Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,837 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. (5862 Views)

Who Told Jws That Jesus Is The Arch Angel Michael? / Why Ukraine Calls On Michael The Arch Angel Instead Of Jesus / Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Janosky: 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
marvrick:

Point seven and final point but not the least: I searched diligently in order to prove or disprove this particular claim, I knew how controversial and important it is to know the real truth about this issue. So much depends on it as a Christian.
And to my utter amazement and a bit of horror, I was actually led by an unseen, subtle hand directing my eyes and hands to books of the Bible where two personalities were both simultaneously called God and Maker and Creator of the universe. I was scared! It felt really scary! Like as if this force wanted me to have no doubt in the least about it. And crying, balling my eyes out, I began to turn the pages of the Bible and Lo and behold! Everywhere I turned, my eyes will just fall on a verse that enforces the fact even more clearly than the last mind-numbing verse. All of them strengthening the truth that both Jesus and God are God. For your own confirmation please read the following books with eyes and mind very clear: All of Moses five books, Proverbs, Psalms, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Daniel, Job, Revelation. Everyone of the writers of these books spoke to two different personalities called Lord and LORD. They spoke and regarded both of them as Creator of heaven and earth, the dreaded God. And even more bewildering is where you will come across God speaking and the next instant it is Jesus speaking, all within the same context!

Oga, which chapter and verse in your Bible?

Were the old testament prophets polytheists?

In the spiritual as well as the physical, there is hierarchy.
Two personalities can NOT, NEVER be the Heads simultaneously, whether in the spiritual or physical realms,1 Corinthians 11:3 grin
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Emusan(m): 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Critical thinking skills is not rocket science every cool and calm person can possess it! wink

But you're not cool and calm, so you don't possess it! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Janosky: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
marvrick:

Of course the realization hit me and I wasn't really fine for many days, my system was destabilized. I was in a daze trying to comprehend it all.
It was in this mood that I got a revelation sometime later. It was revealed to me that this is one of the many mysteries of God that even the angels are in awe of. And that the angels were being treated to one of the great mysteries of God through the instrumentality of the atonement/death of Jesus. In order words, God Who made the heavens of heavens will humble Himself, condescend to the lower level of man and allow Himself to be subjected to ridicule and eventual cruel death at the hands of those he came to save. It was the "main event". Nothing in all of the wonders, powers, glory, riches ever known by the angels could compare to this particular mystery: God becoming man and for what? For insignificant man!

So let the warring parties sheath their swords. There's no need to continue fighting. The matter is beyond the realm of intellectualism or mere intelligence. It's a revelation kind of thing. One that has inherent power on its own to make a human very humble indeed. You'll turn to a born again so fast you'll not know what hit you. You'll find yourself weeping unconsolably as you realize how God allowed Himself to be roughhandled by sinful men just because of His love nature! This realization will jarr you to your very bones and you'll see reality/creation in a different light.

Lastly, you will begin to be really free because you know the truth. What is that truth? That God took human form in order to carry out an important assignment that will be of benefit to the human race, an assignment He couldn't delegate to an angel to carry out.

Oga,why would your own revelation be conflicting with the revelation of Jesus Christ @Revelation 3:12 & his confirmation that he is a ministering spirit, @Matthew20:28 & Hebrews 1:14? cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by marvrick: 6:03am On Jun 04, 2023
Janosky:

Oga,why would your own revelation be conflicting with the revelation of Jesus Christ @Revelation 3:12 & his confirmation that he is a ministering spirit, @Matthew20:28 & Hebrews 1:14? cheesy cheesy

Oga you too, how is it conflicting when the 1st, 2nd and 3rd letters of John all tell us that the way to know an Antichrist is the way he denies the Father and Son. Meaning that anyone who calls him/herself a Christian and at the same time denies the incarnation of God or that Jesus came in the flesh(Father and Son) that person is an Antichrist.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by cornelboy(f): 10:21am On Aug 11, 2023
Jokerman:
Only a confused JW will equate Angel Michael to the Lord Jesus Christ
What was Jesus name before he came to earth and was named Jesus?
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Emusan(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2023
cornelboy:

The Word of God!

Can you quote where Jesus was called Michael from Genesis to Revelation?
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Jokerman(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2023
cornelboy:

Did the Bible tell us that?

