Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (85549 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by obontami: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

He grilled them.

Wicked!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Enny2013(f): 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tolexander:
I wanted to mention Portable, but you said musician
LOL... Wetin Portable be,abeg?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Chidi2022: 7:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
SenatePresdo:
The only Musician that can't handle fame is Burna Boy, I love his songs.

But the distance between Burna boy and sense is like the distance between Tinubu's hand and A Flag.
LMAO.... You are very 'wucked'..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by DSoj(m): 7:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
This garbage is on FP?
Dear writer, go back to school, learn how to write proper simple English sentences before you think you are qualified to judge people.

This write up stinks

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by austin4real(m): 7:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
Where did you put Sean Tizzle.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nongovernmental: 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
KiNg0G:
The goal of every celebrity is to be at the top and remain there for as long as they could, some did, some tried but couldn't... while some just let go of the fame and move to other meaningful businesses of their choice

here are my top 5 countdown celebrity that couldn't handle fame

kOREDE BELLO

it's one thing to be talented and another to be prince charming.. kOREDE is an artist I won't say is that talented, he started young, signed to mavin with one of the most hotest hit single in nigeria of all time GOD WIN,. to the point his name was even changed to it. like they say one hit can keep you in the music business.. he had the fame all through that years just because of that song but too bad he couldn't capitalize on it, an opportunity alot of musicians are looking for till today.
even though is name will always ring a bell on our ears but his recent songs may not.

Mr, Eazi

when Eazi came out 2014, 2015 the whole industry shooked, wondering who is this wonder kid almost an extent he was dragged by two african countries, nigeria and ghana.
the nigeria born singer who spent quite some time of his life living in ghana was so talented with his thick voice and when he goes "high pitch" on a song they is way he does it till today I still haven't seen any artist that sound so "emotional" like the early mr Eazi sorta like post malone.. Dude was so different, came with a unique style and won next rated the following year unopposed, he even helped revived terry G career through a feature skin tight. it's so painful we don't know why he couldn't keep up, the only thing we knew is that he was dating a billionaire daughter. listening to his latest song this year Legalise, I shaked my head, this man still has it but lost the one thing that matters alot the "fame"

lil kesh

kesh is the reason why I don't blame mayorkun for sticking with davido all through this year's. maybe if he didn't leave olamide so soon he won't have turned to an upcoming artist. his genre of music has been filled by his kind with like of zlanta, naira marley, poco lee and the recent wave on the street portable. kesh had the fame but he couldn't handle it due to the path he chosed.

BLACK FACE

This man doesn't need an intro, he's been sympathised with all through the years by fans, friends and families (fff) for been a victim of a song robbery, african queen stolen by 2face.. he had the fame to renovate himself all through the years and make a comeback but unfortunately he couldn't, been the pillar of the defunct group plantation boys in the early 2000s, he had it all but a mismanagement of fame didn't really help. All he does to cry for a lost treasure and funny enough nigeria's don't take him serious no more. he caused it with his own hands.

ICE PRINCE
ZAmani, the man who made alot of nigerias love rap music. the oleku singer who was signed to choc city label became among the top artist making wave at that time within a short period of time. he was so loved as he brought series of rap hit singles, from been feature in samklef noni, superstar, to juju badman!....but all that begin to changed when he dived into doing what other artists were doing (party jam) just to please nigerias. to me that was the begining of his downfall.
he was known to be a rapper, why sing? if nigerias wants to listen to party jams they have wizkid for that, they have davido and alot of other musicians for that, he should have held his own which was hip-hop and by now he would have been a legend like his mentors before him, mi, ruggedman, eedris,naeto c.
though the last time we heard from him was a feature he got on "I like your waist in particular" which was a mega hit but ever since then nothing. ice Prince just couldn't handle fame, sometimes I wondered what really happened to him.

Note: King0G is no blogger but a music lover!
thank you

All these guys have handled Their FAME in Their Own Respective Ways.

Nothing can be constant.

Everything Changes.

They are All doing well in the various niches which they have invested themselves into.

So. The Titlebof Your Subject is Demeaning and Inhumans

This is not what is needed for National Development.

What Can We as Youths Achieve Greatly as Nigerians through their FAME ?

