Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,704 members, 7,851,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:36 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1540241 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) (3748) (3749) ... (4781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Diggz will come out of retirement to knock Okpa head if he goes this route without caution. grin

Aswear šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2023
I am not a student of history, but I can see reason with Ibime that an adopted language doesn't necessarily mean the people are from there.

My reason is my experience in Lagos.

If you go into some parts of Iba, you will see a large concentration of Igbos. The ratio can be 3:1 sef. You can literally be speaking Igbo from Iyana school down to Churchpole, and you'll see people who can understand you. They even have an Igbo primary school there. Many streets there have Igbo names. Churches, Village Unions, blah blah blah are Igbo-like..

Now, unless someone nukes that place, there's no argument that Igbos would outpower the locals there in say 50 years.

Then imagine someone coming in 200 years to say Iba in Lagos are people from Anambra state.

It is very possible for foreigners to outpower the locals in everything. But that doesn't translate to that place being an offcut from the foreign land.

I'm sure this is also in other parts of Nigeria too.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:26am On Nov 19, 2023
Melvyn11:
Cc Ibime.

Why do your people bear English names as surnames? That shi.t is really weird.

Due to trade with the white man. We choose a name the white man can pronounce for official documents and things. Mind you surname was an alien concept to us so when doing trade we pick one or the white man will bastardise it for you

Eg they will change Opubo to Opobo
Ibani to Bonny
Wakirike to Okrika
Jumogha to Jumbo
Perekule to Pepple etc etc

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2023
Ibime:

Due to trade with the white man. We choose a name the white man can pronounce for official documents and things. Mind you surname was an alien concept to us so when doing trade we pick one or the white man will bastardise it for you

Eg they will change Opubo to Opobo
Ibani to Bonny
Wakirike to Okrika
Jumogha to Jumbo
Perekule to Pepple etc etc

You mean anglicize cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 10:36am On Nov 19, 2023
Amigoss:
Abeg make we go back to south south history and vawulence jare....

Okpa,if you finish enter Delta igbos,ika and aniomas living in Edo state,I wan check something grin cheesy
Omo, wetin happen before?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 10:43am On Nov 19, 2023
izzou:
I am not a student of history, but I can see reason with Ibime that an adopted language doesn't necessarily mean the people are from there.

My reason is my experience in Lagos.

If you go into some parts of Iba, you will see a large concentration of Igbos. The ratio can be 3:1 sef. You can literally be speaking Igbo from Iyana school down to Churchpole, and you'll see people who can understand you. They even have an Igbo primary school there. Many streets there have Igbo names. Churches, Village Unions, blah blah blah are Igbo-like..

Now, unless someone nukes that place, there's no argument that Igbos would outpower the locals there in say 50 years.

Then imagine someone coming in 200 years to say Iba in Lagos are people from Anambra state.

It is very possible for foreigners to outpower the locals in everything. But that doesn't translate to that place being an offcut from the foreign land.

I'm sure this is also in other parts of Nigeria too.
Very true, if you go to a place in Calabar called Nasarawa or Boko Biri (Not sure I got the spelling right) you did swear they're the owners of the land because even the average Child of Efik descent born around these axis will most likely speak Hausa more fluently than Efik and they'll most times come across as Hausa because the prevailing culture affects the way they dress and behave.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2023
afrodoc2:

Hehehe. Nature abhors a vacuum. When there is no documented history, people will conjure up their own version.

Agreed.
Africa is seriously lacking in documented history.

Europeans have records dating back to 700 years. The Vatican vaults alone contains information of what actions popes took 900 years ago. Who the rulers were and what they did but African kingdoms rely on word od mouth or are completely oblivious to who their ancestors were. It's sad if you think about it.

Chinese have documented records dating back to emperors of 600 years ago yet we don't know where our people came from. I hope this changes soon.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 10:46am On Nov 19, 2023
Ibime is someone I really do admire and love on this site. He's vastly read and exposed.
Him and nateevs are fellows I've liked for a long time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2023
donjazzet:
Ibime is someone I really do admire and love on this site. He's vastly read and exposed.
except he's hot šŸ”„ tempered tongue
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
If the truth is affecting larride's mental health, he should say so.
I'll stop mentioning himšŸ˜.

