Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc (4076 Views)

Efootball 2022 Mobile Is Now Available On Playstore And Ios App Store / Efootball 2022 Update For Mobile. Iconic Moments Are Going / Efootball 2022 Is A Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by atheistandproud(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
eFootball 2022 Mobile has been out for over a week now. I have had enough time to go through the game as well play a few matches. So, in the post we’re going to be looking at eFootball 2022 mobile first impressions.

In this eFootball 2022 mobile first impressions post, we are going to look at the new UI, game modes, gameplay and other new aspects of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8PBNcckpbk

eFootball 2022 Mobile first impressions

The user interface

The new UI is definitely one of the first things that you’ll see as soon as you jump into the game. It utilizes a blue and yellow color scheme for the background. It is divided into three parts: eFootball world, shop and extras.

The eFootball world contains all the game modes, team selection, players, contracts etc. The shop is used for buying coins or exchanging eFootball points while the extras contains user info, settings, commentary etc.

It was very confusing at first and overwhelming but I soon got used to it after some time.

Game modes

There are two main game modes here. These are Authentic Team and Dream team.

Authentic team is basically preset exhibition mode. Where you pick a ream that corresponds to its real life counterpart and just play an exhibition match.

Dream team on the other hand refers to all the competitions that you can play using the team that you have built with players that you own. There are three main modes in the Dream team: events, eFootball league and online quick match.

This is mostly where you’d find me lol. I love the events and I have made it to Division 6 in the eFootball league.

The gameplay

The new gameplay is slowed down to reflect the new realism that eFootball is portraying. Everything is slower. The arcade style of PES 2021 has been replaced with a more methodical play style that feels almost console like.

The AI is also much smarter, I have had my ass handed to me by the AI on legendary and Superstar mode. My level right now is top player and AS Roma still beat me regardless. I’ll get better I guess.

Offence

For offense, it is a lot easier to attack than to defend in this game. That’s the first thing you’ll notice. Pressing from the front with G. Zeitzler 4-3-3 quick counter does wonders. That being said, I prefer L. Roman or M. Arteta’s possession style football. The players do make very smart runs if you play the right passes.

For shooting tho, stunning shot for the most part is the way to go. Regular shots and finesse shots seems to have been weakened. I keep hitting the bar with finesse shots which is really annoying.

Defence

This is where I have an axe to grind with the game. Defending seems broken and you have do everything manually. Simply spamming the “press” button doesn’t work anymore. All it does is make your defenders jog after the opposing strikers.

What actually works to a large extent is the match-up style of defending. Do not execute the double press for any reason, never do it. Your opponent will completely destroy you as your defence will fall open.

Learn how to match up defence as though your life depended on it. That being said, matchup can be beaten by smart passing and since you can only control one defender at a time. The auto-switching function is useless and manual player switching is not any better. I have conceded needless goals because the player switch function failed to work when I desperately needed it to.

See: eFootball Mobile new controls

Controls

The control are the same from last year with added functionality, but with the new gameplay, you’ll have to start over. The issue I had was trying to play eFootball 22 as though it was PES 21. I got my ass beat badly. So i have decide to relearn it afresh and it has worked wonders.

My only issue with the controls is that I cannot assign the press function to different buttons, but that’s alright. I’ll get used to it.

Acquiring players/managers

Getting players and managers are a lot easier in eFootball 22, a whole lot easier. I no longer need a box draw to get players. I just go to the store and buy them. The same thing can also be said for managers as well. I just go and buy them as well.

Sadly, the stupid coin cash grab box draws are still present in the game. These ones seem to pack the best players which would cause people to throw money at it.

In terms of ability, the gap between featured, legend, trending and standard players have been greatly reduced. So much so that I am no longer interested box draw players. My very decent Arsenal team has gotten me to Division 7.

Team building and player training

This is a lot harder to do now. In the old days, you could simply let players train progressively by using them in a lot of matches. Now, it is a whole new kettle of fish. Using players in games only gives them experience points. You need to use trainers to convert those experience points into progression points.

Using progression points is tricky as it is an irreversible process. It is important that you use progression points for play style first before using them for stats. Stats for players are not important. A player’s affinity for a certain play style will determine how well he will play.

Players that are well trained with progression points for possession play style will do well with a coach that likes possession based football. The same is also true for managers with other play styles. To play well, ensure that the team has at least 90 team play style level.

The player selection menu is horrendous. Sorting players is hell.

See: eFootball 2022 Mobile update

Contracts

Contracts are now time based instead of match based. All standard players have a contract duration of 1 year (365 days). The carryover legendary players have none. Contract tickets are worth 25,000 eFootball points and are only durable for 2 months or 60 days.

