Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

BMW Mechanic Diary - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Mechanic Diary (7050 Views)

BMW Mechanic In Lagos / Qualified BMW Mechanic In Benin / Any Good BMW Mechanic In Ibadan. Suggestions Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
sexyto:

I don't get you, 10000k less from 80000k so what is the Actual cost of 2007 below water pumps?
Okay the water pumps depends on the type of engine ..Soo if your car has an N engine which includes N52 N53 Ñ54 etc youd have an electric water pump ..which costs 80k or more ..but in Lagos it's 80k

But if you own a car with the M engine .which includes m52 m54 m50 ..youd have a belt driven water pump which cost max of 10k or more

It might cost more tho
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by sexyto(m): 7:05am On Sep 09, 2022
Antihelminth:

Okay the water pumps depends on the type of engine ..Soo if your car has an N engine which includes N52 N53 Ñ54 etc youd have an electric water pump ..which costs 80k or more ..but in Lagos it's 80k

But if you own a car with the M engine .which includes m52 m54 m50 ..youd have a belt driven water pump which
cost max of 10k or more

It might cost more tho
OK, which makes the m54 a more cheaper engine to maintain.

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 7:47am On Sep 09, 2022
sexyto:

OK, which makes the m54 a more cheaper engine to maintain.
To an extent yes ..but why go for something less powerful grin
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by sexyto(m): 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2022
Antihelminth:

To an extent yes ..but why go for something less powerful grin
If the N engines are too expensive to maintain, then the M engines will do.
What do you think?
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
sexyto:

If the N engines are too expensive to maintain, then the M engines will do.
What do you think?

Depends on year and model of car you're buying .
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by 09sixteen: 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2022
Antihelminth:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by sexyto(m): 7:10am On Sep 10, 2022
09sixteen:

Exactly
So from experience which year and model do you recommend?
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by sexyto(m): 7:11am On Sep 10, 2022
Antihelminth:

Which year and model do you recommend?
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by autofrk: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
@antihelminth

seems very cool, following your progress, seems like a visit to jos is in order wink

2 Likes

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
autofrk:
@antihelminth

seems very cool, following your progress, seems like a visit to jos is in order wink
Lool ...its not all that glamorous .even tho you come you'd defiantly not see me cheesy

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by 09sixteen: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
Yoo bro. Hows work, if am not mistaken you have an e36 right

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2022
No ...work is boring these days ..we just dey find money for fuel dey go ..

2 Likes

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Kufie(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
Antihelminth:
No ...work is boring these days ..we just dey find money for fuel dey go ..

Hello chief, I’ve been looking for engine for F10. The N53. Do you have a plug?
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kufie:

Hello chief, I’ve been looking for engine for F10. The N53. Do you have a plug?

From Lagos yes ..
I'm not sure if they have it in stock Sha .Ive to ask or I'll just forward his number if you want .
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Kufie(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
Antihelminth:

From Lagos yes ..
I'm not sure if they have it in stock Sha .Ive to ask or I'll just forward his number if you want .

Please forward. I’ll call him
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by AutoMoTech(m): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Antihelminth:

From Lagos yes ..
It's been a while. How area?
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2022
AutoMoTech:

It's been a while. How area?

It's been boring a crazy at the same time with Abit of fun ..
Where have you been hiding

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by AutoMoTech(m): 11:05pm On Sep 17, 2022
Antihelminth:

It's been boring a crazy at the same time with Abit of fun ..
Where have you been hiding
Hahahaha it is well.
I kukuma dey with you baba. Keenly following
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by chukel(m): 5:50am On Sep 18, 2022
Antihelminth:

But if you own a car with the M engine .which includes m52 m54 m50 ..youd have a belt driven water pump which cost max of 10k or more

It might cost more tho
the cost of N54 water pump is not 80k unless you are talking of used water pump which is not advisable. I recently lost my N54 water pump due to a crack in the plastic impeller housing (don't know why BMW loves plastics). A brand new one costs about 170k. However, I decided I wouldn't replace with one that has plastic impeller housing as I saw a doorman aftermarket that is all aluminium with good reviews. Tried to source here in Nigeria but couldn't get. Purchased online for $390 excluding tax and shipping. At least it should last the lifetime of the car.

