Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,403 members, 7,853,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1548019 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3867) (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) ... (4798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:07am On Dec 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Also why I fear Nigerians. These car sellers will take an accidented car whose frame is compromised, weld it, cover it and sell. So if you are in a Collison the Frame is already gone and the car will collapse on you.

I was at my mechanic one time and if you see the cars they were welding together, you will fear.

Very good point too. The structural integrity of a lot of cars have been compromised and well covered in shiny paints.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 8:08am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

They are jobs everywhere. The menial jobs some of you do abroad to survive, you will turn them down In Nigeria forming too big. That's what am talking about. You will get to America and start doing 3 to 4 jobs but back in Nigeria those lazy bozos won't do more than one job.

Yo wan dey do 15k cleaning job or 4k lebuke work carrying kpon kpon all day,O'din din bale ile....

If we revert to hourly wages,Nigerians will be more productive and value time

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:12am On Dec 09, 2023
Amigoss:

Yo wan dey do 15k cleaning job or 4k lebuke work carrying kpon kpon all day,O'din din bale ile....

If we revert to hourly wages,Nigerians will be more productive and value time

You'll be surprised how difficult it is getting those cleaning jobs for those who even want to do them.

Graduates in my hometown in Abeokuta can't even get teaching jobs of 20k. Who wan pay you 15k to clean. What are you cleaning?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:13am On Dec 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

In 2015 I got some cool PP. But I was under serious pressure and stress. As I enter house 8pm.na to sleep to 10 then get up and work to 3 or 4am. Sleep to 5.30,then get up and prepare for work. One night I don't even think I slept at all. I resorted to taking 1 hour sleep in the restroom. Sometimes I would fall asleep during meetings.

Multiple Jobs are hard, moreso when you have to factor lagos commute.

I was in vi on Thursday for a meeting. We finished late and I was debating with myself. Do I go through third mainland bridge (longer trip) or through orile (shorter but with multiple potential robbery choke point) in the end I went through 3mb. Even then I still entered hold up here and there and was cutting eye. Watching out for traffic robbers is stress in itself. And then oke way okada, trailer danfo, siren. I got home and went to sleep straight

U get ! The stress u face doing one job alone in Nigeria is enough to cut one’s life expectancy short .

Talking about menial jobs , There are people who work 6am to 6pm in factories like Wahum at Oba Akran road Ikeja Monday to Saturday for paltry sums. How people like that wan take 3-4 jobs at once ?

Even some artisans sef who learn more than one skill , the whole skills are not as rewarding as making them breakeven . An ex-secondary school mate has a bachelors from a university of agriculture , he learnt house painting and tiling both of which he uses to hustle with a little knowledge of plumbing . We still engaged him on a construction project earlier in the year .He does all of those jobs and yet he’s still struggling to make ends meet.

Obviously if he goes abroad , holds 3-4 jobs and makes good money somebody up there will refer to him as a lazy bozo while he was in Nigeria .

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 8:15am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

You'll be surprised how difficult it is getting those cleaning jobs for those who even want to do them.

Graduates in my hometown in Abeokuta can't even get teaching jobs of 20k. Who wan pay you 15k to clean. What are you cleaning?

I nor believe this one. I know Househelps getting 20k plus monthly.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Godx: 8:18am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Where are those menial jobs? Go on facebook pages and see people looking for jobs of 25k and they can't even get.

Maybe you reside in Lagos and have no idea what is happening elsewhere.

They are menial jobs everywhere around us. Anybody that's jobless is down to them turning down offers they feel is below them. Same bozo will gladly do the same job abroad.

I don't live in Lagos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2023
Melvyn11:

Where? In Abeokuta? Who even employs househelps in Abeokuta? cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Some companies pay cleaners as much as 50k in Lagos but be rest assured more than half of it will be spent on transportation and feeding daily . If u work in V.I for example , it’s either u are coming from the mainland or all those places after Lekki/Ajah cos ur salary can’t even afford u to pay 5 days rent in V.I
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Where? In Abeokuta? Who even employs househelps in Abeokuta? cheesy
Wetin concern me and Abeokuta.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2023
Melvyn11:

Depends on the location.

It still depends on the location, inside the location.

