Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,375 members, 7,864,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:40 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1580276 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2594) (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) ... (4849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:33am On May 23, 2023
Ibime:

Dangote know why he ceded that part of operation. I wonder if it's the Insurance companies bearing the cost of all these burnt trucks, accidents and wear and tear from Nigerian roads

Trucking business is something I actually want to do when I retire from 9 to 5. It's a good business for an accountant to do, because all the revenue and cost elements are fairly predictable within Western setting. Naija setting na anything goes.

True
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 10:36am On May 23, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

It took me over 2 decades of living to know that Three Crown's milk and Peak Milk were made by the same company. up till that moment I thought they were competitors and for a long time they were the main brands of liquid tin milk in Nigeria which meant they were running a monopoly while making people like me assume otherwise

grin grin grin

You probably thought you were doing "enye ndi ebea enye ndi ebea"..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Tolaram group owns Dufil, I think that's what he's trying to tell u. Tolaram group has their hands in almost every consumer goods in Nigeria. Products like Indomie, minimie, milo, golden morn, bournvita, tom tom, power oil, huggies, hypo, colgate toothpaste, kellogs cornflakes, etc are produced in Nigeria by subsidiaries of Tolaram group.
This is the first time i am hearing this tolani group
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:48am On May 23, 2023
Ibime:

Dangote know why he ceded that part of operation. I wonder if it's the Insurance companies bearing the cost of all these burnt trucks, accidents and wear and tear from Nigerian roads

fucking truck drivers are a menace.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:52am On May 23, 2023
larride:

Letโ€™s wait for Prosper to tell us the factory price of Dangote in comparison to Lafarge and BUA.
I know lafarge sells to wholesalers for 4400 for supaset and 4300 classic.
Now those wholesalers sell at retail by adding at most 500 naira to that price.

Lafarge always ensures that the price difference between them and Dangote isn't more than 500 at most.
And right now Dangote retail cement price is 4700 in delta state.
Meaning the company price is around 4200-4500 if buying from Dangote gan.

So I dunno where he said they make 50 percent from.
The cement business profit only fully shows when you are a wholesaler and you have to sell alot of cement to see profit that is reasonable.
The trucks used to deliver the cement to wholesalers are usually free or factored into the price given (someone can correct me here).

50% of a minimum price of 4000 is 2000 naira. Make baba stop am abeg๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2023
Ibime:

Trucking business is something I actually want to do when I retire from 9 to 5. It's a good business for an accountant to do, because all the revenue and cost elements are fairly predictable within Western setting. Naija setting na anything goes.

It's a high risk, high reward business but you need to give it your time and I might even say blood.

Serious money dey logistics but you will run mad if you are not ready to get into the mud to have a hold on all parts of the business.
Dealing with drivers and transport managers will be your greatest headache but the good thing is there is always available drivers.

Please take logistics safety very serious too.
It's the one thing that has helped lafarge incur minimum truck damage.
Infact it is a major major part of their company business.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:58am On May 23, 2023
So larride, dangote is lying or seeking cheap sympathy
If he's not making enough profit he would have close the cement business too funny enough that's where he fully concentrated on.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:58am On May 23, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lafarge always ensures that the price difference between them and Dangote isn't more than 500 at most.

The cement business profit only fully shows when you are a wholesaler and you have to sell alot of cement to see profit that is reasonable.
The trucks used to deliver the cement to wholesalers are usually free or factored into the price given (someone can correct me here).

That 50% is not true.

The person i know told me the profit on one trailer is about 350k

The major advantage of the business is that it sells fast, especially if you are in a good location.

You fit sell one trailer in one week sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:58am On May 23, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

It took me over 2 decades of living to know that Three Crown's milk and Peak Milk were made by the same company. up till that moment I thought they were competitors and for a long time they were the main brands of liquid tin milk in Nigeria which meant they were running a monopoly while making people like me assume otherwise

You really want to go down that rabbit hole, watch Adam ruins everything
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:59am On May 23, 2023
izzou:

That 50% is not true.

The person i know told me the profit on one trailer is about 350k

The major advantage of the business is that it sells fast, especially if you are in a good location.

You fit sell one trailer in one week sef
Yeah I know its not coz that time I dey follow our marketers talk and them dey clear me how e dey be.

Dangote trucks dey actually act as depot so that it will be easier for customers to even get close to wholesale price. Some of those trucks you see with cement wey dey parked somewhere just dey chill for anybody wey go like buy.

Lafarge had no answer to that initially but they ramped up marketing drive to an aggressive level and gave their wholesalers incentives like giving out awards and gifts like brand new jeeps. Omo wholesalers dey very competitive sha.

