!

Come to Kano and see how northern tribes are living together in harmony!!

Only southerners especially the igbos isolate themselves in Sabo Gari!!

That's why we are politically united!!

We tried uniting with the south but we were subjected to inhuman act and betrayal!!

Our leaders were killed in the process!! We lost sardauna, Abubakar Tafawabelewa and Many of our leaders!

Even if we try to forgive and unite, The south will always have a reason to smear and subject the north to all sort physical and verbal attacks!!

We have over 300 tribes in the north!!

Dear seun... The south gave the north the strength and the unity it has today!!

Not just religion as u projected!!

Utopian fiction . The talk of Northern "power" is a myth. They have power when they are in power.
Obasanjo chose and imposed Yar'adua and the North sucked it up.
When Jonathan was in power they were lamenting all over the place and could not have done anything without Tinubu joining forces with Buhari. They were helped by Jonathan's incompetence
The story of Northern political unity is more self deception
Shagari's party NPN did not win Kano/Kaduna/Gongola/Borno Plateau in 1979 That is 5 out of 10 states. Plateau was won by Solomo Lar of NPP ( ZIK's party) . There has never been ONE NORTH
Tofa did not win Kano his Home state against Abiola and there has never been a time where one politician controlled the whole North . Not even Sardauna. There are many fault lines

What Northern unity? The one that has millions of people in IDP camps in Benue
The one that does not allow Fulani Christians access to land for churches or even to bury their dead?
The one that saw EMIRS appointed in places where Muslims were minority and the coercive conversion to Islam of many?
The one that saw Deborah killed like a dog?
What exactly is North or Northern ? The main power the so called North have is because they dominated the military in the 60s and at the end of the civil war which meant they performed all the coups and they wrote the constitution we have.
Did a North exist before the British created it
It is an artificial construct just like the South.
The people of Kwara are nothing like the people of Bauchi and more like the people of Oyo

The so called Northern unity only to the extent that it serves the interest of Fulani Muslims ,placing them at the top of the food chain. It does not serve the interests of the Tiv, The Idoma, The Jukun and others
Many Soldiers from that era like Jerry Useni, Zamani Lekwot, Gowon, TY Danjuma have woken up to reality. They know they were used and are wiser now.

2 Likes

Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by MetaPhysical: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
angelfallz:
@bolded,
I'm interested in reading what you have to say

Please wake the thread up after primaries. This primary is a soap opera and im enjoying its series.
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by alasane: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2022
angelfallz:
How many northerners are educated up to the level of holding such positions in universities?

local narratives
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2022
DMerciful:
Northern unity is driven by the need to have numerical strength to siphon the resources of the South. How else will you be robbing the South if you're divided?

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by IgbuduMonkey: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2022
angelfallz:
@bolded, if the northerners are very accommodating why do they start rioting and burning down churches? Why did they kill Deborah, let's not even talk of the other Christians that we might not even know about.

the dispicable and condemnable thing those people did to Deborah, they would do to a Northern. As a matter of fact, Deborah was a core Northerner, though a Christian. So that issue was purely a religious one and had nothing to do with tribe.
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by aribisala0(m): 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why are Christians in the North forced to bear names like Lawal. Mustapha, Yakubu in order to fit in. THe reality is Christians are second class citizens in the Core Muslim areas of the North even forced to wear hijabs or other head covering
Re: My Counter attack On Seun's "Islam made the north So Powerful " by HausaIgboYoruba: 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
izombie:
We are doomed in the south because of south west. They will always sell us out. Now it's tinubu, tomorrow the north will find somebody else from there. And it's usually yoruba moslem. Ode, Delta State Governor abandoned Wike for Atiku at PDP primaries!

Nobody should quote me o cus i am just waiting for tinubu to be jettisoned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo's Supporters Queued Behind Peter Obi, Because He Is Like VP - Analyst / Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket, Danger To Collective Wellbeing, Unity - MBF / Agberoism; Tinubu Loses More Supporters By Ridiculing Funke Akindele As An Ant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.