But surely you cannot be doing all this and not be getting anything reasonable in returnšŸ˜

grin grin grin
The Bible says no rest for the wicked. cheesy

APC supporters are damn right hideous people without consciences. That has been my verdict for a damn long time. You cannot see everything going on in this country and still be joyfully aligning with these wicked leaders. You just can't.

Anyone still supporting the APC at this very moment is a damn wicked fool.

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2023
donjazzet:

Ibime it does not matter

You will still collect tomorrow grin
Collection delayed is not collection denied
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2023
Realmrsean:
Who's hot tempered
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2023
Realmrsean:

Yeah he is and has a supreme confidence in his opinions even when they might be wrong especially in football terms. But overall, I've always admired his general conduct. His maturity shines through on a lot of occasions and he's really well versed on soo many things.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2023
donjazzet:

grin grin grin
The Bible says no rest for the wicked. cheesy

APC supporters are damn right hideous people without consciences. That has been my verdict for a damn long time. You cannot see everything going on in this country and still be joyfully aligning with these wicked leaders. You just can't.

Anyone still supporting the APC at this very moment is a damn wicked fool.

In David attenborough voice - And here we have the DonJ former celebrated apc stripper once again on his high horse of black and white pseudo religious sanctimony.

LP good APC bad!

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 10:56am On Nov 19, 2023
donjazzet:

Yeah he is and has a supreme confidence in his opinions even when they might be wrong especially in football terms. But overall, I've always admired his general conduct. His maturity shines through on a lot of occasions and he's really well versed on soo many things.
Who is hot tempered? Are you talking about yourself?

Just asking

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:57am On Nov 19, 2023
Whoā€™s following this story of segun ogedegbe and his ex wife whoā€™s now mc (prince of Lagos) fvck mate
Sheā€™s also an actor

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjKH6WMP/

Kwam1 the usual alagbe and bizman sef collect

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:03am On Nov 19, 2023
Emaprince:
Who is hot tempered? Are you talking about yourself?

Just asking

grin grin grin

It is just 11 am

This Sunday go hot wella cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Whoā€™s following this story of segun ogedegbe and his ex wife whoā€™s now mc (prince of Lagos) fvck mate
Sheā€™s also an actor

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjKH6WMP/

Kwam1 the usual alagbe and bizman sef collect

All these bloggers should let the guy rest . The guy go the burial of his ex-wifeā€™s mother ; he didnā€™t do any wrong .

Maybe MC is the new guy in the block and he was also present there is not his fault na . All these Yoruba bloggers are just making mountain out of mole hill because of MC Oluomo being involved in the whole thing .

I donā€™t know why they are shaming the guy. If he didnā€™t go the same bloggers will bully him and claim he has fallen off and couldnā€™t afford to go pay last respect to his ex-in-laws a Yoruba guy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2023
patrickmuf:
Very true, if you go to a place in Calabar called Nasarawa or Boko Biri (Not sure I got the spelling right) you did swear they're the owners of the land because even the average Child of Efik descent born around these axis will most likely speak Hausa more fluently than Efik and they'll most times come across as Hausa because the prevailing culture affects the way they dress and behave.

grin grin cheesy

300 years later, you'll hear that Boko Biri people are from Funtua, Katsina state
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:06am On Nov 19, 2023
grin

.....we don finish service for our church, wetin dey sup?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2023
patrickmuf:
Stop this thing. You sef dey support LP...
And fvcking call out LP.
What's your issue?
TF?

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:13am On Nov 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:

All these bloggers should let the guy rest . The guy go the burial of his ex-wifeā€™s mother ; he didnā€™t do any wrong .

Maybe MC is the new guy in the block and he was also present there is not his fault na . All these Yoruba bloggers are just making mountain out of mole hill because of MC Oluomo being involved in the whole thing .

I donā€™t know why they are shaming the guy. If he didnā€™t go the same bloggers will bully him and claim he has fallen off and couldnā€™t afford to go pay last respect to his ex-in-laws a Yoruba guy
Nah what the guy ainā€™t wrong going to the burial
But which one baby sitting and spending hours there

What if prince of lagoon boys attack him, you already see how he was shamelessly dancing to wasiu tunes

But fear woman shašŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 11:13am On Nov 19, 2023
swiz123:

His crime is supporting APC and particularly campaigning for Tinubu's election. Apart from that, I think he is an honest dude who is bold enough to criticize the government accordingly.

