Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,429 members, 7,853,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1548414 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) ... (4798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Lebanese , Chinese and Indians in the manufacturing sector and the worst employers you will come across. worse than nigerians because they are also smart enough to close al loopholes.

if you have a bad naija company rest assured the staff are robbing it blind - just as they would rob a good company blind.

but indians and chinese and lebanese - they will be bad employers but they have an eye on the numbers and you cant steal shit
You are basically saying if I own a company and I want to employ someone to run the operations it should be a Lebanese/Indian because they are effective in what they do. That's what am getting from your post. The blame is not on the company but our greedy leaders. Most of our own Nigerians are also board of directors of this so called Chinese/Lebanese companies. Our own people are involved.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That’s how the world is generally . Most people don’t care about ur pains , they even use ur pains as source of entertainment . Na u go use ur head and no let other people use am for u.

social medal has made it much worse. now the goal is to escalate the incident so it so useless linda ikeji wanna be can spam nairaland with dont forget to like and subscribe on my shit blog
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

It happened last year, i think.
Addo road, Ajah

People move about with so much anger these days. I don't know if it is the country or that is their default mode.

Imagine if one of them had a gun.

They could’ve killed themselves if they had any dangerous weapon in their possession.

Sometimes na because neither of them get insurance na why dem go wan teach each other lesson having made up their mind to repair their own cars themselves.

One man don bash me before on a Sunday morning in front of his church like this . The really provoked me cos I was right behind him seeing that he wants to make a turn ; I gave him enough space to do whatever balablue he wanted to do, yet he found a way to hit me despite honking loudly behind him o.

I just came down, checked my car and completely ignored him mouthing incoherent at first . He later apologized when he observed I didn’t engage him in any shouting contest/argument . I drove off , contacted my insurer the next day and had my car fixed within the week.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

Come to Kirikiri road, and let me give you a tour on some of these Lebanese companies that produce detergents

That's when you will know we have mad love for ourselves as Nigerians
I have worked in a Chinese company before.

The Chinese are so bad that even if there is no work at a particular period in your factory section, they will force you to engage in another work.

For example, they can force you to start cleaning the toilets or start packing ants for them; the Chinese will make sure that you are not for one minute idle. It's crazy and can mess up an employee's mental health. I mean that's the crudest level of human treatment.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2023
Melvyn11:

You are basically saying if I own a company and I want to employ someone to run the operations it should be a Lebanese/Indian because they are effective in what they do. That's what am getting from your post. The blame is not on the company but our greedy leaders. Most of our own Nigerians are also board of directors of this so called Chinese/Lebanese companies. Our own people are involved.

if you own a company and you hire a lebanese / indian manager - you can keep him in check and manage the worst of his excesses. but in a company run by indians it is 100% OYO

we have cadres of nigerians we also have cadres of indians etal

the kora i am referncing here are the lower cadre factory supervisor types.

i am telling you that indian and lebenese and chinese run companies that are based on physical labour will pay you shit. the bosses are toxic and abusive . there is likely to also be a lot of sexual abuse. basically, exploitation of labout because they know and understand the workers have no options

i did my nysc at tower aluminum. see a grown man my dads age [so called manager] proudly saying he has 100k in savings . that was the money i saved during that same nysc. [2002]

in 2014 or so, my then employer hired an indian as ops manager. we had other indian guys mostly in LPG. those guys were high strata people. the ops guy - was from a factory environment . every day he was insulting berating and abusing staff. and he turned the company guesthouse to his personal whorehouse. the difference between him and the LPG guys was night and day. that is the kind of Indian you have in manufacturing for the most part. they will pay you shit and treat you like shit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2023
GrammarNazi1:

The Chinese are so bad that even if there is no work at a particular period in your factory section, they will force you to engage in another work.

For example, they can force you to start cleaning the toilets or start packing ants for them; the Chinese will make sure that you are not for one minute idle. It's crazy and can mess up an employee's mental health. I mean that's the crudest level of human treatment.

When i see people compare them to Nigerians, i laugh

My friend worked in a bakery own by them.

For every single slice of bread that you make a mistake, they deduct your salary...I mean EVERY SINGLE SLICE

Sometimes, your salary is almost gone before the month ends.

These guys no send holidays or sickness or leave.

The ones that do detergent work from 7am to 7pm. 1 hour break.

No sitting down. You will package detergents with just one nose mask. By 7pm, your face is already turning red.

Their daily pay is always 500 to 750. Maybe it has increased now sha

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2023
Interesting global stats.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:54am On Oct 12, 2023
Just use Julius Berger and CCECC

You will know who has better working conditions just by looking at the on site labourers
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 11:55am On Oct 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That’s how the world is generally . Most people don’t care about ur pains , they even use ur pains as source of entertainment . Na u go use ur head and no let other people use am for u.

