Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (85664 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
God win was huge. Whether it is one of the biggest hits of all time depends on who you ask.
ppogba:
I stopped reading at the point where the fella who wrote the epistle said GOD WIN is one of the biggest hit of all time.

Indomie critic
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Or Otedola pikin done suck Mr Eazi dick sotey she suck him music career comot.
Zelenskyy:
Mr Eazi don suck Otedola Pikin Toto and forget his music career...
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by 3kay945(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Everyone has their time. Same to football players.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by BENEAMATA: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
OP , musicians' sojourn in their chosen field can best be described by the functions button on the music player that plays their song i.e
Play
Pause
Rewind
Fast forward
Continuous play
Stop
and , erm
EJECT !

Still on music matters , did you know that Bob Marley's father ,"captain " Nouval Marley lived in lagos during his time as a british soldier stationed in the then british colony that was Nigeria ? Now, going by the late music icon's involvement with many a pretty ladies , can we say his dad was doing same in pre-independence lagos nigeria like his son in the seventies? Do you think the jamaican legend has half siblings residing in nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
True but wande coal is not as big as he once was. He shouldn't have left Mavin. As D'banj left, Don Jazzy would have focused on Wande coal
aremz:
The only artist to have fell off and revived their career is wande coal

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2022
Hmmm
i'm not impress with this sh*t u wrote.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Zelenskyy(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2022
angelfallz:
Or Otedola pikin done suck Mr Eazi dick sotey she suck him music career comot.

Lol.... cheesy cheesy

No na guyman suck Otedola Pikin
Red Toto he come forget his music talent inside the Kpekus...

His music talent dey swim like this for the girl Red Kpekus ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
You've made nice points. And I'm happy you bright up T-pain, even though i didn't know he now plays video games.
However, what i want to point out is that, music alone is not enough these days, not only for Nigerian artistes but all over the world. 50cent made more money from a mineral water investment he did, than from rapping, and right now he is neck deep in Hollywood business.
Similar things can be said about Jay-Z too.

chorinurholla:
This don't really sit well to an extent because if we are looking at who all round success, Mr Eazi is one of the most successful musician out there today (yes, some might say otedola's influence, no energy to argue that), but if we look closely into these artistes other dealings and moves, one would see that Eazi is actually a mile afar from many Nigerian artiste which i would attribute to him been a smart and intelligent person. But like your post title suggests 'Fame', you may get away with your context. Not sure big music moguls care much about fame when compared to all round success, likes of Jay Z would careless about fame and rather make the next billion dollar, thats the mental space i see someone like Eazi is operating on And for other artiste, we can't say what is going on for them, it might not just be music. Another example is T-pain, dude makes more money playing video games now than his music, so to each his own, when we see fame, these guys may be seeing peace & success.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Transcriber: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Rahkman:
did this op just compared Mr eazi to post malone?? grin grin
e shock me too cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
labi1977:

You're a villager that's why you don't know the people I mentioned sorry

I don't know which Hole you are living in but in Lagos mi and vector received massive airplay last year and this year for their music. You can't expect mi to be as hot as when he started but honestly his music is better now and more matured. If you are doing well on Lagos airwaves then you are big enough no cap.

Burna is very hot right now you can't compare him to anyone except other top alists but he will lose everything if it continues acting like a fool

You are a bigger villager who crawled out of the gutter if you don’t know Burner Boy has been around since when MI was hot. Even Wizkid blew around the same time as M.I, and Davido blew a few years later. They are all contemporaries in the industry and not two different generations like you making it sound. So why are Burner, David and Wiz still banging 12 years later and MI and Vector aren’t? Doesn’t that indicate the declining audience for hip hop in Nigeria to you?

I know they are still releasing music and getting few spins on the radio BUT they can never make it to that number 1 spot in Nigeria again simply because the market for their style of music just isn’t there anymore. Mumu continue arguing facts with your keyboard.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by BENEAMATA: 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
Elsueno:
Ice Prince, sigh ...d only musician apart from styl plus dat I actually bought thier songs with my own MONEY, like literally bought d original CD's

Oleku! tell me something way I no fit do grin
bought my style plus original cd as well as mike aremu's cd for 800 naira each at lagos island back then . They still play without skipping or pausing till today ! The olufunmi instrumental was it for me then .Nothing like original my brother .
By the way , what's jeremiah gyang been up to ? Talent , that man .
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
grin grin grin
Zelenskyy:

Lol.... cheesy cheesy

No na guyman suck Otedola Pikin
Red Toto he come forget his music talent inside the Kpekus...

His music talent dey swim like this for the girl Red Kpekus ...
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by cybriz82(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2022
Anny505:
Honourable mention

Runtown

Olu maintain

Yung 6ix

Olu maintain na ur mate? angry
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by austinceasar(m): 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
obontami:

I still like phenom till date. He got mad flows-- the metaphors, punchlines and wordplay are fuccking crazy.

He made MI abaga looks like trash on that song; six foot, seven foot.

I've heard 3 of his new singles. Dude is going pop, and that shit sounds like crap. He should still stick to rap shit.

Looks like trash??...like for real?, the same song M.I rapped for like 2:30 and phenom managed 1:30mins

The thing is M.I rap is too intelligent for an average Nigerian... you gotta do some research b4 you understand some of the things he says. But phenom flows are easily relatable and we Nigerians no dey like stress our brains.