VI rate and Ikorodu rate dey different

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Some companies pay cleaners as much as 50k in Lagos but be rest assured more than half of it will be spent on transportation and feeding daily . If u work in V.I for example , it’s either u are coming from the mainland or all those places after Lekki/Ajah cos ur salary can’t even afford u to pay 5 days rent in V.I

In PH, average is between 15 and 30k and it's not even easy to get. I know because people have approached me severally to help them get anything that can put food on the table. If the jobs are everywhere why will they be coming to me.

And this is PH. Imagine how it is in Abeokuta.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 8:31am On Dec 09, 2023
izzou:

Depends on the location.

It still depends on the location, inside the location.

VI rate and Ikorodu rate dey different
It's the graduates not getting a teaching job for 20k part I don't even believe when I know Househelps getting that amount.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:31am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

They are jobs everywhere. The menial jobs some of you do abroad to survive, you will turn them down In Nigeria forming too big. That's what am talking about. You will get to America and start doing 3 to 4 jobs but back in Nigeria those lazy bozos won't do more than one job.

How can you say this?

Some low budget factories have their workers work from 7am to 7pm.

So please, when should this person go for his second job?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 8:32am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Ahhhh,then the situation is bad bad then,Na why everybody dey run come Lagos and abuja and it even get worse cos expenses will eat everything up

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:33am On Dec 09, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

50m dollars.

Did that man just group us with Argentina in terms of purchasing power?
Lol. We are poorer than Argentina. Nigeria is really poor fam.

Minimum wage is $30 a month. There are war torn countries that pay better
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:34am On Dec 09, 2023
Melvyn11:

Wetin concern me and Abeokuta.

When you are in a few states that are economically viable, you tend to assume other states are like that.

My friend in Abeokuta who has NCE teaches in a school where he's paid 15k monthly. He doesn't spend on transportation. The wife earns 45k in another school but spends almost half on transportation.

Where will that kind of family get money to hire househelps. And they are not the exception. It's the norm for most families in that place.

I'm using Abeokuta because it's where I grew up and know quite well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:34am On Dec 09, 2023
Melvyn11:

It's the graduates not getting a teaching job for 20k part I don't even believe when I know Househelps getting that amount.

One fact about Nigeria is that your pay is not determined by your certificate. It is determined by what the employer can afford.

Teaching job is not easy to come by. Some schools use one teacher for 3 subjects. A guy i know was a teacher and a school bus driver (He collected that one to boost the salary to about 50k)

Everything is possible here oh. Some primary schools are like kiosks. Na that one go fit pay 20k per month?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 8:37am On Dec 09, 2023
A40:
Lol. We are poorer than Argentina. Nigeria is really poor fam.

Minimum wage is $30 a month. There are war torn countries that pay better
I think a new minimum wage is coming by April next year. Labor are saying the minimum amount will be 65k.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:37am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

You're a doofus. What is the quality of pay? How many hours are you allotted to work? Same Nigeria that even Drs are owed salary. Are you people insane or what?

A contract staff nigga who lives in Mowe Ibafo on 85k salary and has to report to Access Bank Victoria Island at 8am to work till 5pm and spend another 5 hours inside traffic. Where is he going to find time or energy to do another job.

No way a sane person can even type this

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 8:38am On Dec 09, 2023
GIANT OF AFRICA

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:38am On Dec 09, 2023
Amigoss:

Ahhhh,then the situation is bad bad then,Na why everybody dey run come Lagos and abuja and it even get worse cos expenses will eat everything up

I still advice people to move to lagos if they have a place they can stay. It may be rough in the beginning but will get better by the time they move between 2-3 jobs. Lagos is more or less the only place in this country where you can get something doing if you're not lazy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2023
Melvyn11:

I think a new minimum wage is coming by April next year. Labor are saying the minimum amount will be 65k.
Even if it's set for 100k can they pay is the more important question
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Godx: 8:41am On Dec 09, 2023
izzou:

How can you say this?

They are night businesses and jobs that thrives at night. Options to get 2 to 3 more jobs full everywhere. This same person will work like a mad man in the same abroad. You all are writing excuses upon excuses. Factory jobs also have shifts and time slots.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:41am On Dec 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Also someone is likely collecting 30% from that money. The facilitator. I thought these things only happened with government. In 2019 we needed a guy in Abuja at short notice. My friend who I called gave me someone and insisted I pay through him. My friend was basically taking like 30% of the guys salary. I was weak. And this friend na full blown alfa.

