Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (187259 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:31am On Aug 11, 2012
kaimastime@gmai:
pls help,i'm a single mother & my niece was d one dat registered 4 me witout adding dat i av a child, it was of late dat he got dat to my notice,but i included everything wen i sent my form to kcc, pls wat do u gays think abt dis

That's too bad. You can only add a new arrival, that is a new born child who was not born at the time of application or a spouse for those who applied as single but now married. Any new additions other these result in outright denial. So sowie!

iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/texttrans/2011/09/20110928181556su0.7082484.html#axzz20oVyNmh4
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 7:35am On Aug 11, 2012
Gentiger:

That's too bad. You can only add a new arrival, that is a new born child who was not born at the time of application or a spouse for those who applied as single but now married. Any new additions other these result in outright denial. So sowie!

Honestly, its very sad.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by pauloman(m): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2012
nifty: hi guys am trying to ask for advice on here,i am a 300l computer science student of a university here in nigeria which means i have 1 more year to have my bachelors but i won the american visa lottery and presently in the us,my plans where to go get my green card then come back to naija to complete my bachelors and then go back to american to compliment it with a masters degree in america nd wld probably be able to get a job here in america,but peeps and student i met here said my naija degree is useless even if i have a masters wiv it that i shld just take a transfer to a university here then continue from there.........and wld have 2 more years to be thru instead of one if i return to naija...............i need some advice

My advice to u is dat u shud not allow ur positive hardwork bak in Nigeria go into drains. U have invested a lot in ur education back in Nigeria so make positive use of it. Fine, u dont really have to come bak to ur sch in naija to finish up but like u have been advised rightly u can transfer ur current credits to ur a sch in the US and continue even if its going to take u 2 more years to finish. This ofcos ensures that ur investment in ur education in naija was not totally wasted. My 2cents to u bro

2 Likes

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gbabe2: 9:27am On Aug 11, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

My dearest Nifty, you are welcome on board.please kindly get settle down and forget about going back to nigeria for that useless certificate.Nigeria university curriculum is nothing to write home about, not to talk of Computer science curriculum.
I totally disagree with you Adesoji.It depends on what d guy in question wants.If he wants to change his course and route(discipline)he can start all over again but if not he should weigh his options.I have some friends that graduated here and did their masters in the US and are gainfully employed.It has to do with individuals as well.For instance,I graduated from the Polytechnic of Ibadan,I am an ACCA qualified chartered Accountant,I am a Certified Information System Auditor(CISA),a Certified Internal Auditor(CIA) and Certified forensic Accountant(CrFA) and just won dis DV lottery.Does that mean I can't get a good job in America?Bros,he needs to work on himself,improve himself and make a choice.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2012
Gentiger: Gentiger is back!!! Hey guys, what gave I been missing...Miss all my peeps in the house. Roaaaaarrrrr!
U highly welcom. No authectication again ooooo. How was exam?.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 9:56am On Aug 11, 2012
Bussyme: U highly welcom. No authectication again ooooo. How was exam?.

LOLZZ grin
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 10:41am On Aug 11, 2012
Abi ohhhh
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by zayjay: 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
pls im new here. I wnt obtain dv 2014 form. Iv checked it onlne n its like d form is goin 2 b onlne by september. Pls i nd your suggestion. Shld i feel d form myself on lne or fil it through private org. Like jonathan king. If u chose private, kndly tel me ch is d best. Wish al dv 2012 luck
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by hunterblue: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
@ Flobzy4real

House:
My sorry is so pathetic. Our visa had been approved and printed for collection. But my husband had a case with Special Fraud Unit of which I got to know at the embassy after interrogation with them. We were sent to SFU and the embassy say only if they will get a good report about the case then they will proceed from there. I was so disappoint in my Husband because we would had collected a court dismissed on the case on the date of the interview.
Please pray for us so that a good report can be forwarded to the embassy

