Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father (16193 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? / As A Parent, Share Those Crazy/funny Act Of Your Kids You Witnessed / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Origin(f): 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nobody like my papa

He did for the household....

Did for the guests....

Did for strangers....

Mighty old but still keeps giving.

God bless u baami.

9 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by colonelwealth(m): 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
God1000:
she needs serious help

Pls bro, kindly change that your moniker from God1000 to god1000.
It's a sign of respect pls.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by UnknownQueen(f): 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
During my undergraduate days in OOU, there was this ago crises most oouites can relate with, my daddy drove amidst the crises to come pick us up from school, not minding that he could be attacked by hoodlum, he cared so much about the lives of his children, and decided to come to our aids....a lot of students back then joined trailers, tippers, trucks and different outrageous transportation medium just to get out of ago iwoye that day ...

I love my dad so much that words can express how much I value the gesture he showed on that faithful day.....

9 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
My dad always had a lax attitude when it comes to keeping up with his financial responsibility as the head of the family. My dad used to have the mindset of "if I don't have, I don't have". It was my mum who fought tooth and nail ensuring we never lacked.

In spite of these, I love my dad more than anybody else in this world. For me, he comes first. Never met anyone as generous as my dad (well, except, perhaps my ex). My dad is magnanimous, liberal and very wise. He's the life of the party, never met anyone who didn't love my dad on meeting him. He's charismatic, takes everyone as they are...never judging.

I've heard about how entitled some parents can be. Not my dad. My dad would never ask you for anything. He'd rather eat sand. He's a very contented man and I took after him in so many ways. How my dad went from being very rich to losing it all and not getting his hands dirty still beats me. There are no words to describe him really. He's one in a million.

Also, can't forget how he cared for us when he was so rich. As a kiddie, I knew the password to his briefcase. My dad is your dream dad, the kind who plays with his children a lot, never shouting, criticising or spanking. It's my dad who used to tell us stories not my mum. Despite his shortcomings as a father and husband, it's impossible to forget these things unless I was an ungrateful child.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Autobot05: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
missimelda01:

Don't be scared, sacrifice is an act of love.

I know. Someday sometime I will have to step up and face it.

Jesus is the ONLY Way ❤️

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by yomi531(m): 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
I think the real SIMPs are people who value their mum more than their dads. I dont mean dead beat dads though. If the world could have about 10 fathers like mine, no need to have a mother again sef. No be mouth talk. Since nursery sch till uni days, I was never driven for sch fees. My dad visited me in boarding sch every Thursdays. All the gate men knew him. My dad will have to dodge me to go back home whenever he brings me to sch coz, na so so cry I go dey cry. He was the father and mother to me and my sisters. My dad was on his sick bed and was still sending me money for feeding in sch. For people who always insult fathers, una no get luck see better dad. Rest on Daddy. I am amongst the very few percentage of guys who love their dads more than their mums in the universe.

8 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by akins33: 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
Earned millions from his pension used it to settle our fees,and used som few naira to buy okrika clots

Gave us a car to use in school,while he used public transport.

All the house documents in mum's name just in case.

Never EVER cheated on my mum.

9 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by flakkybakky(f): 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
My dad was there for us when mum left us, he sold all his panel beating tools for I nd my siblings to attend a private school, till date he couldn't open up to Grandpa whenever he ask him of those tools.U struggled to see us grow,u raised us single handedly.I told u to remarry but u said no wipe efe sinwa debiti eru otini bawa,my first born nd my half sibling are mates cos u choose to cater for us Daddy I pray to God everyday to enlarge my coast so I can give u all u desire, I have been trying but it's not enough. Baba folake isu omo ajina funyin je,nigba to ba jina,koni bayin ninu aare

,koni bayin ninu saare.. TOTO , CAN'T LOVE U LESS DAD,from ur first fruit

15 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Deborah98(f): 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
I will be lost in thoughts. Is it the day he went to out to hustle for money to feed us after he pension was denied? Or him giving off his first car to my in-law so they can raise their family from the proceeds? Or the numerous late night teachings and coaching he gives me that are paying off now? Or the many unseen sacrifices he does in and for the family that we thought was someone else? My dad in one word is my hero and I'm super proud to come from his loins. God bless you Dad. I owe you a lot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Noble19(m): 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
We all give all the praises to mothers alone, while the man who ensure he marry the best of woman receive none.

