Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger (44437 Views)

Atiku, Kwankwaso, Obi Discussing Merger To Wrest Power From APC - AriseTV / 2023: I Am In Talks With Kwankwaso, Obi & one of them may possibly come - Atiku / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Slynation(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2022
chatinent:
In all this initial gragra from Obi, Tinubu, and Atiku, and so on, one would think after the elections the country will become Paris.
Asin ehh...grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Bobloco: 11:54am On Jun 19, 2022
Teymanhenry:
Obi was not calculative enough. He could have stayed played the waiting game and remained in PDP to become Atiku's running mate. This would give him a better chance of becoming a president in a few years. Now he's gone to LP n realized the inevitable. Even when the man of God told you that you'll become president, you gotta act smartly

There is no guarantee that he would have been chosen as a VP if he had remained in PDP
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by akanbiaa(m): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Problems
1. Both parties can't merge
2. A new party can't be formed

Solution
1. One candidate leaves his party and joins the other party

Problem from Solution
1. Peter Obi is poster boy for LP will he leave LP for NNPP?

2. It is difficult for Kwankwaso to leave NNPP for LP because

i. His party has strong candidates especially in the Northwest and it will be tedious for them to move to Labor with him
ii. Will candidates under LP be willing to forgo their candidacy for NNPP candidates or will NNPP candidates be willing to forgo their candidacy for LP candidates?

Solution to problems from Solution
Kwankwaso leaves alone to LP and abandon his candidates in NNPP but this will be the worst political move ever
Peter Obi's strength is the majority of the South East While Kwankwaso strength is some part of Kano State. So if any merger it is Kwankwaso that will make more sacrifice.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by TuFab(f): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai goodbye. Buhari is less currupt when compared to Tinubu well nothing else left to say. Make una vote the finish level na una it will consume

It's just unfortunate that Tinubu and buhari happen to be in the same party.
Buhari should be the gate man of Tinubu's House judging by their intellect, but because they're in the same party, they place them at par.

That's the unfortunate situation we met ourselves in, aboki people are not supposed to be in the same country with normal people.
My prayer is for every region to govern itself, enough of this lost nation situation.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Teenaira: 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
Spaxon:
ADVANTAGES
1. Good Political Move
2. Formidable Alliance
3. Equally Good Candidates.

DISADVANTAGE
a. Wrong timing

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
¹. Urgent need to collapse structure.

². Kwankwaso should merge with Obi.

³. Both should be aware that now the only Goal that their Structure(s) may achieve is Just the Office of the President.

I wish them all the best.

Their merge will not lead to any electoral victory in this 2023 election but could be quite effective in subsequent elections.

Second issue is that it will be easy for Obi to become the president on Twitter than in a real election.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Teenaira: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
SenatePresdo:
Obi can never be running mate to kwankwaso.

If kwankwaso can't be Obi's VP, then to your tenth oh Israel.

Everybody should go and test their popularity.

None of them can become president of the federal republic of Nigeria in a real election but it is a possibility on Twitter.

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by TuFab(f): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:
We Yoruba youths stand on the mandate of Peter Obi, whether in the rain or in the sun!!!

You're on your own o hanty.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by zicoraads: 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Why is it a bad move?

When the elections have been won, they can then merge with less hassles.
The elections won't be won even with Kwankwaso as Obi's running mate. Kwankwaso's NNPP is only popular in one state, Kano. Outside Kano, nothing.

The one man who will get the North's votes piling behind him, outside of Zulum and El-Rufai in the APC, is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

That being said, Kwankwaso is the undisputed leader of the NNPP. He has sitting senators. He has members of the House of Reps. He has state assembly members. In terms of political weight, he brings more to the table.

