Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,141 members, 7,849,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1531949 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2678) (2679) (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) ... (4771) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
izzou:

This one na Soludo pro max

You did not put assurances for my safety. You are telling me to come out and go about my business

If dem shoot me, who go resurrect me back?

😂

...but it must be stopped. What do you suggest they should do?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Removing it was not the issue
Gloriousgbola was asking why body like nupeng will want to join the strike when they are also involved in the decision
What if that wasn’t the agreement or manner to remove the subsidy

I thought it would end by June too. I was surprised it was May

And even at that, the announcement on the 29th made it worse. People woke up to outright sufferings the next day.

But in all, we need to strategise a way forward.

Paying Subsidy again and arguing around it is just time wasting.

How we can ease this burden as we move forward should be the headache
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
OasisX:

😂

...but it must be stopped. What do you suggest they should do?

If the government cannot enforce laws and bring justice to those caught, nothing can be done.

What are they doing on security? Those that have been caught, what happened?

Of all the killings i have been hearing, i barely hear about these gunmen caught and sentenced

We are really playing in this country.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
I support subsidy removal, but it's better done in phases, not outright removal.

Even with petrol selling for around 200 naira per liter, millions of Nigerians were suffering let alone now that it's going for over 500 naira per liter.

The fuel subsidy should be removed in phases, and within each phase, the government should fix the local refineries and work to improve the country's electricity supply.

I don't support the current arrangement, and NLC should fight the government because anarchy and chaos could soon ensue.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
Itsrm:

Its not like the government just realised theres no money today. They've been kicking it down the road since 2022 when measures should have been put in place to ease the suffering when it's finally removed.

They should kick it down the road another 6 months and do what they should have done since 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc

We've come to the end of the road and it's time to let go. cry cry cry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
izzou:

But you dey argue with me, and you still support the removal.

Are you for me, or against me? grin
I gats see am from both angles.
I support removal but I also support the FG needing to do something especially now that I'm experiencing it. Before it was removed I was of the opinion we should power through it but now.. Omo FG has to do something
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
OasisX:

grin

......can you help with examples?
People are paid to do that!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Removing it was not the issue
Gloriousgbola was asking why body like nupeng will want to join the strike when they are also involved in the decision
What if that wasn’t the agreement or manner to remove the subsidy

There is nobody working in the industry who does not know the reality. And a lot of people in the industry are also pissed off at subsidy shenanigans. It is monkey dey work baboon dey chop

https://moman.org/2018/12/05/proin-pulvinar-viverra-dictum-2-2/

https://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-fuel-scam-idUSL6E8CJ1XQ20120119
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
The more we delay ending the subsidy the worse it will be. This is like cancer that has metastasized. It will be difficult and painful to remove, but the more we delay, the harder it will be.

There will never be a good time to remove the subsidy. The best time would have been the Obj years when money was flowing. Now there is no fking money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2023
izzou:

I thought it would end by June too. I was surprised it was May

And even at that, the announcement on the 29th made it worse. People woke up to outright sufferings the next day.

But in all, we need to strategise a way forward.

Paying Subsidy again and arguing around it is just time wasting.

How we can ease this burden as we move forward should be the headache
There’s no going back already because we are in it and I don’t believe in palliative as it’s a way of scamming us
Tax waving for some certain set and review minimum wage till subsidy is completed
Reduce electricity fee too
Also set up transparent team(not politicians)to review this subsidy payment before they loot us again
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
We don forget Nigeria Airline ........where our planes??...and whey our money??

cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
“It is true that I met with President Tinubu on Saturday. We discussed subsidy and how to tackle waste in government and recover looted funds. The aim is just to ensure that the economy picks up quickly," Falana revealed.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

There’s no going back already because we are in it and I don’t believe in palliative as it’s a way of scamming us
Tax waving for some certain set and review minimum wage till subsidy is completed
Reduce electricity fee too
Also set up transparent team(not politicians)to review this subsidy payment before they loot us again
In all of these...

