Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,338 members, 7,853,511 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1547238 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (4796) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2023
BlueRayDick:

So I had to go back to the chelsea thread again where the Deborah killing was discussed and here is what I found :

Amoto says he does not support the way Deborah was killed by an irate mob, but he believes in punishment of blasphemy (which is DEATH anyways )

However, some Muslims called him out that the Quran does not ask anybody to be killed for blasphemy . Popizaino even mentioned how the holy prophet’s uncle didn’t accept him as a prophet of Allah ( Which in itself amounts to blasphemy) , yet there was no record of him being killed for that .

I thought Amoto was going to do an expose on how Blasphemy became a capital offence that attracts capital punishment after the Prophet’s demise but he didn’t engage Popizaino and iamoyindamola further on the topic. I mean some of us want to learn how some of these things came to be incorporated into the law.

I have not read the Koran. But I have heard from many people who have that the punishment for Blasphemy in Islamic societies is death. That is why in majorly Islamic countries you will find the same punishment for Blasphemy is death

That is why a Fatwa was placed on Salman Rushdie by most middle eastern countries since 1988. I doubt he can enter any Middle east country now, Even in the US he was stabbed by someone acting on the standing Fatwa order thats been in effect since 1988. 35yrs ago

Whether you as a practicing Moslem personally believe it or not is a different matter. Just like we have many practicing Xtians who do not believe or follow word for word certain dictates of the Bible and Biblical teachings
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

I have not read the Koran. But I have heard from many people who are that the punishment for Blasphemy in Islamic societies is death. That is why in majorly Islamic countries you will find the same punishment for Blasphemy is death

Whether you personally believe it or not is a different matter

.... it's not in the Qur'an, but there are some Hadiths that back it up. So I understand the perspective and belief of Amoto94.

If you're a Wahabi or a strong sunni Muslim, you would have same belief as him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.... how? LOL! Wishing death on Someone shouldn't be considered a crime right? Someone that wants you dead, if he/she has opportunity to do it, won't he/she goes ahead?
Not that wish is a thought until it becomes reality
The other believe and accept in death for blasphemers that mean if he sees you and I we are dead there's no way around it
According to Sharia I am a dead man with no trials
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.... they wanna choke him off this space. Dude has apologised for his past ugly posts, yet they wanna choke him till he deactivates his account.
So even as he is clearly trying to instigate a reprisal attack...they wanna choke him to death for calling out his evil intentions.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

I have not read the Koran. But I have heard from many people who are that the punishment for Blasphemy in Islamic societies is death. That is why in majorly Islamic countries you will find the same punishment for Blasphemy is death

Whether you personally believe it or not is a different matter

I also have not read the Quran , In fact growing up I also thought it was cast in stone that the punishment for blasphemy is death in Islam.

But what do we make of his fellow Muslims who challenged him to come up with a verse in the Quaran that states expressedly that a blasphemous person should be killed ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
Emaprince:
So even as he is clearly trying to instigate a reprisal attack...they wanna choke him to death for calling out his evil intentions.

.... instigate reprisal attack? How?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I also have not read the Quran , In fact growing up I also thought it was cast in stone that the punishment for blasphemy is death in Islam.

But what do we make of his fellow Muslims who challenged him to come up with a verse in the Quaran that states expressedly that a blasphemous person should be killed ?

In every religion there are people who are conservative about the teachings of the religion and some who are liberal about it

E.g in Christianity, Some people believe women should never open their hair, never wear trousers and never hold leadership position, never use contraceptives, never abort with justification from the bible and within the same Christianity there are some who call it Bullsheet

Same with drinking alcohol, even how you treat people who leave the religion

Maybe some of those Moslems who challenged him and do not believe it are the modernized version of the religion like how Pastor Coza, Christ embassy will look to Deeper life and MFM members

Open a topic on some of the issues I raised above and you will get different opinion depending on the Church congregation. Which of them is wrong
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:
grin

....... whoever never fùcks up on this forum, hands in the air?!

Wetin be fvck up in this case?

If na like that, person wey curse you and person wey attempt to kill you na fvck up them fvck up nau undecided

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:
grin

....... whoever never fùcks up on this forum, hands in the air?!
My hands up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:

.... instigate reprisal attack? How?
No need.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
I kukuma don't have time to sub.. You call me poor.. That's fine.. Still makes you a worthless tribalist.
When you have something that equates the filthy human being you are then you can say it about me raumdeuter.

I only gave advice to Amoto94 to be more like you.
You should be happy about that cheesy

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2023

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
Abeg, let us not just go back to blasphemy and Deborah matter.

That argument no get end.

No God I use take beg una

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:

grin

Ọmọ...... you dey groove o.
Man of otem...I hail thee
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2023
Emaprince:
No need.
Some questions are too fooolished to be given attention...

I guess

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

In every religion there are people who are conservative about the teachings of the religion and some who are liberal about it

E.g in Christianity, Some people believe women should never open their hair, never wear trousers and never hold leadership position, never use contraceptives, never abort with justification from the bible and within the same Christianity there are some who call it Bullsheet

Maybe some of those Moslems who challenged him and do not believe it are the modernized version of the religion like how Pastor Coza, Christ embassy will look to Deeper life and MFM members

Open a topic on some of the issues I raised above and you will get different opinion depending on the Church congregation. Which of them is wrong
This is actually straightforward
Let me use the map and compass as example again
If you complete a journey with a compass and I want to embark on same journey, you give me compass and a map you draw out to make my journey easy
Along the way the 2 directives contradict each other compass say left map say right
Which of this direction should I follow and why?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

I don’t think we are talking about the same thing here at all.

