Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (187580 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
kunlexy2012: 1.Dear NL,our interview date is Sept.4th,2012(my wife,2 kids and myself).My wife is the principal but i av an official assignment to the Eastern part from 1st to 5th,Sept.Kindly advise on how we can shift the appointment date by 3 0r 4days.
2.My wife has NECO,GCE and (NCE) as her highest qualification.Where do you think we should expect the likely questions from?Do we really need to go to the interview with our courtship pictures because we dont really av those pictures?Thanks for ur usual encouragement.
@ferdii has answered all your questions but please please dont postpone your interview date ooooo Sept 2012 is the last month for 2012 DV applicants. Though they might give you another date bt What if you rescheduled and you are told no more visa available? Think about it bro...

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by kunlexy2012: 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
Thanks so much. She was actually teaching but presently working with a big supermarket on island as a Cashier.Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
kunlexy2012: 1.Dear NL,our interview date is Sept.4th,2012(my wife,2 kids and myself).My wife is the principal but i av an official assignment to the Eastern part from 1st to 5th,Sept.Kindly advise on how we can shift the appointment date by 3 0r 4days.
2.My wife has NECO,GCE and (NCE) as her highest qualification.Where do you think we should expect the likely questions from?Do we really need to go to the interview with our courtship pictures because we dont really av those pictures?Thanks for ur usual encouragement.

My dear bro,pls u can cancel ur official assignment and do go for the interview. Cos just like temmytanny have said,if u postpone the interview there is no assurance that u will get another interview date o. Pls i take God beg u o....
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
kunlexy2012: Thanks so much. She was actually teaching but presently working with a big supermarket on island as a Cashier.Thanks once again.

Okay she says she taught before and now works as a cashier.Please do not reschedule...you may be handing over your visas to another person.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
temmytanny:
@ferdii has answered all your questions but please please dont postpone your interview date ooooo Sept 2012 is the last month for 2012 DV applicants. Though they might give you another date bt What if you rescheduled and you are told no more visa available? Think about it bro...

WORD.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
jack_syno:

Honestly, its very sad.

What about she claims the kid just died and still proceed only her?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by kunlexy2012: 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
Thanks so much for all ur response.I av gained a lot from this forum,may God the Almighty be with everyone of us.This forum is blessed with positive minded people who are always ready to help.Pls,dont relent on ur efforts of putting smiles on faces of people that are confused on some certain things.Pray for us to av a successful interview come Sept.4th.Thanks for all ur encouragements.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by sashaa(f): 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
packaging: Bro&Sis on nairaland... Pls help me pray n wish me success as I eagerly await to be selected by october... I dnt want to be a failure no more.... Favor me o' Lord
amen, me too! Our faith will produce

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
ferdiii:

I'm not sure that's a good idea. There was a case of a ghanaian family who couldn't pay d visa fees for the entire family of just three and they had to pay for two excluding d kid and I remember d CO telling the lazy(who's the principal applicant) that she will have to wait a few years without the kid..

So my advice to her is she can leave the baby with her mother (that's if she most move) and come back years after for d baby or work out other ways of reuniting with the baby legally after a few years - such a hard decision leaving one's baby behind for a few years, but I must say its certainly better than saying she lost d baby
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2012

Bro, if u must reschedule anything, it should be your official assgnment o! Visas dey decrease by d day o!

Questions might come from her favourite subjects. Nothing really tough I suppose.

Get as much pix as u can by way of establishing your relationship before and after your marriage. So long your marriage is authentic, I'm almost certain you have nothing to worry about.

We have d same interview date. Goodluck to us!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
jack_syno:
I'm not sure that's a good idea. There was a case of a ghanaian family who couldn't pay d visa fees for the entire family of just three and they had to pay for two excluding d kid and I remember d CO telling the lazy(who's the principal applicant) that she will have to wait a few years without the kid..

So my advice to her is she can leave the baby with her mother (that's if she most move) and come back years after or work out ways of reuniting with her legally after a few years - such a hard decision I must say but certainly better than saying she lost d baby

I know that and that was in Ghana...we get the harshest decisions here. I think she can just go without the kid and claim low cash. It might work.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 11:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
ferdiii:

I know that and that was in Ghana...we get the harshest decisions here. I think she can just go without the kid and claim low cash. It might work.

