Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (40910 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Bobloco: 10:08am On Jun 11, 2022
babaolofin:

Thanks. You started by saying South Westerners have been living harmoniously among themselves and ended by saying why is nobody talking about Christian - Christian ticket.

The answers are in that my submission. You also said APC has to pick a Christian if they want to win. Let me start here. 98% of people complaining are PDP with about 96% of them IBO. They (PDP & IBO) should allow Tinubu to pick a Muslim so that it would be easier for PDP to win. Remember since 2020, the IBO youths said they prefer death to Tinubu becoming President and you can see Ohaneze Ndigbo assault and vendetta against an individual from another tribe. They should allow him to pick Muslim so that all the Christians in Africa can vote for Atiku and Peter Obi.

Now coming back to your last statement, One of my personal friends once served as a top diplomat in Niger & Chad and acting Ambassador as a young man. Before Amalgamation and before independence, the North was predominantly an Islamic nation. Ahmadu Bello is an Arabic scholar. Under British, they used Sharia Penal codes. They have Sharia judiciary.

In the South West, western education of our political fathers have seen that religion is a personal conviction and has nothing to do with developmental issues. Politics is a religion of interests. Democracy is a game of numbers. We know this from our forefathers. The issue on ground is fundamental. It should have been settled before independence and in 1959.

Nobody stops Christian - Christian ticket but it cannot win election because of the Islamic system in the North. The constitution does not stipulate religion as basis for being a President or vice President because it would create a situation where Muslims from the South West cannot aspire for the Presidency. The IBOs said the North does not recognize South West Muslim how come they are now complaining about Muslim - Muslim tickets. Even if Tinubu chose Pope Francis as VP, Tinubu enemies will not vote for him.

Wisdom is required. Wisdom is the principal thing.

If you sincere to yourself the attacks you alluded to in the bolded have been across board it not just the Igbos attacking the Tinubu. Just recently there have been videos showing some Yoruba youths attacking Igbos who went to get their PVCs in Lagos State, In 2015, oba Akiolu threatened the Igbos that they will be thrown into the lagoon if they don't vote for a particular political party.

It has been across board brother, it is not a one sided attacks
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2022
Echoban:

It LL now be a religious battle then, hence Muslim which are majority will now vote BAT in Bloc in SW(both religion) & North as against Atiku who will even b bringing a Wike as V.P,

PDP Bloc is shared in there base both in North and SE/SS(PO effect).

I see Asiwaju having a field day bro.

Kwankwanso and Atiku will have more votes than Tinubu in North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by LZAA: 10:09am On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed wee blame ipob grin
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2022
Iselogunise:

No point for this division and distraction. What we all want is better Nigeria. Maybe CAN should be reminded that Tinubu's wife is a Xtian. Besides, bloc vote is what an Average politician would be looking at let alone Emilokan himself. ABAT nah strategist. He knows what to do to get good numbers.

Ire
Nigeria no be Lagos like Edo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:13am On Jun 11, 2022
Hussein035:

You still want a northerner to continue this ruling right, so that the pampering of Killers ( terrorist and bandits) can prevail.

If you keep willing that North (terrorism and banditry) should continue you will die before this election
Thats why we are voting Peter Obi
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:14am On Jun 11, 2022
Acidosis:

We all know that Yaradua was barely in charge but that's by the way.

That 13 years of OBJ and GEJ you have here could have been 17 years, if GEJ had done enough to win his second term but that's by the way again.

You have to be objective and keep your emotions aside to understand CAN's view. CAN don't have the powers to decide who wins or losses any election, whether at the primary level or general elections.

The issue here is about having two Muslims as presidential and vice presidential candidates, especially for a ruling party.

If you're hoping to see CAN come out to tell you to vote Peter Obi or another Christian, then you will have to wait till the day of rapture.
Dont mind him, he is trying to be clever by half.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Afamed: 10:17am On Jun 11, 2022
LZAA:
Afamed wee blame ipob grin
Between when is Asiwaju moving to SDP?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Afamed: 10:17am On Jun 11, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Speak for yourself. Pandora thief is going to Agulu
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by phemmyfour: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Yoruba Muslim keep deceiving your self if you think North will leave their sons Atiku and Kwankwanso to vote for tinubu
same way north left Lawn and voted Tinubu. Know your history politically, it has a way of repeating itself
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ebbo(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2022
davodyguy:

Have comprehension abeg.

A woman was sworn in as Governor in Anambra State. Do you want to bet?

Understand the use of English.

Was she sworn in as Governor? Yes, she was. Did she operate as the number one citizen of Anambra State? Yes she did.

