Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,863 members, 7,862,851 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1573734 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) ... (4841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:

There is an existing road already. Why not improve the road? Why start afresh to build a new one, and abandon the existing one?

And in what world will you cover 700km in 4 hours? Lagos to Abuja in 4 hours?

Lagos to PH in 3 hours?

Even if na only you dey the road, you will not cover it in 4 hours

The new road will be about 400km according to him from Lagos to Abuja.

The new road is far more efficient. If it means abandoning the old ones, so be it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
Itsrm:

The project seems to make a lot of sense to me. He said Lagos to Abuja will be 4 hours and maybe to PH, 3 hours.

As it stands, it takes roughly 10 hours to travel from Lag to PH and more than 50k worth of fuel.

That's unecessary waste of valuable time and money
Lagos to PH 3hr?

As in under the goad road, cars will be traveling at the speed of light.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2023
Itsrm:

The new road will be about 400km according to him from Lagos to Abuja.

The new road is far more efficient. If it means abandoning the old ones, so be it.

Nobody is talking about efficiency.

We are talking about wasting scarce resource just to steal.

Lagos to Abuja today is 12 hours because the roads are bad. People would do far less if it was good.

In an ideal situation, you are supposed to do Lagos to Sokoto in 17 hours, but it is not possible, because the roads are bad.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by vanitybutiwanti: 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:

Lagos to Abuja today is 12 hours because the roads are bad. People would do far less if it was good.

In an ideal situation, you are supposed to do Lagos to Sokoto in 17 hours, but it is not possible, because the roads are bad.
Umahi said the new road will be 460km in length, they are also terminating N6tr worth of abandoned projects for lack of funding . They are introducing tolling to most of the roads, I always knew that Tinubu will make his crew rich as president

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:

You yourself just said the existing road is 700km and you can't drive it in 4 hours even if the road is smooth.

Another road that will cut the distance and drive time into two is very much welcome.

An average car that consumes 10km/litre will burn an extra 18,000 worth of fuel using the old road vs the new road for a single trip and 36k for a return trip.

That's significant savings.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2023
Emaprince:
Lagos to PH 3hr?

As in under the goad road, cars will be traveling at the speed of light.

That's my own assumption. If you can do Lagos to Abuja in 4 hours with the new road, I'm assuming PH won't be more than 3.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2023
The way we waste money in this country.. Confidently telling Nigerians you're terminating #6trn worth of projects ffs 😠..

Repair and properly maintain roads that we have, mbanu, na another bogus road project that'll only serve as a fresh pipeline for looting..

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2023
afrodoc2:

It is still not grass to grace as the general populace would have it. One of my very good friends from Uni was sent abroad for his Masters by his dad and came back to be named a commissioner. Apparently his dad was a respected grassroots leader in the state. The boy don hammer now but he can’t open his mouth and talk about grass to grace.

We might have to agree to disagree because the same way you said there are different levels of grass I believe that there are different levels of grace. Your parents can’t send you to expensive private school after expensive private school in a country where the average man on the street is not sure of where his next day’s meal will come from, and you will now be claiming grass. You are living in grace, just that your grace no high reach them Adenuga own.
Calling Iyin grass to grace is like calling Steph Curry or Patrick Mahomes grass to grace.

Person wey no get Student loan debt to pay off dey talk about grass. Thunder from Sambisa Forest go fire am grin

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2023
Itsrm:

You yourself just said the existing road is 700km and you can't drive it in 4 hours even if the road is smooth.

Another road that will cut the distance and drive time into two is very much welcome.

An average car that consumes 10km/litre will burn an extra 18,000 worth of fuel using the old road vs the new road for a single trip and 36k for a return trip.

That's significant savings.

Since we are saving fuel, why not invest in a rail project from Lagos to Abuja?

Shebi na fuel savings you want? That one would save fuel and time?

Why should we abandon a road, and build another one in the name of saving fuel? What kind of wastage is that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2023
Itsrm:

The project seems to make a lot of sense to me. He said Lagos to Abuja will be 4 hours and maybe to PH, 3 hours.

As it stands, it takes roughly 10 hours to travel from Lag to PH and more than 50k worth of fuel.

That's unecessary waste of valuable time and money
Lagos to Abuja is over 750km so unless Nigeria speed limit don change I want to know how you safely encourage motorists to drive to Abuja in 4 hours.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:
Just Obajana, they cannot even fix it.

Drivers spend 2 hours plus on a bad day.

Then you are telling me you want to build another road from Lagos to Abuja that is concrete.
They are snake oil sellers. I know who they are

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2023
A40:
They are snake oil sellers. I know who they are

Umahi that build airport wey flight no dey go.

Make e chop well well. Na him time

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
grin

Beauty of this thread.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
A40:
Lagos to Abuja is over 750km so unless Nigeria speed limit don change I want to know how you safely encourage motorists to drive to Abuja in 4 hours.

It's a new road of 460km. Not the existing one
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by vanitybutiwanti: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:

Why should we abandon a road, and build another one in the name of saving fuel? What kind of wastage is that?
common sense doesn't work in Nigeria, it's his time to eat, he has to introduce new projects, the kickbacks from some of the old projects still finds it's way to the Ministers in charge when they were awarded.

You don't want him to make money to fund his presidential aspiration?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:

I agree with you that rail is the most efficient form of transportation.

I also believe that the new road is far more efficient, time and cost saving than the current one.

