Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (85572 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by meobizy(f): 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2022
angelfallz:
Is this advice for Nigerian artists only?
Maybe. I don’t know how things work outside the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by PumpumPrince: 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
meobizy:
These are recent artists. If I mention names, members here will wonder who the people highlighted are.

helo am romantick.please can i sing romanse song for u while am naaaked sir? ...u wunt take looooong wink
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ericmor: 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tifesingz:
This is not about handling fame or all that bs.. music requires a lot of money for promotion and all that, the only thing that’s making them relevant is the help of label with money for promotion and all, the moment they stop being the label favourite or the end of their contract, they appear irrelevant because there’s no money to push the music lifestyle anymore.

Another point is the royalties, we have a lot of artistes that are raking millions of streams monthly without being popular on the media space like that.

So if an artist stop being popular in this modern age, it doesn’t mean they are broke or not cashing out.

Music business ehn, the more you see, the less you know.

kiss Daniel was working for his company because he signed a wrong deal but got over it and looks like he was out but came back stronger. That is what they call pure talent and management of life

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ericmor: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2022
paulolee:
wat of W4, Kas beats, durella, chuddi K, kelly handsome, sean tizzle, jesse jagz...omor d list long pass this o..
na dt sean tizzle own pain me pass...I remembered wen he won barna boy in headies next rated award n took d car simply bcoz sean tizzle uncle owns beat FM n was well connected and also barna wasnt mtn artist dt do sponsor headies back den..
burna vex leave dt venue dt day bcoz he was a clear winner, hits like yawa dey and run my race were. buzzing all clubs..
years letta, burna don win grammy n headies next rated don turn pastor.....rubbish

Sean tizzle is another raw talent but he left the country if not, he will be like kiss Daniel

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Greenbirth: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2022
Banky W
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Theoarhics: 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mr. Eazi is low key making money behind the scene . Cos u don't see them onscreen doesn't mean they aren't doing stuff. I know Mr. Eazi has a lot of good stuff going for him. Incase u didn't know he is more into production now, and also has other business projects his undertaking. He just graduated from Harvard too.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
spartachico:
You gotta to be kidding about mr Eazi ,man took break to run his business and be rich and you say he can’t handle fame
I thought nobody would say this. Mr eazi is a solid businessman his richer than 95% of Nigerian a list artist but he keeps a low profile. Since he started empawaa with some investors it has went ahead to produce some of the brightest talents in the music industry in Africa today. Lot of people don't know jack about him

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by RevolverOcelot(m): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

I pray Oluwa Burna does EXACTLY what he did to those two people to you and your brother.

Say Amen

You know nothing my friend
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by HellVictorinho4(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Dramadiddy:
Who fame help when people like Korede is making nothing less than 100,000 USD in a year on royalties.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by VeryWickedGoat: 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
RevolverOcelot:

You know nothing my friend

Say Amen or shut up
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by RevolverOcelot(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Say Amen or shut up

Your ignorance is daft.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by moneyissweet(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
ID cabasa
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by KiNg0G: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
AfroKnight:
KiNg0G I thought I was going to disagree with your list but it is 100% accurate.
thanks bro
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by YourRealSon(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
That's dice ailes btw
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by VeryWickedGoat: 11:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
RevolverOcelot:

Your ignorance is daft.

Shut up
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by coputa(m): 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
post=113865759:
He murdered 2 people or shot 2 people or his security shot 2 people?! This is new to some of us that comes here only at our leisure time. Please clarify, let Nairalanders know more. Thanks.
They really said that you 're a busy personae..keep it up.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by royalair(m): 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
Starboytwo:
I’m still out here looking for “Phenom”

That guy was a very dope arz rapper, just disappeared. I remember he was them mochedda label mate in knighhouse back then(maybe wrong)

I still remember one of his track “murder dem”
phenom was a god of rap, his punchlines were something else from omo naija, shuku shuku bam bam, ashewo, tkg freestyle, 6foot 7foot ft MI. The guy good

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by placeofallure(f): 12:15am On Jun 17, 2022
Aburada:
One thing I know in Nigeria music industry is that once you fall off, it's always harder to come back no matter how hard you try.

