Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger (44434 Views)

Atiku, Kwankwaso, Obi Discussing Merger To Wrest Power From APC - AriseTV / 2023: I Am In Talks With Kwankwaso, Obi & one of them may possibly come - Atiku / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Minjim: 10:40am On Jun 19, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Kwankwaso & NNPP already have a VP from western Nigeria in Ladipo Johnson, nobody is going near anyone from the East, so all those pandora Pete dreamers should keep living in fantasia.

Obi is in the North begging to be Kwankanso's Vp Igbos are online running their mouth
Rippers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by samuelson06(m): 10:43am On Jun 19, 2022
bryning899:

And Obi is good Politician in the both North and South, see sentiment � �

This is just Obi's first attempt. Most likely, he won't make it. But I think it's better for him to test his popularity alone and know how to strategize next time. Same for Kwankwaso. Let them test their popularity.

However, I strongly believes Obi would get more votes than Kwankwaso nationwide. Forget about the makebelief cult-following of Kwankwaso. It's only in his state.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by sayso: 10:45am On Jun 19, 2022
So their only plan is to win the presidency? Then what? 1. Foreign reserves no plan. 2. $86B public debth no plan. 3. Foreign policies no plan.4 Infrastructure nko.5 Electricity nko.6 Health nko. 7 Defence on insecurity nko. 8 Exchange on monetary policy nko. Etc. No talk about our deep problems solutions just grab power. Do these guys even know what to do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by buckeyemedia: 10:45am On Jun 19, 2022
Minjim:

Obi is in the North begging to be Kwankanso's Vp Igbos are online running their mouth
Rippers
To even show how useless The Labor Party is, even to find an ordinary place holder for VP from Northern Nigeria is difficult, they had to settle for a dirty rotten scoundrel in Doyin Okupe who told us in November 2013 that if APC exist for more than a year, we should call him a bastard.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by jamace(m): 10:49am On Jun 19, 2022
FamTomx2:

A frustrated yellowbar man he his grin
Hmm. So, he is the son of shaky shaky daddy. grin

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Prinxzona10: 10:51am On Jun 19, 2022
Help2020:

As user just ranting. I don't expect anything better from agbero though

You've strength exchanging words with some of these f**lish riffraffs and silly kids here.
Have you noticed that 90% of people in diaspora are the ones demanding and drumming support for a better candidate because they've travelled and seen what's obtainable in a developed Nation buh those myopic kids down there in Nigeria,will be killing themselves,abusing their elders online for a corrupt,wicked,selfish and evil politicians that knows nothing about their existence..
There was one that used to abuse many people here just because they were trying to correct him that these politicians are using him buh the guy never listened to anyone buh I was surprised that this same guy personally sent me a message and started begging me for a financial help of any amount...gosh!!!!
Have said it that for the Stockholm syndrome disease to be flushed out completely from their brains and systems,it will take a very special grace of God because the disgusting and irritating attitudes are beyond a mortal power...
I rest my case...Gracias!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Jsucre(m): 10:59am On Jun 19, 2022
kessdivine4all:
The way you guys keep analysing the chances of Peter Obi, who you say has no weight politically, is really funny. Please focus on your Tinubu and Atiku. Let's waste our vote on Obi
funny you
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by KGD10: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2022
samuelson06:

This is just Obi's first attempt. Most likely, he won't make it. But I think it's better for him to test his popularity alone and know how to strategize next time. Same for Kwankwaso. Let them test their popularity.

However, I strongly believes Obi would get more votes than Kwankwaso nationwide. Forget about the makebelief cult-following of Kwankwaso. It's only in his state.

They need to begin their structures at state level first. I remembered Tinubu back then. The whole of South West states at that time were already ACN as well as Edo and some part of North Central.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2022
omoharry:
The you really do not know Kwankwaso very well. He is just like Obi but not on the prudent side .
cheesy
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by shinealight(m): 11:08am On Jun 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems
1. Both parties can't merge
2. A new party can't be formed

Solution
1. One candidate leaves his party and joins the other party

Problem from Solution
1. Peter Obi is poster boy for LP will he leave LP for NNPP?