All we know is that... "He's the word of God, and He's God with us"
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2023
Jokerman:

We don't PREACH it from house to house but that's his REAL IDENTITY so it's only revealed to interested ones who humbly request a home Bible study with us.
The "word of God" simply means the angel who always convey messages from Almighty God to all the other angels that's why one of the fallen angels said to Jesus:

“What have we to do with you, Jesus the Naz·a·reneʹ? Did you come to destroy us? I know exactly who you are, the Holy One of God!” Mark 1:24

Back in heaven when all the angels were with God Jesus is the purest among them that God used to pass information to all the others so all of them knew him as the Holy (Pure) one of God.

That leaves us with another question!

Who could be the Holy one among all other heavenly sons of God apart from the one called the Archangel? Jude :9

Well there are many more scriptural backings pointing to Jesus as the Archangel Michael but if you're not interested in that we will not force it into your head after all there are thousands of sects claiming Christians so if you can find a better performing group than us go and worship with them but in our midst we know the one who has always been standing for the salvation of God's people! Daniel 12:1 smiley
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Jokerman(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

We don't PREACH it from house to house but that's his REAL IDENTITY so it's only revealed to interested ones who humbly request a home Bible study with us.
The "word of God" simply means the angel who always convey messages from Almighty God to all the other angels that's why one of the fallen angels said to Jesus:

“What have we to do with you, Jesus the Naz·a·reneʹ? Did you come to destroy us? I know exactly who you are, the Holy One of God!” Mark 1:24

Back in heaven when all the angels were with God Jesus is the purest among them that God used to pass information to all the others so all of them knew him as the Holy (Pure) one of God.

Who could be the Holy one among all other heavenly sons of God apart from the one called the Archangel? Jude :9

Well there are many more scriptural backings pointing to Jesus as the Archangel Michael but if you're not interested in that we will not force it into your head after all there are thousands of sects claiming Christians so if you can find a better performing group than us go and worship with them but in our midst we know the one who has always been standing for the salvation of God's people! Daniel 12:1 smiley

Who did Archangel Michael call "The Lord" when he rebuked Satan over the body of Moses?
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:36am On Aug 11, 2023
Jokerman:

Who did Archangel Michael call "The Lord" when he rebuked Satan over the body of Moses?

According to the Bible there were two persons referred to as Lord so kindly pick up your Bible and read Psalms 110:1

If you are using the KJV or other versions this is what you will find:

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.Psalms 110:1

So great confusion has set in here because David is apparently talking about two persons.

But let's see how the New World Translation rendered that same verse:

Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” Psalms 110:1

So to answer your question let me quote Jude verse 9 using the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures:

But when Miʹcha·el the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said: “May Jehovah rebuke you.” Jude :9

The problem caused by translators is removal of God's divine name and replacing it with the title "LORD" so when most readers get to such verses they concluded it's all about Jesus rather God's personal name supposed to be there just as Jesus used it extensively during his earthly ministry! John 17:6, 26 compare to Matthew 6:9

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Jokerman(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

According to the Bible there were two persons referred to as Lord so kindly pick up your Bible and read Psalms 110:1

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.Psalms 110:1

So great confusion has set in here because David is apparently talking about two persons.

Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” Psalms 110:1

So to answer your question let me quote Jude verse 9 using the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures:

But when Miʹcha·el the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said: “May Jehovah rebuke you.” Jude :9

The problem caused by translators is removal of God's divine name and replacing it with the title "LORD" so when most readers get to such verses they concluded it's all about Jesus rather God's personal name supposed to be there just as Jesus used it extensively during his earthly ministry! John 17:6, 26 compare to Matthew 6:9

I never said Jesus is God the father.

What we are disputing is if Archangel Michael is the same person as Jesus Christ.

Now, only a person who has the right to be God, can be called Lord.... And we know Angels cannot be called Lord.

It's Either God the father, and God the son...

God The Father- Elohim, Jehovah

God the Son- Jesus Christ, Yeshua, Emmanuel (God with us).

Angels are not in the same authority as Jesus Christ
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Jokerman(m): 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Archangel Michael is "one of" the chief princes.. according to the Bible, that means there are other chief princes like him...

But the prince of the kingdom of Persia opposed me twenty-one days. So Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, and I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia (Daniel 10:13).

Jesus is the unique son of God... Nothing like "one of"....

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made Him known (John 1:18).

