Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. (19602 Views)

My Journey This Morning To A Bush Market. / How To Start And Run A Shortlet Apartment Business In Lagos, Nigeria / Cheap Short-Let apartment Needed In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrjojo: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
How reliable are solar system for say, security light, doors, cctv. Because most people I know with solar panels on there roofs still have generators.

Thank for thread, following

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
mrjojo:
How reliable are solar system for say, security light, doors, cctv. Because most people I know with solar panels on there roofs still have generators.

Solar has been around for ages. Just go for the best and you will be fine. Yes you can still buy and keep your generator.
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by Drfinn: 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
Mrsage, thanks so much for this information.
This is really an eye opener into the world of real estate investment.
Hopefully, I will continue to follow your insightful post, and do further research as you encouraged before venturing into it.
I understand that charges are based on location. Could give some information on pricing? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by madridguy(m): 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
Thanks for the information.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by lokojay1989(m): 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
OP thank you for this informative thread, we are waiting for the update
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by lokojay1989(m): 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
mrjojo:

Solar system is very reliable. The initial cost of installation is on the high side. But will good installation you don't need generator.
You can dm me.
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by Steelarmy01: 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
Nice! But you didn't show us a picture of how the 500k self con turned out after furnishings.

Wonder why this post didn't make fp?
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by nuella2015: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Just starts reading and in 45 minutes I finished.
Thanks for bringing up and sharing this kind of secret.
I am following closely.
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by Dieuetla: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
Thanks for this eye opening information.

Ride on
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by WhiteAngels001(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2022
Following Obidiently
One of the best threads I've come across on nairaland.
Thanks a lot sir

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
Good job
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
To be continued by 7pm tomorrow

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by tunde4top(m): 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2022
mrsage:

Thanks a lot sir for this great thread....
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by nnamdiosu(m): 12:39am On Jul 13, 2022
mrsage:
I will appreciate some form of response.

Kindly type hello or Hi

Then we proceed....

Remember I still have lots of stories and valuable information to share....

Hello bro,
Contact me to set up a shortlet management app. Helps customers book down apartments, make payment online,
mrsage:
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by nnamdiosu(m): 12:40am On Jul 13, 2022
mrsage:
I will appreciate some form of response.

Kindly type hello or Hi

Then we proceed....

Remember I still have lots of stories and valuable information to share....

Hello bro, contact me to set up a shortlet management application for your business. Customers can book apartments and make payments online, check in and out etc.

Send me a pm and we can discuss.
Cheers
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by khvnggift(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2022
Threads like this should make fp.. fgs �.. i dey follow b2b
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
Drfinn:
Mrsage, thanks so much for this information.
This is really an eye opener into the world of real estate investment.
Hopefully, I will continue to follow your insightful post, and do further research as you encouraged before venturing into it.
I understand that charges are based on location. Could give some information on pricing? Thanks.

Long Lease Price Guide as at Today

*LEASE AND INVESTMENT*
*(Yaba,Pedro,Ladilak, Bariga,Charley boy, Obanikoro, and Gbagada)*

� 2 bed lease @ Charley boy Gbagada 10m (15years lease) pay and occupy.

�3 bedroom @ sholuyi Gbagada 10m (15yrs lease) pay and pack in

�Two bedroom duplex for lease at Gbagada 13m now to 15years lease 85% complete

�Two bedroom at ilaje 10m. 15years lease pay and park

� Tastefully finished Two bedroom upstair 13m for 17years (neg)

�Miniflat at obanikoro 5m for 15year lease
pay and park pay and pack

�Miniflat with two toilets and water heater, Pedro 6m for 21yr lease, pay and pack

�Miniflat 5m for 17 years new garage Gbagada pay and pack

�Miniflat 5m for 15year Charley boy Gbagada 95% complete

�Miniflat at Ebutte Metta Yaba 5m for 15 year pay and earn.

�Miniflat duplex at Ebutte Metta 7m for 15 years pay and earn
�Miniflat at Gbagada 4.5m at Gbagada to 18yrs pay and park in

�Miniflat at bariga 5m for 15year 95% complete

�Miniflat 5m for 15years abule ijesha yaba 90% complete

�Miniflat at 4.5m for 18year shomolu pay and pack

�Miniflat 4m for 15years bajulaye. 90% complete

�Miniflat 5.5m for 15yre ojuelegba pay and pack in.

�Miniflat 7m at surulere pay and pack in.

�Miniflat 4.5m for 15year ilaje 92%

�Miniflat 5m for 15 year Ebutte Metta pay and earn

�Miniflat 4.5m for 15 year ladilak pedro pay and earn

�Roomself 2.5m for 15 years Pedro ladilak pay and earn

�Roomself 1.8m for 15 years (2 units available , pay and earn)

�Roomself 1.5m for 15 years (3 units left) 90% complete

�Roomself at fola agoro 4m for 15 years pay and earn

�Roomself 4m for 21 years with water heater pay and earn

�Roomself 2.5m for 15 years Charley boy 90% complete

�Roomself 2.5m for 17years at new garage Gbagada pay and earn

�Roomself 2.5m for 15 years Gbagada pay and earn

�Roomself 2.3m for 15 years at bajulaye and ilaje pay and earn 99%

�Roomself 2.5m at 15year abule ijesha 95%
And lot more...

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2022
Steelarmy01:
Nice! But you didn't show us a picture of how the 500k self con turned out after furnishings.