He leaves now he loses out completely, especially if as expected, Labour loses the elections, which might also affect the NNPP in Kano.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Help2020: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
sokera:
because he can afford it and to avoid fake medicine our ibo brothers import into the country , Abi you want to kill out leader with fake drugs your ibo ppl bring in from China ?… if you can avoid it go for it … is that against the constitution?
so he built hospital for the ibos to bring in fake drugs? Your shamelessness they shame me.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Cloud007: 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
kwankwaso is stronger than Obi and his supporters would rather merge with Atiku a northerner than being under a Southern candidate or a Southern party...not to talk of South East. That's the thinking of the North oligarchs. With abundance of northern ego...they know that a VP is as good as no body. Just like the merger of Banks those days. Who ever get to produce the GMD takes it all. Are the North ready to surrender all to southeast?I see most but didn't see that happening..
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by SugarGirl44(f): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
Mrshocker:
Atiku,Obi,Kwankazo are all in pdp in 2019 and they were defeated. now they are devided to 3 parties and you people still thinking of winning Apc that have more governors than 2019 with stronger united committee's machinery. they will win with the biggest margin in history. even if they field dead abacha as there presidential aspirant.

Shebi daydreaming is allowed, moreover it's free.
Anybody can daydream abeg.
Lolz.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by sweetjohn(m): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:
We Yoruba youths stand on the mandate of Peter Obi, whether in the rain or in the sun!!!
Correct person. You will have nothing to regret about this decision for the sake and future of your children and children unborn..

We the good people of Nigeria are moving to a better Nigeria solidly being Obi-dient

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
zicoraads:

The elections won't be won even with Kwankwaso as Obi's running mate. Kwankwaso's NNPP is only popular in one state, Kano. Outside Kano, nothing.

The one man who will get the North's votes piling behind him, outside of Zulum and El-Rufai in the APC, is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

That being said, Kwankwaso is the undisputed leader of the NNPP. He has sitting senators. He has members of the House of Reps. He has state assembly members. In terms of political weight, he brings more to the table.

He leaves now he loses out completely, especially if as expected, Labour loses the elections, which might also affect the NNPP in Kano.

Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by SugarGirl44(f): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
seunmsg:

And how exactly will this work? You mean Senator Shekarau, Hon. Abdulmumin Jubril and the governorship candidate of NNPP in Kano should all abandon their aspirations and move to LP so that Kwakwanso can get the VP ticket? How does this make sense to you?

That's the mentality of a typical igbo person.
They're so annoyingly entitled!
Omg!
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Neddyogu(m): 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
Help2020:

You're clearly suffering from assertive ignorance.. The fact that you could not see that as an error which could happen to any one speaks volume of how low your IQ is. little wonder why you're supporting great grand father to continue to rule over your useless
life.. You claimed to be educated, yet you didn't see anything wrong in Nigeria not having stable electricity in 21st century.
You're educated you didn't see anything wrong in your leaders leaving hospitals they build and going to foreign countries for medical care. Today is father's day,do well to ask your father his worst day ever,you will find out that the day he released that useless sperm that result in useless soul like you is his worse day. You fccking slowpoke,a nitwit. Bastard

Oga go and sit ur sorry illiterate ass down where the sun don't shine. Your useless barn-yard animal of a father is to blame for siring a confirmed lunatic like ur useless self that should be in some asylum with ur prokaryotic ganglion. Useless beast that cannot think. Like I said, yours is a sorry case and I have no intention whatsoever of wasting time on a scallywag like yourself. Adios Idiota!!
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by swissgoldenpro2: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hmm, interesting
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Zelenskyy(m): 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kwankwaso should not make this mistake....

His movement is strong already...
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Teenaira: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
FalseProphet1:

I don't see this as a problem.

Kwankwaso can easily talk to his supporters to move to LP. When Rochas won the governorship election under APGA, we defected to APC and carried his supporters with him, Dave of Ebonyi state did the same thing, he went to APC with his supporters.

Kwankwaso is highly respected in the North, he can talk to all his supporters and aspirants to defect to LP and support his vision.

It's not an issue, cos we've seen it play out so many times.

Why will he defect to LP ? If he wants to defect, he could look for a formidable party not a baby Twitter party.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by fyneguy: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
saints2:
I doubt the INEC will be an issue... Merger won't affect any of the mentioned above.. Both parties have their legal adviser and they must have studied the terms and conditions of INEC so I don't think this will deter the merger

Merger is impossible during an election year

A similar situation happened between APP and AD, in 1999.

