Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,627 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (40867 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by donb06: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Political parties care about a winning combination.

As a northerner, I know something for sure;

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

And what you don't know it's a Christian country (BRITAIN) keeping this country together. CAN wrote to the queen in 1993. BOOM. election annuled. If you don't like the togetherness of this country, then Tinubu should try his luck. Who becomes president in Nigeria is more of external than internal. If you like agree or not
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Adexxi(m): 11:44am On Jun 11, 2022
I'm sure you never a match with me in every ramifications. I be your papa mate, I love to drag dolt like you so they can easily collect wotowoto .... Infact take this

Ayaragba loruko ti won pe ifa , olobiriko loruko ti won pe esu odara, o fi èjè Omololmo mu loruko ti won pe eyin ìyá aye , eyin ni mo pe loni nitori oloriburuku yin, ki omi ara re ati èjè re ko oju ojá sio , ewe oju omi kin ni isinmi , o tun ni isinmi mon , Ile o gba ona o gba ni se ewe aragba . Lati oni lo ki ile le o, ki ona o na oo. Esu lalu ogirioko ni be lowo si o , ati iwo ati gbogbo ilé re ki e bèrè sini sìse .... Lola awon ìyá mi ajibola lotufe , aji mon je oun ni egun
egunna:
calm down metusellah,y u dey bark?calm down,I touch where dey pain u?life no suppose hard fah.i been no wan reply u,but I laugh sotey my wife dey ask wetin happen.u for no put body as u know say ur skin no full nah grin
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by VERDA: 11:48am On Jun 11, 2022
Neoteny7:

Idiot

FOOL!!!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Neoteny7: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
VERDA:

FOOL!!!

Idiot
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by egunna(m): 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2022
Adexxi:
I'm sure you never a match with me in every ramifications. I be your papa mate, I love to drag dolt like you so they can easily collect wotowoto .... Infact take this

Ayaragba loruko ti won pe ifa , olobiriko loruko ti won pe esu odara, o fi èjè Omololmo mu loruko ti won pe eyin ìyá aye , eyin ni mo pe loni nitori oloriburuku yin, ki omi ara re ati èjè re ko oju ojá sio , ewe oju omi kin ni isinmi , o tun ni isinmi mon , Ile o gba ona o gba ni se ewe aragba . Lati oni lo ki ile le o, ki ona o na oo. Esu lalu ogirioko ni be lowo si o , ati iwo ati gbogbo ilé re ki e bèrè sini sìse .... Lola awon ìyá mi ajibola lotufe , aji mon je oun ni egun
u been act Yoruba film before ne? grin.so for ur mind now u wan scare me?if u know where I come from,u for no try am.but gain no dey bad thing.enjoy.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by IfnobeGod20: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
Softmirror:

I didn't evade your question. I only gave you a very practical example. Can you tell me why Jonathan a non Northern and a Christian won the likes of Bornu in 2011? Buhari had 9% while Jonathan had 70%.

If Tinubu had run along side Buhari, the South West Christians would still have given him their votes just like they obviously did during this primaries in preference and not their votes to a Pastor.
AntonVince I hope you get it?
I think you're mixing politics of party affair with politics of the main election. Primary is purely party affair and as it stands in Nigeria factor, the highest bidder always have their ways during primary. Religion Factor rarely come to play when choosing party representatives during primary elections. It's only during main election you hear different factors like religion, section, region and others of the aspirants.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by deeva2: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
VoteObi2023:
Our prayer is for Tinubu to choose a Moslem VP.

He will lose the South woefully and still lose majority of Moslem North votes.

If Tinubu picks a Moslem, Northern Christian will give protest votes to Peter Obi, who will also clear the South.

Easy victory for the Rock.

Na lie.. as a christian, i go still vote for Tinubu even if he pick a muslin as running mate.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by deeva2: 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Tinubu/Zulum or Bagudu is a goal..
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Adexxi(m): 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2022
Where you come from? It good you don't bite more than you can chew sad else you meet yourself in the great beyond
egunna:
u been act Yoruba film before ne? grin.so for ur mind now u wan scare me?if u know where I come from,u for no try am.but gain no dey bad thing.enjoy.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Softmirror: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
AntonVince:

Which of the "Bornos" did Jonathan win, Mr?
...certainly not the one in NorthEast Nigeria.
Attached below is a copy of the result sheet of what Buhari scored in Bornu state. Or do you have a contrary result? Jonathan a Christian, not from the North won Buhari to an extent that Buhari did not make the 25%.
What was responsible for this? Is Bornu Christian dominant? Check out other Northern states Jonathan did clinched the 25% required of him. What was responsible for this? I don't do blind argument that was why I stopped replying you.

