Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,289 members, 7,864,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:02 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1579075 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3157) (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) ... (4848) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2023
DissTroy:

Here's why:

Every policy PYO initiated as Acting President got discontinued or abandoned.

With the momentum he moved with to get the Nigeria Startup Bill passed and the fanfare it got launched plus the I-DICE announcement in March, it's been abandoned.

Please confirm this: The last time news websites reported about I-DICE was on March 15, but I check the AfDB website every other week and there are quarterly updates. Even calls for local Enterprise Development Partners.

The caveat has always been "...once the Nigerian government announces...". AfDB already stated it would contribute its own share of $170 million of the $613 million, but the government has said nothing about it.

----

Even Bosun Tijani (from the report OasisX) shared has seemingly shifted from I-DICE. Osinbajo already did all the work. Just activate it. It's simple.

Bosun is just 5 days as the minister of ICT. The least he deserve is to give him the opportunity to do his best.

Osibanjo did not do all the work, there is still alot of work to be done in the ICT community. That Bosun has commented on it means it's part of what he's going to work on.

Give him his space to get to work. I-Dice is not the all and be all of the ICT sector.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
Olowunl01:

Oga sir don't know what you are talking about... mesef I know nothing about nothing grin grin grin ema ko igbo simi lapo cool

Evidence dey up sir. You no need to explain. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Na these kain guys we dey hate pass.

At Uni, there was a guy we stopped inviting to come and play ball with us, after he joined our friendship group and wifed up the "Fateema" aka the one for the team.

Like bro, to say all of us dey love this h⁰e like that, you for see am to love?

Anyway, she gave him an STI and cheated on him. Amateur. Person wey we dey wear hazmat to fück - you go skin dive.

My prayers go out again to the cheater and the cheated. Everyman for himself, but God (and hoes) for all.
STI grin
And they ask where they went wrong when it was clear from the beginning.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

Olowunl01
How about safari trip to Rwanda and Tanzania? Those locations are popping even Naija based boys dey hit those spots regularly to view wildlife strictly

Kenya used to pop then also till some Nigerians carry their wahala go there.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

Olowunl01
How about safari trip to Rwanda and Tanzania? Those locations are popping even Naija based boys dey hit those spots regularly to view wildlife strictly
Hahaha - Safari tours is lovely, done 2 safari tours already with my peeps, south africa and tanzania wanted them to see different africa and not just seeing family in Naija, so going safari alone, hmmm the shalaye go plenty gaan ni o.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
larride:

Bosun is just 5 days as the minister of ICT. The least he deserve is to give him the opportunity to do his best.

Osibanjo did not do all the work, there is still alot of work to be done in the ICT community. That Bosun has commented on it means it's part of what he's going to work on.

Give him his space to get to work. I-Dice is not the all and be all of the ICT sector.

As at now, it is. Well, mostly.

VC funding and other such stabling capital have always been primary to boost ICT.

The VCs out there are hawks. PayStack had to raise $1 million in VC in 2017 and forced to register as a U.S. company. Flutterwave too. So many others.
They pay taxes and other concessions as U.S. companies, things that'd have been fully ours sibce they operate in our market primarily.

We got 18.7% of our GDP from ICT last year. Imagine the amounts we'd have gotten if these companies were fully Nigerian.

That's just one aspect. With I-DICE, coys like Andela, HNNG and others would be commonplace. I-DICE would help democratise the ICT sector (if fully implemented).

India has something similar.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by olril17(m): 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
olril17:
No reputable news sources is carrying this Steve Harvey news though.
Everything online about this trending issue are from dodgy websites
So it has been reported as fake news.
Always seems so,was weird no reputable news organization was reporting it,came out of nowhere like the Hakimi rubbish which prove to be fake news as well
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
What's going on here?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2023
DissTroy:

As at now, it is. Well, mostly.

VC funding and other such stabling capital have always been primary to boost ICT.

The VCs out there are hawks. PayStack had to raise $1 million in VC in 2017 and forced to register as a U.S. company. Flutterwave too. So many others.
They pay taxes.

