Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? (301748 Views)

Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari / Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents / Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Ultimate300(m): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
odumchi:
I've been wondering, what is the fastest way to rise in rank in the Nigerian Armed Forces? And which Branch of the Military is the most enjoyable, (Army, Airforce, Navy)?

I will appreciate your replies and comments. Thanks.
so you only have interest on high rank. naija is in trouble.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by meccuno: 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
The fastest way,a muslim,a northerner,a hausa- fulani. And if your god fathers are generals and maybe the emir of one emirate then you are good to go.......if you don't believe me, name 20 generals from bayelsa and I would name 100 generals from kano and kastina state.....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by ehissi(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
I have seen a lot of mis-information so far reviewing this thread - the bulk of it I deem un-intentional while the rest is just plain comedy - the errors/misinformation are largely based on what is called "The Standard" in a Nigerian military environ.

"The Standard" refers to the terms and conditions of services as well as the bulk of what is contained in the armed forces act of 1990.

There is also a social terminology in military environments called "The General Idea"!

The General Idea is just the actual realities that exists in the military that are a deviation from the standard condition of service but are still covered by the armed forces act in some way!!

An example;

According to the conditions of service, DSSC are deemed non-combatant officers (or professional officers) that are suited for administrative purposes and are not meant for actual warfare - this is The Standard !!

The General Idea is that DSSC Officers and Soldiers undergo the same training, in the first cycle of Recruitment called the BMTC -Basic Military Training Course - which runs for 6months, also the Armed forces act allows ample room for the Chief of any military arm to use personnel for any purpose in the event of a security situation.

Therefore, DSSC officers can be deemed prepared to face combat immediately after they are commissioned (since both they and soldiers do the BMTC and soldiers are deemed combat ready).

They are not only sent into combat, but are also drafted into the Infantry division/corps of the Army as well as the airforce (The airforce call their own infantry wing/corps regiment/air crew).

From experience, people who may fall into this category are usually very tall or buffy/muscular looking in appearance and have an appearance that seems to command attention physically!!!! I know many of such cases mathematician, accountants etc who were guilty of looking too gallant for the office and so they were drafted into infantry immediately - even though they came through DSSC.

Now DSSC training is 6/7 months, for those who are drafted into Infantry/regiment from DSSC, because DSSC does not cover in its entirety infantry/regiment related training they are sent for further training courses - 100% of the time overseas to countries like belarus, israel etc- to help them fit into the Infantry division/corps better!!

But for DSSC officers that are sent to combat, but are members of a corps/department outside the infantry, nothing for them; highest they will be briefed by their new CO's (or officers under the authority of their CO's) or much more experienced officers in there respective units on what is expected from them in the course of combat!!

Another Example;
All officers whether they came in through the RC of the NDA or the DSSC or SSC can attain the rank of a 2-Star general or VSO (Major-general, Air -vice Marshal, Rear Admiral for army, airforce and navy) - this is the standard!!

The General Idea is that DSSC are deemed (no matter the amount of training you want to give them or the corps you put them) not in a position to command troops at an "executive" level - this is by reason of the Armed forces law!!

This why no STF/JTF commander or service chiefs within the individual armed forces like The GOC's, FOC's or the AOC for army navy and airforce will be a DSSC officer - no matter how many training or war you make the DSSC officer fight.

Also the VSO, Very Senior Officer's Ranks (which is from Colonel upwards in army, Captain upwards in Navy, Group captain upwards in Airforce) have limited slot (which usually must be filled with equity and federal character in mind; though this is not always the case).

Also these are usually the recommended ranks approved by the Armed forces council and the respected councils of the individual armed forces for officers to hold who must command troops at certain executive levels as well as for certain strategic appointments!!

Because of the current size and capacity of our military, what usually happens is that you may have 400 people due for the rank of Colonel; 110 are RC, regular commission (either through NDA or SSC) while 290 are from DSSC and the appointment requiring executive command of troop throughout the army at the level of colonel are 60; the ones that don't require this are 20; so how do they promote!!

The DSSC will always get the short end of the stick and it gets tighter at higher ranks like brigadier general and Major general!!

Plus the bulk of the offices at the level
of Major General require executive command of troops; the ones that don't, will be filled by officers who enjoy sympathy of their colleagues and coursemates that went through the NDA - who hold executive appointments within the military - so because of this, the usual last bus-stop of DSSC officers is Brigadier General - and that is with Favour with both men and God!! Usually Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel is the where most DSSC officers are retired!!

The Standard says DSSC can achieve Major-General but the General Idea is that the last bus stop is Brigadier General!!!