2. Michael is the highest of the angels - an order of created beings. He is one of the angels, he is not the Creator of the angels as the Bible says that Jesus is.

for by Him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers - all things have been created through Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16).
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by MightySparrow: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Michael is the one and only Archangel but if you have a contrary opinion please present a scripture where any other is called the Archangel. Jude 9

Secondly the Jews are used to calling the names of angels during their prayers but after his earthly assignment has been accomplished {John 19:30} Michael made the greatest name for himself amongst other angels so that at the mention of his earthly name "JESUS" (not Michael) all knees will bow! Phil 2:10

So it's the name "JESUS" that God introduced to obedient mankind as the one we should "LISTEN TO" {Matt 3:17; 17:5} but you people keep using the names of angels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel) during your prayers whereas the only Son of God that died for our sins and introduced to us by the father has earned himself a new name "JESUS" and that's the only name that can connect us to the Almighty God!

That's the import of what you're quoting Sir! smiley

Hmmmm
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2023
Jokerman:

Archangel Michael is "one of" the chief princes.. according to the Bible, that means there are other chief princes like him...
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia opposed me twenty-one days. So Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, and I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia (Daniel 10:13).
Jesus is the unique son of God... Nothing like "one of"....
No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made Him known (John 1:18).
2. Michael is the highest of the angels - an order of created beings. He is one of the angels, he is not the Creator of the angels as the Bible says that Jesus is.
for by Him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers - all things have been created through Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16).

OK, now you know that verse wasn't referring to Jesus shey? smiley

All what you're quoting was said about Jesus and the Archangel Michael.

The Archangel is one of God's spirit sons and that's what the Bible called Jesus.

The Archangel is the most respected spirit son of God and that's what the Bible called Jesus.

The Archangel is a prince among the spirit sons of God and that's what the Bible called Jesus.

The Archangel apparently must be the only creature God made directly while all other things were created through him! Proverbs 8:22-30

So just as Adam is God's first born son among humans {Luke 3:38} who is responsible for all other human children of God {Genesis 1:28} that's exactly what God did with the Archangel Michael (Jesus) who is responsible for all other things created by God through him. Colossians 1:15-16

Don't forget that all humans believe God created us but through whom? Adam
The same applies to all other things created through the Archangel Michael (Jesus)

No wonder apostle Paul under inspiration equate Jesus with Adam:

“The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit! 1Corinthians 15:45

Ọmọ we don't force anyone to agree with us all we say is "If you know Jesus better than we do, go and do the works he assigned his disciples and let the world see the performance of your organization as Jesus foretold" Act 1:8

So we know that the one leading us into the achievements we're making globally today is none other than the Archangel Michael (Jesus) who will resurrect the dead with just one call! John 11:25; Daniel 12:1-2; 1Thessalonians 4:16 smiley
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Jokerman(m): 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

OK, now you know that verse wasn't referring to Jesus shey? smiley

All what you're quoting was said about Jesus and the Archangel Michael.

The Archangel is one of God's spirit sons and that's what the Bible called Jesus.

The Archangel is the most respected spirit son of God and that's what the Bible called Jesus.

The Archangel is a prince among the spirit sons of God and that's what the Bible called Jesus.

The Archangel apparently must be the only creature God made directly while all other things were created through him! Proverbs 8:22-30

So just as Adam is God's first born son among humans {Luke 3:38} who is responsible for all other human children of God {Genesis 1:28} that's exactly what God did with the Archangel Michael (Jesus) who is responsible for all other things created by God through him. Colossians 1:15-16

Don't forget that all humans believe God created us but through whom? Adam
The same applies to all other things created through the Archangel Michael (Jesus)

No wonder apostle Paul under inspiration equate Jesus with Adam:

“The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit! 1Corinthians 15:45

Ọmọ we don't force anyone to agree with us all we say is "If you know Jesus better than we do, go and do the works he assigned his disciples and let the world see the performance of your organization as Jesus foretold" Act 1:8

So we know that the one leading us into the achievements we're making globally today is none other than the Archangel Michael (Jesus) who will resurrect the dead with just one call! John 11:25; Daniel 12:1-2; 1Thessalonians 4:16 smiley

1. The book of Daniel called Michael, "one of the chief princes i.e one of the arch angels. He is not the only archangel or neither is he the only "Chief princes"
Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.... However Jesus is the unique son of God. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

2.Jesus Is Not an Angel
In Hebrews 1–3, the author sets out to demonstrate that Jesus is superior to the prophets, angels, and Moses. We’re told Jesus is the ultimate revelation of God (1:1–2), the Creator of the world (1:2), and the exact imprint of God’s nature (1:3). After explicitly stating He is “much superior to angels,” the author of Hebrews writes, “For to which of the angels did God ever say, ‘You are my Son, today I have begotten you‘?”