Modified IfnobeGod20, I like your contribution., I hope you have followed through my conversation with AntonVince. My questions for you are the same. How did Buhari lose Bornu...... WAS IT BY CHANCE THAT JONATHAN CLINCHED HIS 25% in the North?

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by deeva2: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
Mune:
If Tinubu decide to go Muslim Muslim, he will see the biggest Christian solidarity votes in the history of Nigeria to other parties but not him

Tinubu needs northern vote than the south because they are the majority...Tinubu already has yoruba's vote even if he picks a muslim as his running mate

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Molenu100(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
I really pity Tinubu now . Both Christian VP or Muslim vp won't favour him . He's face with the option of choosing from two evil . Although he will get slightly more vote with Muslim vp ,but he will still loose because even Christian north and Christian SW will vote against him

God will take control
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by deeva2: 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2022
casualobserver:
Are Christians going to compensate him for the votes he will lose in the North from a Muslim Christian ticket? The answer is no because the Christian vote is already split between APC, PDP and Labour. No person who was going to vote Atiku or Obi is going to vote APC because he gave his VP slot to Christian. That leaves the APC Christians who are mainly from the SW. most don’t care and those that do and will vote someone else are not large enough to offset the loss of Muslim votes in the North.

It’s not rocket science

Thats it.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Sleekfingers: 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by casualobserver: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
VERDA:

My point is, beyond the selfish leaders that cause mistrust, there is also mistrust amongst the average citizens, don't ever downplay the importance of a sense of belonging people have to feel for nationhood, take the south east for instance, no matter what you do in that region, as long as the majority of people feel they are alienated from leadership positions, it's all for nothing.

There is a reason why, the constitution stated that every candidate must get at least 25% in every state, you alienate a whole region or religion and push the card that, it's ok to alienate you from position of leadership provided we provide for you, the human mind does not work that way, religion is even a more sensitive issue than ethnicity...

It is extremely important we understand this, this is about building a nation, Nigeria has not moved forward because leaders play on our fault lines, decisions like this make it possible for leaders to exploit.

Please don’t give the SE as an example of cohesion and mistrust. Why always them? Cohesion cannot be on your terms. Instead look at the SW, after 50 years in opposition, they reached out to the North at great political risk and in return it was the north that was championing the cause of the SW even when the SW was at risk of imploding from within.

The more we hold on to tribe and religion the more these things hold us back. Let it go!!!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by AntonVince: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
Softmirror:

[s]Attached below is a copy of the result sheet of what Buhari scored in Bornu state. Or do you have a contrary result? Jonathan a Christian, not from the North won Buhari to an extent that Buhari did not make the 25%.
What was responsible for this? Is Bornu Christian dominant? Check out other Northern states Jonathan did clinched the 25% required of him. What was responsible for this? I don't do blind argument that was why I stopped replying you.[/s]

Modified IfnobeGod20, I like your contribution., I hope you have followed through my conversation with AntonVince. My questions for you are the same. How did Buhari lose Bornu...... WAS IT BY CHANCE THAT JONATHAN CLINCHED HIS 25% in the North?

My friend, can you stop spreading falsehood and delete this junk? GEJ DID NOT even get a quarter of Buhari's votes in Borno that year. grin
Save for Kaduna and Adamawa in 2003, Buhari has always made it a clean sweep in the core northern Muslim-dominant states since 2003. Neither OBJ nor GEJ has ever beaten him there.

See below the authentic results and take down that fake one you posted.

2011 Result: https://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-elections-results-idAFLDE73G05B20110418 (REUTERS)
2011 Result: https://www.oecd.org/countries/nigeria/presidentialelectioninnigeria-16april2011.htm (OECD)
2011 Result: https://saharareporters.com/2011/04/17/presidential-election-results-live (SAHARA REPORTERS)

cc: IfnobeGod20

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Funflipper: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2022
Megabig:

Against a whole incumbent in 2015…I’m not an Atiku supporter btw, Tinubu won’t pool 11 million votes

Mark this. Atiku won't get up to 3 million votes nevause he is swimming against the tides. Atiku's political stucture and warchest is not as it was in 2019 and to make matters worse for him, it is the turn of the south to produce the next president. 16 years of northernnpresidency is dead on arrival. It won't sell!!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by k2money(m): 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:

