Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger (44378 Views)

Atiku, Kwankwaso, Obi Discussing Merger To Wrest Power From APC - AriseTV / 2023: I Am In Talks With Kwankwaso, Obi & one of them may possibly come - Atiku / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Olatunji1929: 8:02am On Jun 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems
1. Both parties can't merge
2. A new party can't be formed

Solution
1. One candidate leaves his party and joins the other party

Problem from Solution
1. Peter Obi is poster boy for LP will he leave LP for NNPP?

2. It is difficult for Kwankwaso to leave NNPP for LP because

i. His party has strong candidates especially in the Northwest and it will be tedious for them to move to Labor with him
ii. Will candidates under LP be willing to forgo their candidacy for NNPP candidates or will NNPP candidates be willing to forgo their candidacy for LP candidates?

Solution to problems from Solution
Kwankwaso leaves alone to LP and abandon his candidates in NNPP but this will be the worst political move ever
no solution
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Abujason: 8:02am On Jun 19, 2022
temitope27:
They will both fail

… like the eBola Bat? grin

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Walkee: 8:02am On Jun 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems

Solution

Problem from Solution

i. His party has strong candidates especially in the Northwest and it will be tedious for them to move to Labor with him
ii. Will candidates under LP be willing to forgo their candidacy for NNPP candidates or will NNPP candidates be willing to forgo their candidacy for LP candidates?

Kwankwaso leaves alone to LP and abandon his candidates in NNPP but this will be the worst political move ever
will INEC allow someone who has already submitted his name as presidential candidate to suddenly switch to VP in another party?
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by medropoly(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2022
If only they had forseen these and made the collaboration earlier than this, then we would be talking of a new Nigeria government y now
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2022
Beggars can't be choosers. They are the one begging Kwankwaso for a merger but still want to dictate the terms and conditions for Kwankwaso, all the rules he must follow, and making crazy demands. Who does that? cheesy

Only a stupid person would accept such arrangement. Imagine your beggars still trying to turn you to their puppet at the same time. grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by writeprof(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2022

“The merger with the Labour Party and NNPP should have Obi as president and Kwankwaso as VP.

“That’s the only thing that makes sense,” Adeyanju tweeted on Saturday

The way to go if it works because it's not compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by marosmart(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2022
Has much has want a different candidate from Tinubu and Atiku
Obi is not serious he's no structure in place few months to election you decide to go to Egypt my question what were you doing all this while
You want to fix Nigeria unprepared
It will shock us

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by XerXers: 8:04am On Jun 19, 2022
I maintain that SE, SS NC is enough for Obi to win. If Kwankwaso doesn't want to step down let him go. Chose a VP from north central

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by temitope27(m): 8:05am On Jun 19, 2022
Help2020:

Why you hate good thing like this? Don't you want to be the first person in your family to own a car? Or to live a good live under a performing government?
I ve 3 professors in family, and am doing well already, unlike you that depends on a messaih politician b4 u can make it. Please go get a job b4 it's too late, cos obi will never smell aso rock gate

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Abujason: 8:05am On Jun 19, 2022
So How was APC formed? Was it not by merger of different political parties or will it be different now because somebody’s lifetime ambition to become president is threatened?

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Divoc19(f): 8:06am On Jun 19, 2022
They didn't think this right on time.
Peter Obi shouldn't have left PDP. He should have served with Atiku to gain momentum
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Prayfortheworld: 8:06am On Jun 19, 2022
Help2020:

Why you hate good thing like this? Don't you want to be the first person in your family to own a car? Or to live a good live under a performing government?
Guy!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Massdamm(m): 8:06am On Jun 19, 2022
chatinent:
In all this initial gragra, one would think after the elections the country will become Paris.
I dy tell you bro...
No mind them...

Jagaban ti verified
Awa lo kan
Emi lo kan

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Mynd44: 8:07am On Jun 19, 2022
FalseProphet1:

I don't see this as a problem.

Kwankwaso can easily talk to his supporters to move to LP. When Rochas won the governorship election under APGA, we defected to APC and carried his supporters with him, Dave of Ebonyi state did the same thing, he went to APC with his supporters.

Kwankwaso is highly respected in the North, he can talk to all his supporters and aspirants to defect to LP and support his vision.