The obvious answer to this hypothetical question is that God never said that to any angel. Rather, in Mark 1:11, God says to Jesus, “You are my beloved Son; with You I am well pleased.”

In verse 6, we are told the angels worship Jesus. How could a created being receive worship? A created being cannot receive worship. In fact, when the apostle John fell down at an angel’s feet to worship him, the angel said, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God” (Rev. 19:10).

Finally, verses 8–12 make it abundantly clear why the angels worship Jesus. It’s because He is Jehovah-God. In light of Hebrews 1, Jesus cannot be a mere created angel—even the archangel Michael.

Please read the Bible.

Michael is the protector of Israel, who is protecting other countries or even the gentiles??

Oh don't you know it's only Jesus that had the power to change the whole world heading for doom.

1 Like

Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Jokerman(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Michael is the one and only Archangel but if you have a contrary opinion please present a scripture where any other is called the Archangel. Jude 9

Secondly the Jews are used to calling the names of angels during their prayers but after his earthly assignment has been accomplished {John 19:30} Michael made the greatest name for himself amongst other angels so that at the mention of his earthly name "JESUS" (not Michael) all knees will bow! Phil 2:10

So it's the name "JESUS" that God introduced to obedient mankind as the one we should "LISTEN TO" {Matt 3:17; 17:5} but you people keep using the names of angels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel) during your prayers whereas the only Son of God that died for our sins and introduced to us by the father has earned himself a new name "JESUS" and that's the only name that can connect us to the Almighty God!

That's the import of what you're quoting Sir! smiley

Jews never called the name of angels.

That was idol worship
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2023
Jokerman:

1. The book of Daniel called Michael, "one of the chief princes i.e one of the arch angels. He is not the only archangel or neither is he the only "Chief princes"
Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.... However Jesus is the unique son of God. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Princes according to the Bible means the first set of angels having authority over others so Satan was one of them that's why he could convince those under his control to join him in rebellion against God's sovereignty.
For your information he (Satan) is the ruler of this world since the fall of man in Eden {2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} so he was the one referred to as the Prince of Persia because at that time Persia was then the world power {John 14:30} but there is only one Archangel and that's Michael the only creature God made directly!

Jokerman:

2.Jesus Is Not an Angel
In Hebrews 1–3, the author sets out to demonstrate that Jesus is superior to the prophets, angels, and Moses. We’re told Jesus is the ultimate revelation of God (1:1–2), the Creator of the world (1:2), and the exact imprint of God’s nature (1:3). After explicitly stating He is “much superior to angels,” the author of Hebrews writes, “For to which of the angels did God ever say, ‘You are my Son, today I have begotten you‘?”
The obvious answer to this hypothetical question is that God never said that to any angel. Rather, in Mark 1:11, God says to Jesus, “You are my beloved Son; with You I am well pleased.”
All angels are God's sons including Jesus!
The highlighted was directed to Christians in the Jewish community where calling on names of angels during prayer has become the norm so Paul is telling the Jewish Christians that it's wrong because God never introduced any angel to them so they shouldn't use any angels name during prayers except the name given which is "Jesus" Philippians 2:10
Jokerman:

In verse 6, we are told the angels worship Jesus. How could a created being receive worship? A created being cannot receive worship. In fact, when the apostle John fell down at an angel’s feet to worship him, the angel said, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God” (Rev. 19:10).
The highlighted is another problem in translation!
The Hebrew text rendered "WORSHIP" in your translation simply means "OBEISANCE" God commanded all creatures both in heaven and earth to OBEY not worship Jesus because worship belongs only to one person: the Almighty God and Jesus is not that person!
Jokerman:

Finally, verses 8–12 make it abundantly clear why the angels worship Jesus. It’s because He is Jehovah-God. In light of Hebrews 1, Jesus cannot be a mere created angel—even the archangel Michael.
Please read the Bible. Michael is the protector of Israel, who is protecting other countries or even the gentiles?? Oh don't you know it's only Jesus that had the power to change the whole world heading for doom.