My father is great he gave me a wonderful mother ❣️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by farydah: 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
For always being by me especially when I fell ill , for being outside the theater when I had a lumpectomy in SS1, for validating my dreams and making me the strong female I am today, I wish you a happy father's day.

Despite the fact that I'm a lady, I admired how responsible you were and it defined how I am currently running my home. Thank you for being a shining example sir. I love you

4 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Layi4real(m): 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
Rest in peace father.....
Even though u have sacrifice alot for the family that is impossible to mention Finnish here.
I recall 2020 when we students are on both ASUU and covid 19 break, me i decide not to come home because there is no light in ibadan nd I'm not the type that love living with families nd friends. So i decide to spend my break at sch far North untill one day after spending nothing less 4month in sch i started missing him nd i decide to travel home the following day. On getting home the old man was jumping with joy very healthy. Only to fall sick a week after thou spiritual attack as some cleric says. Few week struggling for his life in the hospital the man lost his life.
The amazing part of the story is that as we are struggling to get money to treat him he never said he had money in a secret acct which he opened nd save me nd my brother next session sch fees. We only get to find out some months inside his diary with the atm and the password. He is uneducated but he value education very much

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by johnsung: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
Seeing some comments self I'm becoming teary already. My Dad was a teacher a farmer and an okada rider just to meet up with our daily needs. Anytime I think of this man's sacrifice for his children I can't just hold the tears back. He made sure he sent all his 4 children to school up to university level. I remember when I gained admission and he had to pay over 100k for my fees he had to travel twice in a day from badagry to Maryland with the bad road just to go get a loan for my fees cuz I was already running out of time to pay. Every 7pm he takes his okada out, wear his cardigan to go hustle and comes back when we've all gone to bed sometimes, just so we can have something to eat and take to school the next day. The day his first son died he cried like he lost 4 of us, I wasn't even crying because I lost my brother I was crying seeing the way my Dad was crying. After all the sacrifice he has made to make him something he then lost him when he's suppose to enjoy it. And despite the much love he has for his children he never withhold his cain against us when we misbehave, he gave us good ass whooping to reset our brains. I just thank God he's still alive now to see me become a man and enjoy his labour.

17 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
yomi531:
I think the real SIMPs are people who value their mum more than their dads. I dont mean dead beat dads though. If the world could have about 10 fathers like mine, no need to have a mother again sef. No be mouth talk. Since nursery sch till uni days, I was never driven for sch fees.

Your dad is the real MVP. Would have said shoutout to him but he's late now. R. I. P. My dad only visited me once in boarding school. He came for a party in the state that I was so he branched with his friend to see me. It was on a visiting day yet he came with nothing. Not even money. As a very contented girl, I took it in good stride, never complaining. But can't forget that day as I was very in need. You know boarding house things na.. lol

4 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by seanwilliam(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
My papa ehn grin e Dey dramatic.

But he’s been there for me gan,
Don’t know where to start from self , na him responsibility i be back then , but now he’s mine responsibility.. God bless him

3 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Kelvin3476: 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
A MAN THAT BROUGHT LIGHT IN THE WHOLE OF MY COMMUNITY AMAKOHIA~UBI, A MAN WHO NEVER LET ANY INDIGENE OF HIS COMMUNITY EVER GET HARRASED OUTSIDE HIS COMMUNITY, A MAN WHO KEPT HIS WOUNDS TO TREAT THE LESS PRIVILEDGED, A MAN WHO MADE THE WHOLE NEIGHBOURHOOD GET JEALOUS OF THE KIND DAD WE HAD, A MAN WHO GAVE US EVERYTHING CHILDREN NEEDS AND ASSURED US HEAVEN ON EARTH EVEN WHEN HE GOES THROUGH BRIMSTONE, A MAN THE COMMUNITY MOURNED AND ARE STILL MOURNING .

R.I.P UGWUCHINYERE 1 OF AMAKOHI~UBI UMUNWAOHA.

7 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by OlusegunFash: 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2022
That reminds me the day I want to open Bank Acct, the bikeman carry both of us Fall, Dad injure because he sat at the back but I jump with No injury still Dad focus on me not even think about is own....
Many unforgettable event.
Rest On Dad.