It's not an issue, cos we've seen it play out so many times.

And the candidates that won primary under NNPP?

Will all the candidates of LP step down for them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Prayfortheworld: 8:07am On Jun 19, 2022
Help2020:

Guy!! grin grin grin

Tomorrow he will come here to tell us to help him that he has not eaten since last year
Leave those f**ls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by porthouse7(f): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2022
FalseProphet1:

Kwankwaso can easily talk to his supporters to move to LP. When Rochas won the governorship election under APGA, we defected to APC and carried his supporters with him, Dave of Ebonyi state did the same thing, he went to APC with his supporters.

Kwankwaso is highly respected in the North, he can talk to all his supporters and aspirants to defect to LP and support his vision.

Igbo reasoning filling with emotion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by chatinent: 8:10am On Jun 19, 2022
Massdamm:

I dy tell you bro...
No mind them...

Jagaban ti verified
Awa lo kan
Emi lo kan

Actually, I no mind any of them..including Tinubu, Atiku and Obi.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by KGD10: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool before us is a move to change the direction of this country ship. Not like am begging anyone to vote for Peter Obi when the time comes. But if you allow the old money bags win make sure you are earning in dollars because I see dollar hitting 1000 in due time. If you complain they will send the army police to shoot you. Be wise

What did Obi do in Anambra? Abeg shift

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by muykem: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2022
Kwankwaso and Peter Obi left PDP for sole aim of pursuing their presidential ambition. What they need is alliance not a merger. NNPP is strictly under Kwankwaso but labour party is not under Peter Obi. They can adopt NNPP and resolve the issue of position.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Enumerator(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2022
Shut up
chatinent:
In all this initial gragra, one would think after the elections the country will become Paris.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by consciousman: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2022
I see Peter obi joining nnpp as their presidential candidate. Nnpp has structure more than LP.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2022
Both parties are well informed, also remember that for INEC Chairman is also a member
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by PeterObi4LP: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2022
Let me summarize it for those who don't understand. Nnpp and LP is not talking about to merge and create a new political party. They are discussing to merge, one person among the two should collapse his structure and be VP to the other. This is the internal talk going on between NNPP and LP NEC and party chieftains.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Teymanhenry(f): 8:12am On Jun 19, 2022
Obi was not calculative enough. He could have stayed played the waiting game and remained in PDP to become Atiku's running mate. This would give him a better chance of becoming a president in a few years. Now he's gone to LP n realized the inevitable. Even when the man of God told you that you'll become president, you gotta act smartly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Validated: 8:12am On Jun 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems

Solution

Problem from Solution

You missed it. In 2014, SW voted PDP for President and ACN for other position simple!
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by ProfLogan(m): 8:13am On Jun 19, 2022
saints2:
I doubt the INEC will be an issue... Merger won't affect any of the mentioned above.. Both parties have their legal adviser and they must have studied the terms and conditions of INEC so I don't think this will deter the merger

You dey mind them? When AC and CPC merged in 2014, where were they?

Yeye people

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Adexchelsea19(m): 8:13am On Jun 19, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This is funny. Kwankwaso started NNPC and the party is very strong in the north. He’s the founder of his party and they can easily win one or two sits in the house of assembly and maybe governorship elections. Obi is not the owner of LP, in fact he just defected to the party few weeks ago… so who is suppose to move to the other party amongs these two? It’s obi… no sentiments

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Gabbriell: 8:14am On Jun 19, 2022
They have cashed out big.

APC have used them to rigged the election already.

APC just waiting for INEC to announce the result in 2023.

When will Nigerians ever get sense?

You can all start insulting me now,but make sure you bookmark this comment for reference purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Mynd44: 8:14am On Jun 19, 2022
Validated:

You missed it. In 2014, SW voted PDP for President and ACN for other position simple!
1. There was no presidential Election in 2023
2. I guess you were referring to 2015, in 2015, ACN was defunct.

Please come correctly with this political history thing
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Gentlevip: 8:15am On Jun 19, 2022
Dreamings [/color]is allowes[color=#000099] grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Being Flogged To Get Free Bread & Yam In Lagos (Video) / Buhari Appoints Bashir Jamoh As New NIMASA Boss / APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off: Tinubu Arrives Jos, Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.