That's what INTEGRATION and UNITY should be about. There's no need for Shaming Their Musical Careers if They Decided To Navigate Towards Other Investments of Themselves.

Integrate.

Just like I'm well Integrated with Naira Marley through The Creation of Naira Marley Coin (NMC) built on The Ethereum Blockchain which is an Entertainment Empowerment Coin I'm utilizing to Financially Empower Nigerian Youths Through The Agricultural Movement of Non-Perishable Food Items (Palm Oil and Garri) from The Rural Farmgates in The Villages to The Urban Markets in The Cities.

So, please: Let's Try To Develop Societal Empowering Initiatives By Leveraging on The FAME of Our Musical Celebrities.

It is your ULTIMATE PLUG To Financial Wealth if You Know Your Onions and Do What is Right.

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Minjim: 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
What ofSmall Doctor?
Tolexander:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Kayclite: 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
I think their time has passed. Usually Nigeria musicians don't maintain their fame for long because they don't have real musical ideas, their music majorly Yoruba oriented and are only enjoyed in the most popular Lagos and Yoruba people as well as the mentally lame folks Nationwide so other musicians just come with the same Yoruba love noise and people abandon the old ones for them so even the new guys trending for you all now will soon fade out. I am yet to listen to all my Kendrick Lamar albums, J.cole albums, Drake, Tyga, all the uncountable 2pac doets, Jay z, fabulous, J.rock, ASAP Rocky, school boy q, Bryson tiller etc I'm yet to enjoy them to my satisfaction so what the hell will Naija artists and their Yoruba gibberish songs about bitches be doing on my playlists? The lame ducks are popular because majority of the masses are so dumb i guess, my country people love to make stupid lame musicians popular because the trash they dish out corresponds with the mentality of an average Naija youth.

True sha. Why Naija music (especially the current ones) don't stand the test of time is because its mostly meaningless jargons usually centered around fake and materialistic love, and many times about woman's backside.
No moral story to tell. Can only inspire a mad man to keep being mad.
Basically, just hype music for the clubs. When the dopamine of the song dies down, you jump to the next dopamine booster which is another meaningless jargon and beat.

There are some that were good.
I personally like Timaya's first album.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Fucklove(m): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

He grilled them.
Verywickedman grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ayanbaba2(m): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
liverpudian9:
All did guys are community carnival musician , they have been relegated like stoke city and their career looks like roman pavluchenko that guy that boomed in euro 2012 and scored two goals in Tottenham and was sent back to Russian league grin grin grin
I think he scored one great goal against Algeria in 2014 WC?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Generalwoodz(m): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
Lilfire:
The mistake most of dis guys do is after some time they travel out of the country and spend so much time there doing nothing to help there career forgetting naija is were it all began, we have the numbers, do a research about this and you will find out most of them travel out and spend time doing nothing about there career at some point when they are supposed to keep doing the hard work, God bless Davido

You're damn right. Remaboy could afford to get educated in any of the world's elite colleges/unis but choosed unilag, only because Nigeria is were his shop's located

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by GoodIsGod: 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
Shooter Boy who calls himself Burna boy is the grand Fada of them all. He has gloriously added Shooting at Sight to his carrier.

Very anyhow person

Shior

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by xtremeTall(m): 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
True
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by obontami: 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
decent2:
Abeg make help me,make I chop I be student oo Fidelity bank 6011407259

Oga, drop that phone. Go carry block for site.

Lazy Nigerian youth! Ole ole!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Allisgud: 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
paulolee:
wat of W4, Kas beats, durella, chuddi K, kelly handsome, sean tizzle, jesse jagz...omor d list long pass this o..
na dt sean tizzle own pain me pass...I remembered wen he won barna boy in headies next rated award n took d car simply bcoz sean tizzle uncle owns beat FM n was well connected and also barna wasnt mtn artist dt do sponsor headies back den..
burna vex leave dt venue dt day bcoz he was a clear winner, hits like yawa dey and run my race were. buzzing all clubs..
years letta, burna don win grammy n headies next rated don turn pastor.....rubbish
see life o,the BURNA boy wey no win headies then come collect Grammy,I know anytime burna see seantizle him go remember wayback and smile
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by obontami: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
Dangrace01:

