Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father (16188 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? / As A Parent, Share Those Crazy/funny Act Of Your Kids You Witnessed / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by TheMostComplex1: 10:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
NomzyJust:
Is it the 10k he was giving me monthly for 5 years or the money he borrowed me that scammers took and he told me to forget about it. Is it the countless accidents he had on quest to provide for us but survived them all. Or the curtina shoes he always made sure me and my siblings wore every term.
His integrity was unmatched; you can give him 100m, go on exile and still come back to your 100m. He speaks the truth in face of adversities.

We all thought you had nine lives.

A man of integrity rest on Sir I hope some of you have this wonderful attributes of his
RIP Mr ADO
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by TheMostComplex1: 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
FutureIsFemale:
You will not get much response here. That's because fathers do not do much. If this thread was about mother's sacrifice, thread for long..

Do you mean to say that fathers are jara why mothers are the main course?
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by tonididdy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

My dad did everything he could to get my mom back home after she was sold off for money ritual by her best friend. I was in primary 5 then.

RIP Dad & Mom.

W
T
F
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
Some of our relatives we never knew except my dad came from Lagos for burial, so one of our labourers who is a chronic thief stole one of their phones. It was so embarrassing and we were raging in anger suspecting the usual suspect so the next day the prime suspect thief stupidly went to my cousin to flash a memory card for him after selling the phone, so my cousin discovered the photos of the visitors in the memory card that's how we caught him. My elder brother had rolled up a thick wire waiting on him to come back, the suspect already knew we know what had happened so in the morning when we ordered for him he claimed he was going to church with his girlfriend, he stayed out till late 9pm when he came back we caught him unaware and didn't want our father to know what was about to happen to him after my we delivered him some strokes in the middle section of the palace he was trying to shout but unfortunately it my dad's last wife who hates him that came out and saw him from afar, we dragged from him from there into our farm locked the farm gates that night where nobody will hear him no matter how loud he shouts, we drilled him so much that night had it not been the eldest amongst us then who cautioned the beating we could have killed him right there, he confessed and told us that he can't stop stealing so we asked him to go and buy us beer drinks to rest after the beating, the guy got up in his own and walked away, bought the beer for us that same night, the next day evening his colleague came to report to my dad that his worker was dying in the hospital that we beat him, my dad called us that night and told us that we had killed someone, we took laws into our hands and then I was the youngest at 16 among the 5 of us who beat him. The old man in presence of his chief told us not to runaway that police were coming to pick us, I've never been so afraid in my life hearing that from father himself, mehn every one in the palace were blaming us including our biological mothers but thank God father used his powers to ensure that stupid boy didn't die. But he castigated us that period, we couldn't near him for anything, he called us murderers even when we didnt kill the idiot. He later forgave us when the sick thief regained himself and returned, But had it not been for father's personality that Idiot would have died in our hands, but even if he had died nothing would have happened anyway. I appreciate my Dad, he was a great Dad indeed, he saved us from murder tag

Lol! Troublesome Princes.

When you said if he died nothing would have happened? What do you mean by that? Nawa oh!

And you said if not for the powers of your Dad the boy would have died, I no correlate. Which kind power?
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by tonididdy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
My real hero I would love to celebrate today, is my neighbor/childhood friend. He earns my respect as a father figure tho he is only a few years older than me. He is my helper. I am everything I'm today because he chose to help me!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Dannyyoung26(m): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
I can't say it all, but my dad rushed me to the hospital crying with a boxer, about 100km while I was dying,....
Much love Dad
May God keep you for me. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Thazard(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
Well,I guess hatred for him wouldn't let me think about one moment.
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by music4me(m): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
callmetoniaa:
Non of the above.. my dad never did any thing for me.. all I am, and all I ever had was from my mum.. I had one of the most useless dad in the world.. some times I wonder why men birth kids tht they can't Carter for.. why get married when u can't take care of ur family, why give birth when u can nurture them.. I no just understand.. my papa eeeh e go win award for the most useless dad in the world
Compared to mine when one talks about being useless,your Dad is a learner...Dude never spent a dime on me...I saw him only ones in my entire life and I am 36yrs old....

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Sunky200: 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
His 9 yr old marriage crashed, mum was deceived by another man, the marriage produced 3 beautiful girls and a boy.

Dad said he doesnt want his children to suffer, gave up on love live and single handedly raised us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by doggedfighter(f): 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
colonelwealth:

Pls bro, kindly change that your moniker from God1000 to god1000.
It's a sign of respect pls.
Thanks.

Keep quiet.

Fanatic !

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by colonelwealth(m): 1:08am On Jun 20, 2022
doggedfighter:

Keep quiet.

Fanatic !

Enjoy your ignorance in arrogance.
Bye.
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by PrinceMajestic: 1:40am On Jun 20, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Lol! Troublesome Princes.

When you said if he died nothing would have happened? What do you mean by that? Nawa oh!