This is where people make mistakes about the military; looking at recruitment related documents most times display the standard, the general idea can only be seen on ground! Either by living in an military environment and carefully observing things like military orders at Provost/MP's, asking question amongst friends/family who are personnel or even taking up a casual Job at a military installation or being a personnel yourself!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by ehissi(m): 8:38am On Sep 26, 2015
I have come to notice that a lot of folks keep citing young age as a factor of concern when seeking Military service when on the contrary it is ablessing!

My advice to those doing NYSC now who think their young age may affect them; especially if DSSC is your route! Plan your recruitment strategy! I believe allawi is now #19,700; whatever you can save, save and the start looking or doing research for suitable post-graduate options!!

Instead of waitng for form and the end up getting the short end of the stick; you can use your young age as a tool! Go and do your Masters fulltime while applying at the same time; focus on your books and watch the thread at the same time!

Full time Masters in institutions of Learning in Nigera is just 18months; if you are as young as you say you are, by the time you are done you will have matured by 2yrs, plus you will now have a boost to your qualifications! Also year of graduation - which is used as a barrier to block older candidates/graduates as well as reduce number of applicants - can also be avoided by this means as your Masters will have a new graduation year!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 26, 2015
ehissi:
I have come to notice that a lot of folks keep citing young age as a factor of concern when seeking Military service when on the contrary it is ablessing!

My advice to those doing NYSC now who think their young age may affect them; especially if DSSC is your route! Plan your recruitment strategy! I believe allawi is now #19,700; whatever you can save, save and the start looking or doing research for suitable post-graduate options!!

Instead of waitng for form and the end up getting the short end of the stick; you can use your young age as a tool! Go and do your Masters fulltime while applying at the same time; focus on your books and watch the thread at the same time!

Full time Masters in institutions of Learning in Nigera is just 18months; if you are as young as you say you are, by the time you are done you will have matured by 2yrs, plus you will now have a boost to your qualifications! Also year of graduation - which is used as a barrier to block older candidates/graduates as well as reduce number of applicants - can also be avoided by this means as your Masters will have a new graduation year!!
thank you sir
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by 989900: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2015
@ehissi: #respect
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Afoguy(m): 10:03am On Sep 30, 2015
@eshiss, am 24year gradute in comp sci, and i realy have passion 2b a navy. My question is. Can i enrol to NDA with my degree cert instead of applying for dssc
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by ehissi(m): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
Afoguy:
@eshiss, am 24year gradute in comp sci, and i realy have passion 2b a navy. My question is. Can i enrol to NDA with my degree cert instead of applying for dssc

Applying directly to NDA is only for school certificate holders (either WAEC or NECO) under the age of twenty years old!! DSSC is the only option for you as far as Military service in the Navy as an officer is concerned!!
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by waterlooo: 2:34am On Oct 10, 2015
All the questions and answers were meaningful... @ehissi I would like to have a conversation with you. Pls can I get ur number,pin or ya twita handle?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Yhemit(m): 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
ehissi:

Applying directly to NDA is only for school certificate holders (either WAEC or NECO) under the age of twenty years old!! DSSC is the only option for you as far as Military service in the Navy as an officer is concerned!!

I really appreciate your help big bro..... please I will like to have ur contact sir.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Yhemit(m): 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
Is it possible for a graduate of political science to join.....I need some of the requirements.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Yhemit(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2015
ehissi:

difference between Tradesman & non tradesman
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by djgreenland(m): 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
purest21:

your dream is possible but you have to understand the difference between army DSSC and SSC. You may have to read previous posts on this topic.
In summary, commissioning through DSSC gives you the rank of a Lieutenant immediately after training, but it requires your course of study to be something valuable to the army like; medicine, engineering, law etc also depending on the areas the army needs personnel. So sociology is not of much concern to the Nigerian army. That now leads you to what you should actually do to achieve your dreams.

You will enrol for SSC which does not care about your course of study, just that the course must not be less than 4 years if you studied in Nigeria. And after training you resume at rank 2nd Lieutenant and start commanding troops starting from a platoon (16-44 soldiers). You can then get to your dream rank of major general where you can command a division (7,000 - 22,000 soldiers)

Even if the army advertises for sociology tomorrow, if you apply you won't be involved in warfare at all and that's going make it hard for you to attain that General because gallant war men will first be considered.
please someone that studied Accounting and obtained a HND, does he have anu chance in the Navy/Airforce/Army.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by djgreenland(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
purest21:

your dream is possible but you have to understand the difference between army DSSC and SSC. You may have to read previous posts on this topic.
In summary, commissioning through DSSC gives you the rank of a Lieutenant immediately after training, but it requires your course of study to be something valuable to the army like; medicine, engineering, law etc also depending on the areas the army needs personnel. So sociology is not of much concern to the Nigerian army. That now leads you to what you should actually do to achieve your dreams.