2. It is difficult for Kwankwaso to leave NNPP for LP because

i. His party has strong candidates especially in the Northwest and it will be tedious for them to move to Labor with him
ii. Will candidates under LP be willing to forgo their candidacy for NNPP candidates or will NNPP candidates be willing to forgo their candidacy for LP candidates?

Solution to problems from Solution
Kwankwaso leaves alone to LP and abandon his candidates in NNPP but this will be the worst political move ever

Conclusion: an intractable problem….dead on arrival since both of them want to be President at the same time!

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by McStoic(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2022
yusfatedeeprof:

Don't you think it's stupid telling Kwankwaso he will never be the presidential candidate with the merger you people are begging for? That the best he can get is vice, and boasting Peter Obi will never be his vice, as if it was Kwankwaso that is begging for a merger, whereas its Peter Obi supporters that is doing the begging and still making crazy demands, Someone who is already a presidential candidate of his party.

You are not ready to learn cheesy

You still succeeded in successfully making no point
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Help2020: 11:11am On Jun 19, 2022
sokera:
yes you can’t mention modern Lagos without giving accolades to Jagaban, the father of modern Lagos … 1 local government make more money than the entire south-east which is Apapa local government kudos to Tinubu… I don’t understand your point about the hospital because as far Lagos has the best state general hospital in Nigeria so I don’t know what you are saying
OK Lagos has the best hospital in Nigeria,why did tinubu went for treatment in London?
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by samuelson06(m): 11:12am On Jun 19, 2022
KGD10:

They need to begin their structures at state level first. I remembered Tinubu back then. The whole of South West states at that time were already ACN as well as Edo and some part of North Central.

The point is that I don't really believe in election in Nigeria because it's usually largely rigged. And that's why the issue of structure appears to be a thing else it wouldn't.

The whole thing about the structure thing is who's going to protect your votes or rigged for you. In the absence of these factors, structure wouldn't have mattered.

Obi came and people are fast buying into his brand and he doesn't necessarily need a structure to win. But that's just ideally. What I'm saying in essence is that in the absence of fraud, Obi can win. All he needs right now is just to go out there and campaign for votes. Sadly, other parties, especially the APC are sharks. They may not allow his votes to fly.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Tareq1105: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2022
nollytvgist22:
https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/19/2023-uncertainty-for-peter-obi-kwankwaso-as-inec-rules-may-hamper-lp-nnpp-merger/

It would never work. How can kwakwaso be Vice to Obi? Who's more experienced? Obi was only a governor, while kwakwaso was governor, minister, and senator. I don't understand these Ipob Biafra agitators on this platform. I keep telling them that they're overrating Peter Obi but they won't hear.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by EazyMoh(m): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems

Solution

Problem from Solution

i. His party has strong candidates especially in the Northwest and it will be tedious for them to move to Labor with him
ii. Will candidates under LP be willing to forgo their candidacy for NNPP candidates or will NNPP candidates be willing to forgo their candidacy for LP candidates?

Kwankwaso leaves alone to LP and abandon his candidates in NNPP but this will be the worst political move ever
Besides Peter Obi in LP there is NO any other strong politician/candidate compare that with NNPP which has serving senators, NA and state assembly members.
We all know NNPP is bigger than LP and Kwankwaso is bigger than Peter Obi. The main argument is that of the rotation back to the south and in particular the SE.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:14am On Jun 19, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:
We Yoruba youths stand on the mandate of Peter Obi, whether in the rain or in the sun!!!

Were alaso...you and who really?