And you said if not for the powers of your Dad the boy would have died, I no correlate. Which kind power?
we were not really troublesome, at that time we've had enough of him. Someone who always steals and gets caught but pardoned only for him to steal the visitors phone just under 24hours of their coming? It was very annoying and embarrassing we just couldn't let that slide again. It was my dad who quenched the whole problem, we have the Spirits of Kings who ruled in our favour through my Dad for that idiot to stay alive because people said the guy was already dying off so my dad took quick action that night alongside his very trusted chief, but I can't really disclose in details how the Idiot was saved from dying and yes nothing really would have happened except that we would have been flown out immediately if he died and there were people on ground who would stand for us to win the case if it happened that he died but thank God Dad didn't allow it reach that extent.

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by LadyD22(f): 2:12am On Jun 20, 2022
kenedyx:

Of course you wouldn't remember any. Ungrateful females.
Later if it's to come online to insult men, you'll carry first. Rubbish!

My dad (pbuh) literally entered our burning house to rescue me and my siblings .. it was October of 2001, I can't forget.

He put out that fire all by himself and nothing relating to documents or papers were burnt because he made sure of that. He was also able to save at least 80 percent of the building structure with just small burns here and there on his body to show for it.

A real man I tell you, I could go on and on. May his soul rest in peace. Shout out to all men and not just fathers.

The thing about you humans is that you only like to look at things in one way z did it ever occur to you that some people may not have been lucky to meet the same father that you have ? You lack emotional intelligence , sometimes someone doesn't need to talk for you to understand that they are giving a hint that they might have gotten hurt in the past and don't want to be triggered

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Munzy14(m): 4:47am On Jun 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

The best thing a man can give his children.
As in eeh..Not Just a mom, a productive mom..The children will never know suffering in life.

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by swissgoldenpro2: 5:21am On Jun 20, 2022
If I begin write about my Dad, Nairalanders no go believe.

Happy Father's Day to the best Dad in the world

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by bigsmoke2(m): 5:24am On Jun 20, 2022
Followed me to King's college in ikoyi back in 2005 for my jamb we left home 6 am he waited in the car till I finished my exams without having lunch. Also followed me for my unilag diploma exam same year we both treked the length and breath of unilag looking for my exam venue. I cried the day I graduated because he was late by then.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by NomzyJust(m): 5:29am On Jun 20, 2022
[quote author=TheMostComplex1 post=113966949][/quote]

I am really trying Boss.
Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Excuzeme: 6:24am On Jun 20, 2022
elotajohn1:
HE SOLD HIS MITSUBISHI L300 BUS JUST SO I MUST GRADUATE FROM SCHOOL WHEN MUM GOT STROKE AND THINGS GOT TOUGH FOR HIM

EVEN WHILE HE WENT BROKE HE NEVER ALLOWED US GO UNFED.... MY DAD GAVE IT ALL MEHN

Wonderful!

Is he still alive to enjoy from what he planted or like most good fathers, they died too soon!

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Excuzeme: 6:35am On Jun 20, 2022
callmetoniaa:
Non of the above.. my dad never did any thing for me.. all I am, and all I ever had was from my mum.. I had one of the most useless dad in the world.. some times I wonder why men birth kids tht they can't Carter for.. why get married when u can't take care of ur family, why give birth when u can nurture them.. I no just understand.. my papa eeeh e go win award for the most useless dad in the world

You can insult your father all you want, it is obvious you are very poorly raised by your Mother and if that is anything to go by, she is probably responsible for creating the situation that incensed your father, to the point of avoiding both of you, since some wicked Women like your Mother will use the Child as a weapon against a good father.
I hope you are reading and seeing what your Mother made you missed, in a father, from the testimonies of others?

Meanwhile, be on notice that your Child will say worse about you, because Karma is a Bitch
Truly a useless Child, you are
. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Excuzeme: 6:36am On Jun 20, 2022
inoki247:
Father's dey really try buh u will still see some women dragging fathers day with dem...

That is how Evil some of them are, never satisfied and too selfish!

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Excuzeme: 6:39am On Jun 20, 2022
FutureIsFemale:
You will not get much response here. That's because fathers do not do much. If this thread was about mother's sacrifice, thread for long..

dis one has been infected with bitterness against Men, by a selfish Mother who fumbled in her marriage!
Like mother, like daughter.
I hope you are reading and seeing what your Mother made you missed, in a father, from the testimonies of others?

Now that the thread is long and beautiful, when are you going to jump-off a bridge?
shocked grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by kenedyx: 6:46am On Jun 20, 2022
LadyD22:

The thing about you humans is that you only like to look at things in one way z did it ever occur to you that some people may not have been lucky to meet the same father that you have ? You lack emotional intelligence , sometimes someone doesn't need to talk for you to understand that they are giving a hint that they might have gotten hurt in the past and don't want to be triggered

I believe you lack overall intelligence. Go back and re-read her comment and tell me where she stated any of these your hypotheses.

Hint Kee you there. grin

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by lilfresh96(m): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2022
His life throughout, God bless you Dad,I love you

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by kenedyx: 6:52am On Jun 20, 2022
Onelove508:

If he/she has no memory of his/her father is it his/her fault or is it by force to have a memory that isn't there.