If you are negotiating salary and you tell the interviewee to give you figure you will see for yourself that rates vary. Someone in lag will say 100k +, someone in abeokuta will say 80+.

izzou:

How can you say this?

I did my NYSC in a factory. The Chinese and Indian run factories are complete deads end and dangerous to your health. You are barely keeping body and soul together.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Godx: 8:42am On Dec 09, 2023
A40:
You're a doofus. What is the quality of pay? How many hours are you allotted to work? Same Nigeria that even Drs are owed salary. Are you people insane or what?

A contract staff nigga who lives in Mowe Ibafo on 85k salary and has to report to Access Bank Victoria Island at 8am to work till 5pm and spend another 5 hours inside traffic. Where is he going to find time or energy to do another job.

No way a sane person can even type this
K
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:43am On Dec 09, 2023
Naah this is a genuinely mad fellow. Comparing society where there are labor laws to Nigeria where even established companies owe and can get away with it. Truly the ramblings of a mad man

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:43am On Dec 09, 2023
izzou:

One fact about Nigeria is that your pay is not determined by your certificate. It is determined by what the employer can afford.

Teaching job is not easy to come by. Some schools use one teacher for 3 subjects. A guy i know was a teacher and a school bus driver (He collected that one to boost the salary to about 50k)

Everything is possible here oh. Some primary schools are like kiosks. Na that one go fit pay 20k per month?

At my former place of work, one baba used to work as security guard for the bank(his primary employer) during the day and then work as night guard for the owners of the entire property once it's night time. I learnt from our cleaners that the man's family stays at Gberigbe, Ikorodu. He only goes to see them weekends before u even leave ur house on monday morning he's back on the island.

Despite the man's industrious spirit he still struggles to pay his bills. Some of us give him stipends ocassionally just seeing his struggles as a man. (Well, the tips paid off cos he was one of our surest cash plugs during the cash scarcity when he was always helping us arrange cash when they load cash at night when everybody has left work)
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 8:44am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

They are night businesses and jobs that thrives at night. Options to get 2 to 3 more jobs full everywhere. This same person will work like a mad man in the same abroad. You all are writing excuses upon excuses. Factory jobs also have shifts and time slots.

This guy is definitely trolling grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:44am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

You really don't know what you are talking about. Most factories here are run by Chinese, Lebanese and Indians. You are on your feet for over 8 hours. Then you will go and be on your feet for 8 hours in another factory. Consistently not as a matter of crunch. In a high pressure environment with brutal working conditions. How long do you think you will last if you work 16 hours a day 6 days a week?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 8:45am On Dec 09, 2023
grin grin grin our fat fool on the loose
GloriousGbola:

I posted a link you stupid dunce. Go and read it. If you are incapable of actually reading and only repeating what people share with you the get off my mentions and go and play on the swings with the roid muncher.

Can you read anything other than a 5 line meme though? Can you watch anything longer than a 10 second tiktok video?

Daft stupid dunce. I understand that the internet means I have to interact with stupid idiots with unformed brains but I suggest you go and roll with your friends in the league of copy paste and share /emotional rants about evil.

Nonsense. Stupid idiot child who thinks taking politics is copying and pasting memes.

You can never feature in an actual discussion or debate. Like the clowns you follow all you are good for is sharing articles without context - them throwing in some silly smileys. Bleep off and go and spot for the roid muncher and his friend. Maybe after three years here you might somehow imbibe sense but I doubt it. Idiots flock together and reinforce their stupidity after all.

We have plenty of discussions here. Arguments about politics, about money, about gender wars, about sex. We also have the basic tribalism that features in the political threads.

When we need arguments about which tribe has the biggest booty or which tribe is the most cowardly, your input will be expected. Till then Bleep off my mentions and go and suck roid boys dick.

Edit

https://www.nairaland.com/kad199

Dear lord! See the ediat I am wasting my energy responding to shocked shocked shocked

Nairaland truly needs a block feature. This is the mentally lazy Arrow I am responding to. I fully expect you to ask someone offline how to respond to my post. Seeing as you are completely incapable of thinking for your self in the most mundane of things. I will not be suprised if you are doing apprentice yahoo yahoo. Your topics give that vibe. cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:45am On Dec 09, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:46am On Dec 09, 2023
Amigoss:

This guy is definitely troling grin

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3867) (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) ... (4798) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: airmark(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.