They'll use your pains for engagement farming 🧺 cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

They could’ve killed themselves if they had any dangerous weapon in their possession.

Sometimes na because neither of them get insurance na why dem go wan teach each other lesson having made up their mind to repair their own cars themselves.

One man don bash me before on a Sunday morning in front of his church like this . The really provoked me cos I was right behind him seeing that he wants to make a turn ; I gave him enough space to do whatever balablue he wanted to do, yet he found a way to hit me despite honking loudly behind him o.

I just came down, checked my car and completely ignored him mouthing incoherent at first . He later apologized when he observed I didn’t engage him in any shouting contest/argument . I drove off , contacted my insurer the next day and had my car fixed within the week.

Almost everybody driving is angry

And its best to just avoid any form of altercations as much as you can.

One day, a guy hit me from behind. I came down to see the dent, and this guy just sat in his car. He didn't move. He didn't apologise

I looked again, and i saw McOluomo stickers on his fenders, saw Jagaban logo and all that.

I just carry my two legs enter my own drive off. grin

This one pass me abeg grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

One day, a guy hit me from behind. I came down to see the dent, and this guy just sat in his car. He didn't move. He didn't apologise

I looked again, and i saw McOluomo stickers on his fenders, saw Jagaban logo and all that.

Nah agbero hit you 😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

When i see people compare them to Nigerians, i laugh

My friend worked in a bakery own by them.

For every single slice of bread that you make a mistake, they deduct your salary...I mean EVERY SINGLE SLICE

Sometimes, your salary is almost gone before the month ends.

These guys no send holidays or sickness or leave.

The ones that do detergent work from 7am to 7pm. 1 hour break.

No sitting down. You will package detergents with just one nose mask. By 7pm, your face is already turning red.

Their daily pay is always 500 to 750. Maybe it has increased now sha
The Chinese company where I worked then was also 7am to 7pm and daily pay was as low as the figure you quoted.

Yes, your "no sitting down" claim is similar to what I already said about no idle moment in a Chinese company; you cannot be idle for even a minute.

Most of the Chinese guys in that Chinese company where I worked even had to, each time immigration officers came to the company, hide from the immigration officers.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
OasisX:

grin

......I wish I can just keep reading your arguments and pass, but I have to admit you are being factual.

I don't know much about Jews but Arabs eh, they don't see black as human beings except you prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

None of them send us. Arab, Jew, Indian, Chinese, Hispanic, White. In fact they don't like themselves. The only difference is that some of them fear a few of the others while others respect others. When it comes to the black man, they don't like us, fear us, or respect us. You have to go an extra mile to get to the same place.

Na iriri aiye be that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2023
Maybe it is just me, but i have a problem with utterances like this.

https://www.nairaland.com/7874065/rccg-stands-pastor-adeboye-backs
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
afrodoc2:

None of them send us. Arab, Jew, Indian, Chinese, Hispanic, White. In fact they don't like themselves. The only difference is that some of them fear a few of the others while others respect others. When it comes to the black man, they don't like us, fear us, or respect us. You have to go an extra mile to get to the same place.

Na iriri aiye be that.

....nothing but iriri ààyè indeed.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
Incognito9:

Nah agbero hit you 😂😂

Yes oh.

That's not a fight i want to start, talk more of win
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2023
GrammarNazi1:

The Chinese company where I worked then was also 7am to 7pm and daily pay was as low as the figure you quoted.

Yes, your "no sitting down" claim is similar to what I already said about no idle moment in a Chinese company; you cannot be idle for even a minute.

Most of the Chinese guys in that Chinese company where I worked even had to, each time immigration officers came to the company, hide from the immigration officers.

Lol.

Labour laws in Nigeria are non existent. If they were, some of these companies should have folded up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2023
Melvyn11:

This is not always true .

There are several of those foreign owned companies that don’t have Nigerians on their board .

The few ones that have Nigeria on their board , some of those Nigerians do not have a say in key decision making line using the staff for slaving jobs
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

What I was thinking. It's gradually turning out to be a religious matter; Muslims supporting Palestine and Christian supporting Israel.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ibime:

I highly doubt that. It makes no strategic sense to expose to the world how easily your Iron Dome can be overwhelmed just by sheer number of homemade rockets

Russia Ukraine war showed how overwhelming missile defences with cheap Shaheed drones costing just $20k will force air defences to shoot them down with $250k missiles, eventually if you flood the airspace, the air defence will have to let some through. Same thing Ukraine learned from, using many cheap drones to attack Russian black sea fleet, allowing one or two to get through. Hamas took notes and have exposed the Israeli air defence system using same tactics

Israel is now in big trouble as Iron Dome weakness has been exposed, they will need to start physically occupying Palestine to prevent the rockets at source. But can they do that for Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and other places where Iran backed forces will launch rockets from? Israels peace of mind in that region is now seriously at question. There is nothing to be gained from deliberately allowing the Hamas attacks except exposing their weaknesses

Yeah like i said it might just be people attaching greater powers to Israeli intelligence than they really have. It doesn't make much sense on a good day but i can't rule it out completely. Egypt is claiming that they warned Israel about it but Israel didn't take preventive measures. In 1973 some reports were that Israel had been warned about the attacks but the US advised them that they couldn't make pre-emptive strikes in order not to be seen to be the aggressor.