Shuku shuku bam bam was a classic

Forget the info. Phenom verse was d best. His was better than phyno nd falz

Phenom will stand toe to toe with any Nigeria rapper when it comes to flow. He's that bad!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by obontami: 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2022
hatawec710:
Hfh

Scammer, go find work. Idiot!
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Benesis: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2022
Starboytwo:
I’m still out here looking for “Phenom”

That guy was a very dope arz rapper, just disappeared. I remember he was them mochedda label mate in knighhouse back then(maybe wrong)

I still remember one of his track “murder dem”

You've not heard TKG fam, Phenom is my all time favorite Nigerian rapper

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Johnny147147: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2022
anungangampu:
Took words out of my mouth. Those two shouldnt be there. They already past their time

I'm surprised bruv... Why didn't he listed the likes of Daddy Showkey, African China et al?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by GoodIsGod: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2022
DSoj:
This garbage is on FP?
Dear writer, go back to school, learn how to write proper simple English sentences before you think you are qualified to judge people.

This write up stinks

English Professor. This is not an English school or forum meant only for proper English. He has tried with his English. Nairaland is a fun catching place wether it is Pidgin or proper English, what matters is, was he able to pass the message.

Yes, he was able to do that wonderfully.

Merci boucou

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nongovernmental: 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nongovernmental:

All these guys have handled Their FAME in Their Own Respective Ways.

Nothing can be constant.

Everything Changes.

They are All doing well in the various niches which they have invested themselves into.

So. The Titlebof Your Subject is Demeaning and Inhumans

This is not what is needed for National Development.

What Can We as Youths Achieve Greatly as Nigerians through their FAME ?

That's what INTEGRATION and UNITY should be about. There's no need for Shaming Their Musical Careers if They Decided To Navigate Towards Other Investments of Themselves.

Integrate.

Just like I'm well Integrated with Naira Marley through The Creation of Naira Marley Coin (NMC) built on The Ethereum Blockchain which is an Entertainment Empowerment Coin I'm utilizing to Financially Empower Nigerian Youths Through The Agricultural Movement of Non-Perishable Food Items (Palm Oil and Garri) from The Rural Farmgates in The Villages to The Urban Markets in The Cities.

So, please: Let's Try To Develop Societal Empowering Initiatives By Leveraging on The FAME of Our Musical Celebrities.

It is your ULTIMATE PLUG To Financial Wealth if You Know Your Onions and Do What is Right.

No doubt.

"The Best Investment is On Yourself:"

https://www.nairaland.com/7129969/best-investment-yourself-step-step

However Simple this statement is; Many People do not Utilize This To Enrich Themselves to Their Advantage simply because they don't Comprehend How To Do So.

Well, in short:

This is it.

"Quit CHASING MONEY Helter Skelter with The HUSTLE and STRUGGLE Mentality... Sit Your Ass Down for atleast 2 Weeks to LEARN and EARN from SIMPLE Digital Avenues/Scopes that works.

By now; Some of My Financial Followers already know for sure that I Am Concerned about "Teaching People How To Live SIMPLE as A,B,C".

Life is Too Complicated Already. Don't join in in The COMPLICATIONS.

Do Things Differently from The Way People Do Things. Let it be their life.

Don't Complicate Life. Don't Complicate Your Workings toward Your Learnings and Earnings.

Live Simple. For Life is Simple as A,B,C:

A - Affiliations (Affiliate Marketing & Supplying)

B - Bureaucracies (Bitcoin Arbitrage Bureaucracy and Coins Arbitrage Bureaucracy)

C - CPA Marketing and Charity Givings.

https://www.nairaland.com/7129969/best-investment-yourself-step-step

Invest In Yourself - Digitally.

It is the easiest way you can pull in Funds Across The Globe without Leaving Your House to Go Hustle nor Struggle for Stipends just to ALWAYS Put Food On Your Table.

It is not by HOW HARD You Work; But How WISE (Well, Inquisitive, Smart and Empowering) You work.

So; To Cut The Whole Long Story Short; This Thread is to Educate, Engage, Enlighten and Expand People who are INTERMEDIATES in CPA Marketing.

That's Right.

This thread has been created to Help People Make MILLIONS of Naira through CPA Marketing using Various SCOPES, SYSTEMS and STRATEGIES.