Hope you don't mind telling us more about what happened what did you husband do wrong that make them refer you guys to the SFU.... if you don't mind and let see what other things we can tell you to do pending your waiting time...
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by akaniman: 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2012
@tannytemmy,adesojiaderemi and others that have had their successful interviews in the past.Which cloth is more appropriate for husband and wife to wear,to the visa interview?Is it formal(as in suit,tie and shirt)Or informal(anything u wish).Tks and God bless u all.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
zayjay: pls im new here. I wnt obtain dv 2014 form. Iv checked it onlne n its like d form is goin 2 b onlne by september. Pls i nd your suggestion. Shld i feel d form myself on lne or fil it through private org. Like jonathan king. If u chose private, kndly tel me ch is d best. Wish al dv 2012 luck
DV 2014 will open online on the 2nd of Oct not Sep and You DO NOT, again you DO NOT need an attorney or an agent to fill
out the form for you. The application form only asks for your name date of birth sex (male or female) the name of the town where you were born the name of the country where you were born your photograph your street address your email address (you don't have to give it) your phone number (you don't have to give it) your husband's or wife's Name, Date of Birth,
Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth,
Photograph each of your children's Name, Date of Birth,
Photograph That's all. See the application form here: http:// www.dvlottery.state.gov/ and look for the application link.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
brightmon:
DV 2014 will open online on the 2nd of Oct not Sep and You DO NOT, again you DO NOT need an attorney or an agent to fill
out the form for you. The application form only asks for your name date of birth sex (male or female) the name of the town where you were born the name of the country where you were born your photograph your street address your email address (you don't have to give it) your phone number (you don't have to give it) your husband's or wife's Name, Date of Birth,
Photograph each of your children's Name, Date of Birth,
Photograph That's all. See the application form here: http:// www.dvlottery.state.gov/ and look for the application link.
tanx bro
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2012

Bros me, no wahala. Everything went pretty well. But I remain the Authentic Gentiger! Rooaarrr!!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:03am On Aug 12, 2012
Gbabe 2:
I totally disagree with you Adesoji.It depends on what d guy in question wants.If he wants to change his course and route(discipline)he can start all over again but if not he should weigh his options.I have some friends that graduated here and did their masters in the US and are gainfully employed.It has to do with individuals as well.For instance,I graduated from the Polytechnic of Ibadan,I am an ACCA qualified chartered Accountant,I am a Certified Information System Auditor(CISA),a Certified Internal Auditor(CIA) and Certified forensic Accountant(CrFA) and just won dis DV lottery.Does that mean I can't get a good job in America?Bros,he needs to work on himself,improve himself and make a choice.
Thanks

U will surely get a good job(but I doubt a supervisory position) all you need to do is to evaluate your credentials, but our brother in question is still an undergraduate,he can access the best of the best resources here.My brother,Computer science curriculum in Nigeria was last reviewed in 1979(Polytechnic Curriculum):Java is for post graduate student in UI.. bro level of technology has gone beyond Pascal and Algorithm , you took time to build your self in order to remain competitive;average Nigeria student don't have access to fund or believe in re tooling .
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:07am On Aug 12, 2012
Gentiger:

iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/texttrans/2011/09/20110928181556su0.7082484.html#axzz20oVyNmh4

That is the bitter truth.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:15am On Aug 12, 2012
akaniman: @tannytemmy,adesojiaderemi and others that have had their successful interviews in the past.Which cloth is more appropriate for husband and wife to wear,to the visa interview?Is it formal(as in suit,tie and shirt)Or informal(anything u wish).Tks and God bless u all.

Bros, there is no need for Aso-Ebi or rain suit,Just make sure you put on a good outfit,and get your wife a nice one.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:26am On Aug 12, 2012
Gentiger: Gentiger is back!!! Hey guys, what gave I been missing...Miss all my peeps in the house. Roaaaaarrrrr!
are you a lion or a tigerwood

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:15am On Aug 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
are you a lion or a tigerwood

Not really! Just a gentle man with an iconic tiger mascot. Abeg house, anything for Nigerian Lawyers in the US? Is their qualification here in Nigeria of any employment relevance in the US? Aderemi your input is needed.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:49am On Aug 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Bros, there is no need for Aso-Ebi or rain suit,Just make sure you put on a good outfit,and get your wife a nice one.
grin grin grin
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Ibadiarann(m): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2012
Good day, has anyone ever bEen selected in October after the results of the lottery had been released earlier in the year. Is the October selection realy worth waiting for? Comments please. Thanks.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 8:58am On Aug 12, 2012
Ibadiarann: Good day, has anyone ever bEen selected in October after the results of the lottery had been released earlier in the year. Is the October selection realy worth waiting for? Comments please. Thanks.
America is not Nigeria, if they say more will be selected in Oct, they will be. Just pray u are among those to be selected. Keep ur fingers ............ And good luck.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by masterfarm: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2012
brightmon:
America is not Nigeria, if they say more will be selected in Oct, they will be. Just pray u are among those to be selected. Keep ur fingers ............ And good luck.