We got 18.7% of our GDP from ICT last year. Imagine the amounts we'd have gotten if these companies were fully Nigerian.

That's just one aspect. With I-DICE, coys like Andela, HNNG and others would be commonplace. I-DICE would help democratise the ICT sector (if fully implemented).

India has something similar.

It's a start and I believe those in the ministry knows what they are doing.

Bosun himself is an OG Nigeria tech guy who I'm sure have encountered one or two of the obstacle that the ICT sector has been facing.

The koko is you need to give him the chance to work first. That he even acknowledged that they have access the $500m should let you know that they are not abandoning the project.

Whether Osibanjo is there or not, the project will move on.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2023
Emaprince:
What's going on here?

Na OGs dey discuss. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
nihilistjnr:

I prefer to stick to Europe. I'm still very young looking. I gym. I get dada, and I have some little disposable income here and there. So I'm able to make friends and travel with them if you know what I mean.

I look about 25 years old. So I've not yet had to structure my paroles around per-unit cost models. My innit and swag still dey work...for now. I might have to revisit my model when I hit 40 in a few years.

Na mainly Naija based guys dey go Rwanda and Tanzania because it's closer for them. Flight time to Yankee is too far. DR or South America is okay

Which spots in Europe dey pop like that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
larride:
Omo una be men truly. grin
The Rwanda, Kenya and Tanzania pee, the guy dey Bonny Island and went with his brother in laws as in his wife's brothers and everyone do their thing knowing what's up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

Na mainly Naija based guys dey go Rwanda and Tanzania because it's closer for them. Flight time to Yankee is too far. DR or South America is okay

Which spots in Europe dey pop like that

Anywhere on the Med is a goal. I just came back from Malaga on Tuesday. Their girls hollit for that town. I went for a show there called El Row, and I was very popular as the only black guy there. Even my friend say girls just dey ask am if I get babe. Then I enter one small town 40 minutes out of malaga called Nerja for 2 nights. The beaches there aren't nudist beaches, but bare chics had the bazookas out.

Barcelona and Marseille are always good. But Portimao during afronation na buffet. Walahi.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2023
EURO just too loud for holiday… I want where if I carry $1000, e go be like 1billion grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
obainojazz:
EURO just too loud for holiday… I want where if I carry $1000, e go be like 1billion grin

Zimbabwe
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2023
obainojazz:
The Gambia nko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
obainojazz:

😂😂😂😂

South Sudan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
larride:

😂😂😂😂

South Sudan
[quo
larride:

😂😂😂😂

South Sudan
te author=izzou post=125383422]

Zimbabwe[/quote] Una just Dey cast African countries . grin grin

Don’t think I’ll be comfortable going to any African country… I like my life
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:53am On Aug 27, 2023
See izzou, blueray and sod09 girlfriends

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwX94GxNdOM/?igshid=YTUzYTFiZDMwYg%3D%3D

But its not safe to consume this much alcohol in a short time
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:54am On Aug 27, 2023
obainojazz:

Niger Republic
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:06am On Aug 27, 2023
obainojazz:

Go to Cuba. You won't regret it. Money dey stretch like Mr Fantastic for there. If say Yankee no get visa ban, Dayo for dey reach there 6 times a year. Where doctors dey earn $50 per month, how much you think say toto go be?

But since you are already in the East, you get more options than most - Phillipines, Cambodia and Thailand most especially
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:39am On Aug 27, 2023
Ibime:

Go to Cuba. You won't regret it. Money dey stretch like Mr Fantastic for there. If say Yankee no get visa ban, Dayo for dey reach there 6 times a year. Where doctors dey earn $50 per month, how much you think say toto go be?

But since you are already in the East, you get more options than most - Phillipines, Cambodia and Thailand most especially

Shebi Naija passport suppose fit enter Cuba
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:46am On Aug 27, 2023
obainojazz:

Go to Bali or Thailand.

Bali is very cheap but Aussies don nearly spoil the market there.

Thailand is cheap too but you must check the chassis number and expiry date of any package you buy there.

If you are not purchasing anything there are some nice places within Australia (NE Queensland).