You will enrol for SSC which does not care about your course of study, just that the course must not be less than 4 years if you studied in Nigeria. And after training you resume at rank 2nd Lieutenant and start commanding troops starting from a platoon (16-44 soldiers). You can then get to your dream rank of major general where you can command a division (7,000 - 22,000 soldiers)

Even if the army advertises for sociology tomorrow, if you apply you won't be involved in warfare at all and that's going make it hard for you to attain that General because gallant war men will first be considered.
please someone that studied Accounting and obtained a HND, does he have anu chance in the Navy/Airforce/Army? Please clarify me.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by purest21(m): 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
djgreenland:
please someone that studied Accounting and obtained a HND, does he have anu chance in the Navy/Airforce/Army? Please clarify me.

Yes. You can apply for DSSC for any of the three- navy, Airforce and army. There's always need for accounting personnel in the three forces.
You can still apply for SSC but only in the Army, if you want to be a combat officer. The SSC will not recognize your HND in accounting. You will be trained for field battles and you will only command troops and fight wars.
Some consider SSC advantageous because those commissioned through SSC are usually the ones that bag most appointments in the Army.
So with these you know which is best for you. Whether to be in the Army and practice what you studied or to fling the accounting degree aside and command troops during wars

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by McKren(m): 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Marry the daughter of a general!
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
The fastest way to rise and die prematurely in the Nigerian Army is to stage a coup.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by qizick: 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nice trend Pls I want to know if someone that enters the paramilitary with diploma can rise to the post of an officer
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by pappy009: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
if after joining the dssc with a bsc graduate of political science.... can you be allowed immediately to take a leave to go for your masters degree abroad?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
purest21:

of course you will be a war man. And only war o, nothing else. So that's the same thing I'm saying. Before you can be in infantry, you must commission through ssc and then start fighting any war that comes up. After about 20-25 years, your generalship dream will come through

That's if they make it that far.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by suxess18(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=ehissi post=33176228]

SSC is a Combatant Short Service Commission (formerly known as Short Regular Commission, SRC) that is meant for those interested in field Operations AKA War or peace-keeping or Combat Operations (U assume the rank of second Lieutenant in the army -*- and R usually fielded into fielded into Infantry Corps of the Nigerian army after 9mths - 12mths of training); after 18mths - 2yrs U receive your first promotion to Lieutenant -**- and your subsequent promotions are 4years a rank or as vacancies/slots arise. When U achieve your 6th Year (Usually when U R or awaiting to assume the rank of Captain -***-), U will have the option to retire or convert to Regular commission after a physical exercise; U will receive 2 chances each year to pass this after which at your third fail U will go on compulsory retirement. N.B;- NDA graduates R on Regular Commission by default; This grants them automatic right to hold any appointment anywhere in the armed forces; a right SSC may share if God, age and politics is on your side.

DSSC is Direct Short Service Commission and is meant for professional Officers interested purely in administrative functions of the army (U will assume the rank of Lieutenant -**- after training and will be fielded into any of the Corps where vacancies exist for your discipline after 6-7mths of training). Your First 2 ranks will be achieved after 5years of promotion each. In your 10th year, you will have the option of retiring or convert to Direct Regular Commission which will involve mainly just a medical exam and filling a couple of documents after which U will be deemed converted and subsequent promotion will be achieved on a 4year basis a rank or as vacancy/slots exists N.B;- Direct regular Commission legally can achieve any rank except the APEX rank in each armed forces; In the case of army Lieutenant General. However they cannot hold any Major appointment that demand control of combatant troops, unfortunately most of these appointments R usually assigned to Brigadier or Major Generals (a rank that usually has very limited slots/vacancy for occupancy compared to number of officers qualified to filled them) so most times in the past, DRC don't usually proceed after the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel - though this trend is fast changing as DRC now achieve the rank of Brigadier General even Major General, thanks to Democracy......

A B. ed can go for DSSC if there is vacancy in the Education Corps only beyond that no hope; a B. ed can go for SSC as what U read doesn't matter everybody will just face Infantry (The Combat land troops department of the army). Education Corps is for teachers and staff of Military school and military institutes, Infantry is war, peacekeeping and training for other combatant troops....