In order to ameliorate this issue, Konami gave out about 25 contracts per person. I’ll advise that you use them wisely because winter is coming.

The game plan by Konami from my vantage point is to discourage the use of old legendary players, forcing players to discard them for new ones. This is because new legendary players all have 1 years contracts automatically. Very sly Konami, very sly.

Conclusions

In conclusion, I like the game and I think it is a challenge to rewire my old muscle memory and adapt to the new gameplay. This game comes with a lot of new animations which I really like, especially the last minute goal celebration.

But, the defending is horrible and the poor player switching is very very annoying. I hope someone does something about that very quickly. The contract situation with our old IMs is also really bad as well and the lack of contract tickets makes it worse.

Overall, I’d give the game a B.

With that we have come to the end of this post on eFootball 2022 mobile first impressions.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2022/06/11/efootball-2022-mobile-first-impressions/

1 Like

Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by shezy14(m): 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
atheistandproud:
eFootball 2022 Mobile has been out for over a week now. I have had enough time to go through the game as well play a few matches. So, in the post we’re going to be looking at eFootball 2022 mobile first impressions.

In this eFootball 2022 mobile first impressions post, we are going to look at the new UI, game modes, gameplay and other new aspects of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8PBNcckpbk

eFootball 2022 Mobile first impressions

The user interface

The new UI is definitely one of the first things that you’ll see as soon as you jump into the game. It utilizes a blue and yellow color scheme for the background. It is divided into three parts: eFootball world, shop and extras.

The eFootball world contains all the game modes, team selection, players, contracts etc. The shop is used for buying coins or exchanging eFootball points while the extras contains user info, settings, commentary etc.

It was very confusing at first and overwhelming but I soon got used to it after some time.

Game modes

There are two main game modes here. These are Authentic Team and Dream team.

Authentic team is basically preset exhibition mode. Where you pick a ream that corresponds to its real life counterpart and just play an exhibition match.

Dream team on the other hand refers to all the competitions that you can play using the team that you have built with players that you own. There are three main modes in the Dream team: events, eFootball league and online quick match.

This is mostly where you’d find me lol. I love the events and I have made it to Division 6 in the eFootball league.

The gameplay

The new gameplay is slowed down to reflect the new realism that eFootball is portraying. Everything is slower. The arcade style of PES 2021 has been replaced with a more methodical play style that feels almost console like.

The AI is also much smarter, I have had my ass handed to me by the AI on legendary and Superstar mode. My level right now is top player and AS Roma still beat me regardless. I’ll get better I guess.

Offence

For offense, it is a lot easier to attack than to defend in this game. That’s the first thing you’ll notice. Pressing from the front with G. Zeitzler 4-3-3 quick counter does wonders. That being said, I prefer L. Roman or M. Arteta’s possession style football. The players do make very smart runs if you play the right passes.

For shooting tho, stunning shot for the most part is the way to go. Regular shots and finesse shots seems to have been weakened. I keep hitting the bar with finesse shots which is really annoying.

Defence

This is where I have an axe to grind with the game. Defending seems broken and you have do everything manually. Simply spamming the “press” button doesn’t work anymore. All it does is make your defenders jog after the opposing strikers.

What actually works to a large extent is the match-up style of defending. Do not execute the double press for any reason, never do it. Your opponent will completely destroy you as your defence will fall open.

Learn how to match up defence as though your life depended on it. That being said, matchup can be beaten by smart passing and since you can only control one defender at a time. The auto-switching function is useless and manual player switching is not any better. I have conceded needless goals because the player switch function failed to work when I desperately needed it to.

See: eFootball Mobile new controls

Controls

The control are the same from last year with added functionality, but with the new gameplay, you’ll have to start over. The issue I had was trying to play eFootball 22 as though it was PES 21. I got my ass beat badly. So i have decide to relearn it afresh and it has worked wonders.

My only issue with the controls is that I cannot assign the press function to different buttons, but that’s alright. I’ll get used to it.

Acquiring players/managers

Getting players and managers are a lot easier in eFootball 22, a whole lot easier. I no longer need a box draw to get players. I just go to the store and buy them. The same thing can also be said for managers as well. I just go and buy them as well.

Sadly, the stupid coin cash grab box draws are still present in the game. These ones seem to pack the best players which would cause people to throw money at it.

In terms of ability, the gap between featured, legend, trending and standard players have been greatly reduced. So much so that I am no longer interested box draw players. My very decent Arsenal team has gotten me to Division 7.

Team building and player training

This is a lot harder to do now. In the old days, you could simply let players train progressively by using them in a lot of matches. Now, it is a whole new kettle of fish. Using players in games only gives them experience points. You need to use trainers to convert those experience points into progression points.