One possibility is that they got advance warning but didn't completely appreciate the scale of the Hamas attack. One has to remember that Netanyahu is a radical himself who resigned from Ariel Sharon's government when Sharon decided to evacuate the remaining Israelis from Gaza in 2005. He has also harboured deep personal animosity towards terrorists beyond the average Israeli since he lost his brother in Entebbe. He might have thought allowing a small Hamas attack into Israeli territory would give him the justification for invading Gaza.

I understand the iron dome issue as well. Also, that 1973 attack led to Golda Meir's government falling and ultimately Israel agreeing to peace talks in the Cap David Accord so i would overall side with you but i don't think i can completely rule it out based on how much extremism exists in both camps.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 12:25pm On Oct 12, 2023
Some of my personal best laws of power.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
Why is Tinubu putting Yorubas everywhere?

Or why is nobody talking about it?

EFCC Chairman na still Yoruba man again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2023
Anybody who is arguing about Lebanese/Indian/Chinese employers compared to Nigerian employers in Naija should count himself lucky that he has not had experiences with them. Those guys have higher levels of oppression and wickedness that the average Nigerian boss is not aware of.

If tallness is a talent then wickedness is a talent as well, and those guys have it in buckets.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
Warning to all the guys out there

Keep it zipped

https://www.nairaland.com/7874270/kwara-poly-students-killed-adeniyi
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2023
GrammarNazi1:

cheesy

.....LMFAO! To do what?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
OasisX:

cheesy

.....LMFAO! To do what?!

For protein. grin

Those guys are genius oppressors. Your oga go give you innovative oppression you sef go dey impressed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
OasisX:

cheesy

.....LMFAO! To do what?!
There was a time my section boss, in the Chinese factory where I worked, asked the workers to pick worms just because there was no supply of raw materials needed for us to work at our section.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

na God go judge the case.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

I saw that and just shake head. That man na compete busy body.

Who his standing help?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

It happened last year, i think.
Addo road, Ajah

People move about with so much anger these days. I don't know if it is the country or that is their default mode.

Imagine if one of them had a gun.

If both know one might have a gun they will behave better.

One day there was an older man driving like a convertible there was some traffic behind him were some young guys in their car driving very aggressively, making noise with their horns at the man's car and generally being rude, the man just pushed a button that opened his trunk and if you see the guns there it's like an armory. Immediately the guys behind stopped their reckless behavior

In Texas drivers don't just put their hands on the horn to harass other drivers, everyone knows the next man might be armed and just be waiting to be triggered

When you know that you behave properly.

If one of those guys just stepped out and the guy see him wearing military camouflage trouser do you think he will continue?

I always ask people wey go dey threaten say I get hot head, I get temper, why dem no dey go show their temper with soldiers?

Everyone dey do risk assessment for their head and pick soft targets

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This is not always true .

There are several of those foreign owned companies that don’t have Nigerians on their board .

The few ones that have Nigeria on their board , some of those Nigerians do not have a say in key decision making line using the staff for slaving jobs
I believe they learnt from how we treat our people here. So they believe that giving you a job of 20k is doing you a huge favour.

I remember one international school contracted to Julius berger back in 2011 along alpha Beach road(new road) in Eti Isa, lekki. The laborers where being paid 30k monthly for carrying cement and working under sun from morning to night. I got to know about this when these laborers were protesting their meager salary. The story is that they found out that their actual salary was 150k...but the Nigerian Ogas that put them in the job were eating the remaining 120k...

These workers were close to 100.

Nigerians don't treat their workers well...and this is what those Indians are seeing and tapping into it, cos it favours them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2023
izzou:

Come to Kirikiri road, and let me give you a tour on some of these Lebanese companies that produce detergents

That's when you will know we have mad love for ourselves as Nigerians

The thing is that in their own home country they treat each other like shitt, so why won't they treat Nigerians like shit or even worse. Those societies they are coming from no really get human or workers right. It's dog eat dog

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) ... (4798) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: A40(m), BlueRayDick, izzou(m), islamics(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.