Yes a B.Ed can go for all armed forces but only army has SSC the rest have only DSSC.....

Jets and Crafts/Vessel is exclusively for NDA graduates and not DSSC

Special forces R members of the armed forces trained for specific field OPS (for Now boko Haram & counter insurgency is the core of all Special forces training course menu) Airforce has QRF (Quick response force), Army has CTU (Counter terrorism Unit)..........

Military reserve R meant for Mass recruitment/re-engagement into the armed forces in the event that the armed forces or the Nation is overwhelmed by a foreign or local threat. Retired officers fit the profile, also Civil defence and other paramilitary bodies can be conscripted in the event of a General state of emergency...........

Pistols R meant specifically for commandants/Commanders/Service Chiefs or as occasion demands. Usually the culture is for your Aides to carry arms for U as a very senior officer; a very senior officer or a commander will only agree to carry in the event that his unit is on Military alert (by this time every personnel will be on camouflage only all day of the week instead of switching between other variants of their uniforms)......

Usually for SSC in recent times, 30years is the maximum and 26 is the minimum but if U R younger and have your first degree U will be accepted. DSSC for army and airforce is minimum 26 to 35 maximum but even if U R younger with a first degree U R welcome. Navy insists on maximum of 30yrs and younger with first degree for DSSC...... Pls inbox me ur fb username. I need to knw more abt u sir...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Hidorano(m): 11:46am On Feb 13, 2016
Now i have OND certificate with me and i will finish my HND by November which am aiming to go for my degree after my HND. My question is this: i want to apply for airforce now with my ND through recruit, so my question is 1. can i be allow to go for my degree immediately after the recruitment or am i going to wait for certain years(specify the year pls). 2. Can i use my HND to apply for the commissions/ officers cadre in other force like navy or army while in non commissions cadre in airforce. 3. I need your general advice on this matter maybe i should wait till i get my first degree in d nxt 3years or i should go as plan.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by luwehn: 5:54am On Mar 08, 2016
purest21:

So, what is your take on choice of commissioning?
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by luwehn: 5:58am On Mar 08, 2016
Please is the form for Nigeria Army DSSC or SSC already out, if yes how can one have access to them?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by luwehn: 6:15am On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=suxess18 post=42681875][/quote]
It would have been very OK if you had mention some other criteria and expectations which it takes to apply for each of these options more than academics and age
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by whitebone(m): 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
[quote author=suxess18 post=42681875][/quote]

Thanks a lot for this big info. I have a question.

Can someone with Bsc. (Ed). Apply for a position other than education? I studied Information Tech. But my school added the (ed) to my honor because it is a university of education. Or do you think I should just apply for the education position straight away instead of applying for the position of Information Tech.?
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by whitebone(m): 8:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
ehissi:
I have seen a lot of mis-information so far reviewing this thread - the bulk of it I deem un-intentional while the rest is just plain comedy - the errors/misinformation are largely based on what is called "The Standard" in a Nigerian military environ.

"The Standard" refers to the terms and conditions of services as well as the bulk of what is contained in the armed forces act of 1990.

There is also a social terminology in military environments called "The General Idea"!

The General Idea is just the actual realities that exists in the military that are a deviation from the standard condition of service but are still covered by the armed forces act in some way!!

An example;

According to the conditions of service, DSSC are deemed non-combatant officers (or professional officers) that are suited for administrative purposes and are not meant for actual warfare - this is The Standard !!

The General Idea is that DSSC Officers and Soldiers undergo the same training, in the first cycle of Recruitment called the BMTC -Basic Military Training Course - which runs for 6months, also the Armed forces act allows ample room for the Chief of any military arm to use personnel for any purpose in the event of a security situation.

Therefore, DSSC officers can be deemed prepared to face combat immediately after they are commissioned (since both they and soldiers do the BMTC and soldiers are deemed combat ready).

They are not only sent into combat, but are also drafted into the Infantry division/corps of the Army as well as the airforce (The airforce call their own infantry wing/corps regiment/air crew).

From experience, people who may fall into this category are usually very tall or buffy/muscular looking in appearance and have an appearance that seems to command attention physically!!!! I know many of such cases mathematician, accountants etc who were guilty of looking too gallant for the office and so they were drafted into infantry immediately - even though they came through DSSC.

Now DSSC training is 6/7 months, for those who are drafted into Infantry/regiment from DSSC, because DSSC does not cover in its entirety infantry/regiment related training they are sent for further training courses - 100% of the time overseas to countries like belarus, israel etc- to help them fit into the Infantry division/corps better!!