Be it in Ghana or else where, there laid down procedures COs do adhere to.

That's a bright one!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 12:10am On Aug 14, 2012
My major worry now is which of the two hospitals to use for my Medicals as one is not really making much sense when I called and was asking question; and the other that responded well to my questions was saying for my wife and I, we be charged 31k each - assuming we don't have previous medical records.
And for kids (both less than 5yrs) 40k+ each - assumming they lack medical records as well.
That with immunization records and all that, the amount could reduce. I was infact advice I visit the hospital to determine what examinations I need carry out to determine d exact amount.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:34am On Aug 14, 2012
jack_syno:

So my advice to her is she can leave the baby with her mother (that's if she most move) and come back years after for d baby or work out other ways of reuniting with the baby legally after a few years - such a hard decision leaving one's baby behind for a few years, but I must say its certainly better than saying she lost d baby
But she must state it in her forms that she has a baby or else they will not give the baby in future
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:53am On Aug 14, 2012
jack_syno: My major worry now is which of the two hospitals to use for my Medicals as one is not really making much sense when I called and was asking question; and the other that responded well to my questions was saying for my wife and I, we be charged 31k each - assuming we don't have previous medical records.
And for kids (both less than 5yrs) 40k+ each - assumming they lack medical records as well.
That with immunization records and all that, the amount could reduce. I was infact advice I visit the hospital to determine what examinations I need carry out to determine d exact amount.
you can any of the two hospitals,the price difference wont be more than 2k
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:48am On Aug 14, 2012
ferdiii:

What of a corresponding death certificate to that effect? What of the usual investigations the embassy do run to verify claims? Caution him to thread carefully. Any lies could have overwhelming consequences.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 14, 2012
Gentiger:

What of a corresponding death certificate to that effect? What of the usual investigations the embassy do run to verify claims? Caution him to thread carefully. Any lies could have overwhelming consequences.

Okay, we are just darting on ideas. What do you think she should do?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2012
ferdiii:

Okay, we are just darting on ideas. What do you think she should do?

Really it's dicey. Lying or falsification is not an option. She stands a better chance to tell the truth and face the consequences than lie, get caught and get penalized. Pls can you refer me to the page where her original query could be found? I'll be better equipped to give a reasonable opinion if I see it as it really is. Thanks.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
temmytanny: I should be more worried than you when it comes to getting job in US because am going with my family of which i must look for work withing weeks to feed them. But with my level of experience in telecoms, oil and gas and B.Eng in agric engineering. I think i will get a job even if its not good at the beginning.
Dont let job search worry you now. NO matter what,u will sure see one that would pay atleast $5 an hour.
Your concern now is passing the interview.

minimum wage is even $7.50/hr my bros,faith works wonder.Have faith in God.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
Gentiger:

Really it's dicey. Lying or falsification is not an option. She stands a better chance to tell the truth and face the consequences than lie, get caught and get penalized. Pls can you refer me to the page where her original query could be found? I'll be better equipped to give a reasonable opinion if I see it as it really is. Thanks.

Check page 63.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
ferdiii:

Check page 63.

Kaimastime@gmail.com I suppose. I remember commenting on that case. Really if you follow strictly the American immigration Law in respect to DV lottery, that case is a no case submission. What that means it failure ab-initio. You can't import facts where none exists. Writing KCC to say you mistakenly added a child which didn't exist at the time of application and under the circumstances described is sufficient grounds for denial. Well if they have the cash to spear, let them give it a push.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
Gentiger:

Kaimastime@gmail.com I suppose. I remember commenting on that case. Really if you follow strictly the American immigration Law in respect to DV lottery, that case is a no case submission. What that means it failure ab-initio. You can't import facts where none exists. Writing KCC to say you mistakenly added a child which didn't exist at the time of application and under the circumstances described is sufficient grounds for denial. Well if they have the cash to spear, let them give it a push.