3 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by lizychimamanda(f): 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2022
missimelda01:

Sorry about that, try showing him love and some day he'll return it.
yea, I have been doing just that. Thank you smiley
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by yomi531(m): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
nighter:

Your dad is the real MVP. Would have said shoutout to him but he's late now. R. I. P. My dad only visited me once in boarding school. He came for a party in the state that I was so he branched with his friend to see me. It was on a visiting day yet he came with nothing. Not even money. As a very contented girl, I took it in good stride, never complaining. But can't forget that day as I was very in need. You know boarding house things na.. lol
Thanks sis. I miss that man. About ur dad, pls forgive him

3 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by GloriousGbola: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
Redpillar:

Wait for mother’s day. Your mother is a mother.

I'll See you on the other side cry cry
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Redpillar(m): 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I'll See you on the other side cry cry

Hahahaha. See me here o. grin

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Mariangeles(f): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
Noble19:
We all give all the praises to mothers alone, while the man who ensure he marry the best of woman receive none.

My father is great he gave me a wonderful mother ❣️

The best thing a man can give his children.

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by JustcallmeFavou(f): 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hmmmmmm, I wish I can write something great about my father. But it's so unfortunate that can't!

Those of you that have good, and responsible father's, you don't know what God has done for you. Be good to them, cherish them, and show them love whenever you can.

I have a lot to say about mine, but some things ares better left unsaid!

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by ChoCho54(f): 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
Awww .

As a teenager, I was in the habit of soaking my clothes for days without washing grin grin

My father sees it and he scolds you and then washes them for you. But my mum would just carry them and pour outside when there's sand for you grin

4 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by GoldenqueenC(f): 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
He always visits me during visiting days in boarding school, he sent me to university and made sure I graduated,he always listen to me,I was the mediator between him and my siblings and even my mom as his first daughter, he became sick and died before I could find my path in life.Rip dad, forever in my heart.

3 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by TruthUntold: 7:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
akpunda86:
My dad drove a 504 Wagon for 35 years while all his friends then drove Benz Concord 500sel and high class cars,today reverse is the case for all his friends,he sacrificed luxury for our well beings and today he is worth billions of Naira for he acquired.

Funny my Dad sent more than 16 guys to Europe but non of his kids ,said he has a reason which we all grew up to understand,but that same Europe na water now.

Unfortunately Dad lost his sight but living with it well,Love U popsi.
To all the Dads there struggling it shall be well with us .Never accept Never.
take a little out of those billions and carry the man go do am laser eye surgery, if you're lucky, he might see again.
I'm looking at you funny sha, this your writeup get as e be. Hmmm.
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Onelove508: 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
kenedyx:

Of course you wouldn't remember any. Ungrateful females.
Later if it's to come online to insult men, you'll carry first. Rubbish!

My dad (pbuh) literally entered our burning house to rescue me and my siblings .. it was October of 2001, I can't forget.

He put out that fire all by himself and nothing relating to documents or papers were burnt because he made sure of that. He was also able to save at least 80 percent of the building structure with just small burns here and there on his body to show for it.

A real man I tell you, I could go on and on. May his soul rest in peace. Shout out to all men and not just fathers.

If he/she has no memory of his/her father is it his/her fault or is it by force to have a memory that isn't there.

My father is still alive and ok but I have no memory of him making any sacrifice for me, he is just there.

My mother doubles as my father.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by ChoCho54(f): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
FutureIsFemale:
You will not get much response here. That's because fathers do not do much. If this thread was about mother's sacrifice, thread for long..
Don't be insensitive please. But you can speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
i dont know any
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by lolu2019: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
UnknownQueen:
During my undergraduate days in OOU, there was this ago crises most oouites can relate with, my daddy drove amidst the crises to come pick us up from school, not minding that he could be attacked by hoodlum, he cared so much about the lives of his children, and decided to come to our aids....a lot of students back then joined trailers, tippers, trucks and different outrages transportation medium just to get out of ago iwoye that day ...

I love my dad so much that words can express how much I value that gesture he showed on that faithful day.....
I left school an hour before the crisis to greet my brother at Ilishan.we just finished Pre-degree test that day.I thank God for my life.

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Fearyourcreator: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
callmetoniaa:
Non of the above.. my dad never did any thing for me.. all I am, and all I ever had was from my mum.. I had one of the most useless dad in the world.. some times I wonder why men birth kids tht they can't Carter for.. why get married when u can't take care of ur family, why give birth when u can nurture them.. I no just understand.. my papa eeeh e go win award for the most useless dad in the world
Pele...

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Liodins: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

International Day Of The Girl Child: Share Amazing Things Your Daughter Has Done / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? / Another Nigerian Couple Delivers White Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.