Mr spokesman

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Prinxzona10: 11:18am On Jun 19, 2022
He doesn't have any structure,yet you guys wouldn't stop talking about him.
He doesn't stand any chance,yet you guys wouldn't stop attacking him..
He's going nowhere,yet you guys keep on creating topics about him..
He's not relevant,yet sighting of his name threaten you guys like a sound of a bomb..
He's going to come in distance 3rd or 4th position,yet you guys keep on peddling lies,cooking up propagandas and evoking up blackmails,just to tarnish his image niii...
He will lose,yet you guys are having some sleepless nights over him...
The greatest thing God created inside human was the*CONSCIENCE* and it always tells us what's right and wrong hence the reason some people wouldn't have peace of mind because they are going against their conscience.. I rest my case...Gracias!!!!
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Teymanhenry(f): 11:21am On Jun 19, 2022
TheExclusive:

What is the guarantee that Igbo presidency will happen after 8 years without another northerner coming out to claim presidency. Should any northerner think of even running in 2023 given that they already ruled for eight years? Did it work out for Atiku when he was vice president to Obasanjo? Did it work out for Osibanjo as VP to Buhari? Nothing is given in politics.
If he plays his cards well he'd have a better chance of becoming the party flag bearer. Osibanjo was brought in by Tinubu remember? Attiku was also put on by Obasanjo. But for Obi, it is a different ball game
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Help2020: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2022
Neddyogu:

Pls check your grammar. What in the cornbread hell is "as user"? You can't even spell well with your gutter education. For thinking an Obi presidency would make you or anyone afford to own a car is what spells you out as a high-caliber dunce. Be there feeling like you are better than anyone you foolish barn-yard animal. Ewu iberibe.
You're clearly suffering from assertive ignorance.. The fact that you could not see that as an error which could happen to any one speaks volume of how low your IQ is. little wonder why you're supporting great grand father to continue to rule over your useless
life.. You claimed to be educated, yet you didn't see anything wrong in Nigeria not having stable electricity in 21st century.
You're educated you didn't see anything wrong in your leaders leaving hospitals they build and going to foreign countries for medical care. Today is father's day,do well to ask your father his worst day ever,you will find out that the day he released that useless sperm that result in useless soul like you is his worse day. You fccking slowpoke,a nitwit. Bastard
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Hellonearth: 11:22am On Jun 19, 2022
AnambraPrince:
grin I said before that Peter Obi is just a political baby that is not street smart at all, otherwise the daft dunce would have known by now that all these merger talks is just a game by the North to ridicule him more. Kwankwaso is just playing him for a fool and he fell for it like a cheap N500 political prostitute.

But it's so funny and we are enjoying every minute of the show. Peter Obi's online bandits supporters should keep entertaining us with their radical foolishness grin grin

Same way they were screaming "consexus" candidate before, now it is "merger" grin

You have all these sense but here joblessly talking trash. Why Peter Obi dey give una orgasm everyday. Vote who u want and allow us vote who we want.
Or better still let Atiku have NE & NW
Tinubu SW & NS
Peter Obi SE & SS
Let's see who progresses after 4 years.

Vote your make I vote mine joor
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Hellonearth: 11:23am On Jun 19, 2022
Minjim:

Rippers

Looking at u,I see why they say nairaland is filles with toddler
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by sokera: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2022
Help2020:

OK Lagos has the best hospital in Nigeria,why did tinubu went for treatment in London?
because he can afford it and to avoid fake medicine our ibo brothers import into the country , Abi you want to kill out leader with fake drugs your ibo ppl bring in from China ?… if you can avoid it go for it … is that against the constitution?

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by KGD10: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2022
samuelson06:

The point is that I don't really believe in election in Nigeria because it's usually largely rigged. And that's why the issue of structure appears to be a thing else it wouldn't.

The whole thing about the structure thing is who's going to protect your votes or rigged for you. In the absence of these factors, structure wouldn't have mattered.

Obi came and people are fast buying into his brand and he doesn't necessarily need a structure to win. But that's just ideally. What I'm saying in essence is that in the absence of fraud, Obi can win. All he needs right now is just to go out there and campaign for votes. Sadly, other parties, especially the APC are sharks. They may not allow his votes to fly.