MY FRIEND HAD SAME EXPERIENCE LAST YEAR,HIS BROTHER ENTERED DV 2011 FOR HIM WITHOUT INDICATING THEIR THREE CHILDREN,MY FRIEND WAS ADVISED BY ONE OF THE AGENT ON THE TOP OF COCOA HOUSE IN IBADAN(I DONT WANT TO MENTION NAME) HE WAS DENIED BASED ON THAT MISTAKE AFTER SPENDIND A LOT OF MONEY.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

MY FRIEND HAD SAME EXPERIENCE LAST YEAR,HIS BROTHER ENTERED DV 2011 FOR HIM WITHOUT INDICATING THEIR THREE CHILDREN,MY FRIEND WAS ADVISED BY ONE OF THE AGENT ON THE TOP OF COCOA HOUSE IN IBADAN(I DONT WANT TO MENTION NAME) HE WAS DENIED BASED ON THAT MISTAKE AFTER SPENDIND A LOT OF MONEY.

Their policy on none disclosure of material facts is very clear. They are very strict in enforcing it. It's better they save the cash for better things.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
I THINK WE CAN LEARN FROM THIS:
A LADY WAS NAMED SHERIFAT XXXXX BY HER PARENT, WHEN SHE GOT AN ADMISSION TO SCHOOL CHANGED HER NAME TO SHESY XXXX,
ALL HER CERTIFICATE BEARS SHERIFAT XXXXX.
WHEN SHE GOT MARRIED SHE USED SHESY XXXX ON HER WEDDING CERTIFICATE,
SHE ENTERED FOR 2004 DV WITH SHESY YYYY AND WON WITH HER HUSBAND AND THEIR KIDS.
SHE GOT INVITATION FOR INTERVIEW AND THE CO ASK FOR HER CREDENTIALS,THE NAMES ON HER CREDENTIALS IS SHERIFAT XXXX, HER CURRENT NAME IS NOW MRS SHESY YYYY, HER MAIDEN NAME DISSAPEARED COMPLETELY WITHOUT A CORRESPONDING DOCUMENT.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

so whats your advice for the person?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
temmytanny: so whats your advice for the person?

You just got it from me.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
temmytanny: so whats your advice for the person?

BASE ON MY HUMAN REASONING I THINK HE SHOULD BACK OFF,IT IS CLEARLY WRITTEN IN THE DV 2013 GUIDE THAT THEY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISTAKE MADE BY YOUR AGENT OR ANY PERSON ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF.I ALSO READ IT ON ONE OF THE PRESS RELEASE BY US EMBASSY IN NIGERIA. BUT IF HE/SHE HAS SOME NONEY TO DICE WITH HE CAN GIVE IT A TRIAL.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

BASE ON MY HUMAN REASONING I THINK HE SHOULD BACK OFF,IT IS CLEARLY WRITTEN IN THE DV 2013 GUIDE THAT THEY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISTAKE MADE BY YOUR AGENT OR ANY PERSON ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF.I ALSO READ IT ON ONE OF THE PRESS RELEASE BY US EMBASSY IN NIGERIA. BUT IF HE/SHE HAS SOME NONEY TO DICE WITH HE CAN GIVE IT A TRIAL.

That's not different from what I advised. We all learn from each other.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Thanks, i believe the person is reading this post now
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
jack_syno:

Be it in Ghana or else where, there laid down procedures COs do adhere to.

That's a bright one!

It is not true.........why were we advising someone last time to stick to US Embassy, London?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
ferdiii:

It is not true.........why were we advising someone last time to stick to US Embassy, London?

Well, to an extent I see where u are coming from. But if I must say,I guess we are talking about the inclusion of a baby that wasn't in the DV application and I made reference to a case in Ghana.
Well, I believe be it in Naija, Ghana or London, adding someone not in ur original DV application is a good ground for visa refusal.
Yes COs might be 'soft' in their dealings with applicants in certain countries but that doesn't get them off the simple but very strict rules.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 15, 2012
jack_syno:

Well, to an extent I see where u are coming from. But if I must say,I guess we are talking about the inclusion of a baby that wasn't in the DV application and I made reference to a case in Ghana.
Well, I believe be it in Naija, Ghana or London, adding someone not in ur original DV application is a good ground for visa refusal.
Yes COs might be 'soft' in their dealings with applicants in certain countries but that doesn't get them off the simple but very strict rules.

So what is your advice to this woman? I think they will throw her out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (92)

Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries ***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.