Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,766 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1547897 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3866) (3867) (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) ... (4798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:54am On Dec 09, 2023
Ibime:

How much to buy house in any City in Nigeria that N20m will make you not to Japa?
I have my house already
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:12am On Dec 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I have my house already

No be the point. I measure freedom and comfort in how many houses an amount can buy because worst case scenario, if you can secure your standard of lifestyle from rental income alone, then you can be satisfied with the amount that will guarantee that. N20m is far from that, won't even give you one rental income in most Cities.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:20am On Dec 09, 2023
KingTom:

Bruh, after the events of 2014 anything wey concern Ford I wash my hands comot, I collided with a Tacoma just like mine infact na 1999 fish tail model do me this kin thing, imagine if it were a Tundra cry as I woke up in the hospital I saw the light and it said 'Tom, Tom! Flee! Flee from Ford!! Flee before that American contraption kills you finally'. Ford cars sweet i no go lie, but these new ones too soft, see the remains of my beloved Ranger cry cry

Omoh! shocked

No be small speed una use dey come.

Thank God for your life. These newer models soft sha, including the Tundra (I believe)
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:09am On Dec 09, 2023
Ibime:

No be the point. I measure freedom and comfort in how many houses an amount can buy because worst case scenario, if you can secure your standard of lifestyle from rental income alone, then you can be satisfied with the amount that will guarantee that. N20m is far from that, won't even give you one rental income in most Cities.
I get the point but like someone said if 20m can't be used for investment and getting long time income
They should just sell the country

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 6:02am On Dec 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:
i see the lazy , small minded roid munching dunce has found his mouth again.

the archetypical obedient - unable to reason for himself and cursed to regurgitate peter obis lamba

the only thing it can be counted on to do is share twitter screenshots and memes

that is what passes for political discourse in its whatsapp groups
Baba have some shame na. U re an old man na. So if they ask u if this govt is wasteful u go say no? I use to think that as one age comes wisdom but u re proving me wrong.

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:17am On Dec 09, 2023
kad199:
Baba have some shame na. U re an old man na. So if they ask u if this govt is wasteful u go say no? I use to think that as one age comes wisdom but u re proving me wrong.

I posted a link you stupid dunce. Go and read it. If you are incapable of actually reading and only repeating what people share with you the get off my mentions and go and play on the swings with the roid muncher.

Can you read anything other than a 5 line meme though? Can you watch anything longer than a 10 second tiktok video?

Daft stupid dunce. I understand that the internet means I have to interact with stupid idiots with unformed brains but I suggest you go and roll with your friends in the league of copy paste and share /emotional rants about evil.

Nonsense. Stupid idiot child who thinks taking politics is copying and pasting memes.

You can never feature in an actual discussion or debate. Like the clowns you follow all you are good for is sharing articles without context - them throwing in some silly smileys. Bleep off and go and spot for the roid muncher and his friend. Maybe after three years here you might somehow imbibe sense but I doubt it. Idiots flock together and reinforce their stupidity after all.

We have plenty of discussions here. Arguments about politics, about money, about gender wars, about sex. We also have the basic tribalism that features in the political threads.

When we need arguments about which tribe has the biggest booty or which tribe is the most cowardly, your input will be expected. Till then Bleep off my mentions and go and suck roid boys dick.

Edit

https://www.nairaland.com/kad199

Dear lord! See the ediat I am wasting my energy responding to shocked shocked shocked

Nairaland truly needs a block feature. This is the mentally lazy Arrow I am responding to. I fully expect you to ask someone offline how to respond to my post. Seeing as you are completely incapable of thinking for your self in the most mundane of things. I will not be suprised if you are doing apprentice yahoo yahoo. Your topics give that vibe. cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:20am On Dec 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I get the point but like someone said if 20m can't be used for investment and getting long time income
They should just sell the country

It’s not a case of selling the country or not . N20m is not a money that should make u not to travel to a place like Canada , USA or Austriala if u have an express entry/student visa .

I have a close family friend who retired from a private company in his early 50’s around 2018 or thereabouts . I honestly don’t know how much he got as lump sun for retirement benefits , but I know it ran into millions .

He tried his hands on some business but he noticed the after effects of the 2016-2017 recession was eating deep into his savings . He was most likely going to face longevity risk ( The risk of outliving one’s income ). Baba follow visiting visa enter America around 2019 having gathered his remaining savings , sold off his business assets to take process japa .

Today he has been granted asylum , living a decent life and taking care of his family with his fear of longevity risk gone.

N20m is not as much as most people are seeing it on paper today .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Godx: 6:22am On Dec 09, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Your screenshot shows that inflation rose from 9% at the start of Buhari's tenure to 22% in May when he left.

That's a jump of almost 300%.