Falae had to contest under APP, with Umaru Shinkafi as his running. Only an alliance is possible

Obasanjo still won.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Teenaira: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Then they should join hands together by collapsing structure for one another. Like, kwakwaso should agree to be VP to obi and sign agreement that, after obi tenor, he will handover to kwakwaso. Just my % of advice.

Why will a well grounded politician like Kwankwaso be a VP to a baby politician like Peter Obi whose only objective is to become president. From my observation, Peter Obi is more desperate to become president than Tinubu or ATIKU but he is not ready to invest in the process. Wise people will all know what the outcome of such desperation will be.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Skyehigher1: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
saints2:
I doubt the INEC will be an issue... Merger won't affect any of the mentioned above.. Both parties have their legal adviser and they must have studied the terms and conditions of INEC so I don't think this will deter the merger
he can affect them because any merger must form before the presidential convention of both party merge just be like APC. You will see ACN. CPC. APGA . nPDP. All of them merge before convention. The only solution for them now is that they should collapse their structure and one of them should pick as running mate
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Help2020: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
Neddyogu:

[s]
Oga go and sit ur sorry ur ass down where the sun don't shine. My useless barn-yard animal of a father is to blame for siring a confirmed lunatic like my useless self that should be in some asylum with my prokaryotic ganglion. Useless beast that cannot think like. Like I said, mine is a sorry case and I have no intention whatsoever of wasting time on a scallywag like myself. Adios Idiota like me[/s]!!
Perfectly fixed. Don't thank me,I did it for God.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Teenaira: 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool before us is a move to change the direction of this country ship. Not like am begging anyone to vote for Peter Obi when the time comes. But if you allow the old money bags win make sure you are earning in dollars because I see dollar hitting 1000 in due time. If you complain they will send the army police to shoot you. Be wise

I am more afraid of Peter Obi's presidency than that of the older Polithiefians
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by zicoraads: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
[quote author=PrimadonnaO post=113950333][/quote]
Mai dear...

Obi won't win. I love your enthusiasm and that of others around his candidacy, but the reality is he won't win.

No vex. cheesy
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by FuckOsuPigs: 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
saints2:

Since you know it all... Will it be a crime to quote what the law says?

Since you can type, you should also be able to read what the law says.

Abi no be so?
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by RALPHOW(m): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
Obi may move to NNPP, it's easy for his educated followers to understand.
Why Kwankwaso give up his Presidential Ticket for Obi/ Kwakwanso ticket

For Yoruba Nation Progress, vote Asiwaju !
For Nigeria Nation Progress, vote Peter Obi!!
Nigeria for sale vote Atiku!!!
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by DrGeoAngel: 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
SenatePresdo:
Obi can never be running mate to kwankwaso.

If kwankwaso can't be Obi's VP, then to your tenth oh Israel.

Everybody should go and test their popularity.

How is it your business? Face your evil APC/PDP
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by lizychimamanda(f): 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
johnjose68:

Ms trash talker, Obi was governor when young Igbo youths were slaughtered and dumped inside Ezu river.. he did absolutely nothing, lying Pandoran...He made no move, he never set up a panel about the killings, Nwafor and his killing squad were never indicted, erring police officers were never arrested and made to face trial, victims were never identified and compensation was never paid. You can only fool the gullible, lying Chinko stooge.

it's my choice to be Obidient...
Ur history makes no sense to me.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by lizychimamanda(f): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
Aurielfinizu:

Young lizard is called what?
good afternoon to u too.
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by MrSly(m): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by Iliveforever(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
poiZon:

They r trying to highlight the merits and demerits of this obi/kwankwaso thing to una, u dey form sowore..
Tomorrow now u will shout our VOTES don't count....

How many times have you guys done so about tinubu??

It’s always about Obi.
You tribalistic bigots will have no place in this election
Re: Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger by shegz24(m): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
“The merger is important because as you can see both the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) did not pick their running mates from the South-East"

Kwankwaso wants Obi to be his running mate.

Obi supporters are still dreaming that Kwankwaso who has more voting supporters will step down for Obi.

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

DSS Appoints Mani As New Chief Security Officer For President-elect, Buhari / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) / Two Close Contacts With Bala Mohammed Test Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.