You have a head for critical thinking, my bro. Whoever thinks for himself and objectively studies Chritianity knows that things like the sonship, divinity of Jesus don't add up. I encourage you to study Islam and never judge/dismiss it by the actions of muslims of today. I was also agnostic b4 I changed to Islam. It makes more sense though I found the actions of many Muslims to be at variance with what I read in the Koran and other legal sources.
Thank you bro, but please don't introduce your religion to me because they are both fake. If am to use between any religion I will choose ifá religion but I won't teach you about ifá. But I know about it and i beliefs it's the most peaceful religion in the world. Peace.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by k2money(m): 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2022
Tareq1105:

Which religion is agnostic again?
Google it is a faith of believing in God but not choose to follow any belief and living the life of holiness and don't just give a Bleep about anybody faith.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by auwal83(m): 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
Highman56:
useless fool
OK. I know you are a useful wise man because when you go to a hospital you ask for the religion of the doctor and stick only to a Christian. Similarly if you would board an aeroplane you ensured that the pilot is Christian.
Good man!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by auwal83(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
SHINJA:

Bloody head slamming terrorist...

Thank you very much for that. But will you also ensure that only Christian doctors see your patients or only Christian pilots fly your loved ones?
This noise about the faith of a vice presidential candidate is ill-advised. It is total nonsense!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Osaze007: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
AntonVince:

Muslims are NOT the majority in SW, Mr. Man.

Lagos, ONdo and Ekiti have far more Christians than Muslims. Only Oyo and Osun have a larger Muslim population. Ogun is more or less 50:50.

Ogun is even predominantly Christians
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by AntonVince: 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2022
Osaze007:

Ogun is even predominantly Christians

That's true.
I was just trying to be modest and objective.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Osaze007: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2022
Hussein035:

So you still want Hausa/Fulani to continue this killings, you want Atiku to win.

If you continue to think this way you must die before you vote for another North man who will pamper terrorist and bandits

Foolish Yoruba Muslim is complaining about north succeeding north but is okay with Muslim succeeding Muslim
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by LZAA: 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

Between when is Asiwaju moving to SDP?

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by AgboC: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Political parties care about a winning combination.

As a northerner, I know something for sure;

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

guess you are an illiterate.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by VERDA: 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
casualobserver:

Please don’t give the SE as an example of cohesion and mistrust. Why always them? Cohesion cannot be on your terms. Instead look at the SW, after 50 years in opposition, they reached out to the North at great political risk and in return it was the north that was championing the cause of the SW even when the SW was at risk of imploding from within.

The more we hold on to tribe and religion the more these things hold us back. Let it go!!!

You say people should not hold on to tribe and religion, but it has to be both ways...the southwest did not reach out to the north, they were compensated in 1999, because their son was denied the ticket and there was so much agitation in the region, let's not change history...this does not change the fact the west is politically smart.

Look at the conversation we are having, the south is a clear Christian majority but does not have a problem with a southern Muslim, but for some reason some people are saying the northern Muslims will reject a northern Christian, you guys are blind to that but trying to school other people about tribe and religion. This is the highest level of hypocrisy.

There has to be a level playing field and every region has to be on the same page for this ur argument to hold water, leaders in one region cannot have an outlook of domination and the other region or religion should be docile...

I am neither tribalistic nor overly religious, I am from the south South and can't really speak much of my language which is not something I am proud of, up until last year I had attended church probably 5 times in 7 years, also not something I am proud of, so this is not about ethnicity or religion for me.

I grew up in the east then moved to the west, I currently live and do business in the north, my business takes me to almost every state in the north, so I know what I am talking about...

If you are a northern christian, I will not respond to you anymore but if you are a southerner be careful about your over enlightenment mentality. As a group first of all tell those of you saying the core north will not accept a northern Christian to practice what you are preaching.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Ekpeitit(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
Since when did CAN start deciding who will be on APC ticket?
APC will field a Muslim/Muslim ticket and if CAN don't like it they can vote Peter Obi.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by sonyoung: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
In their office abi?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by phemmyfour: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Delegates that we're bribed with 25000$ each is different from main election.
and masses can't be bribe? You are not good with history
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Megabig: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Funflipper:

Mark this. Atiku won't get up to 3 million votes nevause he is swimming against the tides. Atiku's political stucture and warchest is not as it was in 2019 and to make matters worse for him, it is the turn of the south to produce the next president. 16 years of northernnpresidency is dead on arrival. It won't sell!!

Wow, I’ll stop arguing after you said 3 million votes even with PDP. Well

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Caught With Dynamites At A Politician's House In Rivers State (Video) / 2023 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Fayose Begs For Forgiveness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.