Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,517 members, 7,826,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger (44426 Views)

Atiku, Kwankwaso, Obi Discussing Merger To Wrest Power From APC - AriseTV / 2023: I Am In Talks With Kwankwaso, Obi & one of them may possibly come - Atiku / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Rashman578(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems
1. Both parties can't merge
2. A new party can't be formed

Solution
1. One candidate leaves his party and joins the other party

Problem from Solution
1. Peter Obi is poster boy for LP will he leave LP for NNPP?

2. It is difficult for Kwankwaso to leave NNPP for LP because

i. His party has strong candidates especially in the Northwest and it will be tedious for them to move to Labor with him
ii. Will candidates under LP be willing to forgo their candidacy for NNPP candidates or will NNPP candidates be willing to forgo their candidacy for LP candidates?

Solution to problems from Solution
Kwankwaso leaves alone to LP and abandon his candidates in NNPP but this will be the worst political move ever

It won't be the worst move. Infact it's gonna be the opposite.

Continuing from your *solution to problems from solution*

Kwankwaso alone moves, mobilizes all his candidates in NNPP to remain there and work for LP in Presidential elections (the presidential election comes first don't forget, also don't forget LP has little to no candidates in the NW so that won't be a problem)

They then work locally for NNPP in their NW states during the Guber elections.

If LP wins the presidential election, then the candidates he left in NNPP joins him. Simple.

Further solutions:

Agreements upon agreements involving positions sharing between the merging parties with proper documentations must be made inleu with all stated above.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 20, 2022
lizychimamanda:
good afternoon to u too.

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by 2016easy2017: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool before us is a move to change the direction of this country ship. Not like am begging anyone to vote for Peter Obi when the time comes. But if you allow the old money bags win make sure you are earning in dollars because I see dollar hitting 1000 in due time. If you complain they will send the army police to shoot you. Be wise

This your Obi won't sell
Just a spoiler to the political strength of the south
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by specialmati(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
2016easy2017:

This your Obi won't sell
Just a spoiler to the political strength of the south
shocked shocked shocked shocked my younger Obi won't sell but the old currupt money bags will sell now I see why people are suffering. And some people are happy continue with whatever you are selling I don't care. I said anyone that still thinks of voting APC is demon possessed because I can't understand why a reasonable person will want to support them after what they have turn the country into.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by zicoraads: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
zicoraads:

The elections won't be won even with Kwankwaso as Obi's running mate. Kwankwaso's NNPP is only popular in one state, Kano. Outside Kano, nothing.

The one man who will get the North's votes piling behind him, outside of Zulum and El-Rufai in the APC, is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

That being said, Kwankwaso is the undisputed leader of the NNPP. He has sitting senators. He has members of the House of Reps. He has state assembly members. In terms of political weight, he brings more to the table.

He leaves now he loses out completely, especially if as expected, Labour loses the elections, which might also affect the NNPP in Kano.
I remember when I quoted PrimadonnaO to say this.

Now a lot of Obi's supporters have started cussing Kwankwaso for saying the same thing.

If you know Northerners, if you know Kwankwaso, if you've been following his politics, you will know there was no way he was going to accept being VP to Obi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

National Association Of Seadogs Petitions Inspector General Of Police / APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off: Tinubu Arrives Jos, Plateau State (Photos) / Thugs Burn Ballot Papers At Ijaye - Mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.