This was the same thing they did to their transporters too. Best transport gets a 5star award. TSL and BHN dey drag.

I wonder how BHN handled the news of lafarge opening their own driving school sef ๐Ÿ˜‚
The marketers nor dey ever be like who get money. E get one woman wey dey casually order 100-200 million worth of cement and she dey use Keke because she dey fear kidnap๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Which of the trailers? 40ft or 20ft?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:07am On May 23, 2023
larride:

Shey him no get any other business wey Dey bring in money for him again?
Larride this man borrowed about 9billion dollars and has already paid back 6 billion dollars without refinery working๐Ÿ˜
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:09am On May 23, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Yeah I know its not coz that time I dey follow our marketers talk and them dey clear me how e dey be.

Dangote trucks dey actually act as depot so that it will be easier for customers to even get close to wholesale price. Some of those trucks you see with cement wey dey parked somewhere just dey chill for anybody wey go like buy.

Lafarge had no answer to that initially but they ramped up marketing drive to an aggressive level and gave their wholesalers incentives like giving out awards and gifts like brand new jeeps. Omo wholesalers dey very competitive sha.

This was the same thing they did to their transporters too. Best transport gets a 5star award. TSL and BHN dey drag.

I wonder how BHN handled the news of lafarge opening their own driving school sef ๐Ÿ˜‚
The marketers nor dey ever be like who get money. E get one woman wey dey casually order 100-200 million worth of cement and she dey use Keke because she dey fear kidnap๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Which of the trailers? 40ft or 20ft?

600 bags should be 40ft

600 ร— 600
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:18am On May 23, 2023
izzou:

600 bags should be 40ft

600 ร— 600
Yeah that's 40ft..
Is it that easy to sell ? unless you are a known wholesaler
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Yeah that's 40ft..
Is it that easy to sell ? unless you are a known wholesaler

Depending on the location

People will buy 1, 2, 5, 3,

In a matter of days, 300 done go.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:26am On May 23, 2023
larride:

Which company wan compete with them? ๐Ÿ˜‚

grin grin grin

Na operation compete and die. U can't even match them on the money they spend on adverts, marketing and business promotion.

If indomie was a small brand, they would've died long time ago from negative publicity and incidents in the past when it was alleged some people ate indomie and died. But those guys know how to control negative press and still remain best seller noodles till date. I duff my hat for those guys running the group o.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:29am On May 23, 2023
larride:

Which company wan compete with them? ๐Ÿ˜‚
I mean Volkswagen Group own these companies

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:30am On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin

Na operation compete and die. U can't even match them on the money they spend on adverts, marketing and business promotion.

If indomie was a small brand, they would've died long time ago from negative publicity and incidents in the past when it was alleged some people ate indomie and died. But those guys know how to control negative press and still remain best seller noodles till date. I duff my hat for those guys running the group o.

Nor be wetin opay dey about to do now.
The money those guys have spent in ads alone is so unfair๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:31am On May 23, 2023
Ibime:

If u will do trucking business in Nigeria, u need to put some things in place to even think of breaking even. U will need to have ur own auto repairs workshop where u will employ mechanics, panel beaters and other auto technician who will be paid salaries to work on the vehicles either for general servicing or repairs after accident. That way, u will cut a lot of cost which independent mechanic/repairers will charge u.

You need to be friends with road safety and other security agents along the axis where u trucks will be plying if not, na everyday u go dey pay fine to bail ur trucks.

Omo, to do business in Nigeria ehn , no be small thing o.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:40am On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

If u will do trucking business in Nigeria, u need to put some things in place to even think of breaking even. U will need to have ur own auto repairs workshop where u will employ mechanics, panel beaters and other auto technician who will be paid salaries to work on the vehicles either for general servicing or repairs after accident. That way, u will cut a lot of cost which independent mechanic/repairers will charge u.

You need to be friends with road safety and other security agents along the axis where u trucks will be plying if not, na everyday u go dey pay fine to bail ur trucks.

You need a large land for truck park.
Like the land gats big die.
Also you need to pay for a premium tracking device that can tell you about diesel consumption, when the tracker was disabled, hours of service, speed, harsh breaking and acceleration, free fall. This thing cost gan.

Lmao omo these companies dey try sha and again pray that God will help you touch the heart of your drivers and fleet managers๐Ÿ˜ญ
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:45am On May 23, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Nobody gives anybody any truck o. There's a company called Dangote Sinotruk West Africa limited which is a joint venture between Dangote Industries Ltd & Sinotruk(The chinese truck manfucaturer). The company assembles those sinotruk here in Nigeria and any wholesaler that holds his cash will walk up to them and buy in order to register as one of the numerous transporters under Dangote. Dagote owns like 65% of the company while the chinese own 35%.