That's why the likes of Wizkid, Olamide and Davido deserve any respect people give them

Especially Olamide. Street music is never my thing but he's ever consistent with hits back to back. I only know one of Davido's songs but I like him the most. I love his personality. Give me Tasha Cobbs, Give me Chandler Moore, Give me Aunty Tope or Yinka, those are my people.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Somebody13: 12:16am On Jun 17, 2022
O.p,u posted T classic, s pics instead of lil kesh.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Diamondbreed: 12:26am On Jun 17, 2022
obembet:
Op the list no complete

Olu maintain
tony Tenula
9ice
Chinwe Ike.. Resonance
Africa China... After crisis.. nothing agai
Djinee.. this one sing ego... And end there.
African China released a couple more hit after crisis, and recently drop a new song for the upcoming elections ... DNT include him in that list .
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by RevolverOcelot(m): 12:27am On Jun 17, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Shut up

Pathetic.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 12:43am On Jun 17, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

You are a bigger villager who crawled out of the gutter if you don’t know Burner Boy has been around since when MI was hot. Even Wizkid blew around the same time as M.I, and Davido blew a few years later. They are all contemporaries in the industry and not two different generations like you making it sound. So why are Burner, David and Wiz still banging 12 years later and MI and Vector aren’t? Doesn’t that indicate the declining audience for hip hop in Nigeria to you?

I know they are still releasing music and getting few spins on the radio BUT they can never make it to that number 1 spot in Nigeria again simply because the market for their style of music just isn’t there anymore. Mumu continue arguing facts with your keyboard.

I can see you're stiill being a village idiot. grin grin

Bleep number one spot nobody is doing competition with you. Is Mariah Carey or 2face still in number one spot like they were when they started.

mi still released several singles last year and this year if they were not number one at least top ten here in Lagos Nigeria's top music market. he released an awesome collabo with vector after 2 years of beef that made waves here.

I'd rather listen to his music any day than any of these afrobeats pangolo singers like Rema kizz etc.

Fyi I think mi came out long before burna boy e t c.

sure Nigerian hip-hop is quite dead but was it ever alive to begin with. that's what makes mi awesome because his music / career is not dead even now, except to tone deaf cretinous villagers like you.

Honestly do we really have any good rappers in Nigeria there are very few. Indigenous rappers r much better than American wannabes.

Mi is African rapper number one. Please go and listen to your pangolo music. Tone-deaf illiterate talking nonsense grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by MENTORCH(m): 12:43am On Jun 17, 2022
Aburada:
One thing I know in Nigeria music industry is that once you fall off, it's always harder to come back no matter how hard you try.

That's why the likes of Wizkid, Olamide and Davido deserve any respect people give them

Yeah Dbanj has tried his best for years to come back, it has been hard. I still respect 2face, he is still relevant, even after 23years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 17, 2022
labi1977:

I can see you're stiill being a village idiot. grin grin

Bleep number one spot nobody is doing competition with you. Is Mariah Carey or 2face still in number one spot like they were when they started.

mi still released several singles last year and this year if they were not number one at least top ten here in Lagos Nigeria's top music market. he released an awesome collabo with vector after 2 years of beef that made waves here.

I'd rather listen to his music any day than any of these afrobeats pangolo singers like Rema kizz etc.

Fyi I think mi came out long before burna boy e t c.

sure Nigerian hip-hop is quite dead but was it ever alive to begin with. that's what makes mi awesome because his music / career is not dead even now, except to tone deaf cretinous villagers like you.

Honestly do we really have any good rappers in Nigeria there are very few. Indigenous rappers r much better than American wannabes.

Mi is African rapper number one. Please go and listen to your pangolo music. Tone-deaf illiterate talking nonsense grin

At this point just shut up because you are revealing your ignorance about Nigerian music the more you speak. For the record, let me tell you I am a big hip hop fan but Nigerians do not appreciate rap music and no pure rap artiste can compete with the top Afro-pop artistes in this country and that’s just the reality of the market weather you like it or not.