But for DSSC officers that are sent to combat, but are members of a corps/department outside the infantry, nothing for them; highest they will be briefed by their new CO's (or officers under the authority of their CO's) or much more experienced officers in there respective units on what is expected from them in the course of combat!!

Another Example;
All officers whether they came in through the RC of the NDA or the DSSC or SSC can attain the rank of a 2-Star general or VSO (Major-general, Air -vice Marshal, Rear Admiral for army, airforce and navy) - this is the standard!!

The General Idea is that DSSC are deemed (no matter the amount of training you want to give them or the corps you put them) not in a position to command troops at an "executive" level - this is by reason of the Armed forces law!!

This why no STF/JTF commander or service chiefs within the individual armed forces like The GOC's, FOC's or the AOC for army navy and airforce will be a DSSC officer - no matter how many training or war you make the DSSC officer fight.

Also the VSO, Very Senior Officer's Ranks (which is from Colonel upwards in army, Captain upwards in Navy, Group captain upwards in Airforce) have limited slot (which usually must be filled with equity and federal character in mind; though this is not always the case).

Also these are usually the recommended ranks approved by the Armed forces council and the respected councils of the individual armed forces for officers to hold who must command troops at certain executive levels as well as for certain strategic appointments!!

Because of the current size and capacity of our military, what usually happens is that you may have 400 people due for the rank of Colonel; 110 are RC, regular commission (either through NDA or SSC) while 290 are from DSSC and the appointment requiring executive command of troop throughout the army at the level of colonel are 60; the ones that don't require this are 20; so how do they promote!!

The DSSC will always get the short end of the stick and it gets tighter at higher ranks like brigadier general and Major general!!

Plus the bulk of the offices at the level
of Major General require executive command of troops; the ones that don't, will be filled by officers who enjoy sympathy of their colleagues and coursemates that went through the NDA - who hold executive appointments within the military - so because of this, the usual last bus-stop of DSSC officers is Brigadier General - and that is with Favour with both men and God!! Usually Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel is the where most DSSC officers are retired!!

The Standard says DSSC can achieve Major-General but the General Idea is that the last bus stop is Brigadier General!!!

This is where people make mistakes about the military; looking at recruitment related documents most times display the standard, the general idea can only be seen on ground! Either by living in an military environment and carefully observing things like military orders at Provost/MP's, asking question amongst friends/family who are personnel or even taking up a casual Job at a military installation or being a personnel yourself!!
Wow! This is a big piece of information, thanks a lot! Please I will like to talk more with you, could you please inbox me your phone number or hi me on the whatsapp? 07030621236.. Thanks a lot Boss.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Nognome(m): 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
Pls guys, how is it going to be like when i join the Nigeria airforce with just my o'level certificate? And how is the ranking going to be? And maybe salary.... Thanks
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by temple1234: 12:04am On Mar 18, 2016
@Purest indeed I have been following ur explanations abt Nigeria Armed Forces. Please I want to ask Particularly about AirForce: How long is the DSSC training in Airforce?. What is the training allowance? what is their interval of promotion when commisioned as a Flying Officer?. As interested in their Education Directorate, what rank can you reach?. How do they allow an officer to further in Msc nd Phd? Finally what is their salary scale lik?.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by hartrobber: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
temple1234:
@Purest indeed I have been following ur explanations abt Nigeria Armed Forces. Please I want to ask Particularly about AirForce: How long is the DSSC training in Airforce?. What is the training allowance? what is their interval of promotion when commisioned as a Flying Officer?. As interested in their Education Directorate, what rank can you reach?. How do they allow an officer to further in Msc nd Phd? Finally what is their salary scale lik?.
I would like to find out about that too
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hi,

Please I have a few questions I hope this noble audience will help answer. Here goes;
1. What are the other groups/corps/units a DSSC Officer can work in aside from NAF Regiment? Am referring to other units that actually get to see combat unlike say Pay Officer or Admin etc. Similar to how the Army has signals, infantry, artillery, armored etc.
2. Is it possible for an Officer Cadet (DSSC) to be posted straight to NAF Regiment immediately after Passing Out Parade?
3. What changes in your military career if you convert from a DSSC Officer to a Regular Officer? I understand that commanding personnel at an Executive Level is not possible but am also interested in knowing what other difference exist between NDA trained Officer and a DSSC Officer who converted to Regular

Cheers!
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Solomomey: 12:55am On Mar 29, 2016
pls what of a person that is having a first Degree in Industrial Technical Education and he is 24 yr old.any information on that issue pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Official Results Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 As Announced By INEC / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.