DR might still be possible at that price if you remove hotel and flight. And you might be lucky to buy packages on credit there.

Just don’t go near Colombia. Things can rapidly go south over there. In a really bad way.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 4:05am On Aug 27, 2023
Ibime:

Ahhh Cuba, I fear that country (probably because of the poverty there).

I’m looking at the Caribbeans in that region as I like the vibes plus they seem safe and cheap lol.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 4:12am On Aug 27, 2023
afrodoc2:

Go to Bali or Thailand.

Thailand is cheap too but you must check the chassis number and expiry date of any package you buy there.

If you are not purchasing anything there are some nice places within Australia (NE Queensland).

DR might still be possible at that price if you remove hotel and flight. And you might be lucky to buy packages on credit there.

Just don’t go near Colombia. Things can rapidly go south over there. In a really bad way.

Bali is a must for residents in Australia… it’s in my plans for next year.

I’m definitely going to Queensland this year or next… Looks like Gold Coast is the only reasonable place in Australia.
Traffic choke when I visited Melbourne, made me prefer my boring Adelaide.

Anyone with Hawaii,Brazil, Seychelles and Carribeans/Island countries experience?

These are places I’m really keen to go.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:33am On Aug 27, 2023
obainojazz:
Bali is a must for residents in Australia… it’s in my plans for next year.

I’m definitely going to Queensland this year or next… Looks like Gold Coast is the only reasonable place in Australia.
Traffic choke when I visited Melbourne, made me prefer my boring Adelaide.

Anyone with Hawaii,Brazil, Seychelles and Carribeans/Island countries experience?

These are places I’m really keen to go.

Queensland has a few good options. Gold Coast is good. Sunshine Coast is probably as good but a little quieter. Whitsundays might be the best. Even Cairns is not bad.

I lived in the Caribbean (though almost a decade ago) so I can give an opinion on that. It is hard to go wrong with most of the islands. DR is popular because it is bigger than the others and has a well developed hire-purchase culture. Depending on what you want Turks and Caicos, Barbados, Bahamas, St Kitts, Cayman Islands, Aruba etc. Trinidad or Jamaica are options during carnival season but come with increased security risk.

Anywhere you go, especially in the Caribbean and South America you have to be extra careful cos they have well developed tourist crime culture. This is another reason why group trips are the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bluelines69: 5:06am On Aug 27, 2023
afrodoc2:

Go to Bali or Thailand.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 6:01am On Aug 27, 2023
afrodoc2:

Queensland has a few good options. Gold Coast is good. Sunshine Coast is probably as good but a little quieter. Whitsundays might be the best. Even Cairns is not bad.

I lived in the Caribbean (though almost a decade ago) so I can give an opinion on that. It is hard to go wrong with most of the islands. DR is popular because it is bigger than the others and has a well developed hire-purchase culture. Depending on what you want Turks and Caicos, Barbados, Bahamas, St Kitts, Cayman Islands, Aruba etc. Trinidad or Jamaica are options during carnival season but come with increased security risk.

Anywhere you go, especially in the Caribbean and South America you have to be extra careful cos they have well developed tourist crime culture. This is another reason why group trips are the best.
I think I like the bolded…rent those beach houses and throw small parties.
I’ll look towards that cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:12am On Aug 27, 2023
raumdeuter:
See izzou, blueray and sod09 girlfriends

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwX94GxNdOM/?igshid=YTUzYTFiZDMwYg%3D%3D

But its not safe to consume this much alcohol in a short time
Not only alcohol even carbonated drinks
All these Mumu awuuf game just because of 1k they can cause 50k issue to their body
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:01am On Aug 27, 2023
grin

....so a condom is now 2k is Naija?!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2023
OasisX:
grin

....so a condom is now 2k is Naija?!
lies.

Duress is 1k in some shops. My regular supermarket sells for around 700
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2023
Emaprince:
lies.

Duress is 1k in some shops. My regular supermarket sells for around 700
He they play na you no pay attention to the picture
2 rounds equal to 4k

(1) (2) (3) ... (3157) (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) ... (4848) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, Tochex101(m), NerdSciBot, Ellexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.