My father is still alive and ok but I have no memory of him making any sacrifice for me, he is just there.

My mother doubles as my father.

Let me help you with the bolded since you can't open your eyes and see.
Your father has been there for you all your life and all you can do is come here and say trash about him.

You want him to die for you before you rate him? Shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Excuzeme: 6:57am On Jun 20, 2022
vincentjk:

And sadly most people will give credit to their mum, buy her car, build her house and all that without even mentioning their father. Too bad.

Although my dad was very strict and wasn't that friendly to us, I still dey cut cap for my old man till tomorrow.

What pained me most, reading all these stories, is that the good fathers in majority of the cases, DIED EARLY and did not live long enough to enjoy the fruit of their Labor!
I am not against Mums enjoying but it is sad that the fathers who sacrificed EVERYTHING, did not live to enjoy ANYTHING.

Maybe we should not put too much load and stress on our Fathers, it kills them early!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by VULCAN(m): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2022
You are an evil person.

So because you had a dysfunctional relationship with your father you developed a hatred for men in general.

Are you the first to have issues with your father?

And yet to show how hypocritical you are you take issues with men who say nasty things about all women.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that they might have had a terrible mother.

If you do not accept that there are men who have a right to speak against women in general, why should we accept your right to always denigrate men.

FutureIsFemale:
My father is my mother. She is a super human.
Happy Father's Day to All Mothers Playing The Role Of Fathers.

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by toygod2: 7:44am On Jun 20, 2022
2016, I can't forget.

Mum died in same year, towards the end of the year, things became rough.

We had only 22k in the whole house plus no foodstuff & I got an interview at cross River.
There was no way I could spend just 1 or 2days for the trip, due to distance.
My interest was really on attending the interview but I already lost hope because of the situation at home.
To my utmost surprise, Dad released a whole 20k for me.

Needless to say, still I didn't get the job.

Yet he didn't even blame me , he even encouraged me instead that, my own time is coming shocked

Felt like it was 200k for me.

Dad, I shall never forget this singular act.
I love you

Happy Father's Day. You shall celebrate more in Jesus name , on the land of the living, in good health and wealth.

4 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by vincentjk(m): 7:54am On Jun 20, 2022
Excuzeme:

What pained me most, reading all these stories, is that the good fathers in majority of the cases, DIED EARLY and did not live long enough to enjoy the fruit of their Labor!
I am not against Mums enjoying but it is sad that the fathers who sacrificed EVERYTHING, did not live to enjoy ANYTHING.

Maybe we should not put too much load and stress on our Fathers, it kills them early!

Very sad indeed, fathers die way earlier than mothers

Keep resting my dear father

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by seunmsg(m): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2022
Samadict:
While growing up, dad was a commercial driver (driving one old dying bus like that). There was a night his bus broke down while it was raining and he had no one to help him push it off the road. Some soldiers flogged him that night because his bus was causing obstruction. He came home like nothing happened. Made sure I was asleep before showing mum his back. I didn't hear about it until months after the incident. Yet I always had the best clothes, best shoes, attended one of the best private school in our area, paid for all excursions, always marked my birthday. He had just one polo shirt, he'd wait for it to get dried and wear it again. Yes, it was that bad but I always had Ribena and goody goody. He is my hero.

God bless him and all fathers going the extra mile for their family. This is really inspiring.

4 Likes

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Samadict(f): 8:34am On Jun 20, 2022
seunmsg:

God bless him and all fathers going the extra mile for their family. This is really inspiring.
Amen! Thank you

1 Like

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by silvermist(f): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm...my father! Where will I start? Every birthday and father's day, I tear up wishing my dad were alive for him to be massively celebrated.

My dad was and still is, my super hero and my first love. He sacrificed a lot for us while growing up. My dad would go hungry just for my mother and siblings to eat. Everyday, he's out on the streets hustling. I remember the day he had an accident in Apapa and had his leg crushed by a trailer, still this did not deter him for fending for us, because even on his hospital bed at LUTH he was still trying to pull strings to get his family sustained.

My father, the one sure plug that held my family together. Very intelligent, humble, eloquent, a lover of God and equally hilarious. He was a walking encyclopaedia. He had great taste in music too. I learnt a lot from my dad.

I miss and LOVE you daddy now and always. If I have the chance to spend 1 hour with a loved one from my past, it'd definitely be you dad.

I celebrate all boy, man and father out there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father by Dannyozs(m): 10:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Made it possible for me, financially, to be able to leave the shores of Nigeria to further my studies even when he knew many would be against the idea. I have nothing but respect and love for you, it's unfortunate that you left us at such a time and in such a manner. I always reminisce your last days and regret some actions that I did and did not take, maybe you'd still be here with us but life goes on. Thank you for making a positive and far reaching impact on my life and our family as well! I hope and pray you found everlasting peace in the afterlife, rest on!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

International Day Of The Girl Child: Share Amazing Things Your Daughter Has Done / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? / Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.