What is the inflation jump from May to December under Tinubu?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Godx: 6:32am On Dec 09, 2023
The most baffling thing is all these Nigerian who travel abroad and starts working 3 to 4 different jobs at once just to meet up while in Nigeria they lazy about doing only one thing. The work ethic this bozos put abroad, you won't ever see it in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 6:36am On Dec 09, 2023
izzou:

Omoh! shocked

No be small speed una use dey come.

Thank God for your life. These newer models soft sha, including the Tundra (I believe)
Na God o, a Golf loaded with Hausa fish sellers suddenly came to a quick halt, me in trying to avoid the Golf (cos I'd have killed everyone in that car) put my face to the right, I saw the Tacoma lights and the rest is history...
The new Tundra looks soft true true, that OG wide face Tundra remains the GOAT, but na who chop well belleful go fit use those kin cars for this balablu regime grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:39am On Dec 09, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7935479/nigeria-netherlands-sign-agreement-establishment

If this comes to fruition the following will be the outcome
1) employment opportunities
2) business opportunities for partners
3) a knock on effect where other players come into the market
4) reduced cost of solar installations across board
5)knowledge transfer and industry creation

Incidentally there are also mous signed with battery manufacturers

But we cannot expect the empty headed dunces still tied to their parents aprons strings to understand this.

"if your country is good - investors will come". Even Peter obi knows his lamba is bullshit for simpletons.
They should ask them if their hero Peter obi did not have to engage sabmiller before they set up shop in Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 6:40am On Dec 09, 2023
DissTroy:

I could go back and forth with you on this even though this aspect has been addressed by others on this thread, but in truth, I am more primarily concerned about the FDI and other such benefits stemming from it to my own state of origin since we had a delegation there. These are the people I can hold accountable to some extent, unlike the FG which has always seemed elusive and so distant from the populace.
I don't believe a back and forth will be advisable, because there is literally no evidence about Toke Makinwa not being able to sponsor herself to COP28.

Unless of course, you have the evidence, because I know you, you don't say things you can't prove.

The emboldened is very wise, instead of arguing about who sponsored Toke or who didn't. I tell you this, many who debated that here, will probably sponsor the likes of her to Dubai, if they're in government or, if they clearly can afford her. No cap!.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:43am On Dec 09, 2023
KingTom:

Bruh, after the events of 2014 anything wey concern Ford I wash my hands comot, I collided with a Tacoma just like mine infact na 1999 fish tail model do me this kin thing, imagine if it were a Tundra cry as I woke up in the hospital I saw the light and it said 'Tom, Tom! Flee! Flee from Ford!! Flee before that American contraption kills you finally'. Ford cars sweet i no go lie, but these new ones too soft, see the remains of my beloved Ranger cry cry

We thank God for your life and limbs chief. My understanding is the older models of pickups and cars in general are much tougher than the newer ones
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 7:09am On Dec 09, 2023
Oya they have added blue skys that was deceiving some of you the other day.

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

Not everyone is skilled enough to trade in FX and make a profit without running into scammers or just lose the money. At least by buying and waiting you are not losing much value

I will like anyone who has done a personal business and made it from the business share their experience. Cos in Naija not everything look thhe way they seem

There was a time na Night club, everyone will point to how night clubs are making it not knowing say the night club owners are just front for yahoo and drugs. The sales from these clubs do not tally with the lifestyles of the club owners

Business in Nigeria is certainly not easy. I'm no longer even seeing the point for now especially for those of us outside Lagos. It's not easy. Most people I know here who really succeed in business get contracts from government officials and their cronies.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2023
KingTom:

The vehicle actually saved your life. It absorbed the impact that would have been transferred to you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:25am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Business in Nigeria is certainly not easy. I'm no longer even seeing the point for now especially for those of us outside Lagos. It's not easy. Most people I know here who really succeed in business get contracts from government officials and their cronies.

It is fking hard. The procurement guys want 20 % plus cut. If you no play no way

How you go take do am and still make profit while delivering a good job? Especially with runaway inflation as it is?

We do some project management and that is the root of the fights most of the time. Vendor has settled people and has to cut corner to break even.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:27am On Dec 09, 2023
Even Tinubu no collect like Toke makinwa has,dem even talk say make she open space and teach Nigerians what she learnt about climate change in cop28,call am climate baddiie join

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:33am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:
The most baffling thing is all these Nigerian who travel abroad and starts working 3 to 4 different jobs at once just to meet up while in Nigeria they lazy about doing only one thing. The work ethic this bozos put abroad, you won't ever see it in Nigeria.

I guess someone who leaves Alagbado for 5am everyday to lekki and comes back 10pm for a sum of N110k per month is also a lazy bozo for holding on to that one job while in Nigeria .

Nigeria operates a monthly pay system that will suck out the living light out of u and make it difficult to hold more than one job except in rare cases when ur job is remote or hybrid .

