Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1580672 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) ... (4849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Baba, there are businesses u can do in naija but most of it u must be on ground to run it at infancy before u can think of putting other people in charge. Even if u want to run a pure legit business, u must know so much about the unethical practices in that line of business for u to be able to plan against them impacting ur business negatively.

Let me share a story.

I went to see a friend one day and from his house we went to a big hotel closeby to have a drink. He ordered Hennessey which the waiter brought, my friend opened the drink and claimed its a fake Henny. He was pissed and asked them to call the manager whom he accused of selling fake Henny for the price of original.

The manager swore upon everything he held dearly that they buy their henny straight from distributor and there's no way they will sell "apongbon" Hennessey. My friend was so convinced it was fake and asked the manager to sip to confirm. The man confirmed the drink was fake but confused how a fake Henny made it into their stock.

In order to compensate us for our trouble, the manager asked the waiter to bring another bottle but it turned out fake as well. The third bottle was brought and it turned out to be fake. At that point the manager was embarrassed and started pleading. It then struck him that some of the staff ran a racket in the past where they buy fake Henny from home, bring it to work and exchange it with the original they have in their stock.

Like do u know the negative effect the incident will have on their business if we made a big deal out of it? That is just one of the ways in which people can ruin ur business in Nigeria if u don't research well enough about the unethical practices involved in ur line of business.

Nigerians are just purely fraudulent with little or no consideration for the owner of the business.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:10pm On May 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

This thing with fake liquor is common in Nigeria. My friend who travelled also said the same thing that after drinking that Hennesey, his tongue was stained black

I want to ask, is it possible for Hennesey to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Yankee? Or any foreign manufactured product

there is almost nothing that doesnt have a fake version in this country. i bought an hp printer some years back. one day a power surge fried its power pack. i realized it was under warranty so i took it to an HP office in ikeja. they first tok 2 days to confirm it was actually an original hp printer. Apparently Nigerians reassemble parts of damaged or discarded or used hp printers abroad, package them, import them and sell as new. so before they service your printer, they confirm the serial number

i have a modem that does not look like its model number, and several of the advertised functions that made me buy it do not work.

nigerians will tell you that luxury products are delicate and only meant to be used sparingly. this is because they are selling either fake or refurbished versions of the products that dont stand up to use. you buy a 'genuine' police wristwatch and the strap peels in a week. one time my dad was in lagos and he wanted a watch. it was very late so i could not go to park and shop in vi, so i went to one shop in mega plaza festac. as i was buying the watch i was saying i do not trust these people. this is where i bought a police watch that peeled in a week. the watch face broke in less than a week. right now, i have two or three watches whose batteries are dead, and i am waiting for someone to get me original batteries via amazon . you change battery here, and a battery that should last 2 years is gone in six months. then the repairer starts telling you - the watch engine is weak. i tire for nigerians.

adulteration of prime alcohol is very common. my guy says nigerians will be deceiving themselves they are hard guys downing bottles of henessy. go to a bar in uk and they look at you as if you're mad when you demand a full bottle.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:22pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

They call it "Oti Apongbon". grin

If u go to Apongbon under bridge on Lagos Island, u will market women selling all kinds of premium alcoholic drinks/liquour ranging from Hennessy, Hennessey VSOP, Azul, Luc Belaire, Ace of spade, Don perignom etc. They are all fake drinks being sold at cheap prices. You will be shocked they even sell some drinks that are limited edition.

In fact there's a market for box/casket of the original drink. They buy the original box and put the fake drink inside. That's where people buy those drinks which can be harmful to the body.

Na those fake drinks dey contribute to the high incidence of kidney failure with Nigerian celebrities.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:22pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

They call it "Oti Apongbon". grin

If u go to Apongbon under bridge on Lagos Island, u will market women selling all kinds of premium alcoholic drinks/liquour ranging from Hennessy, Hennessey VSOP, Azul, Luc Belaire, Ace of spade, Don perignom etc. They are all fake drinks being sold at cheap prices. You will be shocked they even sell some drinks that are limited edition.

In fact there's a market for box/casket of the original drink. They buy the original box and put the fake drink inside. That's where people buy those drinks which can be harmful to the body.

What do you think of liquor bought from drinks.ng? are they legit or Apogbon merchandize too?

