Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (40921 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Megabig: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
od501:

Who will give Tinubu the massive vote in the Niger Delta? He should be grateful if he gets %0.1 vote in the entire Igbo land. Those guys are emotional voters.

Very true
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Megabig: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2022
NetValueFX:

Massive votes in SS/SE? The most useless statement I have read since 2001!

That’s why I said “unless” he gets that which I believe is not possible at this time…
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Dankanu03(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
Can we go n sit down
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Kinzo0917(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy
. Mumu. How are Christians docile? Is it be becos we are not radical like u headslammers? Who told you the population of Muslims is more than that of chriatians? Ogede
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Dankanu03(m): 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
CAN should go and sit down.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by casualobserver: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
VERDA:

You say people should not hold on to tribe and religion, but it has to be both ways...the southwest did not reach out to the north, they were compensated in 1999, because their son was denied the ticket and there was so much agitation in the region, let's not change history...this does not change the fact the west is politically smart.

Look at the conversation we are having, the south is a clear Christian majority but does not have a problem with a southern Muslim, but for some reason some people are saying the northern Muslims will reject a northern Christian, you guys are blind to that but trying to school other people about tribe and religion. This is the highest level of hypocrisy.

There has to be a level playing field and every region has to be on the same page for this ur argument to hold water, leaders in one region cannot have an outlook of domination and the other region or religion should be docile...

I am neither tribalistic nor overly religious, I am from the south South and can't really speak much of my language which is not something I am proud of, up until last year I had attended church probably 5 times in 7 years, also not something I am proud of, so this is not about ethnicity or religion for me.

I grew up in the east then moved to the west, I currently live and do business in the north, my business takes me to almost every state in the north, so I know what I am talking about...

If you are a northern christian, I will not respond to you anymore but if you are a southerner be careful about your over enlightenment mentality. As a group first of all tell those of you saying the core north will not accept a northern Christian to practice what you are preaching.

I’m sorry I didn’t read your entire post. I read the 1st few bits and I couldn’t proceed.

Bottom line is this, we are supposedly more educated and enlightened in the south and that education and enlightenment should be reflected in our thinking. The irony is that it is the northern educated brothers that are actually reflecting the mindset of educated and enlightened. Our southern educated Christians behave like people who have never left their villages. It is understandably for the less educated and enlightened to thinks in terms of primordial and religious sentiment, what is the excuse of the educated? What is the benefit of your education is you ultimately cannot rise above these primitive sentiments?

Bottom line is the party needs to win an election, only the Muslims in the north can give them the votes. Christians do t have enough block votes to overcome the votes that will be lost with a Christian VP. Let us in the south engage our brains and show we are truly educated and enlightened not just able to regurgitate at exams!

There are ways to counter the “fears” of Christians. There are 3 arms of government, none can function without the other. If the executive is Muslim Muslim, then the senate president and speaker can go to Christians. They can even go as far as making the Chief Justice a Christian when the current tenure expires

Please stop all this nonsense you are supposed to be above all this crap!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Kinzo0917(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2022
funshint:
CAN should consider the religious tolerance level of each region before raising issues that can unnecessarily overheat the polity. Please they should just speak for theirselves. Besides this thing is a case by case thing o.
. Any Christian than vote for muslim/muslim ticket will end up in the hottest part of hell. Why should a Christian vote for a muslim in the first place?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by VERDA: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
casualobserver:

I’m sorry I didn’t read your entire post. I read the 1st few bits and I couldn’t proceed.

Bottom line is this, we are supposedly more educated and enlightened in the south and that education and enlightenment should be reflected in our thinking. It is understandably for the less educated and enlightened to thinks in terms of primordial and religious sentiment, what is the excuse of the educated? What is the benefit of your education is you ultimately cannot rise above these primitive sentiments?

Bottom line is the party needs to win an election, only the Muslims in the north can give them the votes. Christians do t have enough block votes to overcome the votes that will be lost with a Christian VP. Let us in the south engage our brains and show we are truly educated and enlightened not just able to regurgitate at exams!

There are ways to counter the “fears” of Christians. There are 3 arms of government, none can function without the other. If the executive is Muslim Muslim, then the senate president and speaker can go to Christians. They can even go as far as making the Chief Justice a Christian when the current tenure expires

Please stop all this nonsense you are supposed to be above all this crap!

You did not read the post but you also wrote a long epistle claiming to have the answers...abeg make rest with our know it all mentality. Done responding .
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by casualobserver: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
VERDA:

You did not read the post but you also wrote a long epistle claiming to have the answers...abeg make rest with our know it all mentality. Done responding .
. Because it was already apparent from his intro that his post was based on emotion/ dogma, hatred, indoctrination rather than intellect.

The VP you ignoramuses are shouting about has no power constitutionally, the same morons who when we asked what was Osinbajo’s achievement in office, or he was part of Buhari’s poor regime will tell you he had no power! it just shows how dumb our southern Christians have become. A senate president and speaker have more powers than a VP. But if you tell these morons that those positions will go to Christians to balance the equation and that they are better positions for Christians to occupy than the VP, they will still be arguing!!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Kinzo0917(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2022
tesppidd:
But am beginning to agree with the assertion that CAN might be the religious arm of PDP..