Hence; The Name of The Thread "CPA Marketing Millionaires" for INTERMEDIATES.

So, If You already know what CPA Marketing is All About, and You are Willing To Make Yourself Some MILLIONS of Naira through CPA Marketing; then You can Take Up The FINANCIAL CHALLENGE of Learning, Contributing and Participating on Here.

We are All Here To Uplift Our Financial Lives.

And No Man is an Island.

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Tell me one rapper still making waves in Nigeria apart from those that compromised and started doing Afro-pop like Olamide.

Ice prince didn’t do anything wrong. He just refused to compromise his style. That’s why he as well as others like Mode9 and M.I went the way of the dodo.

The Nigerian masses had a brief flirtation with hip hop but it didn’t last long before they tossed it aside for Afro-pop. That’s why no pure rappers are making it today.

Op and your comments are confused and rubbish

mi is still the best African rapper number one no cap -- followed by nasty c. Black sheriff is also very hot right now.

Mi and Vector still released hit songs last year I'm sure Mi has done one hot song this year stop misyarning

Most of the people op mentioned r alive and well and still releasing good music but it's called five minutes of fame for a reason

nonsense thread

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by fergieboy: 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
ThankGod no one mention vector

Lyrical god

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by VeryWickedGoat: 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
RevolverOcelot:

Thats not what you first said tho. Be calming down. Even this so called acccessory to murder is a reach and you know it. Nothing do Oluwa Burna!

I pray Oluwa Burna does EXACTLY what he did to those two people to you and your brother.

Say Amen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
Joezinho:
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.

-Korede Bello had talent. He could dance and had some good songs. I can mention 3 top artistes today that he was more talented than. He just didn’t have the drive and there’s a limit to how far you can go in music without personal drive, even with all the talent in the world and a monster producer like Don Jazzy. Maybe he had some other plans for his life or another source of income.

- Black face was too loyal to people that were not loyal to him. He practically helped make Tuface a superstar but Tuface did not return the Favour when he got there. Such is life.

- Ice prince stuck to pure rap and the Nigerian masses fell out of love with pure rap. No pure hip hop artiste is really making it big today.

- Lil Kesh I agree with you was always just a fad that was bound to fade away with time. Very much like this Zazu character today.

- Mr Eazy is talented but also very laid back. You can’t blame him. His insurance/back up plan is very obvious for all to see.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by BigYash: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tolexander:
The list never complete without the nigga o grin
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Ihedinuwa69(m): 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
;
Tolexander:
grin tongue grin embarassed
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by flejnr2(f): 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
Were naira marley
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by sonofElElyon: 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
Burna boy
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
I think their time has passed. Usually Nigeria musicians don't maintain their fame for long because they don't have real musical ideas, their music majorly Yoruba oriented and are only enjoyed in the most popular Lagos and Yoruba people as well as the mentally lame folks Nationwide so other musicians just come with the same Yoruba love noise and people abandon the old ones for them so even the new guys trending for you all now will soon fade out. I am yet to listen to all my Kendrick Lamar albums, J.cole albums, Drake, Tyga, all the uncountable 2pac doets, Jay z, fabulous, J.rock, ASAP Rocky, school boy q, Bryson tiller etc I'm yet to enjoy them to my satisfaction so what the hell will Naija artists and their Yoruba gibberish songs about bitches be doing on my playlists? The lame ducks are popular because majority of the masses are so dumb i guess, my country people love to make stupid lame musicians popular because the trash they dish out corresponds with the mentality of an average Naija youth.

Your first sentence is ok the rest shows that you're a bloody idiot. Slave to American rappers many on drugs and destined for jail or early grave.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Maxxim: 8:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
Simping killed Mr Eazi's career, he used to be my fav until he got into the claws of Temmie. What's my concern sef, whatever sails his boat.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by chidonez: 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
val15:
No sugarboy in that list

Sugarboy just sang hola hola and disappeared like not even one single from him again for the past 5yrs

I think that G worldwide label is the problem see the way kizz Daniel left and is now even bigger that the entire G worldwide label

I still wonder if he has retired from music cos I'm not seeing any music from him at all

Even afro music pop no dey play him music again it is that bad

Make emperor geezy free that guy abeg �

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.