This is the price I see Hennessey for online here, If you do the exchange rate that is 30K for VS and 42K for VSOP when you are now factoring shipping, clearing a profit margin, Should give an expectation of the prices

If you are buying your Hennessey for less than cost price in Yankee, then it might just be better to go to a Mama Alagbo wey dey sell pure ogogoro brewed in someone's bathtub or in one metallic drum only that you wont be paying thousands to get high on the same liquid just in fancy bottles that will do the same thing to your kidney

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 4:23pm On May 23, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The scams nigerians run no dey get part 2. this same thing was happening with mikano. they sell original electrical switchgear. so they are patronized by contractors. next thing, staff started switching parts bought by customers.

i did my IT in siemens in 1999 and they had a very very tedious system where a five copy form was carried from purchase to accounts to warehouse to mgr to buyer. the staff used to grumble that it was inefficent and slow - but now i know - na dem cause am.
So true, we Nigerians are the cause of many of our problems, and we always tend to complain bitterly when measures are put in place to stop us from behaving in that abysmal way.

The instance Blueraydick gave about chilling in a hotel and served fake Hennessey is so true, in some instance, the hotel staff increase the price of the drinks and when you complain, they give you attitude and even start bad mouthing you.

This is among the reason why I always ask for the price of drinks when I enter such places, I no wan make one pikin come run me street.

As regard the emboldened, you be bros Sha. Resspet. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On May 23, 2023
GloriousGbola:

there is almost nothing that doesnt have a fake version in this country. i bought an hp printer some years back. one day a power surge fried its power pack. i realized it was under warranty so i took it to an HP office in ikeja. they first tok 2 days to confirm it was actually an original hp printer. Apparently Nigerians reassemble parts of damaged or discarded or used hp printers abroad, package them, import them and sell as new. so before they service your printer, they confirm the serial number

i have a modem that does not look like its model number, and several of the advertised functions that made me buy it do not work.

nigerians will tell you that luxury products are delicate and only meant to be used sparingly. this is because they are selling either fake or refurbished versions of the products that dont stand up to use. you buy a 'genuine' police wristwatch and the strap peels in a week. one time my dad was in lagos and he wanted a watch. it was very late so i could not go to park and shop in vi, so i went to one shop in mega plaza festac. as i was buying the watch i was saying i do not trust these people. this is where i bought a police watch that peeled in a week. the watch face broke in less than a week. right now, i have two or three watches whose batteries are dead, and i am waiting for someone to get me original batteries via amazon . you change battery here, and a battery that should last 2 years is gone in six months. then the repairer starts telling you - the watch engine is weak. i tire for nigerians.

adulteration of prime alcohol is very common. my guy says nigerians will be deceiving themselves they are hard guys downing bottles of henessy. go to a bar in uk and they look at you as if you're mad when you demand a full bottle.

I know there are so many fake things from electronics, to Spare part t CD's Big boss Jigga man. But things wey dey enter your body, is even more critical, from medications, food items. This directly impact your health

How many people kidney don fry because of fake liquor, the reason they probably didnt go to drink paraga beside roadside is to ensure they are not getting bad stuffs
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by exxy(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2023
Theflint1:
It has to be, 1 billion USD in profit from the Nigerian market, selling Indomie, sounded ludicrous.
Watin you dey do here
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:33pm On May 23, 2023
Theflint1:
It's possible, depends on where you're buying from, and how you're buying...some of these stuffs might have been fapped from abroad, but fapped or not, koko be say na original.

Just like Blueray's example, staffs working in some of these big clubs could be stealing the Henny and selling them to a plugs that resells outside Nigeria in Ghana, Niger or Benin, or even within or out of state sef, and as with most stolen products, you can bet they'd sell for cheap.

As with Henny, so too with any foreign manufactured product that can be successfully stolen.

Sometimes it's also companies getting rid of old/defective stock, and they'd be willing to let them go significantly cheaper.

