Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,764 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1573575 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) ... (4841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2023
DissTroy:

LOL. You definitely haven't seen Asemota clapback over the years.

Iyin, as much as I know, rarely ever gets personal with his attacks. And the hate he's been getting on Tech Twitter recently seems to coincide with him being 'vocally' pro-Tinubu. He basically just tweets positive things he notices about the government or intends to see without necessarily antagonising the other parties, or prays Tinubu's government goes well.

He doesn't deserve that much hate. It's undue.

Iyin?
Abi another person?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2023
Theflint1:
Lol, you don't know Lyin then, or maybe you just started following him. Lyin always goes personal, once he has what he believes is gist on you, and an argument isn't going the way he likes, the next thing he does is to start dropping that gist on the TL...he's done it with Jason Njoku, Asemota, Pyjama CEO and others. Lyin fights dirty, always.

liveLongNprospa:

Iyin?
Abi another person?

Let's exemplify with recent events: He thought it was a good idea to rehabilitate Yahoo boys (I'm skeptical about it; no, against it), even though the idea isn't his. And he explained why they should get a lifeline at a second chance.

Everything which followed his tweets were insults and more.

He defended himself from the attackers.
---

Last year when he was being trolled for getting booted out of a company he cofounded (Flutterwave), he didn't start any of it. He had to defend himself.

How do you attack people unprovoked then choose how they defend themselves?

And worse even, we found out those marshalling the pitchfork army last Sunday are direct beneficiaries of political Yahoo boys themselves.

He's an asshole sometimes, he's sanctimonious, he says contradictory things even... But he rarely ever starts a fight. We can all agree on that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2023
DissTroy:

Let's exemplify with recent events: He thought it was a good idea to rehabilitate Yahoo boys (I'm skeptical about it; no, against it), even though the idea isn't his. And he explained why they should get a lifeline at a second chance.

---

Last year when he was being trolled for getting booted out of a company he cofounded (Flutterwave), he didn't start any of it. He had to defend himself.

And worse even, we found out those marshalling the pitchfork army last Sunday are direct beneficiaries of political Yahoo boys themselves.

He's an asshole sometimes, he's sanctimonious, he says contradictory things even... But he rarely ever starts a fight. We can all agree on that.
Lol, I just don't have the strength to start digging Lyin's tweets, but I know how his interest in that Yahoo boy discourse started and it wasn't with him calmly stating reasons why it was a good idea. Some of his earliest tweets was him throwing shades at people having genuine concerns about converting Yahoo boys to tech bros, saying the only thing they were scared of was that these Ikorodu Yahoo boys will displace them. Lyin is an instigator, he hardly has a lengthy discourse on any issue without it becoming a him vs whoever/whatever else.

Lyin came after PyjamaCEO same day he came after Asemota... you've been skipping his attack on the former, there's no way you'd have seen his attack on Asemota and missed that one...what was the basis for his attack on that day?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2023
DissTroy:

---

It is his misyarns that starts drags.
Nothing more.
Majority of the time it's when he is having political conversations with someone and he says something stupid that's what people react to.
Then what happens is most times instead of him to admit his Bleep up immediately, he will dig in trying to justify it and you'll initially have some friends defend him but after a while they stop and even try to caution him.
Iyin is a very very smart man who is a talented founder.
But his understanding of life in general especially when that topic is based on politics is just terrible.
If you follow iyin's thought process ehn, I promise that you'll be asking how God did it that such a man founded Andela
Yes there are people he has beef with normally who attacks him and he attacks them.
Iyin and Seun, I nor even know who worse pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Nothing more.
Majority of the time it's when he is having political conversations with someone and he says something stupid that's what people react to.
Then what happens is most times instead of him to admit his Bleep up immediately, he will dig in trying to justify it and you'll initially have some friends defend him but after a while they stop and even try to caution him.
But his understanding of life in general especially when that topic is based on politics is just terrible.
If you follow iyin's thought process ehn, I promise that you'll be asking how God did it that such a man founded Andela
Yes there are people he has beef with normally who attacks him and he attacks them.
Lyin, Seun and Mark Essien, na the same WhatsApp group Dem dey.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
a4turitoroman:

Your ndlea ambassador. LOL

Swears bro,several videos of Mohbad and he wasn’t smoking in any meanwhile NDLEA ambassador smokes in every other video called him a drug addict who is always under the influence...

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Nothing more.

I already pointed out in the comment which started this 4 weeks ago that Iyin's political summations are shit sometimes.

DissTroy:

Well, until it comes to Nigerian socio-politico-economics, and he goes "Jesus said in the book of..., if we implement this and that."
"I surrender my finances to Jesus and we should too as a country if we must move forward.."