Michael is protecting all believers of the true God that's why he followed those two angels to verify if there's no believers in Sodom and Gomorrah. Note that the angel speaking with Abraham is only representing God because no one has ever seen the true God at any point in time so anytime the Israelites see someone standing before them as Jehovah it's Michael the angel representing God! Exodus 13:21 compare to Exodus 14:19

So whenever anyone is found in any nation with a clean conscience Archangel Michael is the same person who is taking note of their deeds for recommendations even though such ones don't have the knowledge of God! Romans 1:20

That's why he's called the one standing for the salvation of God's people it doesn't mean the Israelites only but faithful people throughout the earth! smiley
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2023
Jokerman:

Jews never called the name of angels.
That was idol worship

You're wrong!
Judaists do call names of angels. After they returned from Babylon most of them mixed their beliefs with Babylonian mythology they're no longer relying only on the Mosaic laws!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Janosky: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're wrong!
Judaists do call names of angels. After they returned from Babylon most of them mixed their beliefs with Babylonian mythology they're no longer relying only on the Mosaic laws!

Is Daniel who wrote about the archangel Michael not a Jew?
Jokerman's claim ls NOT TRUE.
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Emusan(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
We don't PREACH it from house to house but that's his REAL IDENTITY

Liar! JWs preach it from house to house as long as it's inside a magazine distributed by Watchtower.

so it's only revealed to interested ones who humbly request a home Bible study with us.

Liar! Was Watchtower magazine only FOR INTERESTED ONES?

And in your delusion, you still believe this ONE PARTICULAR ANGEL who ONLY HIM HAS access to God still belongs to a particular group of ANGELS OR FELLOWS!

Back in heaven when all the angels were with God Jesus is the purest among them

No single verse to support this but just delusion from your mind inclination.

that God used to pass information to all the others so all of them knew him as the Holy (Pure) one of God.

Yet you still claim Jesus has a FELLOW according to Heb 1:9

God is the Only person who was ever addressed as "THE HOLY ONE" throughout the Hebrew scriptures no Being ever, so when the evil spirit recognises Jesus as "THE HOLY ONE" he knows exactly who stand before him.

Besides, no where in Jude not even verse 9 that links Michael to the HOLY ONE, this is just your perverted and twisting style of the scripture.

Well there are many more scriptural backings pointing to Jesus as the Archangel Michael

There's none! Quote direct verse here!

The early time you agree that this is just a man-made doctrine that has no root in the scripture the better for you.

but if you're not interested in that we will not force it into your head after all there are thousands of sects claiming Christians

Someone has been discussing with you but now it's if he's not interested. Why can you quote the scripture where Bible actually called Jesus Christ Archangel?

Remember one reason JWs rejected the doctrine of Trinity is that the word TRINITY never appeared any where in the Bible.

so if you can find a better performing group than us go and worship with them

You already know he is not part of you people and not looking for any performing performance group, yet you can still come with this baseless statement.

but in our midst we know the one who has always been standing for the salvation of God's people! Daniel 12:1 smiley

But the person isn't the Saviour of the World Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Who is the Creator of all things John 1:3, Heb 1:11
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by cornelboy(f): 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2023
Jokerman:

So the fact is Jesus had an identity before becoming human and the clues we have in the Bible point that he is/was Michael.
Whether you agree or not doesn't change anything.
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by cornelboy(f): 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2023
Emusan:

The Word of God!
Can you quote where Jesus was called Michael from Genesis to Revelation?
That's ridiculous. The word of God is the Bible.
Jesus was with God before the beginning of creation of the world. He existed alongside with God. He was a being distinct from the Father.

Hebrews 1:3
[3]The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.

Hope you understand this verse.
After Jesus finished his first mission on earth, he was exalted to the right hand of God. That's a promotion.

So I don't know what you mean that Jesus is God's word. Explain better.

I reasoned from the Bible that Jesus/Micheal had been God's spokesman from the ancient times that's why John gave him the title "the word".
Also Jesus said that he didn't speak on authority but only says what the Father commanded him.
At revelation 1:1 we see that the revelation was handed from God to Jesus.
These are the reasons why John the apostle referred to Jesus Christ as the WORD.
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Emusan(m): 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2023
cornelboy:
So the fact is Jesus had an identity before becoming human

Which is The Word of God

and the clues we have in the Bible point that he is/was Michael.

Not at all, Bible never addressed Jesus as Angel Michael. You can bring the verse here.

Whether you agree or not doesn't change anything.

It's you who is in denial mode.