They even sell the trucks to outsiders sef. Dangote na proper businessman o, not father christmas
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:46am On May 23, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

You need a large land for truck park.
Like the land gats big die.
Also you need to pay for a premium tracking device that can tell you about diesel consumption, when the tracker was disabled, hours of service, speed, harsh breaking and acceleration, free fall. This thing cost gan.

Lmao omo these companies dey try sha and again pray that God will help you touch the heart of your drivers and fleet managers๐Ÿ˜ญ

Those drivers can be very wicked, dem fit drive ur truck across border if dem wan wicked u
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:13pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Nobody gives anybody any truck o. There's a company called Dangote Sinotruk West Africa limited which is a joint venture between Dangote Industries Ltd & Sinotruk(The chinese truck manfucaturer). The company assembles those sinotruk here in Nigeria and any wholesaler that holds his cash will walk up to them and buy in order to register as one of the numerous transporters under Dangote. Dagote owns like 65% of the company while the chinese own 35%.

They even sell the trucks to outsiders sef. Dangote na proper businessman o, not father christmas

Noo.. When I say free, I'm saying the wholesalers are not paying for those trucks that deliver cement to them.
Or even if they pay, the price is already added to the money paid for cement. I'm using lafarge maybe Dangote is different there
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:15pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Those drivers can be very wicked, dem fit drive ur truck across border if dem wan wicked u

Them fit abi na norms.
Fleet managers dey connive with drivers to use trucks๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Nai make e dey necessary for logistic company owners to build a proper structured organisation with multiple checks and balance and as much as possible digitize anything that can be
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:16pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na brave guys dey do that business for Naija. It's a tight margin business but predictable. However in a setting where you can lose 1 in 10 trucks to Nigerian roads be it accident, vigilantes, bad roads, poor drivers, kidnappers, not to mention drivers probably siphoning diesel, I wonder how they plan out their cash flow and payback periods on trucks. Too many variables dey Naija setting
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:18pm On May 23, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Noo.. When I say free, I'm saying the wholesalers are not paying for those trucks that deliver cement to them.
Or even if they pay, the price is already added to the money paid for cement. I'm using lafarge maybe Dangote is different there

Okay, I think I understand u now
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2023
Ibime:

Na brave guys dey do that business for Naija. It's a tight margin business but predictable. However in a setting where you can lose 1 in 10 trucks to Nigerian roads be it accident, vigilantes, bad roads, poor drivers, kidnappers, not to mention drivers probably siphoning diesel, I wonder how they plan out their cash flow and payback periods on trucks. Too many variables dey Naija setting

You can mitigate most of this by comprehensive insurance with excess buyback. I doubt anyone will be stupid enough to put a truck on Naija roads without insurance.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 12:30pm On May 23, 2023
Bro-in-law saw hell in that business. Even technology (vehicle trackers, fuel monitoring for diesel etc) could stop one thing or the other from Fing things up.

Ibime:

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:42pm On May 23, 2023
Itsrm:

You can mitigate most of this by comprehensive insurance with excess buyback. I doubt anyone will be stupid enough to put a truck on Naija roads without insurance.

Insurance can only take care of the vehicle, I think what he's saying is other factors like kidnapping, driver running away with goods,drivers siphoning diesel etc. Those other factors u don't have control over it and they will surely affect ur cashflow and payback period for the loans u accessed from the banks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 12:53pm On May 23, 2023
Ibime:

Dangote know why he ceded that part of operation. I wonder if it's the Insurance companies bearing the cost of all these burnt trucks, accidents and wear and tear from Nigerian roads.

100%. However, his premium would be incredibly high considering the risks, some of which you have mentioned. Also, there are independent drivers contracted to haul for him and I imagine the liability of those trucks will rest solely on the owners and not Dangote.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Well I wish I can get my hands on that interview, whenever I come across that interview again, I will surely drop it here.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:12pm On May 23, 2023
larride:

Well I wish I can get my hands on that interview, whenever I come across that interview again, I will surely drop it here.

Loool nor worry Dangote Don bobo you.
E dey occur. Please I sure say the people nor question am
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Insurance can only take care of the vehicle, I think what he's saying is other factors like kidnapping, driver running away with goods,drivers siphoning diesel etc. Those other factors u don't have control over it and they will surely affect ur cashflow and payback period for the loans u accessed from the banks

Insurance is flexible enough and does not just take care of the vehicle. You can insure the goods being transported.

Standard logistics firms like DHL insure their goods so if the driver runs away with it or any other thing happens, they turn to insurance.

And when you say kidnapping, do you mean like the driver getting kidnapped?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2594) (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) ... (4849) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mรฉs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ballzproblem2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.