they used the word 'more may be selected' not 'will be selected'. Those people are very careful the way they use words. We can only hope for the best come october first.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
Gentiger:

Not really! Just a gentle man with an iconic tiger mascot. Abeg house, anything for Nigerian Lawyers in the US? Is their qualification here in Nigeria of any employment relevance in the US? Aderemi your input is needed.

If you study law in a country with a different legal system than the US you can still become a lawyer, but the process is longer.

If you have a legal education from the proper country, you can sit for the bar exam in almost every US state (Louisiana is different) and become a lawyer with no problem. You do not need to be a US citizen to practice law as long as you meet the other requirements of that state.

There is no "national" bar exam to take so keep that in mind. Every state has it's own licensing requirements. A license in one state will usually transfer to other states but it's not automatic. If you want to practice in New York and practice law there, you can't go to Los Angeles and try cases without going through the California bar.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
masterfarm:

they used the word 'more may be selected' not 'will be selected'. Those people are very careful the way they use words. We can only hope for the best come october first.
If you have noticed of which i have, most case no i have seen are low case no, which there interviwe will be btw oct and feb. So were are the high case no which there interviwe may be btw feb and sep. Hope u understand my point?
So by the above explanation, i honestly believe more WILL be selected.
Personal opinion ohhhhhh.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by zayjay: 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
temmytanny: tanx bro
thank you so much 4 d info. Al d best.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

If you study law in a country with a different legal system than the US you can still become a lawyer, but the process is longer.

If you have a legal education from the proper country, you can sit for the bar exam in almost every US state (Louisiana is different) and become a lawyer with no problem. You do not need to be a US citizen to practice law as long as you meet the other requirements of that state.

There is no "national" bar exam to take so keep that in mind. Every state has it's own licensing requirements. A license in one state will usually transfer to other states but it's not automatic. If you want to practice in New York and practice law there, you can't go to Los Angeles and try cases without going through the California bar.

Well said. Thanks Aderemi. We're all waiting for the 15th. It's well.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by hunterblue: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
WHY NO COMMENT ON THE SITE WHERE ARE D PEOPLE WHO GOT A SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW....
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by kunlexy2012: 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
1.Dear NL,our interview date is Sept.4th,2012(my wife,2 kids and myself).My wife is the principal but i av an official assignment to the Eastern part from 1st to 5th,Sept.Kindly advise on how we can shift the appointment date by 3 0r 4days.
2.My wife has NECO,GCE and (NCE) as her highest qualification.Where do you think we should expect the likely questions from?Do we really need to go to the interview with our courtship pictures because we dont really av those pictures?Thanks for ur usual encouragement.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
kunlexy2012: 1.Dear NL,our interview date is Sept.4th,2012(my wife,2 kids and myself).My wife is the principal but i av an official assignment to the Eastern part from 1st to 5th,Sept.Kindly advise on how we can shift the appointment date by 3 0r 4days.
2.My wife has NECO,GCE and (NCE) as her highest qualification.Where do you think we should expect the likely questions from?Do we really need to go to the interview with our courtship pictures because we dont really av those pictures?Thanks for ur usual encouragement.

Go with any photos of u and her and the family. Pls do not reschedule, time is running out.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
hunterblue: WHY NO COMMENT ON THE SITE WHERE ARE D PEOPLE WHO GOT A SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW....

People get from the community and do not see any need to plough back. Such is how we are!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by kunlexy2012: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2012
Thanks for ur quick reply but, i also need ur reply on question 2.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
kunlexy2012: Thanks for ur quick reply but, i also need ur reply on question 2.

Questions could come from NECO's best subjects and NCE's. If they ask her what she is doing, pls do not say Fashion and design. I don't know what she is doing, I guess teaching is most appropriate. So let her refresh on the O'level and NCE, you won't be asked much as ur union is beyond doubt. Any other concern? Please come back here to share and enrich others.All the best!

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (92)

Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.