Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless (1138 Views)

Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid / Full Time Laravel or Symfony Framework Php/js Developers Are Urgently Needed / Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by LikeAking: 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
I observed what ever JS skill one has acquired is likely going to be a waste, when u about learning React.

So all the V-JS and J Query skills will just waste like that?

Why are React code longer? A library surpose elp us write shorter or even no code .

Why is React like this?

How did you guys overcome this temptation?

2 Likes

Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by jbreezy: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
LikeAking:
I observed what ever JS skill one has acquired is likely going to be a waste, when u about learning React.

Why are React code longer? A library surpose elp us write shorter or even no code .

Why is React like this?

Are you kidding me? You can't write codes in react without knowing javascript well now
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by LikeAking: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
jbreezy:

Are you kidding me? You can't write codes in react without knowing javascript well now

U know what I am saying na.

Even ppl wey know JS well dey complain.

If have used React u know it's diff.
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by qtguru(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
LikeAking:

Why is React like this?

With time, you will write long code, no employer will hire one to come and write short code for plenty money.

2 Likes

Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by jesmond3945: 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
If you know js well, you no sabi complain about react. React dey use some other logic to manipulate the dom using idea of components make your images and texts render well. You Just understand the logic and data structure. Dey even get one wey pass react called THREE. That one dey scatter animation na still javascript.
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by VitoriaAcerta: 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
LikeAking:

Why is React like this?

It's not. You will still need your Javascript.
Aside DOM manipulation, you'll have to deal with arrays, objects and other computational tasks.

1 Like

Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
React is beautiful sweet and easy to grasp

You'll find it confusing only if you decide to use shortcorts

That is, you fail to learn ES5 And ES6 before diving into it like stray monkey

Nothing much to learn in react self... Just remember special closing tags on inputs and images etc.

Learn useState and Useffect. As these are the hooks you'll often use.

Use functional based components as class base may confuse you as a beginner.

Learn object destructuring before jumping into react
Learn How .map() array method works.

Learn how Props works.

Learn Context api ( fairly easy to grasp but hassle in setting it up)

At first Props may confuse you... Like it's likely or will surely confuse you at first.... Especially if you're passing it from one component to another in different directories.

Also... Use a good resource to study.

Sometimes you get confused if you don't really like the flow on your instructor.

Google Schrimba React beginner course and follow it.

Thank me later

4 Likes

Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by lordally(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2022
jesmond3945:
If you know js well, you no sabi complain about react. React dey use some other logic to manipulate the dom using idea of components make your images and texts render well. You Just understand the logic and data structure. Dey even get one wey pass react called THREE. That one dey scatter animation na still javascript.

Can you recommend a video course on the THREE??
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by lordally(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by jesmond3945: 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
lordally:

Can you recommend a video course on the THREE??
just go their site and read documentation. There is no standard course.

1 Like

Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by VitoriaAcerta: 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2022
jesmond3945:
just go their site and read documentation. There is no standard course.

I don't think this will help OP.
I'll suggest he goes to youtube and search for React full courses or tutorials 2022.
It's easier coding along with explanations than reading a documentation as a beginner.
My 2 cents
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by bularuz(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
How can you learn React without knowing javascript first? Is that even possible
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by jesmond3945: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
VitoriaAcerta:

I don't think this will help OP.
I'll suggest he goes to youtube and search for React full courses or tutorials 2022.
It's easier coding along with explanations than reading a documentation as a beginner.
My 2 cents
he meant THree js
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by Naijatask: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
bularuz:
How can you learn React without knowing javascript first? Is that even possible

Yeah if you want to suffer for the next 600years, you can start learning react before JavaScript
Re: Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless by VitoriaAcerta: 11:15am On Jun 17, 2022
jesmond3945:
he meant THree js

Oh, missed that.
Thanks for bringing it to my notice grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Accountability Partner To Study Data Structures And Algorithm With. / Help In Deploying My Java .exe File With Jvm / Logging In Problem: I'm Using Php And Mysql

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.