1. God is the ONLY one ever refers to as "The HOLY ONE" and that was exactly how the evil spirit refers to Jesus because he knows who was standing before him.

2. God is the Only one ever refers to as THE BEGINNING and the New Testament called Jesus this without missing word.

3. God is the Only one ever refers to as the Creator and the New Testament says Jesus is the Creator.

So where exactly does any Bible verse called Jesus archangel Michael?
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by cornelboy(f): 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
Emusan:

Which is The Word of God
Not at all, Bible never addressed Jesus as Angel Michael. You can bring the verse here.
It's you who is in denial mode.
1. God is the ONLY one ever refers to as "The HOLY ONE" and that was exactly how the evil spirit refers to Jesus because he knows who was standing before him.
2. God is the Only one ever refers to as THE BEGINNING and the New Testament called Jesus this without missing word.
3. God is the Only one ever refers to as the Creator and the New Testament says Jesus is the Creator.
So where exactly does any Bible verse called Jesus archangel Michael?

Lol no place in the Bible did Jesus claim to be the creator nor was he called the creator.
Bring verses 🤡🤡

Lol holy one...are the angels in heaven holy ones or not 🤣🤣
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Emusan(m): 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2023
cornelboy:
That's ridiculous. The word of God is the Bible.

It's not that's because you lack scriptural understanding.

Jesus was with God before the beginning of creation of the world. He existed alongside with God. He was a being distinct from the Father.

Absolutely! So how can He be An Angel when Angels are all product of Creation.

Only Being who can exist outside Creation is God.

Hebrews 1:3
[3]The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.

Hope you understand this verse.

Very well! Buy do you?

Notice the @underlined part.

ONLY GOD HAS ABSOLUTE POWER TO Sustain CREATION YET THIS VERSE SAYS Jesus is the one carrying out that operation.

After Jesus finished his first mission on earth, he was exalted to the right hand of God. That's a promotion.

No doubt about that but the question is, why someone who was directly created by Jehovah according to you - JWs (which means second in command to Jehovah) will still need to be PROMOTED? Which promotion pass second in command?

The only promotion someone like VP will have is to the very President.

So for Jesus to be promoted means He never hold such post before which is the reason Paul says in Col 1:18 "...so that he might become the one who is first in all things;" NWT

The reason is that Jesus was never part of the creation but when He became part of the creation THERE'S A NEED FOR HIM TO BECOME FIRST IN ANYTHING UNDER CREATION which is the reason God COMMANDED ALL ANGELS to Worship Him.

So I don't know what you mean that Jesus is God's word. Explain better.

The Bible says so not me.

I reasoned from the Bible that Jesus/Micheal had been God's spokesman from the ancient times that's why John gave him the title "the word".

Your reason is faulty that's not the reason.

John specifically says THE WORD is the Agent behind the Creation not SPOKESMAN and John never addressed Jesus as Michael

Also Jesus said that he didn't speak on authority but only says what the Father commanded him.

Yes because the Father sent Him as A Son.

At revelation 1:1 we see that the revelation was handed from God to Jesus.

Nobody have problem with that.

These are the reasons why John the apostle referred to Jesus Christ as the WORD.

No! Not the reason. The reason is well detailed from John himself when he says in John 1:1 "In the beginning was The WORD..."

And went further to say in verse 3 that "All things came into existence through him,(The Word) + and apart from him(The Word) not even one thing came into existence. - NWT

Notice @color-red "NOT EVEN ONE THING CAME INTO EXISTENCE"

Remember ALL ANGELS including Micheal came into existence, again the ONLY BEING WHO DIDN'T CONE INTO EXISTENCE is God.
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Emusan(m): 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2023
cornelboy:
Lol no place in the Bible did Jesus claim to be the creator nor was he called the creator.
Bring verses 🤡🤡

Lol holy one...are the angels in heaven holy ones or not 🤣🤣

Angels are not The HOLY ONE!

In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god.* + 2 This one was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him,+ and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. What has come into existence John 1:1-3 - NWT

Primary school question for you: Who brought things into existence?

"And: “At the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the works of your hands. Heb 1:10 NWT
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by cornelboy(f): 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2023
Emusan:

Angels are not The HOLY ONE!

In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god.* + 2 This one was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him,+ and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. What has come into existence John 1:1-3 - NWT

Primary school question for you: Who brought things into existence?