How many dem wan steal to maintain consistent supply. I believe if its stolen, there will be times they wont have or wont be lucky but when you are guaranteed to get consistent supplies, then its probably more than stolen or fapped. Someone in Apongbon is probably brewing his own Hennessey, Someone in Aba is making his own car alternator, and someone in Warri is making his own in house Rolex
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:35pm On May 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

I know there are so many fake things from electronics, to Spare part t CD's Big boss Jigga man. But things wey dey enter your body, is even more critical, from medications, food items. This directly impact your health

How many people kidney don fry because of fake liquor, the reason they probably didnt go to drink paraga beside roadside is to ensure they are not getting bad stuffs

Na so we see am. One time I took an antibiotic and I woke up with my face swollen. We assumed I was reacting to it, but I had used it in the past. Later I realized it was a fake drug. I even saw a warning in the newspaper. And sold to me by a very friendly and fatherly looking pharmacist.

It is not just drugs and alcohol, unfortunately . People have gotten seriously injured sitting on toilet seats that were broken, glued and painted over. Life changing injuries.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Na those fake drinks dey contribute to the high incidence of kidney failure with Nigerian celebrities.

Not only celebrities, and not only alcoholic drinks

Many normal citizens dey drop with kidney failure wey be teetotal. Even the soft drinks too get wahala
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 4:41pm On May 23, 2023
Shey na 2pac popularise Hennessy for Naija abi wetin

2Pac no fit rhyme enemies, without ending the next bar with Hennessey. And 2Pac rhymes with enemies a lot.

For me sha, anything wey no be triple distilled whisky, I no fit. It must be Jameson or something that starts with Glen. Brandy and Rum too sweet and Vodka is too violent

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:03pm On May 23, 2023
izzou:

grin grin grin grin grin

Apongbon na the HQ of all fake Assorted drinks.

Hennessey and Johnnie Walker gat nothing on them

Aswear ! No drink wey u dey find wey u no go see the counterfeit for apongbon . Those women will be calling u if u are just passing by to come and check any brand u want grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:04pm On May 23, 2023
larride:

Nigerians are just purely fraudulent with little or no consideration for the owner of the business.

That is what annoys me the most . They just want to rip u off and donโ€™t care where that leaves u financially and emotionally .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:08pm On May 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Thatโ€™s why itโ€™s better to buy beer sometimes when u are not sure about the integrity of some bar owners . They mix those liquor inside that same Lagos island .

I remember years back when they burst a syndicate doing the mixing and corking of the fake drinks
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:18pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Thatโ€™s why itโ€™s better to buy beer sometimes when u are not sure about the integrity of some bar owners . They mix those liquor inside that same Lagos island .

I remember years back when they burst a syndicate doing the mixing and corking of the fake drinks
Also malts
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:19pm On May 23, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:21pm On May 23, 2023
Ibime:

Not only celebrities, and not only alcoholic drinks

Many normal citizens dey drop with kidney failure wey be teetotal. Even the soft drinks too get wahala

Of course i know it is not only celebrities. I was just trying to connect the dots seeing that renal failure seems to be the disease of choice amongst Naija celebrities. It's not even the alcohol that is the issue (since that one primarily hits the liver), but the unknown impurities used to adulterate those drinks. Those ones just travel to the kidney tubules to sediment and create roadblock, and before you know it the kidney don fail.

P.S For most of the normal tetotaler people getting kidney failure it is either from strong pain killers (Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Alabukun) or from undiagnosed/poorly controlled hypertension. Diabetes too is on the rise.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:22pm On May 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

What do you think of liquor bought from drinks.ng? are they legit or Apogbon merchandize too?

This is the price I see Hennessey for online here, If you do the exchange rate that is 30K for VS and 42K for VSOP when you are now factoring shipping, clearing a profit margin, Should give an expectation of the prices

If you are buying your Hennessey for less than cost price in Yankee, then it might just be better to go to a Mama Alagbo wey dey sell pure ogogoro brewed in someone's bathtub or in one metallic drum only that you wont be paying thousands to get high on the same liquid just in fancy bottles that will do the same thing to your kidney

People source for Hennessy and these premium cognac through different means .

Bros , dem dey smuggle most of those drinks into Nigeria through some boarder. I once met a guy who is into smuggling , most of those liquor store owners contract him to bring in those alcoholic brand through the boarder .

They donโ€™t pay import duty on such .

How drink. ng go about importing , paying duty and making profit profit at the same time is what I donโ€™t know sha .