After 8 years of Buhari, PDP still gave their ticket to Atiku, which would mean 26 straight years of Northern Fulani Islamic rule.

CAN did not utter a word about this!

Wow! Just wow!!
. Mumu. We are talking about muslim/muslim ticket not about PDP. has pdp presented muslim.muslim ticket b4? Ogede
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
phemmyfour:
and masses can't be bribe? You are not good with history
With 25000$ ?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Funflipper: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2022
Megabig:

Wow, I’ll stop arguing after you said 3 million votes even with PDP. Well

3 million might sound ridiculous to you but I will consider APC to be very generous if Atiku even gets up to that figure. PDP is just a shadow of its former self and come 2023, it will be taken care of once and for all.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by kennymike84: 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2022
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by egunna(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
Adexxi:
Where you come from? It good you don't bite more than you can chew sad else you meet yourself in the great beyond
see mumu,can u kill an ant?oya send me there nah.i dare u.the one u did before,u think I will start begging?na groundnut full ur head.gerraut abeg.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Adexxi(m): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2022
I dey ibadan , if dem born ur papa well show up . I dare your father
egunna:
see mumu,can u kill an ant?oya send me there nah.i dare u.the one u did before,u think I will start begging?na groundnut full ur head.gerraut abeg.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 3:03pm On Jun 11, 2022
AgboC:
guess you are an illiterate.

Let u and I make our CV public for people to choose who's illiterate between us, idiot!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Adexxi(m): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2022
Alaye if u no show Ogun go kill u . I will turn u to a dead meat ... Mo fi eledumare bura angry
egunna:
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by robo16(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
Your father....
Thinkam:

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Temysteve(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2022
Thinkam:

Keep quiet jor
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
Megabig:

That’s why I said “unless” he gets that which I believe is not possible at this time…
That is Future impossible tense and not to be "unlessed".
An Osibanjo can actually get better vote in SE/SS than Tinubu
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by egunna(m): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2022
Adexxi:
Alaye if u no show Ogun go kill u . I will turn u to a dead meat ... Mo fi eledumare bura angry
I no b Yoruba bros,speak english.u no fit do shi shi
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by phemmyfour: 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
With 25000$ ?
They are easier to bribe, all you need to share is recharge cards /2k/5kg bag of rice or garri
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by OsunOriginal: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-can-rejects-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket

Where were they when Fayemi and other governors in the south picked a christian as their running mate? And what do we benefit from the religion of a candidate and politicians in general? Materials things, real development, or just mere religious ego?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Opolopoopolonio: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:

Lol, which north? Let's even concede that.

Suppose all xtians in the north vote for muslim/Xtian ticket and all muslims go for muslim/muslim, u have 65% to 35%. What of the south?
Suppose all SE and SS go for Pdps muslim/xtian and SW and NC go for Muslim/Muslim. Can the SS and SE xtians make a president?

Christians are majority in the north central(at least 55%). That 35% is for the north east and north west.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by OsunOriginal: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. Any Christian than vote for muslim/muslim ticket will end up in the hottest part of hell. Why should a Christian vote for a muslim in the first place?

You need to ask those Christians who voted for Tinubu instead of Osinbajo/Amaechi/Ogbonaya Onu at the APC primary first. Certainly all the 1,271 who voted for Tinubu are not all Muslims.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by VERDA: 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
casualobserver:
. Because it was already apparent from his intro that his post was based on emotion/ dogma, hatred, indoctrination rather than intellect.

The VP you ignoramuses are shouting about has no power constitutionally, the same morons who when we asked what was Osinbajo’s achievement in office, or he was part of Buhari’s poor regime will tell you he had no power! it just shows how dumb our southern Christians have become. A senate president and speaker have more powers than a VP. But if you tell these morons that those positions will go to Christians to balance the equation and that they are better positions for Christians to occupy than the VP, they will still be arguing!!

It is you that is the ignoramus...you sit in Lagos claiming to know it all, the northern Christians that have been marginalised even in their home states in state appointments are fighting against further marginalisation but your blind support for Tinibu will not let you see beyond your nose as if the Tinibu is clean or not one of the thief's that have stolen his state dry, Your God will not make make any difference. Nonsense.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by egunna(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2022
Adexxi:
I dey ibadan , if dem born ur papa well show up . I dare your father
no wonder.u dey Ibadan true true.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Wwwq: 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
Good
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by olatuns2017: 8:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-can-rejects-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket

Who is CAN?

CAN that is part of PDP

CAN that says it PYO

Abeg

Ki yourself

Tinubu Elrufai

One man one vites
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by alibiz: 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
History will repeat it self if Tinubu is not careful
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Abelino(m): 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
Thinkam:

It is obvious you are senseless.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by edosignature(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
If a Muslim Muslim or a Christian Christian ticket can give Nigerians a better deal & make Nigeria prosperous let it be.

CAN, MURIC are only playing on the gullibility of there followers & the uninformed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Taraba Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan Wins APC Governorship Flag (picture) / Moment Police Opened Fire On Shiite Protesters Today (Photos) / Tinubu Calls Dolapo Osinbajo ‘Wife Of The President’ (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.