If Nigeria was a country that rewards labour , a graduate will not be earning $110 for a whole month in which he has put in at least 160 hours of work and spent almost half of it on transportation .

Is it that u people don’t know the actual value of money or it’s just blind and delusional patriotism that makes u say some of these things like the one up there ?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It is fking hard. The procurement guys want 20 % plus cut. If you no play no way

How you go take do am and still make profit while delivering a good job? Especially with runaway inflation as it is?

We do some project management and that is the root of the fights most of the time. Vendor has settled people and has to cut corner to break even.

I once shared an experience here when someone gave me a job of 20k to help him do and was still asking me for his cut. I ignored him. Since then, he has not called me for any job again cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

Lets even assume this is possible, will you not even get one job before you start doing two or three? Where are the jobs?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

The vehicle actually saved your life. It absorbed the impact that would have been transferred to you.
Yes this is true, and apart from a few cuts from broken glass, no other damage was done. But I was dissapointed when I saw the state of the Tacoma, I no even dent am small grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Godx: 7:45am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Lets even assume this is possible, will you not even get one job before you start doing two or three? Where are the jobs?
They are jobs everywhere. The menial jobs some of you do abroad to survive, you will turn them down In Nigeria forming too big. That's what am talking about. You will get to America and start doing 3 to 4 jobs but back in Nigeria those lazy bozos won't do more than one job.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

We thank God for your life and limbs chief. My understanding is the older models of pickups and cars in general are much tougher than the newer ones
Amin. I think any car generally, you stand a better chance of survival if you were hit by an Mk8 Golf as compared to the Mk2 Iron and steelgrin grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:50am On Dec 09, 2023
Melvyn11:
Oya they have added blue skys that was deceiving some of you the other day.

Na Warri be this?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:52am On Dec 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I guess someone who leaves Alagbado for 5am everyday to lekki and comes back 10pm for a sum of N110k per month is also a lazy bozo for holding on to that one job while in Nigeria .

Nigeria operates a monthly pay system that will suck out the living light out of u and make it difficult to hold more than one job except in rare cases when ur job is remote or hybrid .

If Nigeria was a country that rewards labour , a graduate will not be earning $110 for a whole month in which he has put in at least 160 hours of work and spent almost half of it on transportation .

Is it that u people don’t know the actual value of money or it’s just blind and delusional patriotism that makes u say some of these things like the one up there ?

In 2015 I got some cool PP. But I was under serious pressure and stress. As I enter house 8pm.na to sleep to 10 then get up and work to 3 or 4am. Sleep to 5.30,then get up and prepare for work. One night I don't even think I slept at all. I resorted to taking 1 hour sleep in the restroom. Sometimes I would fall asleep during meetings.

Multiple Jobs are hard, moreso when you have to factor lagos commute.

I was in vi on Thursday for a meeting. We finished late and I was debating with myself. Do I go through third mainland bridge (longer trip) or through orile (shorter but with multiple potential robbery choke point) in the end I went through 3mb. Even then I still entered hold up here and there and was cutting eye. Watching out for traffic robbers is stress in itself. And then oke way okada, trailer danfo, siren. I got home and went to sleep straight
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 7:53am On Dec 09, 2023
Amigoss:

Na Warri be this?
Warri neighbor.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:55am On Dec 09, 2023
Melvyn11:

Warri neighbor.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

They are jobs everywhere. The menial jobs some of you do abroad to survive, you will turn them down In Nigeria forming too big. That's what am talking about. You will get to America and start doing 3 to 4 jobs but back in Nigeria those lazy bozos won't do more than one job.

Several Menial jobs pay more abroad than in Nigeria.

Only the wealthiest people can afford live in househelp abroad.

Ibime spoke about building his patio by himself. It is also because you will pay a tradesman an arm and a leg so you have to think carefully about if you cannot do the work by yourself.

As an engineer or lawyer you bill people by the hour abroad. No story. The only people that bill by the hour in Nigeria are the big 4 accounting.

Payment for services is skewed in Nigeria and is a buyers market and they keep squeezing.

It is not as cut and dried as you are putting it.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:00am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Also why I fear Nigerians. These car sellers will take an accidented car whose frame is compromised, weld it, cover it and sell. So if you are in a Collison the Frame is already gone and the car will collapse on you.

I was at my mechanic one time and if you see the cars they were welding together, you will fear.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 8:03am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

Abroad, if you don’t get a good job or jobs, you have to fight for your life. No free meal or handouts from anyone. They can easily depot you as well.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:04am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

Where are those menial jobs? Go on facebook pages and see people looking for jobs of 25k and they can't even get.

Maybe you reside in Lagos and have no idea what is happening elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3866) (3867) (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) ... (4798) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: DammyOlu123(m), swiz123(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.