No, sir, you didn't found and run billion-dollar companies by just surrendering to Jesus. You put in the work. Insist on same about policy implementation in government.

He's an asshole too, but the increased hate he's getting is simply because he's unabashedly pro-Tinubu. He gets attacked at the slightest opportunity.
If David Hundeyin had backed the rehabilitating Yahoo boys by teaming up with BBC, would he have gotten that much hate? Or even Kola Aina?

Iyin the VC and tech founder could be making a point which has nothing to do with politics but he's attacked for being Iyin, the guy siding with the government.

Even on this thread, don't pro-Tinubu and pro-Obi folks discuss and merry over other issues outside of politics? Why is he singled out?

Most opinionated folks on Twitter are assholes but he's been made the poster boy of assholes undeservedly.

If you think Iyin is everything you pointed out he is, what would you say about Asemota who consciously seeks out trouble? But he doesn't get the hate Iyin gets.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
DissTroy:

I already pointed out in the comment which started this 4 weeks ago that Iyin's political summations are shit sometimes.

He's an asshole too, but the increased hate he's getting is simply because he's unabashedly pro-Tinubu. He gets attacked at the slightest opportunity.
If David Hundeyin had backed the rehabilitating Yahoo boys by teaming up with BBC, would he have gotten that much hate? Or even Kola Aina?

Iyin the VC and tech founder could be making a point which has nothing to do with politics but he's attacked for being Iyin, the guy siding with the government.

Even on this thread, don't pro-Tinubu and pro-Obi folks discuss and merry over other issues outside of politics? Why is he singled out?

Most opinionated folks on Twitter are assholes but he's been made the poster boy of assholes undeservedly.

If you think Iyin is everything you pointed out he is, what would you say about Asemota who consciously seeks out trouble? But he doesn't get the hate Iyin gets.
Question is why does Asemota hardly get dragged?
Asemota and Iyin are not even in the same stratosphere when it comes to misyarn.
Iyin's own ehn.
I say him and Seun dey the same level of stupid talk.
What you'll say is Iyin's dragging can go on for days and it's because he just keeps doubling down till alot of his people have told him how bleeped up it is.
Infact iyin usually likes to remind you during his process of doubling down on rubbish that he is right because he has built stuff and you have not (this particular behaviour gets him into more trouble with fellow cofounders in their ecosystem)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
Theflint1:
See my point? How's Mark Essien an asshole? How many times has he been involved in fights or wars?

But he did the IReV validation thing and he's been hated since then.

They are not necessarily hated for being the tech leaders they are, but for their real or presumed political stances. Mark Essien, particularly, accused for being an El Rufai stooge and an APC mole with no evidence. He's the easiest-going of the lot, including when compared to Asemota and the others, but he's hated too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
Theflint1:
Lmao.. Mark Essien while bleeped up isn't as consistent as iyin and seun
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
DissTroy:

See my point? How's Mark Essien an asshole? How many times has he been involved in fights or wars?

But he did the IReV validation thing and he's been hated since then.

They are not necessarily hated for being the tech leaders they are, but for their real or presumed political stances. Mark Essien, particularly, accused for being an El Rufai stooge and an APC mole with no evidence. He's the easiest-going of the lot, including when compared to Asemota and the others, but he's hated too.
Lol, all three are a special kinda dense that attracts vitriol.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. Mark Essien while bleeped up isn't as consistent as iyin and seun
Yea, I'd give Mark a pass cause he always seems kinda forked in the head, and Seun more often than not seems like he's trolling...Lyin though angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
Theflint1:
Lyin has alluded to the grass to grace thing a number of times sha, not hawking level type of grass, but he does create a grass-grace story whenever he can.

Bros Iyin schooled in Canada before he left everything and came back to Nigeria.

You do not know the situation of things with him and his family when he came back to Nigeria to start up.

If you've not lived his life and gone through his experience then he should let the man talk his story as he see fit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2023
Theflint1:
Lol, you don't know Lyin then, or maybe you just started following him. Lyin always goes personal, once he has what he believes is gist on you, and an argument isn't going the way he likes, the next thing he does is to start dropping that gist on the TL...he's done it with Jason Njoku, Asemota, Pyjama CEO and others. Lyin fights dirty, always.

Your bias here is astonishing.

Was it not Asemota that produced a fake email stating he fired Jeff that never worked under him? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Question is why does Asemota hardly get dragged?
Asemota and Iyin are not even in the same stratosphere when it comes to misyarn.
Iyin's own ehn.
I say him and Seun dey the same level of stupid talk.
What you'll say is Iyin's dragging can go on for days and it's because he just keeps doubling down till alot of his people have told him how bleeped up it is.
Infact iyin usually likes to remind you during his process of doubling down on rubbish that he is right because he has built stuff and you have not (this particular behaviour gets him into more trouble with fellow cofounders in their ecosystem)

Asemota doesn't get dragged because he's a Twitter darling. Simple n short.