Obi has to work underground before vying for a presidential post. Or contest under a party that has the structure already.

Apart from political structure, Tinubu's achievements in Lagos dwarf that of Obi in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Moses86(m): 11:25am On Jun 19, 2022
kwankwasiya movement is bigger than Obi's online extremists. it's a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Eniitankorede: 11:26am On Jun 19, 2022
saints2:
I doubt the INEC will be an issue... Merger won't affect any of the mentioned above.. Both parties have their legal adviser and they must have studied the terms and conditions of INEC so I don't think this will deter the merger

There can never be merger at this time. There can only be mutual cooperation and understanding in the sense that LP candidates and NNPP candidates will weigh their strengths and weaknesses. Where any candidate is weak, they give way to stronger party candidate. They will instruct their members to vote for the stronger party and weaker one steps down. As for presidential election, again the party of the presidential candidate can waive membership for the weaker candidate to move to their party. There’s still time to adopt the weaker candidate as vice presidential candidate.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by AKAyomide(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2022
The merger of the two political parties can’t be possible because for two or more political parties come alliance has to be done a year before the general election is conducted. Secondly, the merger of NNPP and LP has to be done by the two political parties bringing their registration certificates to have emerged into one political party with a new registration name.
The two steps can’t be done now and the best step that can be done is for either candidate of each political party to withdraw from the general election and support the other candidate to emerge victorious at the general election.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Okwyjesus(m): 11:31am On Jun 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems

Solution

Problem from Solution

Finally it won't work. Sad to note
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by UtuokeAlcoholic: 11:33am On Jun 19, 2022
FalseProphet1:

I don't see this as a problem.

Kwankwaso can easily talk to his supporters to move to LP. When Rochas won the governorship election under APGA, we defected to APC and carried his supporters with him, Dave of Ebonyi state did the same thing, he went to APC with his supporters.

Kwankwaso is highly respected in the North, he can talk to all his supporters and aspirants to defect to LP and support his vision.

It's not an issue, cos we've seen it play out so many times.
You didn't understand. The point here is about those who contested for various positions under the party like governorship, senatorial, house of representatives candidates etc. Would they forfeit their candidacies in their current parties? The case of Umahi and Rochas is different from this one because they were already elected representatives.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by AnambraPrince: 11:35am On Jun 19, 2022
Hellonearth:

You have all these sense but here joblessly talking trash. Why Peter Obi dey give una orgasm everyday. Vote who u want and allow us vote who we want.
Or better still let Atiku have NE & NW
Tinubu SW & NS
Peter Obi SE & SS
Let's see who progresses after 4 years.

Vote your make I vote mine joor
Why should Obi have SS? Did South South tell you they want Obi to rule them, or you think they can't rule themselves? Why not say something like:

Tinubu - SW
Atiku - NE
Obi - SE
Wike - SS
Ganduje - NW
Yahaya - NC

Then everyone should go back to their region, after 8 years let's see which region will be better. This kind of permutation shows you respect other people's identity and right to govern themselves.

But, no, you won't say that. Treacherous people like you are the reason SS people keep we igbos at arms length. Stop talking like a land grabber, or are you a thief? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Keda25: 11:38am On Jun 19, 2022
The second of them will be disqualified, Once a candidate name has been submitted to Inec by a party, it can not be submitted again be another party....they should go and study the new electoral law before they do anything

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems

Solution

Problem from Solution

Why is it a bad move?

When the elections have been won, they can then merge with less hassles.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Jking20(m): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2022
Intellectuall01:
The hausa man cannot leave his party and queque behind an Igbo man. And the said Igbo man cannot leave his online party and queque behind the hausa man.

Nawao ��

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wole Olanipekun, 49 Others To Defend Tinubu At Electoral Tribunal / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima / Tunde Rahman: Some APC Chieftains Supported Obaseki Because Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.