So in the absence of rail for reasons best known to them, the new road is our next best option.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by vanitybutiwanti: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
A40:
460km/hr, at 120km per hour, you can do 4-5 hours from Lagos to Abuja when it's completed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2023
.......I had travelled from Lagos to Abuja by road and was extremely knocked out. We left Lagos around 7am from Iyana-Ipaja and got to Abuja around 9pm Jabi Park.

If there is a way to cut down the journey to just 4hrs, why not? From Ife via either Ondo or Ekiti was terrible. Obajana to Lokoja also was terrible.

If you are unlucky and traffic hold you up on Okene to Lokoja Road, damn! You'll regret the trip. I don't know if the road has been fixed now.

By the way, FG won't spend a penny on the roads construction. I advise we watch the clip again for clarity. Its gonna be tolled after construction though, so its optional for Travellers. Go through Obajana and spend hours on the road or go through the Super Highway.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:

Umahi that build airport wey flight no dey go.

Make e chop well well. Na him time
Na their way
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2023
Itsrm:

It's a new road of 460km. Not the existing one
I will believe it when I see it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
common sense doesn't work in Nigeria, it's his time to eat, he has to introduce new projects, the kickbacks from some of the old projects still finds it's way to the Ministers in charge when they were awarded.

You don't want him to make money to fund his presidential aspiration?

Even we as a people have become so used to being dazzled with shiny toys that are irrelevant.

I'll be surprised if Umahi doesn't have any link to the private partnership.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by semid4lyfe(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2023
People of God, I don collect palliative o grin

How did it happen?

Got back from Church this morning and my neighbour (a banker) approached me and said the government is paying palliative through his bank, and staff were given slots.

He said he'll be sharing it later in the day in the compound so wifey and I should come with one passport photograph each.

I went with my pp, he ticked a male name on the register which I signed against. His partner then stapled my pp on a social Intervention fund/palliative branded envelope and then snapped my picture holding the envelope, after which I was handed an envelope with 5k inside.

It's raining heavily presently but that has not deterred people from trooping into my compound to collect the money.

I just say make I update una.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2023
Who para bella Shmurda this hot Sunday afternoon grin

Na why I like Yankee be this, if na there na, dead body for don surplus for streets base on attacks and reprisal attacks..

Wetin we get here na armchair internet wannabe musical gangstas grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
seankafor:
Who para bella Shmurda this hot Sunday afternoon grin

Na why I like Yankee be this, if na there na, dead body for don surplus for streets base on attacks and reprisal attacks..

Wetin we get here na armchair internet wannabe musical gangstas grin

😀😀😀😀😀

Aside Burna, I don't think any of our music stars have real gang affiliations..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2023
semid4lyfe:
People of God, I don collect palliative o grin

How did it happen?

Got back from Church this morning and my neighbour (a banker) approached me and said the government is paying palliative through his bank, and staff were given slots.

He said he'll be sharing it later in the day in the compound so wifey and I should come with one passport photograph each.

I went with my pp, he ticked a male name on the register which I signed against. His partner then stapled my pp on a social Intervention fund/palliative branded envelope and then snapped my picture holding the envelope, after which I was handed an envelope with 5k inside.

It's raining heavily presently but that has not deterred people from trooping into my compound to collect the money.

I just say make I update una.

grin

.....guess you wanna type 50k right?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
Your son was not a pastor. He didn't serve as other did.

You die, and automatically made him Senior Pastor and Chairman.

The kind sabotaging wey go follow this guy tenure ehn.

https://www.nairaland.com/7843696/jimmy-odukoya-succeeds-father-senior
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by semid4lyfe(m): 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.....guess you wanna type 50k right?

Nope!

5K. Five Thousand Naira Only.

Perhaps, you mistook the "it's raining heavily phrase" for a figurative one. It isn't. I meant it literally.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2023
semid4lyfe:

Nope!

5K. Five Thousand Naira Only.

Perhaps, you mistook the "it's raining heavily phrase" for a figurative one. It isn't. I meant it literally.

grin

....I don't support that kinda palliative ó jàre. Wetin dem use 5k do?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:
Your son was not a pastor. He didn't serve as other did.

You die, and automatically made him Senior Pastor and Chairman.

The kind sabotaging wey go follow this guy tenure ehn.

https://www.nairaland.com/7843696/jimmy-odukoya-succeeds-father-senior

.....I think its something common though. When my Auntie lost her husband, a Pastor with 3 Churches. Auntie inherits the main church, while my cousins take charge of other 2 churches as Pastors/Evangelists.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
OasisX:

.....I think its something common though. When my Auntie lost her husband, a Pastor with 3 Churches. Auntie inherits the main church, while my cousins take charge of other 2 churches as Pastors/Evangelists.

I am not against children inheriting the throne, as long as they have been serving

Oyedepo's son is a pastor. He may be the head when Baba dies. Very understandable

But someone who is an actor. Then other junior pastors that have given their time to serve the father will just watch idly while a Nollywood star becomes King.

Satan does not need to scatter the church. Na humans go help am do am
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2023
izzou:

I am not against children inheriting the throne, as long as they have been serving

Oyedepo's son is a pastor. He may be the head when Baba dies. Very understandable

But someone who is an actor. Then other junior pastors that have given their time to serve the father will just watch idly while a Nollywood star becomes King.

Satan does not need to scatter the church. Na humans go help am do am

grin

.....Actor kẹ? This one tough ó.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) ... (4841) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: OasisX, ouzo1(m), Shegzdave and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.