Abi no be same Asemota that said Ibori is a misunderstood man?

Lmao

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
larride:

Bros Iyin schooled in Canada before he left everything and came back to Nigeria.

You do not know the situation of things with him and his family when he came back to Nigeria to start up.

If you've not lived his life and gone through his experience then he should let the man talk his story as he see fit.
Lol, what everything did he leave? You think the son of a major Nigerian pastor would see mere living abroad as everything? Cause I'm not sure what you mean by everything.

I have no issues with him telling a grass to grace story, cause this grass to grace thing differs too, what's grass to a billionaires kid isn't grass to the average Joe's kid. I do however think it odd he tries to create an impression that he came from a struggling family.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
larride:

Lmao
Asemota doesn't get dragged because he's socially aware and adept at creating conversations around sensitive issues without sounding like an asshole.

In one of the tweets Glorious G posted of Asemota referencing his relationship with Ibori, it started with him trying to make a case for a Tinubu presidency. He made his point, kept it real and kick-started a conversation that people could partake in without it devolving into a pissing contest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
larride:

Your bias here is astonishing.

Was it not Asemota that produced a fake email stating he fired Jeff that never worked under him? grin
Jeff Philips the APC nuisance?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 11:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
Hate him because irev yen yen,Fvcking clown

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2023
larride:

Lmao

And how did asemota end up as a twitter darling?
Surely he has less brain fart moments than iyin.
It doesn't mean asemota doesn't get dragged too.
I know he was absolutely called out for that Jeff Philips employment stuff.

Iyin is way worse than asemota and also much more consistent.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2023
larride:

Lmao

Ibori was a thief like practically all his fellow governors

He didn't get in trouble because he was a thief - he got in trouble because he went for the king (Obj) and missed. Same as alams story and Atikus story

The sad irony is that it appears he was the best governor delta state has had.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 11:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
Amigoss:
Hate him because irev yen yen,Fvcking clown

Hundreds of thousands or even millions of Obidients supported Buhari in 2015, including those on this thread. How come they aren't hated for that reason?

Mark Essien was loved by the same folks until he did his IReV validation thing in March then the attacks began.

I even made a comment on it in March.

March 26, 2023.

DissTroy:

Obidients calling Mark Essien out is what I don't understand. Social media mobs some are.

Man built a validating system costing millions (which INEC would have budgeted billions for) when most were doing nothing more than retweeting hashtags. He even opened it to the public. Obi and Atiku are even using his work free. How selfless can one be ?

For some tech influencers attacking him, it's partly jealousy. Good thing is, he's not gone vitriolic on them.

Same Mark Essien contributed to organising and funding Obidient rallies in Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers States, and he was a darling on Twitter because it aligned.

Immediately he did the IReV thing and began tweeting about the possibility of it not going Obi's way, the hate began. Accusations of being an APC mole and more. Twitter timeline proves it.

You can either man up to swipe like apex birds of prey, taking concise stances on issues being debated, or wait on the sidelines hoping to feed on carrion of dying issues while others are looking away in the dead of the night.

At the end of the day, you are neither here not there. Just one hoping all over the place with no defined talking point or known for taking any stance. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 11:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Ibori was a thief like practically all his fellow governors

He didn't get in trouble because he was a thief - he got in trouble because he went for the king (Obj) and missed. Same as alams story and Atikus story

The sad irony is that it appears he was the best governor delta state has had.
Now this here is just what it is. Which other governor in Delta state can boast of outperforming Ibori?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 11:50pm On Sep 16, 2023
Amigoss:

Swears bro,several videos of Mohbad and he wasn’t smoking in any meanwhile NDLEA ambassador smokes in every other video called him a drug addict who is always under the influence...
I love your siggycheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 11:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
Theflint1:
Lol, all three are a special kinda dense that attracts vitriol.
You could say same about MOST opinionated folks on Twitter and still be right. Even David Hundeyin, for all of the good investigations he does, is an asshole when responding to regular, impartial comments sometimes.
And he's more vitriolic than the three you mentioned combined.

If we are judging for being assholes, then we should all be judged. We do personals here too like Iyin is accused of doing, don't we? Maybe not everyday, but he doesn't do it everyday so in what way is neccessarily more horrible than the rest of us?
Why is Iyin always singled out? Always like he's the worst of us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 12:07am On Sep 17, 2023
Pre 2015 grin,this were PR posts towards 2019 election,in bed with HayPC propaganda miscreantss but irev yen yen yen..