But I know there is a company called Moรซt Hennessy Nigeria Limited which distributes Hennessy in Nigeria . I believe most big bars and hotels buy directly from them hence why their own are usually expensive
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:23pm On May 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Of course i know it is not only celebrities. I was just trying to connect the dots seeing that renal failure seems to be the disease of choice amongst Naija celebrities. It's not even the alcohol that is the issue (since that one primarily hits the liver), but the unknown impurities used to adulterate those drinks. Those ones just travel to the kidney tubules to sediment and create roadblock, and before you know it the kidney don fail.

Omo something is wrong with what we consume in that country

I have now lost three friends to this, two were teetotal. So it goes past alcohol
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:28pm On May 23, 2023
Ibime:

Omo something is wrong with what we consume in that country

I have now lost three friends to this, two were teetotal. So it goes past alcohol

P.S For most of the normal tetotaler people getting kidney failure it is either from strong pain killers (Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Alabukun) or from undiagnosed/poorly controlled hypertension. Diabetes too is on the rise.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2023
OasisX:

grin
Dey play. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Unless Tinubu bribes the judges as he did to the lower courts and is used to, he can't escape justice.

The fact is that the inauguration is in a balance. 50-50

Still dey play ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:33pm On May 23, 2023
The way those painkillers (Feldene, Felvin, Cataflam) can knock one's kidneys is nasty. The extra problem is until it knocks the kidneys to about 30% capacity the individual might not feel anything, especially if it is a slow but progressive decline. Your body keeps adjusting and adapting until it can adapt no more.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:37pm On May 23, 2023
If you want to drink anything Original, buy those that are canned

From Coke, to Malt, to Beer, to Juice, anything inside bottle (either glass or plastic) can be adulterated.

From Balogun to Lagos Island, different factories and breweries dey there dey mix.

Only canned drinks have a guarantee
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:46pm On May 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Na wa oh, time to cut down Ibuprofen use. I dey use am before any football or gym trip to manage my knee injury
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:50pm On May 23, 2023
izzou:
If you want to drink anything Original, buy those that are canned

From Coke, to Malt, to Beer, to Juice, anything inside bottle (either glass or plastic) can be adulterated.

From Balogun to Lagos Island, different factories and breweries dey there dey mix.

Only canned drinks have a guarantee

Dey play grin

Theyโ€™ve been caught adulterating even non alcoholic malt drinks too.

Listen to the former commisioner of police in Lagos when they bursted an illegal brewery/winery in Ikorodu back then . Even malts wey some elders dey always fight for during ceremonies are not spared cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z13IMhm6xrg
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:53pm On May 23, 2023
Spy360:

Dey play. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Unless Tinubu bribes the judges as he did to the lower courts and is used to, he can't escape justice.

The fact is that the inauguration is in a balance. 50-50

Still dey play ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ

๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:53pm On May 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Thank God for those of us wey no Dey drink. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 5:55pm On May 23, 2023
larride:

It's not restricted to just alcohol o. Even soft drinks and medicine join. Medicines nowadays don't have expiring date because they keep editing them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 5:57pm On May 23, 2023
I like the way red label and hennesy now seal their drinks you can even scan it if it's fake or not. The bottle cap method is the best methods to curtail fake drugs and drinks.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:58pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Dey play grin

Theyโ€™ve been caught adulterating even non alcoholic malt drinks too.

Listen to the former commisioner of police in Lagos when they bursted an illegal brewery/winery in Ikorodu back then . Even malts wey some elders dey always fight for during ceremonies are not spared cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z13IMhm6xrg

I did not say they cannot adulterate Malts and Stouts

But they cannot adulterate the ones in Cans. The video proves that everything can be adulterated, but to package in Cans? E no easy

You need machinery to do that; something they cannot afford

If you want to drink anything Original, buy the ones in Can.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:59pm On May 23, 2023
larride:

You no dey drink Malt?

Coke?

Non alcoholic wine?

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:00pm On May 23, 2023
Melvyn11:

It's not restricted to just alcohol o. Even soft drinks and medicine join. Medicines nowadays don't have expiring date because they keep editing them.

9ja which way.

The day I bought Pepsi and it was tasting a bit like zobo mixed with Pepsi I wanted to run mad with confusion. It was tasting like Pepsi and Zobo at the same time.

I only buy drugs at known pharmacy now. I donโ€™t patronize anyhow pharmacy again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) ... (4849) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mรฉs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.