Show me one Northern state this has happened

Sworn in as a governor and then? We are talking about a female governor through the ballot boxes not through appointment. This can happen any where na,its just a coincidence nothing more.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:22am On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

Speak for yourself. Pandora thief is going to Agulu
You are sounding so stupid.Peter Obi is gaining momentum because he has no corruption case to his name, never be invited by Efcc or tried in court.He is not corrupt like tinibu that still collects 10% of Lagos Igr.Tinubu and OYetola was mentioned in Pandora papers, we don't talk about it becos he have several corruption baggage already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:23am On Jun 11, 2022
phemmyfour:
same way north left Lawn and voted Tinubu. Know your history politically, it has a way of repeating itself
Delegates that we're bribed with 25000$ each is different from main election.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Dfynboi: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy
can't u be sensitive for once, must u talk trash all the time
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Afamed: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are sounding so stupid.Peter Obi is gaining momentum because he has no corruption case to his name, never be invited by Efcc or tried in court.He is not corrupt like tinibu that still collects 10% of Lagos Igr.Tinubu and OYetola was mentioned in Pandora papers, we don't talk about it becos he have several corruption baggage already.
Your Pandora thief electoral value ends at Agulu.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

Your Pandora thief electoral value ends at Agulu.
Atleast you know his town like your thief that is hated in his Iragbiji
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by 7lives: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy

I no even understand again, is CAN a member of APC?.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Afamed: 10:36am On Jun 11, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Atleast you know his town like your thief that is hated in his Iragbiji
You will soon resume your Biafra or death national anthem again. It's a matter of months
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Afamed: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2022
7lives:

I no even understand again, is CAN a member of APC?.
Can of cankerworm
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by k2money(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:

Metaphorically yes. Literally no. Because there alot of people in the bible who are called the sons of God. Abraham, moses, Elias, Jacob etc are all sons of God.Does that make them God too? Ur mumu Don do
My brother am i was born a Christian but now am an agnostic. The simple fact about Christian calling Jesus son of God is that in Hebrew they call anybody they deem holy son of God and in Arab they call anybody attach to Allah slave of Allah is just a terms. Just like Yorùbá will say ọmọlúabi.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tareq1105: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2022
sotall:
cool

Some coconut head who dont like Tinubu wants him to fail by promoting muslim muslim ticket.

I believe Tinubu is wiser and the decision-making body of APC are not stupid to agree to that hypocrisy.

I'm a Christian and I support Muslim Muslim ticket if that is what Asiwaju would need to win. Asiwaju is a Muslim but not a fanatics. His wife is a Deaconess in RCCG while some of his children are married to christians. Moreover, what did Osinbajo as VP did when christians were killed and persecuted?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by syntekelite(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Aboki99 post=113676578]This is puerile!

Political parties care about a winning combination.

As a northerner, I know something for sure;

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

You just siddon for your parlor do census for nigeria... Of all organisations you come quote cia...na wah..
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tareq1105: 10:50am On Jun 11, 2022
k2money:

My brother am i was born a Christian but now am an agnostic. The simple fact about Christian calling Jesus son of God is that in Hebrew they call anybody they deem holy son of God and in Arab they call anybody attach to Allah slave of Allah is just a terms. Just like Yorùbá will say ọmọlúabi.

Which religion is agnostic again?

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by basseeafricana: 10:54am On Jun 11, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-can-rejects-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket
Vary useless religious organization. Cry cry organization. First time which weather is ciear for Yoruba Muslim, they are bringing nonsense. They are part of people that brought down Mko. If that is what will give him votes, he should go for it. Let's leave sentiment. All cry cry Muslim- Muslim ticket does not work now. Every party is straggling to win. In d first place, is it reasonable for PDP to give its ticket to Atiku/North instead of giving it to Southeast which is known as best PDP supporter?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tareq1105: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:

Exactly why we're voting Tinubu.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2022
k2money:

You have a head for critical thinking, my bro. Whoever thinks for himself and objectively studies Chritianity knows that things like the sonship, divinity of Jesus don't add up. I encourage you to study Islam and never judge/dismiss it by the actions of muslims of today. I was also agnostic b4 I changed to Islam. It makes more sense though I found the actions of many Muslims to be at variance with what I read in the Koran and other legal sources.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Adexxi(m): 11:06am On Jun 11, 2022
Your father , Ogun kill you there , have been into politics before your forefathers never dreamed of , you are never a match for me , oloriburuku somebody , ko ni da fun ìyálaya e . Your father again
egunna:
sense is far from u.i am not one dat sees through the eyes of others or have my brain fed with gibberish.i analyse things based on their merits and come out with a position.u,my friend,does not know ur left from ur right else u wud know that no right thinking government will create tension for itself.but u are not capable of such thoughts coz u go by what you are told.by the way,I was talking about political permutations which is way above ur IQ. dont mention me again,I no fit waste my typing on you the second time.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by VERDA: 11:06am On Jun 11, 2022
casualobserver:

The people who deliberately cause mistrust, will cause mistrust even if you give them a Christian Christian ticket. They are the ones who have always held our country back. At some time you have to decide to leave them at the station and get on with your journey. When they are ready to make the journey they will take the next train.