Using progression points is tricky as it is an irreversible process. It is important that you use progression points for play style first before using them for stats. Stats for players are not important. A player’s affinity for a certain play style will determine how well he will play.

Players that are well trained with progression points for possession play style will do well with a coach that likes possession based football. The same is also true for managers with other play styles. To play well, ensure that the team has at least 90 team play style level.

The player selection menu is horrendous. Sorting players is hell.

See: eFootball 2022 Mobile update

Contracts

Contracts are now time based instead of match based. All standard players have a contract duration of 1 year (365 days). The carryover legendary players have none. Contract tickets are worth 25,000 eFootball points and are only durable for 2 months or 60 days.

In order to ameliorate this issue, Konami gave out about 25 contracts per person. I’ll advise that you use them wisely because winter is coming.

The game plan by Konami from my vantage point is to discourage the use of old legendary players, forcing players to discard them for new ones. This is because new legendary players all have 1 years contracts automatically. Very sly Konami, very sly.

Conclusions

In conclusion, I like the game and I think it is a challenge to rewire my old muscle memory and adapt to the new gameplay. This game comes with a lot of new animations which I really like, especially the last minute goal celebration.

But, the defending is horrible and the poor player switching is very very annoying. I hope someone does something about that very quickly. The contract situation with our old IMs is also really bad as well and the lack of contract tickets makes it worse.

Overall, I’d give the game a B.

With that we have come to the end of this post on eFootball 2022 mobile first impressions.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2022/06/11/efootball-2022-mobile-first-impressions/
great review
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by atheistandproud(m): 12:36am On Jun 13, 2022
shezy14:
great review

Not interested. Please leave my thread. Thank you.
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by boblawson(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2022
I can't seem to wrap my head around this new version of pes mobile, i am totally confused mehn.

I think the event mode is online.I am in level 5 tho.

Controls are totally messed up during online matches, from displaced passes to horrific defending.Hope I get used to it.

This new passing, shooting pattern seem a little bit complex for me.
Any little tip?

1 Like

Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by atheistandproud(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2022
boblawson:
I can't seem to wrap my head around this new version of pes mobile, i am totally confused mehn.

I think the event mode is online.I am in level 5 tho.

Controls are totally messed up during online matches, from displaced passes to horrific defending.Hope I get used to it.

This new passing, shooting pattern seem a little bit complex for me.
Any little tip?

The controls are very sensitive to you may have to practice with it for a bit. It happens to me to. I'll intend for a pass to go forward and I'll go backwards. It's very frustrating.

With the defending, only use press when you're near the opponent's box 18. Once the ball reaches the center circle, switch to match up defense mode and run back to cover your box 18.

As for shooting, you'll need to add force to your shots or use stunning shots.
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by SkgeeBoss(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2022
You all can join my group
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by atheistandproud(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2022
SkgeeBoss:
You all can join my group

Not interested bud.
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by devilmaycry: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2022
atheistandproud:

The controls are very sensitive to you may have to practice with it for a bit. It happens to me to. I'll intend for a pass to go forward and I'll go backwards. It's very frustrating.

With the defending, only use press when you're near the opponent's box 18. Once the ball reaches the center circle, switch to match up defense mode and run back to cover your box 18.

Yea right...
With little practice everyone will get better...I started poorly with controls but rn ...I'm better...

I'm at division 4 though...
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by atheistandproud(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2022
devilmaycry:

Yea right...
With little practice everyone will get better...I started poorly with controls but rn ...I'm better...

I'm at division 4 though...

I'm about to be relegated from Div 5 embarassed embarassed embarassed

I'll be back tho
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by devilmaycry: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
atheistandproud:

I'm about to be relegated from Div 5 embarassed embarassed embarassed

I'll be back tho
What's ur team strength
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by SkgeeBoss(m): 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
atheistandproud:

Not interested bud.

Others might.
Not compelling you to cheesy
FYI have been playing since 2017
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by SkgeeBoss(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
Division 1 here over a week now grin
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by SkgeeBoss(m): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
Here's my 2018 thread and my squad then.

Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by atheistandproud(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
devilmaycry:

What's ur team strength

I don't really about team strength.

I'm just building teams that's all

I'll post my Liverpool, Bayern, City, Madrid and Barca teams later.

Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
SkgeeBoss:
Division 1 here over a week now grin

What phone do you use
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
The defence is really awful
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by devilmaycry: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
atheistandproud:

I don't really about team strength.

I'm just building teams that's all

I'll post my Liverpool, Bayern, City, Madrid and Barca teams later.

Nice ....your efootball coins and gp is Madly high...cheat or ?