How many litres do we consume per day?na there be the real issue about d 7.2t them say we dey use for subsidy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
Segedinho:

In all of these...

How many litres do we consume per day?na there be the real issue about d 7.2t them say we dey use for subsidy
The issue is we are too over dependent on petrol,if we have good electricity it will limit a lot of things
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

The issue is we are too over dependent on petrol,if we have good electricity it will limit a lot of things
And they want us to trust our politicians.....

God forbid bad thing
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
Subsidy gone, Corruption increase

If you think 30,000 will sustain people in subsidy removal, then you're joking. With fuel subsidy, people are already complaining and now without it. This will increase corruption, people have to find a way to survive even if illegal is involved, it won't matter again. At this rate I won't even condemn yahoo boys because everybody is stealing to survive.

This is Nigeria, Everybody be criminal.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
Segedinho:
We don forget Nigeria Airline ........where our planes??...and whey our money??

cheesy grin
Na you they go back, you actually believe their was any plane
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
GloriousGbola:
The more we delay ending the subsidy the worse it will be. This is like cancer that has metastasized. It will be difficult and painful to remove, but the more we delay, the harder it will be.

There will never be a good time to remove the subsidy. The best time would have been the Obj years when money was flowing. Now there is no fking money.
But Gej removed it, tinubu and his cohorts brainwashed the public to protest against it. Especially in Lagos, his strong hold.

For me, they shouldn't even go back after removing it. Government should see what they can do to cushion the effect. Subsidy is a big scam and should be scrapped.

It's a pity it should have been removed at the right time..but Tinubu them sabotaged it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Na you they go back, you actually believe their was any plane
Our comrades say we be enemy of progress o ...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Segedinho:

Our comrades say we be enemy of progress o ...
God bless Nigeria air😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7716061/week-after-inauguration-ardent-tinubu

It’s too early abeg, I don’t believe this
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

God bless Nigeria air😂😂
And Buhari...the brain behind it.

All eyes on Dangote refinery .........
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Hunger don wire that one ,e head don reset........

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Na the "Tribunal" part make me laugh.

grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
Emaprince:
But Gej removed it, tinubu and his cohorts brainwashed the public to protest against it. Especially in Lagos, his strong hold.

For me, they shouldn't even go back after removing it. Government should see what they can do to cushion the effect. Subsidy is a big scam and should be scrapped.

It's a pity it should have been removed at the right time..but Tinubu them sabotaged it.

That is your version of events

What you forget or are unaware is that we have had the subsidy going back to the 70s. It was never controversial until the gej administration when it became a free for all scam. It was under gej that numerous briefcase companies were given licenses and paid for bringing in nothing. This was when the subsidy ballooned and never really came down after that.

And gej rather than prosecute the numerous easily identified scammers, opted to kill the subsidy.

I have been looking for the article where wale Tinubu, then moman chairman wrote a letter complaining about the proliferation of briefcase companies that were literally delivering millions of litres on paper.

Somehow in all of this, the major marketers became the boogeymen.

The person who sabotaged himself was gej who made no announcement of any kind but chose to slap people with a subsidy removal on jan1 2012 without any prior warning. No one brainwashed any public. It was an unforced error. Gej style.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
izzou:

Na the "Tribunal" part make me laugh.

grin grin grin grin
I don’t believe se, it’s not even up to a month
Haba
Segedinho:

Hunger don wire that one ,e head don reset........

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
cool

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) received in Audience, the Acting Chairman of Joint Health Sector Union, Dr. Obinna Ogbonna and Mr. Olumide Akintayo, a member of the Executive Council of the Union at the Presidential Villa.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
OasisX:
cool
So Baba wey get ball don run go court....

O lo lo lo lo

grin cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2678) (2679) (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) ... (4771) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: DammyOlu123(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.