My point is, beyond the selfish leaders that cause mistrust, there is also mistrust amongst the average citizens, don't ever downplay the importance of a sense of belonging people have to feel for nationhood, take the south east for instance, no matter what you do in that region, as long as the majority of people feel they are alienated from leadership positions, it's all for nothing.

There is a reason why, the constitution stated that every candidate must get at least 25% in every state, you alienate a whole region or religion and push the card that, it's ok to alienate you from position of leadership provided we provide for you, the human mind does not work that way, religion is even a more sensitive issue than ethnicity...

It is extremely important we understand this, this is about building a nation, Nigeria has not moved forward because leaders play on our fault lines, decisions like this make it possible for leaders to exploit.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2022
Bobloco:

If you sincere to yourself the attacks you alluded to in the bolded have been across board it not just the Igbos attacking the Tinubu. Just recently there have been videos showing some Yoruba youths attacking Igbos who went to get their PVCs in Lagos State, In 2015, oba Akiolu threatened the Igbos that they will be thrown into the lagoon if they don't vote for a particular political party.

It has been across board brother, it is not a one sided attacks

Firstly, the incident at the LCDA at Alaba on Thursday cannot take place at Kano without much damages. Yorubas are being provoked. My friends at Alaba Rago from Chad, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso gave me the breakdown. It is the Alaba people that attacked the INEC representative at the LCDA. Announcement was made when it was clear Tinubu would win the Primary election for Thursday lockdown for PVC registration. It was a sudden and short announcement . Only one INEC capturing equipment was working. There were many people (Hausas, Yorubas, etc) that were on queues previously. There are criteria and requirements for registration. Alaba Electronics is very large and not everybody working in that market lives in that area. Everybody (unregistered) cannot be registered in one day, especially with one functional equipment. Any attempt to intimidate INEC representative or Local Council officials by crowd or masses would be severely and highly resisted. It is not possible for large number of people to be registered in one day.

Having said the above, the Oba of Lagos threatening of the IBOs in 2015 because Lagos had always been in opposition since Awolowo era have nothing to do with Yoruba elders or Lagos State Council of Traditional rulers. Afenifere and OPC (Fasheun & Gani Adams) supported Jonathan. Afenifere is still with the IBOs till date.

Ohaneze Ndigbo released statement assaulting, blackmailing, harassing and vomiting vendetta on the personality of Tinubu. No ethnic socio - cultural or socio - political group in Nigeria has ever picked a leading political individual in IBO land for such attack.

Arewa Consultative Forum, Northern Elders Forum, Yoruba Council of Elders, Middle Belt Forum, Afenfere and Oodua Peoples Congress have not at any time picked on an individual for such attack and assault.

Though, after an afterthought, the Publicity Secretary retracted the statement released earlier by the Secretary General , but it is well understood.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Neoteny7: 11:11am On Jun 11, 2022
VERDA:

Keep quiet abeg, they are not fanning any religious divide, it the people insensitive to the religious nature of the country that are fanning the divide, they are merely speaking the minds of most Christians, even think of fielding a Christian/Christian ticket in this country and some people will start setting others on fire say na blasphemy... Our hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.

Idiot
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by abysirius(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2022
F*ck CAN!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by egunna(m): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2022
Adexxi:
Your father , Ogun kill you there , have been into politics before your forefathers never dreamed of , you are never a match for me , oloriburuku somebody , ko ni da fun ìyálaya e . Your father again
calm down metusellah,y u dey bark?calm down,I touch where dey pain u?life no suppose hard fah.i been no wan reply u,but I laugh sotey my wife dey ask wetin happen.u for no put body as u know say ur skin no full nah grin
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by sotall(m): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2022
Tareq1105:

I'm a Christian and I support Muslim Muslim ticket if that is what Asiwaju would need to win. Asiwaju is a Muslim but not a fanatics. His wife is a Deaconess in RCCG while some of his children are married to christians. Moreover, what did Osinbajo as VP did when christians were killed and persecuted?

Nobody asked you your religion.
There are millions of Nigerian Christians who care about the religious representation of their leaders

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Photos Of Biafra Shoes Made In Aba / #NoMoreBloodShed: DSS Invites Zainab Ahmed Over Protests Against Killings / Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.