The irredeemable raumdueter and OasisX support everything.

Maybe you guys have forgotten who larride is\was on this section.

He was basically the Oasis of the Buhari administration. Defending the indefensible, infact it was even some of his defences that made some of us question whether we were normal to even have supported the rubbish in the first place.

Every single negative that was brought up about the APC admin under Buhari, larride will defend and even made it known that he was actually an APC party member and went ahead to double down in his support of the present administration, so tell me why he shouldn't be held to account for what his party even in his own state is doing?

You guys are dunking on prosper for doing the most honourable thing we should all be doing; holding this wicked party and all its enablers to account. Holding their feet to the fire for fostering this disaster upon us all.

15 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

And fvcking call out LP.
What's your issue?
TF?

That one Na fool right from time.
I don't think he even voted, he wasn't man enough to boldly support the evil he's been shyly supporting.

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2023
The only thing wey dey pain me be say, the money will end up with BBNaija and celebrity oloshos who will use it to buy range rovers and pepper the same tax payers.

If they were stealing this money to build factories, build businesses and employ Nigerians, I for no even mind

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2023
swiz123:

He is waiting for LASG response to that "good opposition" before he riots.

You can imagine what the riot of a man in an Arabic paradise would look like.

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
na here dem attack Onyema cox he no dey pay NEPA bill yet he dey complain abt govt. Another person wey dey pay tax dey demand financial accountability dey say he dey do cyber stalking. Wetin be d color of ur stupity? Ode

These APC people here are irredeemably stupid and heartless. They are fools.

That's the only correct answer for this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2023
Itsrm:
The only thing wey dey pain me be say, the money will end up with BBNaija and celebrity oloshos who will use it to buy range rovers and pepper the same tax payers.

If they were stealing this money to build factories, build businesses and employ Nigerians, I for no even mind

Guy!!! I always think this way too.

The money you see our female celebs lavishing on expensive lifestyles - luxury cars, buying expensive duplexes, travelling to Dubai etc etc, are money from our politicians which were suppose to be judiciously used..but No, the corrupt criminals will always loot and useless the money.

This is also why I strongly feel that paying tax in Nigeria is a waste of time. It should be abolished because nothing good comes out of it, except the criminals squandering it.

The huge tax I'm paying recently dey pain me to the bones. This is because as I'm paying more, things are even getting more worse in the country. The taxes I pay has no effect whatsoever on my life.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:

So tey Camera man dey focus and zoom camera on am,dem dey sing orin ote too and he didn't leave?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 11:32am On Nov 19, 2023
izzou:

Abeg Abeg grin. No let me collect this morning

I was born in LUTH. Schooled here. Live here.

I know 80% of this city without using a map.

But please, leave Eko for people wey get am

This right here is why I will never understand ethnic champions.

We all celebrate together when we hear that a Nigerian has won an election in NewYork or London or a European country. We see it as a sign of Nigerians great hustling and entrepreneurial spirit and being the best representatives of their country.

But when fellow Nigerians contest elective positions within their own country, we start hearing "go back" even to people like yourself who were most likely born there.

The whole thing is wrong and absurd. Imagine a third generation igbo in Lagos being told to go back to his "state". cheesy omoo APC really destroyed Nigeria this last elections. Let's see if it was worth it all along.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:34am On Nov 19, 2023
Amigoss:

So tey Camera man dey focus and zoom camera on am,dem dey sing orin ote too and he didn't leave?
Exactly the guy is gentle like me but I ainā€™t going to sit there with those troll song from wasiu the shameless agbaya

He overstayed jare

Blueraydick so na this guy be kunlepoly

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjKHDXCx/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by swiz123(m): 11:39am On Nov 19, 2023
Itsrm:

For 90% of men, once they hit big illegal funds, the first thing they do is look for babes to lavish it on. So as long as these criminal leaders are in power, those celebrity oloshos will continue to pepper us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) (3748) (3749) ... (4781) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mƩs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman, Ellexy, larride(m), afrodoc2, izzou(m), Amigoss, KingTom(m), GrammarNazi1(m), Theflint1(m), sapoyoro(m), GloriousGbola, liveLongNprospa(m), Spy360(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.