P.S: I wanted posting a screenshots of M.I and phenom verses on the said song, but I just decided against it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Calicoe: 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
obembet:
Op the list no complete

Olu maintain
tony Tenula
9ice
Chinwe Ike.. Resonance
Africa China... After crisis.. nothing agai
Djinee.. this one sing ego... And end there.

Djinee came back with ovakill after ego but choc boiz that year stole the shine from him.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
angelfallz:
IMO Adekunle gold and Simi should concentrate on their family.

Lol. And leave their music business? Na who go feed them? They are doing very well both in their family and individual careers

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by angelfallz(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
Isn't Adekunle gold from a rich family?
Patriotic9ja:

Lol. And leave their music business? Na who go feed them? They are doing very well both in their family and individual careers
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by SPAMBOX7: 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
Joezinho:
* Korede Bello never had talent. After dropping "Godwin" Korede has been barren like HumbleSmith..

* Blackface remains one of the most talented artist ever...Dude wrote almost all the songs Plantashun boiz had in their first album..

* Ice murdered his own career. He was one of the pioneers of new school hiphop but he delved into party jams...

* Lil kesh is just a talentless mofo..

* Mr eazi is the worst of them all. He used his mouth to end his career by saying Ghanaian music influenced Nigerian music.
The clown should have gone down on his knees and apologize to every music lover in Nigeria.
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Vinnie2000(m): 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
BENEAMATA:
bought my style plus original cd as well as mike aremu's cd for 800 naira each at lagos island back then . They still play without skipping or pausing till today ! The olufunmi instrumental was it for me then .Nothing like original my brother .
That Olufummi instrumentals is the GREATEST instrumental in the history of Nigerian music!
The song itself is Sensational.
When i see pple hailing Rema, fireboy and co, i just laugh or SMH

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
angelfallz:
Isn't Adekunle gold from a rich family?

Rich family ke? You want him to rely on family money with entitlement mentality to feed his own family? There is difference between "our money" and "my money". They are actually doing very well as couples, family, and their careers. So they are good role models
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by obontami: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
austinceasar:

Looks like trash??...like for real?, the same song M.I rapped for like 2:30 and phenom managed 1:30mins

The thing is M.I rap is too intelligent for an average Nigerian... you gotta do some research b4 you understand some of the things he says. But phenom flows are easily relatable and we Nigerians no dey like stress our brains.

P.S: I wanted posting a screenshots of M.I and phenom verses on the said song, but I just decided against it

Phenom took him to the cleaner in that song. That song gives phenom a lot of recognition. MI raps more minutes because he owns the song, but phenom little verse makes MI abaga looks like a learner on that shit. Facts!!!
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by AfroKnight: 9:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
KiNg0G I thought I was going to disagree with your list but it is 100% accurate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
spartachico:
You gotta to be kidding about mr Eazi ,man took break to run his business and be rich and you say he can’t handle fame

I weak..

Bar wizkid nd David. No Nigerian artist is as big as Eazi in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Vinnie2000(m): 9:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
angelfallz:
God win was huge. Whether it is one of the biggest hits of all time depends on who you ask.
Dont mind dat mofo you quoted!
Godwin was the Biggest Naija song of 2015 and one of the greatest hit songs of all time!
The song ranks top with greats such as African queen, Yahoose, Gongo aso, Ojuelegba, if,etc.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Tayorshd2(m): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tolexander:
I wanted to mention Portable, but you said musician

Am telling u portable too is one of d most useless song singer and not a musician grin
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
chorinurholla:
This don't really sit well to an extent because if we are looking at who all round success, Mr Eazi is one of the most successful musician out there today (yes, some might say otedola's influence, no energy to argue that), but if we look closely into these artistes other dealings and moves, one would see that Eazi is actually a mile afar from many Nigerian artiste which i would attribute to him been a smart and intelligent person. But like your post title suggests 'Fame', you may get away with your context. Not sure big music moguls care much about fame when compared to all round success, likes of Jay Z would careless about fame and rather make the next billion dollar, thats the mental space i see someone like Eazi is operating on And for other artiste, we can't say what is going on for them, it might not just be music. Another example is T-pain, dude makes more money playing video games now than his music, so to each his own, when we see fame, these guys may be seeing peace & success.

Mr. Eazi is a GOAT.

I dey study am like book.

Checkout his doings with Empawa Africa.

Baba understands the real things that matter in life. He's not living anyone's standards but his.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by dkingsman82(m): 9:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
BENEAMATA:

Jeremiah gyang is into music production.
Produced some songs off ice prince last album or so

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Harrykn: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
KiNg0G:

your valid
Aswear... the niqqa no miss
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by ItisHi: 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
emmanuelike:

I weak..

Bar wizkid nd David. No Nigerian artist is as big as Eazi in the UK.
Big Cap. Is Burnaboy a joke in the UK? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by Iykman042(m): 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2022
Cynthia Morgan should be number 3 there. I miss her song especially 'I'm taken'
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by jamilnitrate(m): 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2022
Who has heard of Teckno of recent..
Abi him follow de trend of musician wey run into extinction?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) by playpaz: 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
SenatePresdo:
The only Musician that can't handle fame is Burna Boy, I love his songs.

But the distance between Burna boy and sense is like the distance between Tinubu's hand and A Flag.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / FREE 9ja Beats R&B Beats Hip Hop instrumentals For Your Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.