If not that he was coward and deleted most of his tweets in support of Buhari's and Haypc pre2019,I would've spam here with his screenshots

An obidient? No one cared and gave a fvck about him,couldn't even deliver his state or LGA to LP until he came on twitter chasing clout as the ikot Ekpene Mahmood Yakubu for engagement and Impressions,

https://twitter.com/jeffphilips1/status/987372509510230016?t=tHCLdGfuKRVHHpyZUi1a3g&s=19

https://twitter.com/jeffphilips1/status/1063089753635966976?t=o7pX9yMnmdOt4QjBq5PBCA&s=19

https://twitter.com/DejiAnubi/status/1026119378239213568?t=MAsYqxdzV29qNld9WD-Tqg&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:27am On Sep 17, 2023
DissTroy:

You could say same about MOST opinionated folks on Twitter and still be right. Even David Hundeyin, for all of the good investigations he does, is an asshole when responding to regular, impartial comments sometimes.
And he's more vitriolic than the three you mentioned combined.

If we are judging for being assholes, then we should all be judged. We do personals here too like Iyin is accused of doing, don't we? Maybe not everyday, but he doesn't do it everyday so in what way is neccessarily more horrible than the rest of us?
Why is Iyin always singled out? Always like he's the worst of us?

A lot of person's in the LP camp think Hundeyin is an arsehole... I'm even blocked by the guy, but he does useful work so it's what it is. Also I think you're making too much of Lyin's dragging, he's Lyin, arguably Numero Uno of the Nigerian tech/VC space...this status causes a lot of person's to fear his reach, and those not afraid of him are in admiration for the work he's done and what he represents...hence would be disinclined to partake in his dragging.

Lyin most likely gets less than his fair share of dragging, but at worst, he gets his fair share like all other opinionated arseholes on Twitter.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:32am On Sep 17, 2023
DissTroy:

Hundreds of thousands or even millions of Obidients supported Buhari in 2015, including those on this thread. How come they aren't hated for that reason?

Mark Essien was loved by the same folks until he did his IReV validation thing in March then the attacks began.

I even made a comment on it in March.

March 26, 2023.

Same Mark Essien contributed to organising and funding Obidient rallies in Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers States, and he was a darling on Twitter because it aligned.

Immediately he did the IReV thing and began tweeting about the possibility of it not going Obi's way, the hate began. Accusations of being an APC mole and more. Twitter timeline proves it.

You can either man up to swipe like apex birds of prey, taking concise stances on issues being debated, or wait on the sidelines hoping to feed on carrion of dying issues while others are looking away in the dead of the night.

At the end of the day, you are neither here not there. Just one hoping all over the place with no defined talking point or known for taking any stance. smiley
Mark Essien has always been a controversial figure, way before Peter Obi even thought of declaring for presidency.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:57am On Sep 17, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Iyin understands that Nigerians are in love with God's grace stories. It is just playing to the Nigerian gallery.

There must be some small flavor of 'I suffered'. This is especially important because Nigerians are in love with the concept of manual work being some kind of preparation for future success.

Someome once shared one story where bill gates said his father was a woodcutter.

Another one - When a friend japaed years ago using PWC, someone recounted the story as see as God bless the guy, he was working in a pure water factory and he is now in Yankee

Going from Shell workers son to a near-billionaire is still a grass to grace story

There are different levels of grass.

And his pops only became GO long after Iyin had made it. Perhaps it's Iyins status and wealth that gave his pops rank to win the GO nomination

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:00am On Sep 17, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Ibori in 2003 was at the height of his powers. Someone who chased econet mgt out of Nigeria and who allegedly was a backer for oando? The only reason ibori got into trouble was because he did not stay in his lane and Obj decided to fk him over.

It was Jonathan that did Ibori in

Ibori was part of Turai Yaraduas kitchen cabinet that refused to handover to Jonathan after Yaraduas was virtually dead
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:21am On Sep 17, 2023
Ibime:

Going from Shell workers son to a near-billionaire is still a grass to grace story

There are different levels of grass.

And his pops only became GO long after Iyin had made it. Perhaps it's Iyins status and wealth that gave his pops rank to win the GO nominatin

Maybe grace to more grace. There are different levels of grace as well. There was no grass at any time. The man was an investment analyst who was in charge of pension funds at Shell. Then he became MidWest District Overseer a long time ago. He sent Iyin to one of the most expensive private secondary schools in Nigeria before he spent another year at an even more expensive prep school in Canada before he went to Uni there.

Has the guy made it bigger and utilized his opportunities? Yes. Is his story a grass to grace story as the average Nigerian would understand it? No.
If we become loose about our definition of grass to grace stories, we will have to add Dangote and Otedola. After all, they built on what they were initially given.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) ... (4841) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.