A muslim says he believes in death being the punishment for blasphemy ; his fellow Muslims ask him to provide the authority which he based his belief on. That’s what I’m talking about .

I mean if for example a Christian says his denomination forbids alcohol ; some denomination like Catholic can ask him to provide a bible verse that forbids alcohol . You and I know that both parties can come up with verses to back their stand inside the same bible .

What I’m asking is this ; is there any Quaran verse that specifies the punishment of blasphemy as death while another says something different about the same subject matter (like in the Bible on some issues ) ?

Let’s try and stay on the topic
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
One of Evidences Amoto can bring is below fatwa, not a verse in the Qur'an;

A Muslim blasphemer of the prophet PBUH will be killed under hudd and his pardon won’t be acceptable.” – (Ibn Abidin, Kitab al Jihad, Bab al Murtad)

Note: Shariah Law is mostly influenced by Fatwas of four major Imams that Muslims are following their schools of thought. The Imams are - Imam Malik, Imam Hambali, Imam Shafi'i and Imam Abu Hanifa.

Abu Hanifa is the founder of Hanafi School, and he posits as follow on blasphemy in Islam;

‘If a dhimmi (non-Muslim) insults the Holy Prophet, he will not be killed as punishment. A non-Muslim is not killed for his kufr (denying the Prophet) or shirk (polytheistic beliefs). Kufr/Shirk are bigger sins then sabb e rasool. – (Therefore non-Muslims will not be killed for sabb e rasool.)’ [Al Saif al Maslool]

Even in Pakistan, an Islamic Country practicing Shariah, punishment for Blasphemy is not death Penalty.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ebukacute:

Man of otem...I hail thee

grin

..... 001 would come for your head soon.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
Segedinho:

My hands up

grin

......Trust ya bruh. You legit.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:

grin

And I will cage his ass as 002 wey though pas am.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:

grin

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
BlueRayDick:

A muslim says he believes in death being the punishment for blasphemy ; his fellow Muslims ask him to provide the authority which he based his belief on. That’s what I’m talking about .

I mean if for example a Christian says his denomination forbids alcohol ; some denomination like Catholic can ask him to provide a bible verse that forbids alcohol . You and I know that both parties can come up with verses to back their stand inside the same bible .

What I’m asking is this ; is there any Quaran verse that specifies the punishment of blasphemy as death while another says something different about the same subject matter (like in the Bible on some issues ) ?

Someone just said certain Hadiths support it. I don't know if it's stated in the Koran

But do you think an entire Middle East region will pass a fatwa and we have over 2bn people seeking to kill Salman Rushdie for Blasphemy without any part of the Koran or Hadith supporting it ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

True talk

I know a pastor that said "dancing" is a sin because of the last word in Galatian 5:21 (revellings), which was translated "igba egwu niile" in Igbo bible, meaning "all kinds of dancing". I have debated with him severally concerning that word, that the English meaning is different from what the Igbo translation said, he stubbornly believe the Igbo translation than the English meaning of that word.

I hate people wey carry religion for head, I see them as fools, anyway I don't blame all because some are ignorant or illiterate, but literate person that have such kind of belief mehn I don't know to qualify you.

If amoto is learned and still believe such nonsense that's against nature mehn ..... Let him f***k off

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
For more enlightenment on Blasphemy in Islam, Ali ibn Abi Bakr al-Marghinani in his Book Al Hidaya writes;

‘Insulting the prophet is kufr/disbelief. Since the non-Muslims are not killed for their disbelief, they will not be killed for any addition in their disbelief.’

Another great Scholar Tahawi in his Book Mukhtasar al Tahawi states;

'If a non-Muslim commits blasphemy, he will be given a verbal warning. If he repeats the offense, he will be punished but not killed.’

Muslims across the world are no longer tolerating death penalty for blasphemy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
BlueRayDick:

You dey prolong a simple matter. The authority that stipulates the punishment for blasphemy is haadith (recorded deeds of Muhammad), not Qur'an.

Sharia laws are drawn from both Qur'an and haadith (the two highest authorities in Islam), not only Qur'an.

Knowledgeable Muslims follow both Qur'an and haadith and mostly observe or support Sharia, while their less knowledgeable and liberal counterparts may follow only Qur'an.

Una just like to dey drag simple issues on this thread.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

Someone just said certain Hadiths support it. I don't know if it's stated in the Koran

But do you think an entire Middle East region will pass a fatwa and we have over 2bn people seeking to kill Salman Rushdie for Blasphemy without any part of the Koran or Hadith supporting it ?
Yet you ignored my question grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2023
A001:

You dey prolong a simple matter. The authority that stipulates the punishment for blasphemy is haadith (recorded deeds of Muhammad), not Qur'an.

Sharia laws are drawn from both Qur'an and haadith (the two highest authorities in Islam), not only Qur'an.

Knowledgeable Muslims follow both Qur'an and haadith and mostly observe or support Sharia, while their less knowledgeable and liberal counterparts may follow only Qur'an.

Una just like to dey drag simple issues on this thread.

grin

.... you're an Otemist, yet you know more about types of Muslim we get than real Practitioners. Laffin otemically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2023
There are series of penalties for blasphemy in Sharia, one of which is death penalty.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

So is the Hadith and Quran more like Old Testament and New Testament for Christian’s ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.... you're an Otemist, yet you know about types of Muslim we get. Laffin otemically.
You don start your e-jihad again, just like your violent brothers in the North. Na you and your fellow fools know what an Otemist is.

Carry on with your folly. When you're tired, you'll find something meaningful to better your miserable life.

The fool doesn't know some ex-Muslims even sabi Islam pass am. Violent online jihadist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (4796) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), GloriousGbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.