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
chukel:
the cost of N54 water pump is not 80k unless you are talking of used water pump which is not advisable. I recently lost my N54 water pump due to a crack in the plastic impeller housing (don't know why BMW loves plastics). A brand new one costs about 170k. However, I decided I wouldn't replace with one that has plastic impeller housing as I saw a doorman aftermarket that is all aluminium with good reviews. Tried to source here in Nigeria but couldn't get. Purchased online for $390 excluding tax and shipping. At least it should last the lifetime of the car.
lol ..most BMW parts are used ..new ones are ridiculously expensive and the used ones just work like the new ones and they are even cheaper ..you should know that poor people drive BMWs too ..
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
AutoMoTech:

Hahahaha it is well.
I kukuma dey with you baba. Keenly following

Thanks

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by sexyto(m): 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
Antihelminth:
lol ..most BMW parts are used ..new ones are ridiculously expensive and the used ones just work like the new ones and they are even cheaper ..you should know that poor people drive BMWs too ..
One of the reasons people are afraid of driving a BMW.

2 Likes

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
Antihelminth:

A water pump really isn't ideal to buy used. Why risk that?

2 Likes

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

A water pump really isn't ideal to buy used. Why risk that?

Everything boils down to money ..and the risk of importing a fake part ..

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2022
sexyto:

One of the reasons people are afraid of driving a BMW.

Try to order original Toyota parts then you'll know there's no much difference ..
Thing is you can easily get cheap new Toyota parts but know that they are often fake Chinese parts

2 Likes

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by chukel(m): 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
Antihelminth:
you don't get it. Have you seen N54 water pump? It's impeller housing is plastic. It cracks from there overtime. Used is 90k. You don't know how long it has been used and how much life remains before it cracks. To reach that water pump is a pain in the ass.

2 Likes

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by sexyto(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
Antihelminth:

Try to order original Toyota parts then you'll know there's no much difference ..
Thing is you can easily get cheap new Toyota parts but know that they are often fake Chinese parts
The availability of those fake Chinese parts make ownership of the Toyota vehicle a little bit better than the BMW that you can't find such parts and technicians

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2022
chukel:
you don't get it. Have you seen N54 water pump? It's impeller housing is plastic. It cracks from there overtime. Used is 90k. You don't know how long it has been used and how much life remains before it cracks. To reach that water pump is a pain in the ass.

I don't know what else to say ..tbh if people had money and their water pump is broken I'm sure they'll just buy a new car sad sad

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Antihelminth: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2022
sexyto:

The availability of those fake Chinese parts make ownership of the Toyota vehicle a little bit better than the BMW that you can't find such parts and technicians

New Chinese parts = Belgium BMW parts in terms of costs . And they last longer than Chinese parts

Don't worry I'm writing a post on why BMW ownership isn't as hard as people make you believe it is .
Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by chukel(m): 9:01am On Sep 19, 2022
Antihelminth:

I don't know what else to say ..tbh if people had money and their water pump is broken I'm sure they'll just buy a new car sad sad
I would really avoid you as a BMW user, if you believe used BMW part is as good as brand new part.

1 Like

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by sexyto(m): 9:47am On Sep 19, 2022
Antihelminth:

New Chinese parts = Belgium BMW parts in terms of costs . And they last longer than Chinese parts

Don't worry I'm writing a post on why BMW ownership isn't as hard as people make you believe it is .
I would be tuning in, demystify the myth of BMW please.

2 Likes

Re: BMW Mechanic Diary by Kirkman: 9:55am On Sep 19, 2022
BMW wey the gods Don curse them with the use of plastic materials in their vehicle. How will an automaker use plastic bits for its water pump impeller housing even the radiator housing is the same thing..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rolls-Royce And Intel Announce Autonomous Ship Collaboration / Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently / In The Ember Months Accidents Are Caused By Human Error; Not Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.