Cos apparently I'm very low in those two
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by ObvslyNotBanana(m): 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
Defending is awful. Passing is awful. Konami has managed to make the game more complex than it should be. I'll just buy football manager instead.
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by devilmaycry: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
ObvslyNotBanana:
Defending is awful. Passing is awful. Konami has managed to make the game more complex than it should be. I'll just buy football manager instead.
You are right for defence...but passing is okay to be though
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by Juzec: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
I think Konami are trying to make the mobile game play as close to the console own as possible. Passing and attacking has improved. The only issue is that defending has become so terrible. It is now a case of who outscores who.

The mistake most gamers are making is actually using the same pattern of playing Pes2021 to play this new release. You have unlearn that of 2021 and relearn this 2022 game play....if not you go continue to collect better flogging grin
PS: The game will become more fluid with more maintenance and update.
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by devilmaycry: 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
Juzec:
I think Konami are trying to make the mobile game play as close to the console own as possible. Passing and attacking has improved. The only issue is that defending has become so terrible. It is now a case of who outscores who.

The mistake most gamers are making is actually using the same pattern of playing Pes2021 to play this new release. You have unlearn that of 2021 and relearn this 2022 game play....if not you go continue to collect better flogging grin

Exactly ...defending is a mess...even with good defenders, it doesn't count

Else the game is great
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by atheistandproud(m): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
devilmaycry:

Nice ....your efootball coins and gp is Madly high...cheat or ?

Cos apparently I'm very low in those two

Been playing since 2019
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by devilmaycry: 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
atheistandproud:

Been playing since 2019
I thought as much...
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by Seyilome(m): 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
Though the buttons playing pattern have changed which I am not too sad about, but I am highly disappointed on the new event mode, I would like them to bring back campaign mode, this e2022 event mode online players are mostly cheats and they can go to settings for minutes to frustrate you or sometime stop the game during playing time. The should make the event mode strictly for ai only.
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by sheylarhh(m): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2022
atheistandproud:

Which one is the best?. Assisted or manual switch?
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by atheistandproud(m): 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2022
sheylarhh:

Which one is the best?. Assisted or manual switch?

Manual oh. All the way.
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by boblawson(m): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Seyilome:
Though the buttons playing pattern have changed which I am not too sad about, but I am highly disappointed on the new event mode, I would like them to bring back campaign mode, this e2022 event mode online players are mostly cheats and they can go to settings for minutes to frustrate you or sometime stop the game during playing time. The should make the event mode strictly for ai only.
On point.
Lag cheaters.
How can someone be pressing me with 2 goals ahead and i see small opportunity to score,na so e be like them fast forward my player 20 yards to post one on one till e enter keeper hand. undecided
Or the one I will be flogging someone 3-0 before 30min, next thing guy stop to attack,na so game come lag till he equalised the 3 nill and end up winning the match. cry cry
It's not fair o.

1 Like

Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by boblawson(m): 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
atheistandproud:

Manual oh. All the way.
Thanks for your input earlier.
But me i always use assisted.manual de punish me to change cursor.maybe laziness grin grin
Omo Div 3 don dey hard o.
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by SkgeeBoss(m): 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
Privit:

What phone do you use

I use a Redmi device
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by Juzec: 8:11am On Jun 14, 2022
boblawson:

Thanks for your input earlier.
But me i always use assisted.manual de punish me to change cursor.maybe laziness grin grin
Omo Div 3 don dey hard o.
Omo manual na too much stress for me and if you never master am, opponent go use am punish you diee.
But once you master am, na the best. Your defence go tight
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 14, 2022
boblawson:

On point.
Lag cheaters.
How can someone be pressing me with 2 goals ahead and i see small opportunity to score,na so e be like them fast forward my player 20 yards to post one on one till e enter keeper hand. undecided
Or the one I will be flogging someone 3-0 before 30min, next thing guy stop to attack,na so game come lag till he equalised the 3 nill and end up winning the match. cry cry
It's not fair o.

That fast forward happened to me twice yesterday. I'm currently in level 4 of the campaign. Was leading someone 1-0 yesterday, next thing I noticed was that after the guy went to make substitutions the game started fast forwarding unnecessarily and I ended up loosing 2-1, thought it was my phone malfunctioning cos it happened with 2 different guys I played against.
Is it that cheaters have already found a way to manipulate this new one also
Re: Efootball 2022 Mobile Guide: Gameplay, Training, Players, Etc by naijasensei: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
boblawson:

On point.
Lag cheaters.
It's not fair o.

I usually feel sorry for such people whenever I encounter them. If they can go to this length to win a match on a mobile phone, then they are also ready to kill to get what they want offline.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Good London Fairly Used Phones For Sale: / Help: Blackberry Nigerian Names And Actual Model / Android Apps That Offer Free Calls And Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.