We do have very talented rappers; from ice prince to M.I to rugged man to Olamide to Reminisce all the way back to trybes men, ElDee, Da Grin, terry the rap man, Mode9, Falz, Sauce Kid, D’Prince, Phyno, Muna, Teeto Cemos, Sasha. I can go on forever. All of the above either never really blew, faded away or have tweaked their style to incorporate Afro-pop and cater to the current market realities. So you have no idea what you are saying when you say Nigerian hip hop was never alive or we don’t have good rappers. Even Wizkid started as a rapper and did a rap freestyle on Jimmy Jatts jump off which was the first time I saw him in like 2007 mumu. I’m sure you don’t know that.

Rap was hot in Naija until like 2010 when afro-pop really took off and all the rappers started to fade away. Dunce MI first album was in 2008 and it even had Wizkid on it. Wizkid then blew on a few collaborations after that before dropping his own album in 2010 or so. Davido dropped his own two years later in 2012. Burna boy had been releasing mix tapes all this while but never got recognition till he dropped “like to party” in 2012. What’s the difference between 2008 and 2012? Just four years. They all came in around same time brov. But today, 12-16 years later only the ones that stuck to Afro-pop are still making waves. All the rappers have fallen off.

Pls you know nothing about the industry. Just shut up and stop embarrassing yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olx5D_7-fNw

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by lexander(m): 6:41am On Jun 17, 2022
notice write up but change the topic ,couldn't handle fame is completely different from what you're writing about and its misleading.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Dramadiddy(m): 6:59am On Jun 17, 2022
angelfallz:
How do you know?
go and look at his numbers
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Streetdreamx(m): 7:04am On Jun 17, 2022
SenatePresdo:
The only Musician that can't handle fame is Burna Boy, I love his songs.

But the distance between Burna boy and sense is like the distance between Tinubu's hand and A Flag.
I hear say the hand dey shake like hand fan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Streetdreamx(m): 7:05am On Jun 17, 2022
Op you forgot to include inyanya.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ahamadegr8(m): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2022
Joezinho:
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.

Well said Bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by labi1977(m): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

At this point just shut up because you are revealing your ignorance about Nigerian music the more you speak. For the record, let me tell you I am a big hip hop fan but Nigerians do not appreciate rap music and no pure rap artiste can compete with the top Afro-pop artistes in this country and that’s just the reality of the market weather you like it or not.

We do have very talented rappers; from ice prince to M.I to rugged man to Olamide to Reminisce all the way back to trybes men, ElDee, Da Grin, terry the rap man, Mode9, Falz, Sauce Kid, D’Prince, Phyno, Muna, Teeto Cemos, Sasha. I can go on forever. All of the above either never really blew, faded away or have tweaked their style to incorporate Afro-pop and cater to the current market realities. So you have no idea what you are saying when you say Nigerian hip hop was never alive or we don’t have good rappers. Even Wizkid started as a rapper and did a rap freestyle on Jimmy Jatts jump off which was the first time I saw him in like 2007 mumu. I’m sure you don’t know that.

Rap was hot in Naija until like 2010 when afro-pop really took off and all the rappers started to fade away. Dunce MI first album was in 2008 and it even had Wizkid on it. Wizkid then blew on a few collaborations after that before dropping his own album in 2010 or so. Davido dropped his own two years later in 2012. Burna boy had been releasing mix tapes all this while but never got recognition till he dropped “like to party” in 2012. What’s the difference between 2008 and 2012? Just four years. They all came in around same time brov. But today, 12-16 years later only the ones that stuck to Afro-pop are still making waves. All the rappers have fallen off.

Pls you know nothing about the industry. Just shut up and stop embarrassing yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olx5D_7-fNw

idiot stop talking nonsense they faded away because they don't have any content n can barely rap

you are an slowpoke mi still came out long enough before any of these other guys n was big enough before them and I'm telling you that even though you live in a village mi is still ok in Nigeria at least even if he's not number one anymore.

You are really dumb because because you have agreed that rap is not big anymore but you are still arguing nonsense. I'm trying to tell you that most Nigerian wannabe rappers were wack to begin with with weak schoolboy punchlines except indigenous rappers. Don't mention any stupid names for me I can't listen to most of them.

Pangolo lover. Pangolo head.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Dramadiddy(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2022
Tabitha000:
What is royalties?
their earnings online and offline
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 17, 2022
ItisHi:
Big Cap. Is Burnaboy a joke in the UK? cheesy

Go and verify.

No be to dey shout big cap.

Eazi was even bigger than David.

After Lagos to London was released.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.