Wonder why this post didn't make fp?

The lease amount is far more than 500k

Kindly check my previous post for the price guide.

Picture after furnishing

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2022
nnamdiosu:

Hello bro, contact me to set up a shortlet management application for your business. Customers can book apartments and make payments online, check in and out etc.

Send me a pm and we can discuss.
Cheers

Will keep in touch.
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
I want to take a break for the next few days, all I want to do is answer questions.

Lets share ideas too.

Drop your questions and comments.
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by nnamdiosu(m): 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
mrsage:

Will keep in touch.

Noted. Cheers.
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by laivwire(m): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
Thanks mrsage.

I'd like to ask.
1. Isn't it better to test run a property for say a year before commiting fully to a long term lease.
2. Do you put macro economic factors into consideration for an area as well like if the area has the potential to appreciate in value in the near future.
3. How do you handle neighbors who see different faces every other day in the apartment.
4. If folks in diaspora coming on vacation are the major demand makers, won't that affect the frequency of patronage and cash flow of the business?
5. Is it better to float and market your apartment on your own or advertise through AirBnb and other platforms.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 9:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
laivwire:
Thanks mrsage.

I'd like to ask.
1. Isn't it better to test run a property for say a year before commiting fully to a long term lease.
2. Do you put macro economic factors into consideration for an area as well like if the area has the potential to appreciate in value in the near future.
3. How do you handle neighbors who see different faces every other day in the apartment.
4. If folks in diaspora coming on vacation are the major demand makers, won't that affect the frequency of patronage and cash flow of the business?
5. Is it better to float and market your apartment on your own or advertise through AirBnb and other platforms.

Thanks

Lets take it one after the other

Question 1.

In the world of real estate investment you do not test run a property. What you do is carry out due diligence before purchase.

You go round the environment, ask questions from agents and people within the neighbourhood. Ask the experts too.

Also find out if government has plans for the environment in terms of infrastructure, roads etc. That's how decisions are made in real estate.

If necessary go with an expert, before purchase you will get all the answers you need.

I also discovered that some developers use sub standard building materials. The solution is to find a building expert to carry out visual and other relevant inspection of the property.

Also ask the developer a lot of questions before you make payment. Find out the plans for maintainance of facilities within the building.

Also make sure your apartment is in a good spot within the building. I usually recommend ground floor ot 1st floor. I dont like to stress my clients.

If everything checks out, proceed.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
Question 2.

Thr answer is yes, factor in growth prospects. However in real estate generally prices always go up.
There are areas I will never invest in.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
Question 3.

Before payment always inform the property developer.

It may be stated in the long lease agreement. So its clear what your apartment will be used for.

Concerning other tenants. I simply inform them too.

Its not an illegal business so no worries.

Its not a problem as long as everybody minds his or her own business and the house has a facility manager to sort things out.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
Question 4

You see those Diaspora people they all dont visit at the same time. This is because they visit for various reasons.

Its not centred around vacation alone. They visit for burial ceremonies, weddings, business projects, spiritual problems and so many reasons. As a matter of fact they visit all year round.

Have you noticed that Airlines have daily flights to Nigeria?

Also the local guests always vist too. A combination of Local and diaspora guests will always keep you in business.

7 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
Question 5

As a business owner, all I want is patronage.

Show me any platform that can drive patronage to my business and I jump at it. I don't even waste time.

So I market on my own and list on all other booking platforms as well. It's free to list on booking platforms and they have reputation so I have nothing to lose.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by laivwire(m): 8:24am On Jul 14, 2022
mrsage:
Question 5

As a business owner, all I want is patronage.

Show me any platform that can drive patronage to my business and I jump at it. I don't even waste time.

So I market on my own and list on all other booking platforms as well. It's free to list on booking platforms and they have reputation so I have nothing to lose.

Thanks for tackling the questions comprehensively and one after the other. It's quite some valuable information.
Following

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by MonogramMaster(m): 9:52am On Jul 14, 2022
mrsage:
What is the ideal Apartment for short let business

Research has revealed that 2 and 3 Bedroom apartments are the most sought after in the industry.

However there is also reasonable demand for Studio apartments and Mini flats.

Thanks MrSage for starting this class. I'm a late entrant. I saw this yesterday and I'm bidding my time to read through all posts.

The part in bold here took me by surprise. I'd thought that selfcon and minis would be the favourites as against 2 bed and 3 bed.

Please elucidate on this.

I must thank you for starting a useful thread like this.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by MonogramMaster(m): 11:05am On Jul 14, 2022
I've finished reading it all. I must commend MrSage for his good heart to enlighten people and to guide others in their journeys to real estate business establishment.

Thanks once again for all the info. I've saved your number and will certainly give you a call.
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by Gbagura: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
Mrsage, that's for this educative thread. My question is who does the cleaning of the apartment during and after each occupation? Do you do it yourself, hire a cleaner or the client do the cleaning?
Re: My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. by mrsage(m): 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
MonogramMaster:

Thanks MrSage for starting this class. I'm a late entrant. I saw this yesterday and I'm bidding my time to read through all posts.

The part in bold here took me by surprise. I'd thought that selfcon and minis would be the favourites as against 2 bed and 3 bed.

Please elucidate on this.

I must thank you for starting a useful thread like this.

Will answer this by 7pm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Devaluation: IMF Versus Buhari - Henry Boyo / I Just Observed All Bank Network Is Down. / PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.