"And: “At the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the works of your hands. Heb 1:10 NWT
God brought things into existence through his son.
Jesus used God's resources.
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by cornelboy(f): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2023
Emusan:

It's not that's because you lack scriptural understanding.

Absolutely! So how can He be An Angel when Angels are all product of Creation.

Only Being who can exist outside Creation is God.

Very well! Buy do you?

Notice the @underlined part.

ONLY GOD HAS ABSOLUTE POWER TO Sustain CREATION YET THIS VERSE SAYS Jesus is the one carrying out that operation.

No doubt about that but the question is, why someone who was directly created by Jehovah according to you - JWs (which means second in command to Jehovah) will still need to be PROMOTED? Which promotion pass second in command?

The only promotion someone like VP will have is to the very President.

So for Jesus to be promoted means He never hold such post before which is the reason Paul says in Col 1:18 "...so that he might become the one who is first in all things;" NWT

The reason is that Jesus was never part of the creation but when He became part of the creation THERE'S A NEED FOR HIM TO BECOME FIRST IN ANYTHING UNDER CREATION which is the reason God COMMANDED ALL ANGELS to Worship Him.

The Bible says so not me.

Your reason is faulty that's not the reason.

John specifically says THE WORD is the Agent behind the Creation not SPOKESMAN and John never addressed Jesus as Michael

Yes because the Father sent Him as A Son.

Nobody have problem with that.

No! Not the reason. The reason is well detailed from John himself when he says in John 1:1 "In the beginning was The WORD..."

And went further to say in verse 3 that "All things came into existence through him,(The Word) + and apart from him(The Word) not even one thing came into existence. - NWT

Notice @color-red "NOT EVEN ONE THING CAME INTO EXISTENCE"

Remember ALL ANGELS including Micheal came into existence, again the ONLY BEING WHO DIDN'T CONE INTO EXISTENCE is God.
God has no beginnings. But Jesus has a beginning. He existed at a point.

Dangote produces cement, does it mean he's the one that operate the machines?

God used Jesus as a tool to create everything. God created Jesus first. That's why he's the firstborn of creation and God's only begotten. God created him directly.
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Emusan(m): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2023
cornelboy:
God brought things into existence through his son.

Smile...even when your organisation claimed Jesus is the one talking in Proverb 8

But read through Prov 8 and see where God Himself carrying out the Creation activities.

Jesus used God's resources.

So you means when Bible says "...I stretched out the heavens with My hands
And I ordained all their host."
it was Jesus using the hands of God cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

You don't know why Watchtower wants you to believe that Jesus is an Angel.
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2023
Janosky:

Is Daniel who wrote about the archangel Michael not a Jew?
Jokerman's claim ls NOT TRUE.

Just like Jews returnees from Babylon he wants to mix our beliefs with that of the churches of Christendom! wink
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Emusan(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
cornelboy:
God has no beginnings. But Jesus has a beginning. He existed at a point.

Jesus never had a beginning! A Creator doesn't have a beginning.

Dangote produces cement, does it mean he's the one that operate the machines?

Then Dangote will never make a statement like "I Dangote operate the machines that produce my cement"

And if Dangote actually made such statement I believe even you will never deny that Dangote isn't the very one who produced the cement by himself.

God used Jesus as a tool to create everything.

Kindly quote the place you got this from.

God created Jesus first.

It means Jesus is the one who created Himself because John 1:3 says "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence." - NWT

And God can't lie.

That's why he's the firstborn of creation and God's only begotten.

Yes He is the first born of all creation and not FIRST CREATED PERSON. The two statements aren't the same.

God created him directly.

A created Being needs space to occupy, where was Jesus living before God used Him to create Heaven?

1. Yet you believe Jesus has companions/fellow when He was the only one Created directly by God. cheesy grin cheesy

2. Yet you claimed He was PROMOTED, to which post again? grin cheesy grin

3. Yet you believe Jesus is still the same category of Angels.

So definitely if you believe this about Him, then you underrated Him for calling Him Angel because Jesus shouldn't be in the category of Angels at all.
Re: Why Yahushua The Messiah Can't Be Michael The Arch Angel. by Jokerman(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2023
Archangel Michael that was contesting with the devil,is the same angel you wanna compare with the one who speaks and the devil is defeated.

The one that his name is above all names.

These cults sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

God Killed Himself To Redeem Our Sins. *hilarious* / I Saw Adeboye And Kumuyi In My Dream. / Anointing For New Beginning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.